PDA

View Full Version : media liaison for "Paul Festival" ... says he's "hoping for half a million" attendees

brandon
06-01-2012, 09:39 AM
LOL... really? Good to know Alex Jones and Adam Kokesh will be there too, I can see this is really a professional event. :rolleyes:

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2012/05/ron-paul-tampa-strategy-party

sailingaway
06-01-2012, 09:41 AM
it was 100,000 yesterday. I wish they wouldn't do that, it makes a really good turn out disappointing instead of cause for celebration.

brandon
06-01-2012, 09:44 AM
Yep. In reality it will likely get way less than the Rally for the Republic...which only had what, like 20,000 people? Not that that's bad...but making ridiculous claims like this just sets them up for failure and to be laughed at.

ShaneEnochs
06-01-2012, 09:44 AM
Oh, is this a real thing? I thought you weren't allowed to go unless you were a delegate.

FSP-Rebel
06-01-2012, 09:47 AM
They're turning Ronstock into laughingstock by their absurd projections. And, I wouldn't even spend the money to go if AJ is on the guest short list. He's a good guy but not for our pr purposes. Plus, he'd likely ruin chances to get other noteworthy people to stop by, like Rand and co.

Dianne
06-01-2012, 09:53 AM
They're turning Ronstock into laughingstock by their absurd projections. And, I wouldn't even spend the money to go if AJ is on the guest short list. He's a good guy but not for our pr purposes. Plus, he'd likely ruin chances to get other noteworthy people to stop by, like Rand and co.

I have to agree with you. Many independents and democrats consider Jones to be a crackpot. Even though many of his
predictions have come true, his involvement can come back to haunt.

sailingaway
06-01-2012, 09:56 AM
Yep. In reality it will likely get way less than the Rally for the Republic...which only had what, like 20,000 people? Not that that's bad...but making ridiculous claims like this just sets them up for failure and to be laughed at.

Rally for the Republic was a Campaign for Liberty event built around Ron, not a supporter event built around speakers only some of Ron's supporters like. I hope they have fun, and a good showing, but I don't think fantasizing about the highest possible number of people to the media really helps.

pacelli
06-01-2012, 10:08 AM
In the article it mentions a Ron Paul supporter named Zak Carter used the 40,000-500,000 attendance estimate.

Zak Carter, a media liaison for Paul Festival who was discharged from the Army after endorsing the congressman while in uniform, says he's "hoping for half a million" attendees, which could be a bit overly optimistic given that his low-end range is 40,000. "We would like to have kind of a Woodstock experience," he says.

If he actually said that, then it really isn't fair to place the blame the author of the article or the media. Its even in quotes.

My concern here is that it is tentatively scheduled for the weekend before the convention. Which means that if it is designed for delegates, those delegates are going to have to be funded for the entire convention as well as the Rally 2.0 event. It is a longer period of time that delegates will need to travel away from their families and jobs. I'm just not sure how delegates will be able to make it.

But it sounds like it will be a hell of a party. Woodstock for Ron Paul.

sailingaway
06-01-2012, 10:27 AM
In the article it mentions a Ron Paul supporter named Zak Carter used the 40,000-500,000 attendance estimate.

If he actually said that, then it really isn't fair to place the blame the author of the article or the media. Its even in quotes.

My concern here is that it is tentatively scheduled for the weekend before the convention. Which means that if it is designed for delegates, those delegates are going to have to be funded for the entire convention as well as the Rally 2.0 event. It is a longer period of time that delegates will need to travel away from their families and jobs. I'm just not sure how delegates will be able to make it.

But it sounds like it will be a hell of a party. Woodstock for Ron Paul.

Zak Carter is a forum member here. I wasn't blaming media for reporting what they were told, I was wishing our guys wouldn't puff stuff up.

And obviously, any stealth delegates might do well to NOT attend.

Tod
06-01-2012, 10:42 AM
Zak Carter is a forum member here. I wasn't blaming media for reporting what they were told, I was wishing our guys wouldn't puff stuff up.

