PDA

View Full Version : Louisiana Republican Convention comes to Shreveport- Includes local news video

sailingaway
05-31-2012, 07:16 PM
http://www.ksla.com/story/18663510/louisiana-republicans-ready-to-tackle-big-issues-in-shreveport

ClydeCoulter
05-31-2012, 11:56 PM
Louisiana delegates for Paul !

paulbot24
05-31-2012, 11:58 PM
Are we allowed a swiffercam? I want to know whether I'll be popping popcorn first thing Saturday morning.

sailingaway
06-01-2012, 08:43 AM
I don't know if there is a livestream for this. There is in MO and WA, but LA is actually where we know we have the numbers since Ron won the caucuses so decisively. On the other hand, it may be a situation where EXISTING rules don't allow cameras, whereas they are only trying to CHANGE it to that in MO and WA.

whippoorwill
06-01-2012, 08:48 AM
Indeed.

Darguth
06-01-2012, 09:48 AM
I'm not going to go into details, because I'm not a part of the delegation and have not been a part of strategy first-hand (nor would I share it if I was), but I'm not happy about what is likely to happen in Louisiana.

We'll see though :/

sailingaway
06-01-2012, 09:54 AM
I'm not going to go into details, because I'm not a part of the delegation and have not been a part of strategy first-hand (nor would I share it if I was), but I'm not happy about what is likely to happen in Louisiana.

sigh....

Darguth
06-01-2012, 09:57 AM
sigh....

Yeah, what I've heard is very disheartening. Especially given the amount of time and effort I invested in GOTV for the caucus. But, like I said, we'll see what happens.

FSP-Rebel
06-01-2012, 09:58 AM
but I'm not happy about what is likely to happen in Louisiana.

:confused:
http://i45.tinypic.com/k6b1z.jpg
WTF is that supposed to mean?:eek:

JWZguy
06-01-2012, 11:35 AM
Live update from FB - not sure he wants me posting his name or pictures, but here's what he said:
"Rules committee - it's getting UGLY!"
"Last minute rule changes by SCC"
"We just took the rules committee. Alex Helwig is the new chair"
"We just took over!"
"RP delegation now meeting to amend"

Looking good so far!!

sailingaway
06-01-2012, 11:41 AM
Live update from FB - not sure he wants me posting his name or pictures, but here's what he said:
"We just took over!"

Looking good so far!!

excellent.

torchbearer
06-01-2012, 11:58 AM
"We just took over!"

Looking good so far!!

the convention is ran by the central committee not the delegates. so the rules the SCC submited was automatically in place prior to the convention.
the rules committee is apparently a useless body in the sense that if it does anything the SCC doesn't like, the scc just ignores it.
thus,
the governing body of the convention, the SCC, will not recognize our chair or our amendments. not even sure why we are having a convention.

thatpeculiarcat
06-01-2012, 12:03 PM
the convention is ran by the central committee not the delegates. so the rules the SCC submited was automatically in place prior to the convention.
the rules committee is apparently a useless body in the sense that if it does anything the SCC doesn't like, the scc just ignores it.
thus,
the governing body of the convention, the SCC, will not recognize our chair or our amendments. not even sure why we are having a convention.

http://cl.jroo.me/z3/U/a/x/d/a.aaa-Well-Fuck.jpg

sailingaway
06-01-2012, 12:17 PM
thus,

we can't replace them?

torchbearer
06-01-2012, 12:24 PM
we can't replace them?

once every four years.
the push for local candidates came late and not organized enough.
SCC members are elected every four years. i believe we elected a couple of our guys to the scc, but not enough the even make a whimper.
tomorrow will get ugly. my rage is about to boil over.

sailingaway
06-01-2012, 12:33 PM
once every four years.
the push for local candidates came late and not organized enough.
SCC members are elected every four years. i believe we elected a couple of our guys to the scc, but not enough the even make a whimper.
tomorrow will get ugly. my rage is about to boil over.

Wow. I hope we have video to contest, and consider going through the motions of replacing chair and continuing the convention so we have an actual slate of our own to present at RNC so winning (if we do) has an ALTERNATIVE slate. I'm not there though, so I can't really speak to it. We'll be discussing this all later though.

MarcusI
06-01-2012, 12:47 PM

Doug Wead told us already.

Darguth
06-01-2012, 12:57 PM
Doug Wead told us already.

That's not exactly what I'm talking about, but it's related.

Lightweis
06-01-2012, 01:00 PM
I am confused. State central is going to railroad another slate through??

sailingaway
06-01-2012, 01:00 PM
I am confused. State central is going to railroad another slate through??

I guess we have to wait and see. Clearly tactics aren't public.

torchbearer
06-01-2012, 07:29 PM
battle plans have been made.
the patriots of louisiana are ready for war tomorrow.

Lightweis
06-01-2012, 07:30 PM

POWER to the people!

sailingaway
06-01-2012, 07:33 PM

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to torchbearer again.

Darguth
06-01-2012, 08:37 PM
Good luck to all of our delegation there! I hope my doom-and-gloom is proved unwarranted :)

ClydeCoulter
06-01-2012, 09:11 PM
May the Great One(s) be with the Ron Paul delegates tomorrow in LA and all the other states where they are busy.

sailingaway
06-01-2012, 09:15 PM

If the rules on binding they changed were made after Oct 2011 that RNC attorney letter in NV might be brought up, if it is advantageous. If all should be by caucus for example, had the rules not been changed after OCt 11 which the RNC said was the last day to change the rules for binding delegates.....

