PDA

View Full Version : Youtube posted as Assault of Ron Paul chair at Louisiana GOP Convention - u can hear yell

sailingaway
06-02-2012, 11:52 AM
which I guess is when his hip was dislocated and they called the ambulance, putting this together with the facebook post - on the video you can also hear them elect a new chair AGAIN after the police remove the injured one. They then turn their backs to the purported chair still continuing and elect delegates. SPREAD THIS VIDEO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofnSb9l9rwQ&feature=youtu.be

Kotin
06-02-2012, 11:55 AM
Completely shameful.

Eliyahf
06-02-2012, 12:07 PM
ARGHHH! Please tell me there is legal action being taken.

No1butPaul
06-02-2012, 12:24 PM
From the Daily Paul:

Drudge had this as Main story for about 5 min. GONE NOW!
Submitted by PAFFVINTAGE on Sat, 06/02/2012 - 13:34. Permalink

Wow! Drudge Report had this video as the MAIN headline about 10 minutes ago and they also had the link to the Daily Pelican (think he meant Dead Pelican -- see link on post below) showing the picture of one side of the room (the Paul people) completely turned in the opposite direction in protest. They were on Drudge for about 5 minutes then taken COMPLETELY OFF. The stories are not there at all. Wonder who called and said remove them!!

eleganz
06-02-2012, 12:36 PM
That was intense. So no more state convention?

LibertyEagle
06-02-2012, 12:37 PM
I hope there is a better video.

No1butPaul
06-02-2012, 12:39 PM
Video on Front Page:

http://www.thedeadpelican.com/

Picture of RP supporters w/backs turned

http://www.thedeadpelican.com/i/split.jpg

bb23
06-02-2012, 12:47 PM
Here's another video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgTpLOUxC6Q&sns=tw

torchbearer
06-02-2012, 12:50 PM
From the Daily Paul:

Drudge had this as Main story for about 5 min. GONE NOW!
Submitted by PAFFVINTAGE on Sat, 06/02/2012 - 13:34. Permalink

Wow! Drudge Report had this video as the MAIN headline about 10 minutes ago and they also had the link to the Daily Pelican (think he meant Dead Pelican -- see link on post below) showing the picture of one side of the room (the Paul people) completely turned in the opposite direction in protest. They were on Drudge for about 5 minutes then taken COMPLETELY OFF. The stories are not there at all. Wonder who called and said remove them!!

shreveport pd was there, convention security was their, hilton security was there, and i saw a couple of state troopers. lots of guns at the call of the central committee, who i guess was using them as personal mafia muscle men. but in the end it didn't work.

kuckfeynes
06-02-2012, 12:53 PM
Just wow. Wish the video showed the actual attack.

A cop violently taking out a sober dignified man in a suit trying to exercise his most basic 1st Amendment right is imagery that every American needs to see.

If there is any question left that republic has become regime, there you go.

torchbearer
06-02-2012, 12:57 PM
Here's another video

that is not alex. that is the new chair henry herford. ive known him for awhile. guy had a hip replacement surgery not too long ago. they just effed him up good.
there is another video in another thread where people are saying it was the chairman, but it was alex helwig the chairman of the rules committee.
alex was removed because the state central committee appointed a chair of the rules committee, but the rules committee removed him the day before and put alex in his place. at the state convention today, when the chair of the rules committee was called on alex objected to the other guy, claiming rightfully so that we was the duly elected chair of the rules commmittee.
henry herford, our convention chair was assaulted for have a mic.

rich34
06-02-2012, 01:05 PM
Why is it that when the law shows up they just automatially take their side everytime? I know why, but it's rediculous.

puppetmaster
06-02-2012, 01:06 PM
the phone was taken?

No1butPaul
06-02-2012, 01:08 PM
Anyone catch what the PO said -- "Actually, he's under a rest for ???"

torchbearer
06-02-2012, 01:10 PM
Why is it that when the law shows up they just automatially take their side everytime? I know why, but it's rediculous.

the thug enforcement officers were their early and were briefed to keep their eyes on the people with the star of david sown to their shirts.

LibertyEagle
06-02-2012, 01:10 PM
Anyone catch what the PO said -- "Actually, he's under a rest for ???"