Seriously! It would NOT help matters to have delegates get swept up in a mass arrest....

Bruehound
06-01-2012, 10:52 AM
Is there a website for this thing? Who are the promoters? Everything I have seen so far makes it seem like a Lone Lantern, WeAreChange kind of fringe agenda.

liberalnurse
06-01-2012, 11:57 AM
Seriously! It would NOT help matters to have delegates get swept up in a mass arrest....
I'm not really sure where this idea of protest is coming from. "Mass arrest?" That's not my take at all. I'm going to see this journey I've been on for the past 5 years come to furition. It's a celebration of Ron Paul, the movement and us. A weekend of looking back and moving forward. Good times with good people. Not a protest of the RNC. Violence and protest have never romotely entered my thought processes. It's the weekend before the convention. I'll be leaving on the 27th. The first day of the convention, as I'm sure many others will as well.

freedomordeath
06-01-2012, 12:00 PM
Lets meet thier numbers and throw egg on their face, at the end of day we don't control MSM, so if they say 100000 and there is nothing we can do about it, then only solution is to promote the heck out of this festival. When all voting gets done, then the next phase of thise movement is to promote TAMPA and get the numbers. Screw HR371, PEACEFUL DECENT is constitutional.

LCG8928
06-01-2012, 12:02 PM
Is there a website for this thing? Who are the promoters? Everything I have seen so far makes it seem like a Lone Lantern, WeAreChange kind of fringe agenda.

http://www.paulfestival.org/
ZakCarter here on the forums is one of the festivals official promoters.

freedomordeath
06-01-2012, 12:02 PM
I'll be leaving on the 27th. The first day of the convention, as I'm sure many others will as well.

leave if you want to, but the convention is the real deal, this is whats important, trust me you won't have a country left, you need to be outside the convention to show the world that MSM doesn't speak for America.

presence
06-01-2012, 12:06 PM
http://www.paulfestival.org/
ZakCarter here on the forums is one of the festivals official promoters.

Hell Yeah!

03-31-2012 01:25 PM:

Promote a Stump Event for 25,000++ PEOPLE
I'm thinking a summer "benefit" concert with a speech by Ron in a major Metro area like NYC, SF, or DC; maybe even a Liberty Concert Series in a couple major cities. Minimum 3 weeks of notice. Ticket sales for VIP access to Ron for signatures, Q/A, and photo ops.

Some guest performances by celebrity endorsers like rappers: Prodigy, KRS One, Wale, Speech, & Snoop, comedians Norm MacDonald & Doug Stanhope, musicians Jonathan Davis of Korn, Joe Perry of Aerosmith, John Popper of Blues Traveler, Philip Labonte of All That Remains, Kelly Clarkson, etc.

Maybe some libertarian speeches. Get some of his endorsees that are in Congress, Senate etc (Mike Doherty, Tom Davis, etc.) to stand behind him when he speaks. Have Adam Kokesh and Alex Jones there as masters of ceremony.

Professionally promoted by concert event promoters. Radio ads, full page ads in local papers. Glossy flyers at all the universities and handed out on the streets. Keep it all volunteer, a low budget as possible, free to most. See if we can get Theil to throw down again for the event or promote a $$$ Bomb just for the event.

Keep it on a Saturday or holiday (non work day) so it could be a day long event, maybe even a two day festival type event. Fourth of July 2012? Maybe at a fairgrounds or camp ground.

Shoot for 100,000! Absolute blockbuster event. Something so big, with so many in attendance... so many big names present... the MSM cannot deny its presence!

presence

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?369878-Promote-a-Stump-Event-for-25-000-PEOPLE

Awesome website. Great job team Paul! Manifest!

presence

brandon
06-01-2012, 12:24 PM
I'm sure it will be a blast standing in a parking lot on a 105 degree day in Florida listening to Alex Jones yell at you through a bullhorn. I don't think I can make it though :(

jbauer
06-01-2012, 12:29 PM
So I take in no one here is going? Anyone in for a Ronvoy from Mid TN?