I dont' know the situation there, but I just am bringing that up. The OTHER thing in that letter about 'true and actual supporters' was NOT in any binding at that time as I understand it, in fact the entire primary binding might not have been, I don't know. They are now saying the 'true and actual supporter' bit which was MADE UP by that attorney applies, but seem to be ignoring the attorney's interpretation of the rule on how long binding rules needed to be set in advance.

Is that right? or am I off base.

Do you know the letter I mean?

Darguth
06-02-2012, 08:24 AM
Here are some Facebook updates from some friends of mine at the LA Convention:

LA GOP Convention time. I contacted all local TV stations yesterday because this is one hellava story! If you haven't heard about the contentions in our party in the last two days, read up about it! The establishment got caught with their pants down. Winning!

We extended the olive branch to the LA GOP, but it was ignored. Last night at 11:30 p..m, they sent out new "supplemental rules" that were adopted by the party last night, and which govern the proceedings of today's convention. It is a brazen attempt to seize authority from the legitimately elected delegation and reallocate it to the Establishment.

This is in addition to yesterday's mishap, during which many of our committee members either nearly forcibly removed or were locked out of the building by a belligerent minority.

Regardless of what they try to do, we are the legitimate delegation. This is our convention. Our numbers ensure a constant quorum, and I doubt they will be able to intimidate us when all 111 of us are gathered together today.

Naturally, our first order of business this morning will be to unseat those responsible for this nonsense.

Lightweis
06-02-2012, 08:30 AM
stream?

Darguth
06-02-2012, 08:35 AM
I'm not aware of any stream.

Darguth
06-02-2012, 08:41 AM
Article explaining some of the last-minute rules changes by the LAGOP Establishment: http://www.nola.com/politics/index.ssf/2012/06/republican_state_convention_pr.html

sailingaway
06-02-2012, 08:58 AM
Article explaining some of the last-minute rules changes by the LAGOP Establishment: http://www.nola.com/politics/index.ssf/2012/06/republican_state_convention_pr.html
I posted this comment on that article:

According to RNC rules, no rules pertaining to the binding of delegates can be changed after October 2011. Accordingly all these last minute rules changes are void. While trying to pull a gambit with NO rules basis, that somehow delegates must in their hearts support the candidate they are pledged to, the RNC counsel CONFIRMED this in a letter to Nevada GOP where RNC was scared Paul supporters, who had the majority would change the rules and unbind delegates.

It seems Louisiana GOP would rather the delegation be unseated at RNC for changed rules after Oct 2011 than that it follow the rules and let the natural course of events based on the majority voting at caucuses award Ron Paul the win he has actually achieved in Louisiana.

ronpaulhawaii
06-02-2012, 10:10 AM
just saw this on Facebook

Breaking from Louisiana...Our Chair got elected...the LAGOP Chair contested and called the POLICE. Our Chair was pushed and he dislocated his hip...AMBULANCE is on the way...Pray for our Delegate Chair and all our delegates in Louisiana!! Man,...

wth?

:eek: :mad:

ronpaulhawaii
06-02-2012, 10:12 AM
and then there is this on twitter...

Shawn Wilson ‏@shawnmwilson
@rogervillere was removed as chairman of the #LAGOP today. After that the @ronpaul delegation took over and elected national delegates.

SilenceDewgooder
06-02-2012, 10:15 AM

Breaking from Louisiana...Our Chair got elected...the LAGOP Chair contested and called the POLICE. Our Chair was pushed and he dislocated his hip...AMBULANCE is on the way...Pray for our Delegate Chair and all our delegates in Louisiana!! Man,...

Please tell me that someone got the video of this..

Lightweis
06-02-2012, 10:17 AM
HOLY JESUS!!!!! Assault and Battery

sailingaway
Please tell me that someone got the video of this..

this. I understand there is a national legal team trying to help our delegates. Supposedly they have had calls w at least Doug Wead. If people confirm w/ Wead that is accurate we need to get them involved.

Carlybee
Wow...who pushed him?

paulbot24
06-02-2012, 10:32 AM
Updates?

Lightweis
06-02-2012, 10:33 AM
This is an outrage!

oldpal
06-02-2012, 10:34 AM
please tell there is a stream for this.

Lightweis
06-02-2012, 10:37 AM
Updates PLEASE

LatinsforPaul
06-02-2012, 10:38 AM

wth?

And still another reason to NOT support the Republican Party with their corrupt shennanigans.

And because of this...

I REFUSE TO VOTE FOR MITT ROMNEY FOR PRESIDENT...

if he is the GOP's nominee. The GOP must pay the price for nominating another moderate for President.

sailingaway
06-02-2012, 10:38 AM

wth?

I put that on the front page hoping media there will follow up with it. I had a heck of a time getting it to stick and had to ax your emoticons.... :(

Lightweis
06-02-2012, 10:39 AM
Nobody is going to for vote for Romney.

thesnake742
06-02-2012, 10:42 AM
Holy crap. Someone is legit injured? I hope he is okay. This is a pretty big deal.

paulbot24
Pizza anyone? Apparently the establishment loves pepper spray on theirs.

cajuncocoa
This is why it makes no sense to attempt a hostile takeover of the GOP...IMO.

Lightweis
06-02-2012, 10:43 AM

What do you want to take over then?