Do you mean, ARREST? Because I don't think he's taking "a rest". :p

No1butPaul
06-02-2012, 01:12 PM
Do you mean, ARREST? Because I don't think he's taking "a rest". :p

There is no getting away with a typo on RPF! My bad.

JWZguy
06-02-2012, 01:15 PM
"It's evidence" - yeah, evidence of a police state.

kuckfeynes
06-02-2012, 01:16 PM
Here's another video

Jesus. If the general public can turn a blind eye to THAT... Time to reconsider the exit strategy...

ninepointfive
06-02-2012, 01:16 PM
shared this on the RP delegates facebook page

airborne373
06-02-2012, 01:29 PM
Does anyone on this forum know what is actually happened? Where the RP supporters stand? Etc. After reading this thread I feel less informed and more confused.

sailingaway
06-02-2012, 01:32 PM
that is not alex. that is the new chair henry herford. ive known him for awhile. guy had a hip replacement surgery not too long ago. they just effed him up good.
there is another video in another thread where people are saying it was the chairman, but it was alex helwig the chairman of the rules committee.
alex was removed because the state central committee appointed a chair of the rules committee, but the rules committee removed him the day before and put alex in his place. at the state convention today, when the chair of the rules committee was called on alex objected to the other guy, claiming rightfully so that we was the duly elected chair of the rules commmittee.
henry herford, our convention chair was assaulted for have a mic.

They seriously dislocated the hip of a guy who just had hip replacement surgery?

Please look at what is on the front page and let me know how to change it to make sure it is accurate.

Britannia
06-02-2012, 01:33 PM
I just posted it on the Ron Paul facebook page. If Dr. Paul or at least someone from the official campaign doesn't at least acknowledge that this has happened, then I'm out.

Edit: Promptly removed. Censorship from the Ron Paul facebook page, eh? Free speech does have it's limitations, apparently.

ninepointfive
06-02-2012, 01:36 PM
does anyone have a link to a livestreamed video of the entire assembly?

RonRules
06-02-2012, 01:38 PM
Get names and badge numbers for all officers present!

torchbearer
06-02-2012, 01:38 PM
They seriously dislocated the hip of a guy who just had hip replacement surgery?

Please look at what is on the front page and let me know how to change it to make sure it is accurate.

i don't believe the surgery was within the past few weeks, but it hasn't been that long. i knew he had a bad hip. i knew what went snap when he hit the floor.

airborne373
06-02-2012, 01:39 PM
I just posted it on the Ron Paul facebook page. If Dr. Paul or at least someone from the official campaign doesn't at least acknowledge that this has happened, then I'm out.

Edit: Promptly removed. Censorship from the Ron Paul facebook page, eh? Free speech does have it's limitations, apparently..

As an grown up adult I do not accept ultimatums, I doubt Ron Paul will accept yours.

Lightweis
06-02-2012, 01:42 PM

Edit: Promptly removed. Censorship from the Ron Paul facebook page, eh? Free speech does have it's limitations, apparently.

We are the campaign

sailingaway
06-02-2012, 01:42 PM

they might be looking into it. Are you sure it was the official page, though, not the fan page?

sailingaway
06-02-2012, 01:44 PM
i don't believe the surgery was within the past few weeks, but it hasn't been that long. i knew he had a bad hip. i knew what went snap when he hit the floor.

wow. But with regard to who it happened to, it was NOT the guy in the video? If you could just summarize it, and what happened in the video, I want to have the front page and this post accurate. And tweets, and to get Ben Swann on it and to correct what I sent to Brad Blog, which was repeating that THIS guy was injured.

Tod
06-02-2012, 01:45 PM
Here's another video

This is YET ANOTHER REASON to use a HIDDEN camera. If they don't even know you have a camera, let alone are recording, you are far more likely to hang onto the evidence.

If the cop was asking for the phone, how did the person get the video on You Tube? It sounded like he was telling trying not to tell the cop he wasn't recording...

This just makes my blood boil.

edit: corrected what it sounded like.

sailingaway
06-02-2012, 01:47 PM
we need a clear statement of what happened FAST to get our side out as fast or faster than they get their spin out.

FSP-Rebel
06-02-2012, 01:56 PM
Lawsuits on the pd
http://i45.tinypic.com/2nv5n9k.jpg
Fieger time!

kathy88
06-02-2012, 01:57 PM
Holy crap. It's prom night for my son and I've been so busy getting around for that I missed ALL of this. Seriously? Assaults? Cops? Guns? I guess the battle lines have been drawn.