sailingaway
06-01-2012, 12:31 PM

I think some are going. YOu should start a Ronvoy thread.

brandon
06-01-2012, 12:38 PM

There's definitely a lot here going, I'm just poking some fun. I think they are trying to organize the convoys on the festival website.

liberalnurse
06-01-2012, 01:03 PM
leave if you want to, but the convention is the real deal, this is whats important, trust me you won't have a country left, you need to be outside the convention to show the world that MSM doesn't speak for America. This was a spontaneous decision to go. It doesn't have anything to do with what I want but what I can swing due to work and a 3 week vacation already planned for September. I'm perfectly content with my decision to just attend the festival. I'm well aware that the MSM doesn't speak for me and the importance of the convention.

odamn
06-01-2012, 01:17 PM
I'm afraid they're setting Ron up for a HUGE disaster. I don't mean to rain on anyone's parade, but as a retired sound engineer (of over 30 yrs) and having worked on many of the largest music festivals in the US and Europe, i do have an idea of the effort and $ it takes to put on such an event. Even at 20,000 attendance (X 3 days) the logistics would be enormus, even in a temprate climate. That's without the political element and the instigators that will that will be looking to discredit the event. Since the organizers so thoughtfully are using Ron's name in the title, he will suffer for the slightest irregularity. (and i'm afraid there will be many) If you even just consider how many porta johns and drinkable water it takes for that number of ppl , you'll only scratch the surface of what's going to be needed. There will be cases of Heat Stroke and god know what else, so they better be prepared. I wish they would have called it something else besides the Paul Festival ...

musicmax
06-01-2012, 01:25 PM
I'm sure it will be a blast standing in a parking lot on a 105 degree day in Florida listening to Alex Jones yell at you through a bullhorn.

:D

parocks
06-01-2012, 01:28 PM
LOL... really? Good to know Alex Jones and Adam Kokesh will be there too, I can see this is really a professional event. :rolleyes:

Well it's Zak Carter. Bands that no one has ever heard of are "HUGE" "STARS" and "CELEBRITIES". This will likely turn out to be an embarrassment. Hopefully the kind of embarrassment that most people don't know happened.

Smitty
06-01-2012, 01:51 PM

*shrugg*,...it's got to happen sooner or later.

parocks
06-01-2012, 02:17 PM

Zak Carter lies repeatedly. See "rock the revolution tour". I have no idea how he could get this job or position. Whenever I see Zak attached to something, a project or event, my assessment that the entire event is bullshit goes up hundreds of percent.

I'm waiting for chip-ins to get people to the "Paul Festival" because it's important. That's a classic grassroots 2012 move.

brandon
06-01-2012, 02:19 PM
Was Zak the military dude that Ron let speak after one of the primaries?

parocks
06-01-2012, 02:27 PM
Was Zak the military dude that Ron let speak after one of the primaries?

I don't know. Zak does like to speak on the radio. What he says on the radio is often untrue. The threads on "rock the revolution tour" are still around here somewhere.

brandon
06-01-2012, 02:28 PM
Okay I don't really know anything about him or the rock the revolution tour, but I'll take your word for it. Dude must be a little loopy to claim half a million people are going to come to this thing.

parocks
06-01-2012, 02:49 PM
Okay I don't really know anything about him or the rock the revolution tour, but I'll take your word for it. Dude must be a little loopy to claim half a million people are going to come to this thing.

I'm rarely stirred by anything enough to get on the phone and share my insight. Back last August, a nationwide tour headlined by an act which had never played outside of their own city was announced. Contributions were solicited to provide for this band a bus. The story gets much worse from there. And ends up with Zak hitchhiking a long distance, a broken down vehicle, cancelled shows, falsely announced shows, an inability to understand what "confirmed" means, etc.

angelatc
06-01-2012, 02:56 PM
I'm rarely stirred by anything enough to get on the phone and share my insight.

I only wish that apathy would spread to your motivation to post negative stuff on the forums, too.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
06-01-2012, 03:14 PM
it was 100,000 yesterday. I wish they wouldn't do that, it makes a really good turn out disappointing instead of cause for celebration.