Warmon
06-02-2012, 10:45 AM
Sounds like all hell is breaking loose. Evidently the convention split into two parts - the RP majority and the 28% minority crooks. The majority elected a new chairman and the minority called the cops to have him removed. In the scuffle our man was shoved and dislocated his hip - on way to hospital now. What a cluster f@#k!

sailingaway
06-02-2012, 10:45 AM

It is THEIR rules we are following, it is only 'hostile' because they are resisting the rules THEY set up for leadership change, which ABSOLUTELY favor them to begin with.

Lightweis
06-02-2012, 10:47 AM
They are purging us!

paulbot24
06-02-2012, 10:51 AM
They are purging us!

I think it's the other way around. THE REVOLUTION IS WORKING! The doctor is giving the establishment an enema.

Tiso0770
06-02-2012, 10:51 AM
do we have livestream or video?.

tod evans
06-02-2012, 10:53 AM
Who's on the ground there?

Be nice for an unabridged update...

Lightweis
06-02-2012, 11:00 AM
there is three youtube videos up from the dailpaul

RonRules
06-02-2012, 11:07 AM
there is three youtube videos up from the dailpaul

I looked on Daily Paul and YouTube and can't see it. Pls post link. Thanks.

RabbitMan
06-02-2012, 11:08 AM
The youtubes are of the rules committee. Nothing interesting.

cajuncocoa
06-02-2012, 11:08 AM
What do you want to take over then?I don't want to "take over" anything. I want us to win with the majority of votes because people GET IT. If they don't, we haven't really won anything.

We have a lot of educating to do. It won't happen if we make people angry. Just my opinion.

cajuncocoa
06-02-2012, 11:09 AM
It is THEIR rules we are following, it is only 'hostile' because they are resisting the rules THEY set up for leadership change, which ABSOLUTELY favor them to begin with.Not about the rules...it's about having the support of the majority. We don't. Until we do, we aren't really "winning".

Lightweis
06-02-2012, 11:10 AM
I don't want to "take over" anything. I want us to win with the majority of votes because people GET IT. If they don't, we haven't really won anything.

We have a lot of educating to do. It won't happen if we make people angry. Just my opinion.

That will never happen. The sheep are controlled by the msm

Darguth
06-02-2012, 11:12 AM
Apparently our chair, who was taken away to the hospital for his dislocated hip, has also now been arrested. Allegedly for trespassing. This is according to one of our delegates there based on a Facebook update.

RonRules
06-02-2012, 11:13 AM
I'm hoping to see coverage of this event on the Louisiana KSLA (MSM) website.

Instead I get THIS!! :mad:
http://www.ksla.com/
Queen spends day at races as jubilee events begin
It was a royal day at the races, as Queen Elizabeth II watched a horse with the courtly name of Camelot win the Epsom Derby on Saturday - the kickoff to a four-day celebration of the British monarch's 60 years on the...

Darguth
06-02-2012, 11:13 AM
Here's another FB update from one of our delegates:

For those txting me for updates: our rules committee chairman was ejected from the convention, our NEWLY ELECTED Chairman, Henry Hereford was hurt & arrested, our second MAJORITY-elected Chairwoman, Connie Bernard conducted our convention after the majority delegation turned our chairs to face the back of the room for the REAL convention. We have elected all Ron Paul delegates to the RNC, and submitted these names to the GOP. They will decide what to do, because now there are two slates of LA delegates, one elected by 1/3 of the delegation, the other elected by us (2/3 of the delegation).

Carlybee
06-02-2012, 11:14 AM
good grief

RonRules
Apparently our chair, who was taken away to the hospital for his dislocated hip, has also now been arrested. Allegedly for trespassing. This is according to one of our delegates there based on a Facebook update.

PLEASE post the links!!

tuggy24g
Great!! Just what we needed to happen. More Bullshit that the establishment is getting away with!

SilenceDewgooder
06-02-2012, 11:15 AM
It won't happen if we make people angry. Just my opinion.

Decent article dealing with change and anger on a general level:

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/wander-woman/201101/want-change-get-angry

First you need to recognize if you are feeling discomfort, boredom, confusion, fear or worry when you consider making the change. Then you need to shift to a stronger emotion that will allow you to step through the pain and take the steps toward change. In other words, you have to want the change badly enough to overcome the discomfort, boredom, confusion, embarrassment, and worry that pops up to stop you along the way. The intensity of your desire to change, whether based on a positive or negative emotion, correlates to the likelihood you will complete the process.

Lightweis
06-02-2012, 11:15 AM
Hmm I wonder which slate they will chose

paulbot24
06-02-2012, 11:16 AM
I don't want to "take over" anything. I want us to win with the majority of votes because people GET IT. If they don't, we haven't really won anything.

"First you have to get mad." Maybe this is the necessary catalyst they need to wake up. Were you content or angry when you began to question? Contented people have no desire to question that which makes them so content.

Darguth
06-02-2012, 11:16 AM
Also, reportedly our slate only contained 27 Ron Paul supporters, even though we had an opportunity to take as many as 32. The 5 were, reportedly, filled with neocons in an attempt to appease Establishment folks enough so as to not unseat us.

This was what I was talking about early in the first pages of the thread. It seems our delegation may have acquiesced to the tactics of fear and coercion by sacrificing RNC slots we earned to establishment crooks. You can all blame Charlie Davis for that little treasonous tactic.

Carlybee
06-02-2012, 11:17 AM
Do these idiots not even know their own rules and do the cops there just do what they are told? This is unbelievable.

tod evans
06-02-2012, 11:17 AM

"For those txting me for updates: our rules committee chairman was ejected from the convention, our NEWLY ELECTED Chairman, Henry Hereford was hurt & arrested, our second MAJORITY-elected Chairwoman, Connie Bernard conducted our convention after the majority delegation turned our chairs to face the back of the room for the REAL convention. We have elected all Ron Paul delegates to the RNC, and submitted these names to the GOP. They will decide what to do, because now there are two slates of LA delegates, one elected by 1/3 of the delegation, the other elected by us (2/3 of the delegation)."