Tod
06-02-2012, 02:01 PM

I don't think it was removed. To see posts by others, you need to click on "Highlights" at the top of the center timeline line and select "Posts by Others".

I see the video posted by someone with the initials TW....

Tiso0770
06-02-2012, 02:07 PM
Lol, what next?.....holding a gun to delegate head and forcing them to vote Romney....I think they called the cops because the romney delegate didn't have majority votes and tried to derail it. but that's just me thinking out loud.

mport1
06-02-2012, 02:08 PM
Thugs (police) helping out different thugs (GOP establishment). What a surprise...

mport1
06-02-2012, 02:09 PM
What is the best YouTube and/or article on this story? I'd like to start spreading this around social networks.

Here is my tweet on the incident, please RT - https://twitter.com/VoluntaryMitch/status/209014888226500608

Police Assault Ron Paul Delegate at LAGOP Convention: http://youtu.be/ofnSb9l9rwQ (RP Chair got elected... LAGOP chair contested and called POLICE)

Britannia
06-02-2012, 02:17 PM

As an grown up adult I do not accept ultimatums, I doubt Ron Paul will accept yours.

As a grown up adult, I couldn't care less. I have my own standards and none of them depend on being endorsed by Ron Paul, you, or anyone else.

If the campaign can watch a video of that poor man being dragged away by police, begging for them to stop, and being brought to the ground injured and in agony, and not make a comment about it, then there's something wrong with them.

zHorns
06-02-2012, 02:21 PM
I'm so pissed off right now.

Meatwasp
06-02-2012, 02:21 PM
I am confused. What's with the Star of David?

airborne373
06-02-2012, 02:23 PM
As a grown up adult, I couldn't care less. I have my own standards and none of them depend on being endorsed by Ron Paul, you, or anyone else.

If the campaign can watch a video of that poor man being dragged away by police, begging for them to stop, and being brought to the ground injured and in agony, and not make a comment about it, then there's something wrong with them.

Are you for real? This just happened and the "Campaign" is already supposed to do what? Why are you on RON PAUL forums, to spread dissent? This is the most serious of business, liberty will not come on a bed of feathers.

FSP-Rebel
06-02-2012, 02:26 PM
What's the charlatan's name that sic'd the bulldogs on the older gentleman? Not sure what avenue to take as we are on our own on this as the campaign fiddles, but I feel like grouping up like some locusts and swarming something.

No1butPaul
06-02-2012, 02:30 PM
What's the charlatan's name that sic'd the bulldogs on the older gentleman? Not sure what avenue to take as we are on our own on this as the campaign fiddles, but I feel like grouping up like some locusts and swarming something.

Wasn't the last moneybomb supposed to go toward winning delegates at conventions? This is insane.

TrishW
06-02-2012, 02:31 PM
The video is a clear indication of what we are fighting. American's are subjected to bruise force and intimidation by those who are suppose to be at our service.

Carlybee
06-02-2012, 02:35 PM
Kudos to the RP delegates for keeping as cool as they did.

TrishW
06-02-2012, 02:38 PM

Obama is a good choice for you, if you desire a President who will shoot off his mouth before gathering his thoughts, and the facts. It is easy to blow up.. it is hard to take it back. I do expect there will be a statement, but I doubt if it will be immediate. I also expect that Ron Paul will be upset that anyone was hurt because of his campaign. Some of you see this as a way to push our cause.. Ron Paul will not.

Of course this is all simply my opinion. Time will tell.

I am really upset that the police did not listen to the man. He clearly told them... I am handicapped.

jkr
06-02-2012, 02:39 PM
gOt DisENfranCHisemenT?

zHorns
06-02-2012, 02:39 PM
What do we do now? I'm so tried of hearing this kind of shit. Makes me so angry.

No1butPaul
06-02-2012, 02:48 PM
I also expect that Ron Paul will be upset that anyone was hurt because of his campaign.

I wouldn't be so sure. When one of ours got struck in the back in OK, the campaign didn't seem too upset about that; in fact, "the campaign" admonished us against booing Prince Romney instead, or our lack of decorum or something. The point is, there was never any statement about our supporter getting assaulted. You are 100% right, however, that time will tell. I certainly HOPE they make some kind of statement. I haven't heard from anyone in the campaign about anything lately though.

