PDA

View Full Version : We ARE bound delegates....to RON PAUL

paulbot24
06-01-2012, 11:44 PM
I know it looks like the campaign has left us to fend for ourselves. I'm not sure where or what their priorities are at this point. Much talk has been given to Dr. Paul speaking at the convention, with a lot of speculation regarding what he wants. Assuming we have the plurality of five states and the ability to make a nomination from the floor, we all have a HUGE decision regarding the first vote. There are three possible scenarios:

1. We abstain on the first vote and risk the primary delegates being replaced by alternates. Calculations need to be made whether that would add or take away from our totals if they start to replace the abstaining delegates. Which alternates, who chooses, etc...

2. We "vote our conscience", and vote for Ron Paul on the first vote and every vote thereafter.

3. We vote as "bound" Romney delegates, Romney gets the nomination, but all is not lost considering all the participation and elected officials we have gained in the process for the Liberty movement.

I believe Ron has been waiting for this moment, in Tampa, for the better part of his life. I also believe he has a plan for us in Tampa. All this talk about bound or unbound delegate status....If we are "bound" delegates, we are "bound" to Ron Paul. The man has been fighting for liberty longer than many of us have been "awake" and even alive. He will not abandon us so we just stand around not sure what to do, neither will he let Jesse Benton or anybody else somehow sabotage this moment, and the Liberty movement, with some strange gossip or confused suggestion. We owe it to Ron Paul to do as he asks and grant him his wish, whatever that may be. We are "bound" delegates and we must act as such.....bound to Ron Paul and the decision he makes in Tampa for us. We must have integrity to the man that has taught many of us what that word actually means. We all have our opinions about what should happen, what is worth it, what is not, what is fair...etc.... It's not about what we individually want or think, and don't bother flaming me over this post, it's certainly not about what I want! It's about what Ron Paul wants. Regardless of what we each think, this is about Ron Paul. The man that has sacrificed the MOST for all of us. He WILL let us know what to do and he WILL NOT let us down. We owe it to the man to honor his wishes and act as the "bound" delegates we are.

hrdman2luv
06-02-2012, 12:04 AM
There won't be an actual "first vote"..... From what I understand, the chairman is given a list and account of all the bound delegates. Of course that's been the way it's gone in the past. Mainly because everyone else has dropped out before the convention.

Now this time may be different, if Ron Paul doesn't drop out. And if our national delegates get to vote, they will all vote for Ron Paul. Even if they are supposed to be bound. Exciting Rule 38 as a reason. This is where the RNC will either try and pull the wool over our eyes by either coming up with a stupid illegitimate excuse as to why rule 38 doesn't apply. Or they will try the voter fraud avenue.

Or by some chance, the RNC might just do things fair and square and allow the RP votes to be counted......But that would only happen if Romney actually got enough votes on the first go-round.

I have a feeling there's going to be some pretty heated debates at the national convention. The police will be more on the inside than the outside of the building. Not to mention, more secret service, FBI and other government agencies.

So far, no one from the RNC has actually stated whether or not Rule 38 is something they will abide by.

romancito
06-02-2012, 12:32 AM
I love your OP. But this really is not about Dr. Paul as much as I admire and respect him. He is responsible for his decision to run for president and for all his previous statements to the facts that our country is in dear straights and our future is in jeopardy. In many countries, specially now in Africa and the Middle East people are dying and many have died for a right to fair and democratic elections. In our system it seems as a Republic and in the Republican party delegates are selected with a purpose and for a purpose, and yes in every system and in every endeavor in life even making supper there is a personal sacrifice one must make for oneself and others. So I trust the delegates to the Convention will do the right thing. If they want a candidate for president that threats on war against any and all those that don't walk in his image then so be it, let them nominate him for the position. The American people will see to it that he is not elected if they wish peace and prosperity over their children or they elect him if they want more power and responsibility to rest on them.

economics102
06-02-2012, 01:17 AM
I respectfully disagree with the OP.

We do not represent Ron Paul. We may be PERCEIVED, even PORTRAYED as representing Ron Paul, but it's not true. Only Ron Paul represents Ron Paul.

Those who we fought to nominate as delegates, will have their own moment in history on the Tampa convention floor. They will each act individually as guided by conscience.

Ron Paul himself will not direct the delegates toward any action. Benton, Wead, or others from the campaign, perhaps will weigh in. But Paul will not.

If the delegates succeed in nominating him, Ron Paul will have to decide whether to accept the nomination.

SilenceDewgooder
06-02-2012, 08:15 AM
So far, no one from the RNC has actually stated whether or not Rule 38 is something they will abide by.

I would not even bother with Rule 38 - Ben Swann had a Reality Check in which a blogger actually had some valid points about how Rule 38 does not apply since in most states, the chair and co-chair are typically unbound which undermines the Unit vote.

Instead, use the legal determination from the RNC counsel from 2008 in which states -
'The RNC does not recognize a state's binding of national delegates, but considers each delegate a free agent who can vote for whoever they choose” and/or
“Intimidation, threats, or coercion No person, whether acting under color of law or otherwise, shall intimidate, threaten, coerce, or attempt to intimidate, threaten, or coerce any other person for the purpose of interfering with the right of such other person to vote or to vote as he may choose, or of causing such other person to vote for, or not to vote for, any candidate for the office of President, Vice President, presidential elector, Member of the Senate, or Member of the House of Representatives, Delegates or Commissioners from the Territories or possessions, at any general, special, or primary election held solely or in part for the purpose of selecting or electing any such candidate.”