PDA

View Full Version : Allen West (R-FL) Brags about Torturing Iraqi Policeman

Agorism
05-31-2012, 11:12 PM
Allen West (R-FL) Brags about Torturing Iraqi Policeman

http://crooksandliars.com/blue-texan/allen-west-r-fl-brags-about-torturing-i

What's bizarre about the video above is that West says he'd do the same thing again, even though the guy he tortured was innocent and even though the torture yielded no useful information.

Sola_Fide
05-31-2012, 11:26 PM
Haven't you heard? Brown people in the middle east are enemies of freedom and must be eliminated.

farreri
05-31-2012, 11:30 PM
West is just a religious nutcase like Bachmann.

anaconda
05-31-2012, 11:46 PM
West appears to be a good little neocon yes-man. This was what I inferred when I heard his CPAC speech.

oyarde
05-31-2012, 11:49 PM
Allen West (R-FL) Brags about Torturing Iraqi Policeman

http://crooksandliars.com/blue-texan/allen-west-r-fl-brags-about-torturing-i How can I expect this police was innocent ;)

The Goat
06-01-2012, 12:01 AM
How can I expect this police was innocent ;)

Because in Iraq the police probably aren't the ones disturbing the peace like in the US. I could be wrong though. XD

jj-
06-01-2012, 12:03 AM
West said he also threatened to kill Hamoody. Military prosecutors say West followed up on that threat by taking the suspect outside, put him on the ground near a weapons clearing barrel and fired his 9 mm pistol into the barrel.

So the thread title is a little misleading, in the sense that when I think of torture I imagine something like waterboarding or worse, and this is less horrific than waterboarding.

The Goat
06-01-2012, 12:11 AM
So the thread title is a little misleading, in the sense that when I think of torture I imagine something like waterboarding or worse, and this is less horrific than waterboarding.

did you see the rest?

- West said the policeman, Yahya Jhrodi Hamoody, was not cooperating with interrogators, so he watched four of his soldiers from the 220th Field Artillery Battalion beat the detainee on the head and body.

West said he also threatened to kill Hamoody. Military prosecutors say West followed up on that threat by taking the suspect outside, put him on the ground near a weapons clearing barrel and fired his 9 mm pistol into the barrel.

[...]

But while West's supporters call him a hero, military prosecutors said his actions amounted to torture and violated articles 128 and 134 of the Uniform Code of Military Justice.

jj-
06-01-2012, 12:13 AM
did you see the rest?

Yes.

Pericles
06-01-2012, 08:21 AM
did you see the rest?

And the rest of the rest - there were no further ambushes against American forces in Taji until West was relieved of his command.

Looks like they found the right guy, which is why West has a great reputation among soldiers.

seyferjm
06-01-2012, 08:27 AM
West is one of the absolute worst people elected in 2010. Mr. "Tea Party" is nothing but a big mouth that talks loudly against Obama to keep simple-minded GOPer's thinking "Wow, a black guy on OUR SIDE!" (and based off of neo-con heavy sites, thats what they think) They are too stubborn and simple to realize that it doesn't matter and that West sucks.