EDIT: I forgot, there was a fundraising email recently for somebody that endored RP and was getting heat from the GOP.

romancito
06-02-2012, 02:52 PM
I wouldn't be so sure. When one of ours got struck in the back in OK, the campaign didn't seem too upset about that; in fact, "the campaign" admonished us against booing Prince Romney instead, or our lack of decorum or something. The point is, there was never any statement about our supporter getting assaulted. You are 100% right, however, that time will tell. I certainly HOPE they make some kind of statement. I haven't heard from anyone in the campaign about anything lately though.

Predicting those conditions of controversy in the states conventions were the reason in my opinion that Ron Paul and his campaign went into silence, so as to not be blamed for fanning the flames of any situation such as this one in LA. But even though they were cautious to enter into the 'silence chamber' it is not rightful or dignified to do so since it was their campaign to start with, Dr. Paul is the one who chose to run and the campaign are the ones who have brought everyone up this far.

They need to own to this situation and come out with their best pr face and defend their people and make accusations against disgusting disruptive processes, etc. The campaign should have had someone there from their staff. They can't hide - this is their baby. The campaign needs to act to defend their territory and give directions and support to their people.

If they don't it will be a major social studies issue. But I am not going to buy any of their books explaining anything. And no one should buy any of their books if they don't come out now a take this bull by the horns.

No1butPaul
06-02-2012, 02:53 PM
New video (same video posted on RPF) posted on front page of Dead Pelican

airborne373
06-02-2012, 02:57 PM
A question for this forum:

What is the difference between expecting the "campaign" stepping in and saying doing something every-time there is a scuffle or disagreement and the "government" from stepping in every time there is a scuffle or disagreement?

I thought this was about INDIVIDUALISM & LIBERTY not changing the name of the collective that rules us ... am I wrong.

ItsTime
06-02-2012, 02:58 PM
So did we win the state?

talkingpointes
06-02-2012, 03:05 PM

What is the difference between expecting the "campaign" stepping in and saying doing something every-time there is a scuffle or disagreement and the "government" from stepping in every time there is a scuffle or disagreement?

I thought this was about INDIVIDUALISM & LIBERTY not changing the name of the collective that rules us ... am I wrong.

Agreed, we need to own this and be the ones that are solely responsible. Looks like the training wheels are off, and we've hit the pavement. Time to just keep on trucking. Expose these people and inspire more to come. My first response to this video was... http://www.google.com/imgres?hl=en&biw=1280&bih=909&gbv=2&tbm=isch&tbnid=Q60dlGHQH5QhfM:&imgrefurl=http://www.coolestphotos.com/real-or-fanta-sea.html&docid=3Kbo1PHCSuSOVM&imgurl=http://www.coolestphotos.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Is-This-Real-Life-Or-Is-This-Just-Fanta-Sea.jpeg&w=500&h=385&ei=_3_KT7DrF4LY2AW93J3aCw&zoom=1&iact=rc&dur=257&sig=103765669337031941160&page=1&tbnh=138&tbnw=179&start=0&ndsp=32&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:0,i:74&tx=132&ty=34

romancito
06-02-2012, 03:07 PM

I believe that the association that the campaign has with its followers is close to a fiduciary one. Is not fiduciary but close. They ask us to support their goals. They need to be responsible for the process.

flybeech
06-02-2012, 03:08 PM
Our local group has been posting the SPD FB page with the video evidence. The Shreveport PD pirates are deleting and banning posters of the videos of their thugs faster than they can break the artificial hip of an old man. Does anyone care to post the videos on the SPD Facebook page? http://www.facebook.com/shreveportpolice

flybeech
06-02-2012, 03:10 PM
Agreed, we need to own this and be the ones that are solely responsible. Looks like the training wheels are off, and we've hit the pavement. Time to just keep on trucking. Expose these people and inspire more to come. My first response to this video was... http://www.google.com/imgres?hl=en&biw=1280&bih=909&gbv=2&tbm=isch&tbnid=Q60dlGHQH5QhfM:&imgrefurl=http://www.coolestphotos.com/real-or-fanta-sea.html&docid=3Kbo1PHCSuSOVM&imgurl=http://www.coolestphotos.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Is-This-Real-Life-Or-Is-This-Just-Fanta-Sea.jpeg&w=500&h=385&ei=_3_KT7DrF4LY2AW93J3aCw&zoom=1&iact=rc&dur=257&sig=103765669337031941160&page=1&tbnh=138&tbnw=179&start=0&ndsp=32&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:0,i:74&tx=132&ty=34

I second that motion. All in favor?