I would like to see this make "The News" so folks who don't pay attention would understand what's going on..

LatinsforPaul
06-02-2012, 11:22 AM

And the GOP expects us to unite and vote for Romney. :rolleyes:

What a joke.

Any Ron Paul supporter that is even thinking about voting for Romney should take a hard look at how our delegates are being treated by the old GOP establishment. Why would you want to REWARD them with your vote.

Carlybee
06-02-2012, 11:24 AM

What a joke.

Any Ron Paul supporter that is even thinking about voting for Romney should take a hard look at how our delegates are being treated by the old GOP establishment. Why would you want to REWARD them with your vote.

Anyone who votes for Romney is a traitor to the liberty movement IMO

paulbot24
06-02-2012, 11:24 AM

What a joke.

Indeed.

Warmon
06-02-2012, 11:27 AM
I don't want to "take over" anything. I want us to win with the majority of votes because people GET IT. If they don't, we haven't really won anything. We have a lot of educating to do. It won't happen if we make people angry. Just my opinion.

Don't forget that the American Revolution was fought with less than 30% who "got it". 70% either didn't care or thought we should remain loyal to the king. This is all playing out just as RP said "they won't welcome us with open arms".

SilenceDewgooder
06-02-2012, 11:27 AM
Anyone who votes for Romney is a traitor to the liberty movement IMO

Would you say that for Obama too?

Lightweis
06-02-2012, 11:30 AM

NO.

sailingaway
06-02-2012, 11:34 AM
Also, reportedly our slate only contained 27 Ron Paul supporters, even though we had an opportunity to take as many as 32. The 5 were, reportedly, filled with neocons in an attempt to appease Establishment folks enough so as to not unseat us.

This was what I was talking about early in the first pages of the thread. It seems our delegation may have acquiesced to the tactics of fear and coercion by sacrificing RNC slots we earned to establishment crooks. You can all blame Charlie Davis for that little treasonous tactic.

I can see the reasoning behind it. We followed their 'binding of 5 delegates' by the primary, even though I suspect THAT as well was after the Oct 11 date for changing binding rules for delegates. Santorum has suspended his campaign and I think public sentiment will be much more with us on replacing those.

I don't know what they will do at Tampa but they are challenging Maine too, so that goes ANYWHERE we win. Set the best record, get our delegates to Tampa and have the fight there.

With international media present.

LatinsforPaul
06-02-2012, 11:35 AM

No, because with Obama we can try to elect another liberty candidate for President in 4 years instead of 8 with Romney.

Inkblots
06-02-2012, 11:36 AM
This Hereford fellow should sue for assault and battery, if what I'm reading here is correct. Unbelievable.

SilenceDewgooder
06-02-2012, 11:36 AM

NO.

I find that very odd since Obama has not revoked anything that Bush put into motion and Obama has taken unprecedented actions against personal freedoms.

The illusion of choice.

SilenceDewgooder
06-02-2012, 11:39 AM
No, because with Obama we can try to elect another liberty candidate for President in 4 years instead of 8 with Romney.

Think of the pace of our rights eroding, how can you logically conclude that we have 4 years to wait? Drones over America in 2015, next Presidential election, 2016. No such thing as coincidence.

JWZguy
I knew it was a bad idea to try some kind of compromise slate. We tried to give them 5 establishment people and they still spit in our face. It's pointless to try and work with these people, the only thing that works is unseating them.

paulbot24
First things first. Delegates! Delegates! Delegates!

Inkblots
06-02-2012, 11:40 AM
I find that very odd since Obama has not revoked anything that Bush put into motion and Obama has taken unprecedented actions against personal freedoms.

The illusion of choice.

"The National parties and their presidential candidates, with the Eastern Establishment assiduously fostering the process behind the scenes, moved closer together and nearly met in the center with almost identical candidates and platforms, although the process was concealed, as much as possible, by the revival of obsolescent or meaningless war cries and slogans. . .

The two parties should be almost identical so that the American people can "throw the rascals out" at any election without leading to any profound or extensive shifts in policy. The policies that are vital and necessary for America are no longer subjects of significant disagreement, but are disputable only in details of procedure, priority, or method: we must remain strong, continue to function as a great World power in cooperation with other Powers, avoid high-level war, keep the economy moving, help other countries do the same, provide the basic social necessities for all our citizens, open up opportunities for social shifts for those willing to work to achieve them, and defend the basic Western outlook of diversity, pluralism, cooperation, and the rest of it, as already described.

Either party in office becomes in time corrupt, tired, unenterprising and vigorless. Then it should be possible to replace it every four years by the other party which will be none of these things but will still pursue, with new vigor, approximately the same basic policies."

-Prof. Carroll Quigley, Tragedy and Hope.

rich34
06-02-2012, 11:40 AM

The illusion of choice.

I think it's more of a protest vote against Romney/republican party than anything else. However, I will not be voting for either. As you said, they both suck.