Agree. Underpromise. Overdeliver.

I'm not really sure where this idea of protest is coming from. "Mass arrest?" That's not my take at all. I'm going to see this journey I've been on for the past 5 years come to furition. It's a celebration of Ron Paul, the movement and us. A weekend of looking back and moving forward. Good times with good people. Not a protest of the RNC. Violence and protest have never romotely entered my thought processes.

Yep. I'll be taking a kid. I wouldn't let a child anywhere near the RNC.

I'm sure it will be a blast standing in a parking lot on a 105 degree day in Florida listening to Alex Jones yell at you through a bullhorn.

I suspect it will be a great deal better than your average fema camp.

Carlybee
06-01-2012, 03:22 PM
Haha does this guy think its Woodstock? (pssst dont eat the brown acid)

Old people will get that

romancito
06-01-2012, 03:34 PM
Maybe I suppose by throwing big numbers it will force the city of Tampa and the Fairgrounds to open the space for them since it was said that the RNC has a hold on it. It the numbers would be that high or close then where would the city of Tampa place those people without causing a potential for disaster. And then safety remember the as a society we are consumed by a hysterical safety thing that even mosquitoes are terrorist drones.

robertwerden
06-01-2012, 03:39 PM
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7239/7316727080_e320980733_z.jpg

specsaregood
06-01-2012, 04:21 PM

he was also the dude getting paid to promote those super brochures.

brandon
06-01-2012, 05:55 PM
I'm reading the comments in facebook and this is spreading and people believe it. People are quoting the 100,000 number all over the place. This is the kind of stuff that makes us look terrible. I wish so many weren't so gullible.

Indy Vidual
06-01-2012, 06:44 PM
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7239/7316727080_e320980733_z.jpg

I'm reading the comments in facebook and this is spreading and people believe it. People are quoting the 100,000 number all over the place. This is the kind of stuff that makes us look terrible. I wish so many weren't so gullible.

I'll see your 100,000, and raise to 100 Million. :p

Seriously, people who can afford to go will, and some can count on having a great time.

brandon
06-01-2012, 07:02 PM
I remember when we were planning the original money bomb, before Nov 5th was even chosen, some charlatan was on here insisting we could raise $100,000,000 in one day if we got 10,000,000 people to donate. I laughed at him, but ultimately his naive optimism and the others that believed were probably largely responsible for how well that day did turn out. So I'm not writing it off, and it probably will be a great time for the people who are into it.

John of Des Moines
06-01-2012, 07:06 PM

Under-promise and over-deliver. The press should be told there's hope for maybe 10,000 people.

newbitech
06-01-2012, 07:26 PM
That venue won't hold 50k people. If you want to see what 750k people look like in Tampa, do a search for gasparilla 2001 crowds. Gasparilla regularly draws 200-400k people. People literally spilling out of the entire downtown area, and down a long stretch of 6 lane roadway by the bay shore. I am surprised to even hear that number anywhere outside of say new york or dc. 500k in tampa, without pirates and beer and a huge flotilla? Good luck with that.

Get the first 10k first. Then try and double that. Please. eessh...

http://0.tqn.com/d/goflorida/1/0/v/6/gasparillaaerial.jpg

all the way down the road turn the corner out of the image, turn the corner back in to the image and down town. Lined with crowds 30-50 deep shoulder to shoulder. That is what 400k looks like.

parocks
06-01-2012, 08:01 PM
I only wish that apathy would spread to your motivation to post negative stuff on the forums, too.

You like incompetence and repeated lying I take it? You're in favor of embarrassing facepalm fuckups?