No1butPaul
06-02-2012, 03:12 PM

What is the difference between expecting the "campaign" stepping in and saying doing something every-time there is a scuffle or disagreement.

I hardly view this as nothing more than a scuffle or disagreement during the campaign. This is a convention to elect delegates to the GOP National Convention where one of our supporters warned the police he was handicapped, and they continued to strong-arm him for absolutely no apparent reason. They refused to take a police report claiming he was under arrest for something. One of the officers can be seen smiling @ 5:05 of the new video and, at the end, they try to unlawfully obtain a drivers license and confiscate the telephone which recorded the "disagreement." It is common sense the campaign would make some kind of statement - especially considering this marks a series of events where we have been cheated and assaulted. Our last moneybomb was supposed to go toward the funding of campaign personel to attend these conventions. IMO, it is completely justifiable people would be angry about this.

torchbearer
06-02-2012, 03:22 PM

Roger Villere is the name of the ego-maniac with the god-emperor complex.

torchbearer
06-02-2012, 03:24 PM
Kudos to the RP delegates for keeping as cool as they did.

it wasn't easy. i was having major trouble controlling myself at points. thankfully- i packed myself in the middle of an aisle.

torchbearer
06-02-2012, 03:26 PM
So did we win the state?

magic eight ball says Yes!
but we won't know until credentials if we make it. (though a romney representative talked with our delegates and promised to aid them)
for right now we have 27 delegates romneybots 16

JWZguy
06-02-2012, 03:32 PM
What happened after people turned their chairs around? Did they try to elect a bullshit slate of delegates to compete with the official slate?

Paulite
06-02-2012, 03:38 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvLBVWHvSq0&feature=g-u-u

ItsTime
06-02-2012, 03:41 PM
magic eight ball says Yes!
but we won't know until credentials if we make it. (though a romney representative talked with our delegates and promised to aid them)
for right now we have 27 delegates romneybots 16

Congratulations good work.

patriot2008
06-02-2012, 03:46 PM
Anyone here do blogs or citizens Media or have connections?

Can we get a story on how the Police policies and actions are are effecting the conventions? This is now I think a few times and Ron Paul's side has been the victim.
I too tried to find out some info on Shreveport PD FaceBook, but it is all being quickly censured or deleted.
These tactics need to be taken into account before everything done now, especially TAMPA!

Shreveport Police Contacts & Phone Numbers http://www.shreveportla.gov/dept/police/polcontacts.htm

torchbearer
06-02-2012, 03:47 PM
What happened after people turned their chairs around? Did they try to elect a bullshit slate of delegates to compete with the official slate?

we turned our chairs around to recognize/face our new chair as the old one would not stop blabbing into his mic.
we turned the back of the convention into a new front and continued.

ItsTime
06-02-2012, 03:47 PM
Anyone here do blogs or citizens Media or have connections?

Can we get a story on how the Police policies and actions are are effecting the conventions? This is now I think a few times and Ron Paul's side has been the victim.
I too tried to find out some info on Shreveport PD FaceBook, but it is all being quickly censured or deleted.
These tactics need to be taken into account before everything done now, especially TAMPA!

Shreveport Police Contacts & Phone Numbers http://www.shreveportla.gov/dept/police/polcontacts.htm

What are the email address to news media there?

KingNothing
06-02-2012, 03:49 PM
I have no clue what is happening in any of these videos.

torchbearer
06-02-2012, 03:51 PM
I am confused. What's with the Star of David?

NAZI party designated that jews wear a star of david patch on their clothes to single them out.
http://theassociation.blogs.com/the_association/images/2008/12/26/007ungarnintellektuellevztgestikuri.jpg

Barrex
06-02-2012, 03:52 PM
"...then they fight you" part really started?

Does he got insurance? What are going to be his medical costs?