Carlybee
06-02-2012, 11:47 AM

I don't see where that applies since Ron Paul delegates are generally in the Republican party and as such being pressured to vote for Romney but it should go without saying that a vote for Obama in the general would be a vote for the dronebomber-in-chief whose policies are diametrically in opposition to the liberty movement.

cajuncocoa
06-02-2012, 11:47 AM
"First you have to get mad." Maybe this is the necessary catalyst they need to wake up. Were you content or angry when you began to question? Contented people have no desire to question that which makes them so content.When I began to question, I knew it was time to leave the GOP...and that's what I did.

cajuncocoa
06-02-2012, 11:48 AM
Leaving this thread before the ban hammer comes down.

sailingaway
06-02-2012, 11:49 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofnSb9l9rwQ&feature=youtu.be

watch this

Carlybee
06-02-2012, 11:50 AM
omg...are they beating him?

Inkblots
06-02-2012, 11:52 AM
watch this

Shameless, aren't they?

... in Soviet Amerika, Chairman selects you!

Lightweis
06-02-2012, 11:53 AM
That is clear assault

RonRules
06-02-2012, 11:54 AM
wOw, just WOW.

Carlybee
06-02-2012, 11:55 AM
I hope some immediate legal action is being taken

JWZguy
06-02-2012, 11:56 AM
Sickening. The state police should be ashamed of themselves. (After they are charged with wrongful arrest, assault and battery.)

Inkblots
06-02-2012, 11:57 AM
I hope some immediate legal action is being taken

Oh, it is. Law enforcement officers are on the scene, rounding up dangerous troublemakers who are trying to disrupt proceedings by subversive acts of "voting".

sailingaway
spread that video. It is the assault with the guy totally peaceable AND you can HEAR the election and physically see that more than half the room turned to face the wall in the true convention with the NEW duly elected chair to elect national delegates. SPREAD this don't let them spin it as OUR guys causing trouble as they did with Oklahoma where only OUR guys were punched and they called it OUR disruption!

Lightweis
Is this crap going to happen in tampa?

Eliyahf
06-02-2012, 11:58 AM

watch this

holy fck!

Inkblots
Is this crap going to happen in tampa?

I almost hope it does, with cameras from all the national networks rolling. Unmask the thugs in suits who currently control the party for all to see.

sailingaway
I'm sending this to Brad Blog which is an independent voter fraud site which is really leftist but covered the St Charles MO gop convention

also DRUDGE it so they know we have it

Inkblots
06-02-2012, 12:00 PM
I'm sending this to Brad Blog which is an independent voter fraud site which is really leftist but covered the St Charles MO gop convention

It's a shame there's not a better video of it - you can clearly hear everything, but the camera is mostly pointed at the floor, so it will get limited TV play, if any at all.

JWZguy
06-02-2012, 12:06 PM
I see a lot of cameraphones in that video. Hopefully better footage will be posted later.

SneakyFrenchSpy
06-02-2012, 12:06 PM
You can clearly see others in the front with camera phones pointed at the scene. I doubt this is the last angle we've seen of this mess...

Carlybee
06-02-2012, 12:07 PM

Ben Swann too

sailingaway
06-02-2012, 12:09 PM
Ben Swann too

this, I just posted it at Brad Blog but it looks like he is on vacation this weekend.

They are going to say they changed the rules. REMIND them they can't, per the RNC atty change binding rules after Oct 2011.

sailingaway
06-02-2012, 12:11 PM
It's a shame there's not a better video of it - you can clearly hear everything, but the camera is mostly pointed at the floor, so it will get limited TV play, if any at all.

i'm sure he thought they would take it if he didn't drop it, at that point, and there are other cameras, and you can hear the guy's yell loud enough, and I understand an ambulance was called for his dislocated hip. It DOES show that a clear majority then appointed a NEW chair and turned their backs to the wall and continued the meeting.

Lightweis
06-02-2012, 12:11 PM
The police are always working with the establishment

TrishW
06-02-2012, 12:14 PM
What charge were they using to call the police?

RonRules
06-02-2012, 12:16 PM
What charge were they using to call the police?

Trespassing is what I read on this thread earlier.

pahs1994
06-02-2012, 12:17 PM
is the Paul campaign/Ron Paul going to make a statement on this kind of BS?

talkingpointes
06-02-2012, 12:18 PM
How fucking much more can you folks take. I'm no rookie, but fuck they are trying to provoke us. They call the cops at almost every convention.

Carlybee
06-02-2012, 12:19 PM
Comment here as well:

http://www.policymic.com/articles/9130/louisiana-gop-convention-results-live-ron-paul-can-win-big

http://www.nola.com/politics/index.ssf/2012/06/republican_state_convention_pr.html

airborne373
06-02-2012, 12:22 PM
I would like to extend a special THANK YOU to the Louisiana police who beat a duly elected official of the GOP. You have done more to advance the cause of liberty than I could in my entire lifetime, you efforts are much appreciated. :)

Jandrsn21
06-02-2012, 12:29 PM
I would like to extend a special THANK YOU to the Louisiana police who beat a duly elected official of the GOP. You have done more to advance the cause of liberty than I could in my entire lifetime. You efforts are much appreciated. :)

Lol No joke right!

TrishW
06-02-2012, 12:30 PM
I say, if they want a fight, give them one. But let's do it peacefully, with control and direction. As you have been, so should you be. Keep your eyes on the goal. Do not allow them to drag you into their assaults. Just keep gathering delegates, and totally expect their anger to increase.

Lightweis
06-02-2012, 12:30 PM
I would like to extend a special THANK YOU to the Louisiana police who beat a duly elected official of the GOP. You have done more to advance the cause of liberty than I could in my entire lifetime, you efforts are much appreciated. :)

WIll see what happens

RonRules
06-02-2012, 12:31 PM
It's on Redit:
http://www.reddit.com/r/politics/search?q=ron+paul&sort=new

RON PAUL Delegate Won Chair in LA; LAGOP Chair CONTESTED and called the POLICE; our chair was PUSHED and dislocated hip-going to ER!

