PDA

View Full Version : Put your money were your mouth is!

tekkierich
05-18-2007, 12:43 AM
How much have you sent (not pledged, sent) to the Ron Paul campaign?

I have sent a check for $199.99 last week. If I understand the rules, donating a penny more would have required stating my employer, which I did not want to do just yet. They do not seem to have cashed it yet however.

However, I intend on rewarding the campaign with more as Dr. Paul garners more support. I will have to get over my paranoia. I sure do love our campaign finance rules /sarcasm.

Anyway, how much have you given? If you have not given, why not?

DrStrabismus
05-18-2007, 12:46 AM
I gave a hundred a little while back, but I've been considering giving $99.99 more, for those same reasons as you!

Suzu
05-18-2007, 12:48 AM
I'm rather ashamed to say that I simply can't afford to give money to the campaign. I couldn't even afford gas to go to a Meetup tonight because it's 60 miles away. But I've spent every spare minute promoting Ron in every way I can, and will continue doing so, at an accelerating pace. The enthusiasm of this group is a real inspiration!

vertesc
05-18-2007, 12:52 AM
I'm also just too poor to be able to send anything... I spent last week skipping lunch because I couldn't afford it! lol

But I'm doing everything I can in active support... of course posting everywhere, but I've also ordered a set of those ron paul cards to hand out on a street corner next week.

Suzu
05-18-2007, 01:34 AM
I've got a box of cards that I'm placing in various businesses around town after speaking with the owners. My years of training in direct sales is coming in handy :D

billv
05-18-2007, 01:35 AM
I just sent in 50 2 days ago.

AlexAmore
05-18-2007, 02:01 AM
I'm sending as much money as I can later either today when I get my check or tomarrow. I need to save some so I can buy some Ron Paul signs and go out and hit the pavement on Sunday. I'll probably go to Market Square in Portsmouth, NH. It's perfect because of lot's of traffic and lots of pedestrians and it's super popular.

I bought a Ron Paul shirt and Ron Paul bumper sticker. I know a guy selling Ron Paul signs in Barrington, NH (not far from me).

I think I might have to ask Police for permission to hang around Market Square and promote Ron Paul. What do you guys think?

tnvoter
05-18-2007, 02:30 AM
20.00 this week more on the way

dagnytaggart
05-18-2007, 05:43 AM
$200 so far. I plan to send $100/month. That's about $7/day--EASY!!
Come on, folks! Make it burn a little!

Joe Liberty
05-18-2007, 05:55 AM
$210.00 this week. I just made a major purchase so I will not be able to send much more anytime soon, but after Tuesday night's debate I wanted to help him pay the fees to get in the debates. Very ominous how the talking heads all echoed their mantra about the need to "narrow the field."

qednick
05-18-2007, 07:31 AM
I just sent $50 from my PayPal a/c. Will be sending more on pay day :)

I've never made political contributions before. RP must be good heh :cool:

mdh
05-18-2007, 07:59 AM
I'm wary of using things like paypal or going through even slightly unofficial channels to make campaign contributions. Maybe someone could post the *real* *100% official* addresses to send donations to? This information would be good to have around anyways. I've seen no less than a half dozen sites claiming to accept donations for Ron Paul 2008.

I've seen internet scams in the past where a site claims to be a donation point for a campaign or charity, but in fact just... isn't at all.

qednick
05-18-2007, 08:37 AM
The official site is http://www.ronpaul2008.com.

I did see one that was ronpaul08.com - possibly a scam.

Anyhoo... when I said PayPal, I meant my PayPal mastercard. ;)

MsDoodahs
05-18-2007, 09:18 AM
My husband isn't budging off his anarchist stance. His view is basically, "I am done with the system. It is too broken for ANYONE to fix."

In all honesty, that is also how I feel. But, I'm supporting Ron anyway. :D

So last night, I struck a deal with hubby.

$500 tomorrow at a fundraiser, and if Dr. Paul is still in the fight on July 31, another $500 will be added.

:D

tekkierich
05-18-2007, 09:20 AM
I sent mine in via old fashion snail mail by printing out their form and sending a check. When using credit cards and what not there is always interchange fees. I want 100% of my donation going to the campaign, not 2 - 6% going to Visa.

angelatc
05-18-2007, 09:26 AM
I have donated twice and my husband has donated once. We did a CC because I think the cost of processing the checks (assuming that he has a paid staff) is probably more than 6% of the amount we gave.

I have never ever been convinced to donate to any political campaign before, and I probably never will again, so I might as well give him all I have.

CurtisLow
05-18-2007, 09:27 AM
sent $25 and spend about 5 hours a day getting the word out on the net, bumping posts, Answering questions from people on youtube. Posting all over the net.

Yeah I'm a poor guy when it comes to money, but rich in spirit!

MsDoodahs
05-18-2007, 09:34 AM
Spirit and drive for this campaign is worth as much as dollars IMO.

For me, it is about the message of freedom and liberty that Dr. Paul is bringing to so many.

He has carved his place in history for the sacrifice he is making with this run.

I am truly honored to be a participant in this effort.

tekkierich
05-18-2007, 09:59 AM
Agreed, passion and drive are important, and Ron Paul has that in spades.

However, I would love to see the look on all their faces when the next quarters fund raising results come out and we see Ron Paul with 5 mil in the bank.

If we want "them" to take him seriously, then "show 'em the money. Fund raising is almost more important from a straw poll aspect then because of what a campaign can actually do with that money.

On another note.
If I can get the chance to see him in person I will give him the $2 and $5 US Note that I have in my collection. That is the only money that I have that is not Federal Reserve Currency. http://www.friesian.com/notes.htm

ronpaulitician
05-18-2007, 10:01 AM
$50 just now, and spent another $50 on business cards and stamp. Plan to send another $50 every other week.