Suzu
06-02-2012, 04:01 PM
There is no getting away with a typo on RPF!
Oh yes there is. If I wanted to, I could spend 24/7 pointing them out, and still only get about 3% of them. It's almost like no one here is a native speaker of English. Either that, or they just don't care, or maybe are doing their best to make every possible error for the purpose of making RP supporters look stupid to all the forum guests.

The Gold Standard
06-02-2012, 04:04 PM

He will have to pay them and hope he has money left to post bond because once he gets out of the hospital he will hauled right off to the state cages.

drummergirl
06-02-2012, 04:26 PM
Roger Villere is the name of the ego-maniac with the god-emperor complex.

I hope he is personally sued to the point he has nothing left and is homeless.

romancito
06-02-2012, 04:34 PM
we turned our chairs around to recognize/face our new chair as the old one would not stop blabbing into his mic.
we turned the back of the convention into a new front and continued.

BRILLIANT!

romancito
06-02-2012, 04:38 PM
Oh yes there is. If I wanted to, I could spend 24/7 pointing them out, and still only get about 3% of them. It's almost like no one here is a native speaker of English. Either that, or they just don't care, or maybe are doing their best to make every possible error for the purpose of making RP supporters look stupid to all the forum guests.

Or speaking is an art form and writing to post is another art form and does not need to follow any predicated set of grammatical rules and like you said 'native speaker of English' wouldn't be a requirement, would it?

jay_dub
06-02-2012, 04:51 PM
Those guys that were assaulted by the cops were obviously just a couple of those nutty Ron Paul supporters that had just climbed out of their Mom's basement with a joint in their mouth and went to the convention to start trouble. /sarcasm

Seriously, anyone that sees this ought to be ashamed of the GOP Old Guard. This was the most brutal, but certainly not atypical behavior of those losing their grip on power. We've seen other examples already in other states. It's just shameful.

MelissaWV
06-02-2012, 04:58 PM
Or speaking is an art form and writing to post is another art form and does not need to follow any predicated set of grammatical rules and like you said 'native speaker of English' wouldn't be a requirement, would it?

Utterly off-topic, but if your entire point is to communicate via the written word, then it behooves you to make yourself understood as universally as possible. I might have something very exciting and important to tell you, but if I say "Ron Paul gist pebble toss gator tremble saucy wench!" instead of "Ron Paul appears to have come out of the Lousiana Convention with a net positive!" you might not understand my point. Likewise, I have some issues understanding some of the posts on the forums, and probably always will.

It has been a thorn in my side that, for well over a decade, people have used the internet as an excuse to forget the finer points of communicating to their audience. This doesn't mean every grammar rule and guideline becomes law, but if you are routinely spelling things incorrectly, confusing homonyms with one another, and structuring your sentences in ways that ruin their intended meanings... you are going to be misunderstood.

No1butPaul
06-02-2012, 05:08 PM

I think most Ron Paul supporters are very articulate and I'm often very impressed when I read the "Comments" sections of RP articles. Why so harsh?

romancito
06-02-2012, 05:08 PM
I have some issues understanding some of the posts on the forums, and probably always will.

It has been a thorn in my side that, for well over a decade, people have used the internet as an excuse to forget the finer points of communicating to their audience. This doesn't mean every grammar rule and guideline becomes law, but if you are routinely spelling things incorrectly, confusing homonyms with one another, and structuring your sentences in ways that ruin their intended meanings... you are going to be misunderstood.

Part of the fun is just that, learning and learning from others. That's why I participate, to learn. The English language is changing as fast as the Republican party with Ron Paul. Structuring, homonyms, people write with their best intentions but not to make a grade. Understanding is as much fun and delivering. I said it, pues.

No1butPaul
06-02-2012, 07:51 PM
Shreveport Police Internal Affairs: Office: (318) 673-6924
Not only assault, but unlawful attempt to seize phone/camera as evidence.

No1butPaul
06-02-2012, 07:52 PM
It has been a thorn in my side that, for well over a decade, people have used the internet as an excuse to forget the finer points of communicating to their audience.

What evs

sailingaway
06-02-2012, 08:18 PM
New video (same video posted on RPF) posted on front page of Dead Pelican

Hey! Since drudge has gone bad, maybe we can go to this place instead! I LIKE this site!

torchbearer
06-02-2012, 08:23 PM
Hey! Since drudge has gone bad, maybe we can go to this place instead! I LIKE this site!