Please up it!

Carlybee
06-02-2012, 12:32 PM
I say, if they want a fight, give them one. But let's do it peacefully, with control and direction. As you have been, so should you be. Keep your eyes on the goal. Do not allow them to drag you into their assaults. Just keep gathering delegates, and totally expect their anger to increase.

No one should expect to be beaten at a convention. If someone was beating the hell out of me I would have a bit of a hard time handling it with control and direction.
Maybe we need designated bodyguards at these things.

Britannia
06-02-2012, 12:33 PM
This turn of events is startling and deeply disturbing. The cheating has been bad enough but this is sickening.

torchbearer
06-02-2012, 12:37 PM

actually charlie davis is a genious. did you know a representative from romney's campaign met with our national delegates afterwards to let them know he will be aiding us in credentials?
if we had all ron paul delegates our slate would look as bad as the minority slate with all party insiders.
we have a really good chance at our slate getting in with the setup that was created.

i understand what you feel. i want them all too. but our options were zero by going all ron paul delegates. 17 national delegates by following villeries plan(which we rejected along with him as chair), or we get 27 which gives us the majority we need. 32 doesn't change our standing as a state at the convention. i think you should lay off charlie.

he offered to help the lp years ago with some voter registration efforts. he is our political viper.

torchbearer
06-02-2012, 12:42 PM

watch this

this was the first arrest. and when the chair was removed and replaced. the convention delegates turned to the other wall to face our new chair.
old chair talking away to back of our heads.
oh, and this isn't the guy that got hurt.

No1butPaul
06-02-2012, 12:48 PM
Louisiana Rupublican Convention Divided -- Will have to be resolved in Tampa????

http://www.ktbs.com/news/Louisiana-Republican-Convention-Divided/-/144844/14438456/-/ry94l2/-/index.html

No1butPaul
06-02-2012, 12:50 PM
youtube:

on twitter report that his hip was dislodged and he was taken to hospital. Please keep this video safe.
LynnDear100 1 minute ago

Whoever took this video please contact me as quickly as possible. We are in need of you help and we can help you!
libertybelle2008 7 minutes ago

sailingaway
06-02-2012, 01:19 PM
this was the first arrest. and when the chair was removed and replaced. the convention delegates turned to the other wall to face our new chair.
old chair talking away to back of our heads.
oh, and this isn't the guy that got hurt.

OK, please explain who got hurt and what happened because I and others are spreading this video and I want to make sure the info going with it is accurate. I was reporting what was said in the initial tweet I got with this video

Lightweis
06-02-2012, 01:25 PM
WIll this happen in Tampa?

torchbearer
06-02-2012, 01:28 PM
OK, please explain who got hurt and what happened because I and others are spreading this video and I want to make sure the info going with it is accurate. I was reporting what was said in the initial tweet I got with this video

ok, in the order it happened.
Alex Helwig, the duly elected chair of the rules committee challenges the authority of the appointed chair of the rules committee.
(the appointed guy was voted out at the rules committee meeting yesterday and was replaced with alex.)
alex is assault because he challenge the (old) chair on this point. stating he was the legit chair of the rules committee. this is where everything really started to get rolling as this is when we vacate the chair of the convention.
alex was arrested for trespassing because he didn't leave when the (old) chair ordered him to.
that is this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofnSb9l9rwQ&feature=player_embedded

puppetmaster
06-02-2012, 01:28 PM
WIll this happen in Tampa?

will Tampa happen in Tampa.......

might as well cancel since the oromney fella has sewn it up /s

torchbearer
06-02-2012, 01:31 PM
the second assault happened about 5-10 minutes later after we elected our new chair, he was giving a mic to speak with so he could be heard. apparently our guys came prepared. ;)
the chair that we removed, but refused to leave the other mic ordered the new chair to cut off his mic. when our chair continued with business, the old chair then ordered his uniformed thugs to remove him.
it was during that assault that mr. henry's hip was injured.
as shown in this video which is mislabeled:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgTpLOUxC6Q&feature=player_embedded

brandon
06-02-2012, 01:49 PM
Holy shit. Wish I was there.

torchbearer
06-02-2012, 01:51 PM
Holy shit. Wish I was there.

RonRules
06-02-2012, 01:51 PM
the second assault happened about 5-10 minutes later after we elected our new chair, he was giving a mic to speak with so he could be heard. apparently our guys came prepared. ;)
the chair that we removed, but refused to leave the other mic ordered the new chair to cut off his mic. when our chair continued with business, the old chair then ordered his uniformed thugs to remove him.

Torchbearer, we all appreciate your extremely important posts, but because a lot of people are reading this and will report this story to the news, please check your grammar. I really have trouble understanding your last two posts. This has to be 100% clear to everyone. Already we got confusion as to who got injured.

No1butPaul
06-02-2012, 01:52 PM
The police refused to take the injured man's report because they said he was under arrest for something ... on what grounds could they have possibly been arresting him for speaking into a mic after he was legitimately elected. Doesn't make any sense.