XTreat
06-01-2012, 09:24 PM
I'm afraid they're setting Ron up for a HUGE disaster. I don't mean to rain on anyone's parade, but as a retired sound engineer (of over 30 yrs) and having worked on many of the largest music festivals in the US and Europe, i do have an idea of the effort and $ it takes to put on such an event. Even at 20,000 attendance (X 3 days) the logistics would be enormus, even in a temprate climate. That's without the political element and the instigators that will that will be looking to discredit the event. Since the organizers so thoughtfully are using Ron's name in the title, he will suffer for the slightest irregularity. (and i'm afraid there will be many) If you even just consider how many porta johns and drinkable water it takes for that number of ppl , you'll only scratch the surface of what's going to be needed. There will be cases of Heat Stroke and god know what else, so they better be prepared. I wish they would have called it something else besides the Paul Festival ...

Yeah I hear woodstock was a disaster.

XTreat
06-01-2012, 09:29 PM
My opinion is if you can get 15k for rally for the republic in 2008, then it should not be a stretch to get 30-50k in 2012.

I had never even heard of Ron Paul in 2008, like many, many other people.

sailingaway
06-01-2012, 09:41 PM
My opinion is if you can get 15k for rally for the republic in 2008, then it should not be a stretch to get 30-50k in 2012.

I had never even heard of Ron Paul in 2008, like many, many other people.

RON wanted people at the Rally for the Republic.

I can't stress enough the difference that makes.

newbitech
06-01-2012, 09:50 PM
we could really use one of these from Dr. Paul right now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlqXq8YxQFQ

It seemed like he did a lot more talking directly to me back then. "(

parocks
06-01-2012, 09:53 PM
Yeah I hear woodstock was a disaster.

And Altamont.

Ron Paul and some of us seem to want to revisit San Francisco 1964, others seem to be taking their cues from Chicago 1968.

newbitech
06-01-2012, 09:58 PM
we could really use one of these from Dr. Paul right now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlqXq8YxQFQ

It seemed like he did a lot more talking directly to me back then. "(

and I am so sorry, I mean no disrespect, but after watching that video for the first time in a couple years, and looking back, I feel like an ewok..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFZoc9HKQSM

specsaregood
06-01-2012, 10:13 PM
That venue won't hold 50k people. If you want to see what 750k people look like in Tampa, do a search for gasparilla 2001 crowds. Gasparilla regularly draws 200-400k people. People literally spilling out of the entire downtown area, and down a long stretch of 6 lane roadway by the bay shore. I am surprised to even hear that number anywhere outside of say new york or dc. 500k in tampa, without pirates and beer and a huge flotilla? Good luck with that.

Get the first 10k first. Then try and double that. Please. eessh...

http://0.tqn.com/d/goflorida/1/0/v/6/gasparillaaerial.jpg

all the way down the road turn the corner out of the image, turn the corner back in to the image and down town. Lined with crowds 30-50 deep shoulder to shoulder. That is what 400k looks like.

hell, phish "only" got 85k to show up at big cypress for their y2k millenia concert. and that event had a helluva a draw for phish fans and wasnt in freaking august. 10k would be a success for this event.

r3volution
06-05-2012, 03:34 PM

I have to agree with you. Many independents and democrats consider Jones to be a crackpot. Even though many of his
predictions have come true, his involvement can come back to haunt.

I'm sure it will be a blast standing in a parking lot on a 105 degree day in Florida listening to Alex Jones yell at you through a bullhorn. I don't think I can make it though :(

seriously WTF . i already have my condo booked for that week in clearwater and this is what it is going to be ? i dont care if 10 million people show up there will only be about 1000 left after everyone gets sick of hearing alex scream about 911 truther stuff and adam tries his best taunting police to get arrested . we seriously do not need attention whore paYtriots there to make this whole movement look like a joke .

brandon
06-05-2012, 03:41 PM
As far as I know Jones hasn't actually confirmed he'll be there, he has just been invited. Worst case scenario there's some beautiful beaches around there at least.

r3volution
06-05-2012, 03:50 PM
As far as I know Jones hasn't actually confirmed he'll be there, he has just been invited. Worst case scenario there's some beautiful beaches around there at least. i know it would not destroy my vacation but it would be sad that i was there on the day that RP was either nominated or could possibly be the last RP gathering and it was ruined . and you know those 2 are not going to miss a chance to create a spot light for themselves . its what they do for a living .