Chad is a great guy. i think he is in his late 20's. he is a lover a liberty.
thedeadpelican.com is a great place to get your news, though most of it is louisiana specific. it is our number one online "rag" for the state.
i think the name is well thought out also, being that our state bird is the pelican.

ChristopherShelley
06-02-2012, 08:29 PM

We need more sites, more media IMO. F Drudge, again IMO.

No1butPaul
06-02-2012, 08:38 PM

I sent him the second video earlier in the day and sent an email to thank him.

No1butPaul
06-02-2012, 08:39 PM
Video of Ron Paul folks ousting the rules committee chairman, and security being called.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CUbOBvYOdA

JWZguy
06-02-2012, 08:51 PM
Anyone care to narrate that video? I don't really follow what happened.

sailingaway
06-02-2012, 08:53 PM
Shreveport Police Internal Affairs: Office: (318) 673-6924
Not only assault, but unlawful attempt to seize phone/camera as evidence.

Obviously no one should call who wasn't there.

sailingaway
06-02-2012, 08:54 PM

which video? The story is on the front page here with two videos, and the rules committee meeting where our guy overturned their rules is above.

No1butPaul
06-02-2012, 08:55 PM
Obviously no one should call who wasn't there.

It's on video ... anyone that watched the video could report it. You see the officer trying to seize the guys phone, then demand his drivers license.

sailingaway
06-02-2012, 08:57 PM
It's on video ... anyone that watched the video could report it. You see the officer trying to seize the guys phone, then demand his drivers license.

You can't give direct evidence from watching a video. Honestly, if we have a hundred people call, none of whom have their story straight, we are not going to get the right kind of attention, imho.

No1butPaul
06-02-2012, 08:58 PM

I'm not able, but this is somebody's take on youtube, for what it's worth:

"Just from watching it looks like the chairman of this committee tried to adjourn the meeting. Someone made a motion to remove (and replace) said chairman, which clearly passed by listening to the "Ayes." The original chairman kept trying to run the meeting. Then the new chairman had a vote on a 5-minute recess, which passed at the end of the video."

XTreat
06-02-2012, 11:47 PM
Predicting those conditions of controversy in the states conventions were the reason in my opinion that Ron Paul and his campaign went into silence, so as to not be blamed for fanning the flames of any situation such as this one in LA. But even though they were cautious to enter into the 'silence chamber' it is not rightful or dignified to do so since it was their campaign to start with, Dr. Paul is the one who chose to run and the campaign are the ones who have brought everyone up this far.

They need to own to this situation and come out with their best pr face and defend their people and make accusations against disgusting disruptive processes, etc. The campaign should have had someone there from their staff. They can't hide - this is their baby. The campaign needs to act to defend their territory and give directions and support to their people.

If they don't it will be a major social studies issue. But I am not going to buy any of their books explaining anything. And no one should buy any of their books if they don't come out now a take this bull by the horns.

They released the krakkon. Then they decided to back off. Leaves a sour taste in my mouth to be honest.

patriot2008
06-03-2012, 12:02 AM

Yep! Literally.

This whole incident was SO TERRIBLE! These idiotic police pawns everywhere are always so quick and heavy handed.

Look at how they later stand there like dazed and confused idiots later, when they realize they did.

Can anyone's camera just be confiscated like that because it contains evidence? Especially evidence of police abuse?
We need to know the laws on this and our rights on this.
They would have to beat me to get my vids of them beating others.

TruckinMike
06-03-2012, 09:17 AM
Jesus. If the general public can turn a blind eye to THAT... Time to reconsider the exit strategy...

NO, Its TIME to consider where we are going to find enough trees and rope to hang all the treasonous bastards!!!

"They are in front of us, behind us, and we are flanked on both sides by an enemy that outnumbers us 29:1. They can't get away from us now!" -- Chesty Puller

TMike

BenMuldowney
06-03-2012, 09:56 AM

well if benton or wead watched it i wouldn't hold my breath for either to do anything about it. (other than censor it from reaching ron paul's eyes)

BenMuldowney
06-03-2012, 10:04 AM

LOL @ drudge went bad? you imply he was good at one time. drudge has always been one of them.

Canderson
06-03-2012, 10:08 AM
So when do we find out if charges are being pressed, and against who, by who and for what?