Vessol
06-02-2012, 01:52 PM
Fucking thugs and bullies.

torchbearer
06-02-2012, 01:53 PM
Torchbearer, we all appreciate your extremely important posts, but because a lot of people are reading this and will report this story to the news, please check your grammar. I really have trouble understanding your last two posts. This has to be 100% clear to everyone. Already we got confusion as to who got injured.

yeah, i got twenty things going on- lots of info:

please refer to these two post for full info on the police assaults:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?378983-Louisiana-Republican-Convention-comes-to-Shreveport-Includes-local-news-video&p=4464487&viewfull=1#post4464487

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?378983-Louisiana-Republican-Convention-comes-to-Shreveport-Includes-local-news-video&p=4464491&viewfull=1#post4464491

torchbearer
06-02-2012, 01:54 PM
bbl

Darguth
06-02-2012, 01:55 PM
actually charlie davis is a genious. did you know a representative from romney's campaign met with our national delegates afterwards to let them know he will be aiding us in credentials?
if we had all ron paul delegates our slate would look as bad as the minority slate with all party insiders.
we have a really good chance at our slate getting in with the setup that was created.

i understand what you feel. i want them all too. but our options were zero by going all ron paul delegates. 17 national delegates by following villeries plan(which we rejected along with him as chair), or we get 27 which gives us the majority we need. 32 doesn't change our standing as a state at the convention. i think you should lay off charlie.

he offered to help the lp years ago with some voter registration efforts. he is our political viper.

I think we'll have to agree to disagree here. Thank you for your updates and posts though.

RonRules
06-02-2012, 01:56 PM
yeah, i got twenty things going on- lots of info:

please refer to these two post for full info on the police assaults:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?378983-Louisiana-Republican-Convention-comes-to-Shreveport-Includes-local-news-video&p=4464487&viewfull=1#post4464487

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?378983-Louisiana-Republican-Convention-comes-to-Shreveport-Includes-local-news-video&p=4464491&viewfull=1#post4464491

I was referring to those two posts as confusing. Please edit when you get a chance.

FSP-Rebel
06-02-2012, 02:02 PM
The police refused to take the injured man's report because they said he was under arrest for something ... on what grounds could they have possibly been arresting him for speaking into a mic after he was legitimately elected. Doesn't make any sense.
The bulldogs likely didn't understand who was rightfully in charge as the proceedings shifted, it's the original chair that was dually ousted whom sic'd the bulldogs on the new chair that we should make infamous. And, the injured party should file a lawsuit for unlawful arrest and police brutality. You only meet force with force and clearly the guy wasn't being forceful yet they did what they did despite people in the crowd telling them to chill as the dude was handicapped.

kathy88
06-02-2012, 02:09 PM
How many times do people have to watch this blatant brutality until they realize they could be next anytime, anywhere?

Feelgood
06-02-2012, 02:10 PM
Any charges being filed against the arresting police officers? I hopw they all lose their badges and do some time in proson, where the inmates will show them the true meaning of police state. :D

Carlybee
06-02-2012, 02:37 PM
Any charges being filed against the arresting police officers? I hopw they all lose their badges and do some time in proson, where the inmates will show them the true meaning of police state. :D

Yeah right...this is Louisiana we are talking about. They might get a slap on the wrist or administrative leave. With pay.

ItsTime
06-02-2012, 02:57 PM
This will not stand! And did we win LA yet?

freedomordeath
06-02-2012, 03:12 PM
With international media present.

srry dude, the MSM is global, here in the UK, South Africa that I know of, Ron Paul has been blacked out, you walk into a German news agent and over 60-70% of magazines etc are western labels with German language in it. These SICK SADISTIC SCUM PIGS ASSHATS ARE GLOBAL. The only way to cut the scum is to start blatantly selling and buying stuff in gold, refuse to pay taxes on gold and set up armish type markets where goods and services can be conducted in gold and silver and we CUT THE SCUM OUT OF THE EQUATION.

These news organizations are probably running on losses funded by corporations needing a propaganda mouth piece getting 0% interest rate loans from the FED. They are NOTHING BUT PARASITES, LIKE THE TICKS THAT LIVE ON DOGS. Ron Paul may or may not have been threatned and I don't think he would for a minute worry about his own life but that of his family, he probably is hoping LIKE HELL THAT NONE OF US GIVE UP because it will be very hard for them to threaten millions of patriots, but the Stalin purge can happen and when it does they will come after you guys FIRST, the intlectualls of America.

I'll keep you all in my prayers.

pcosmar
06-02-2012, 03:26 PM
This will not stand! And did we win LA yet?

According to the Campaign statement,, YES.

torchbearer
06-02-2012, 03:31 PM

what is unclear?

this article has a good summary: http://www.examiner.com/article/ron-paul-campaign-statement-on-louisiana-gop-convention

brandon
06-02-2012, 03:48 PM
That summary ain't too great. It just sounds like a bunch of political BS

parocks
06-02-2012, 03:48 PM

What a joke.

Right. Is this what a Romney Presidency would look like? Do we want this?

parocks
06-02-2012, 03:56 PM
No one should expect to be beaten at a convention. If someone was beating the hell out of me I would have a bit of a hard time handling it with control and direction.
Maybe we need designated bodyguards at these things.

Or be trained. Expect this. Respond.

kathy88
06-02-2012, 06:54 PM

Meh. Pack heat.

AFTFNJ
06-02-2012, 06:54 PM

We cannot fight back physically @ these conventions since lamestream will spin it & re-run that on idiot boxes over n over again. Our best bet is to have dedicated camera guys recording the convention from all angles. If possible streaming it to the net where its being recorded in high def. Later on we can sue the daylights out of them & throw that money back into the liberty movement. After the person hurt has been paid!

AFTFNJ
06-02-2012, 07:38 PM
Spin is in

http://www.ksla.com/story/18685120/ron-paul-supporters-take-over-louisiana-republican-convention

sailingaway
06-02-2012, 07:49 PM
Spin is in

http://www.ksla.com/story/18685120/ron-paul-supporters-take-over-louisiana-republican-convention

they give both sides.

presence
06-02-2012, 07:58 PM
We cannot fight back physically @ these conventions since lamestream will spin it & re-run that on idiot boxes over n over again. Our best bet is to have dedicated camera guys recording the convention from all angles.

We are talking about unlawful physical assault tangibly effecting the course of a national presidential election, to a patriot, this is quantifiable lesser treason. A citizen's arrest of the officers in question is an arguably justifiable action. Assault resulting in bodily injury is a felony.

http://www.kirkpiccione.com/faqs/#citizens-arrest

Louisiana Criminal Code provides that a private person may make an arrest when the person to be arrested has committed a felony, whether in or out of his presence, under circumstances similar to those which would allow a police officer to make an arrest. There are no restrictions on this, and it is specifically provided for by law. When a citizen's arrest is made, it is the duty of the citizen to turn over the arrested person to the sheriff's department as quickly as possible.

The only thing cameras are going to do is result in a settlement and a conspiracy theory.

presence

Natural Citizen
06-02-2012, 08:07 PM
It will get worse before it gets better, folks. It's always been that way. You know, it's when it actually gets worse that we're able to see that maybe it just might be starting to get better. Baby steps...

Zach Vega
06-03-2012, 05:34 AM
This is just... -___- Wow.

Demigod
06-03-2012, 06:03 AM
Meh. Pack heat.

If a Ron Paul supporter takes out a gun he might as well start a jihad and do a suicide bombing because that is the way the media will report it.Already articles with headlines like "Ron Paul supporters are arrested in Louisiana" are getting out.

CPUd
06-03-2012, 06:12 AM
If a Ron Paul supporter takes out a gun he might as well start a jihad and do a suicide bombing because that is they way the media will report it.Already articles with headlines like "Ron Paul supporters are arrested in Louisiana" are getting out.

It was almost like that a few years ago when they were trying to get the health care bill passed. Members of Congress going back to their districts and having town halls where they were getting shouted at. Then one day someone had a gun. Although he had a carry permit, it was all over the news.

Tinnuhana
06-03-2012, 06:43 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9efgLHgsBmM

--citizen's arrest, Mayberry style

awake
06-03-2012, 09:12 AM
Remember, those who like big government, like the ease and expediency that violence provides. This video should sum up what political power actually is at its bare nakedness. We hate it, and we should, but this is why violence is so intoxicating - you can simply force all others to obey or be hurt.

PolicyReader
06-05-2012, 10:23 AM
Didn't see this posted (may have missed it there are quite a few pages here ;) )

There is a huge network here... putting out the word that I want to hear from Henry Herford from Louisiana and have him share his story of being attacked by Shreveport police at the state convention. Henry, email me please at bswann@fox19.com so we can set up an interview with you for this week.

cajuncocoa
06-05-2012, 07:12 PM
Great letter to the editor, Baton Rouge Advocate:

Letters: People weary of politics as usual June 5, 2012 June 05, 2012

3 Comments (http://theadvocate.com/news/opinion/3011837-123/letters-people-weary-of-politics#comments)

Political party conventions, caucuses and similar gatherings of the supposedly like-minded are ostensibly undertaken for a reason.

If that were not the case, why should we expend our resources (both financial as well as time) on such endeavors?

If there is a vote to obtain (caucus), or business to conduct along with further selecting of delegates (convention), then the process should proceed according to rules and protocols that are fair to all participants and clear well in advance.

This past weekend at the state Republican convention in Shreveport, the powers-that-be in the Louisiana GOP failed dismally on all counts.

Clearly disdaining the results of the caucus, it was apparently determined within the upper echelons of the state party apparatus that said results could not be allowed to stand.

Toward that end, rules were changed at the last minute involving quorum requirement, convention chairman (now not to be elected by delegates, but merely assumed by the state party chairman), and committee chairmen (not to be elected by the elected delegates, but instead hand-picked by the state chairman/executive committee).

The duly elected caucus delegates, elected by rank-and-file party members in our state, are bypassed in favor of the despotism of the oligarchy which is the executive committee and party chairman.

Nothing else is to matter. This in essence is an invalidation of the entire process and makes a mockery of all who diligently participated.

This dog and pony show, strictly for public consumption and not really meant to affect anything if it is at odds with the party elitists’ predetermined outcome, should outrage every Republican in our state, as the stench from this whole sordid affair wafts across the nation.

People of all political parties have a visceral reaction to what is fair play, or to what is obviously not.

Republicans rightly decry the current administration in Washington, not only for the results of its policies, but also for its disdain for constitutional limits and restraints on their progressivism, as well as the “we know best” attitude and accompanying condescension.

Then the hierarchy within the Republican Party does likewise to its own constituents.

Citizens are weary of politics-as-usual, and more so of such elitist attitudes in an all-out, no-hold-barred defense of the status quo (statist-quo?).
America is in trouble, and more Americans are coming to realize this, based on the enormous growth in the liberty movement.

Real change is needed, and those who realize this will continue in earnest; we will persist, we will not be silenced, we will not equivocate, and we will be heard.

Mike Thibodeaux
physician
Baton Rouge

http://theadvocate.com/news/opinion/3011837-123/letters-people-weary-of-politics