PDA

View Full Version : I guess Ron Paul won 18 delegates in Texas

sailingaway
05-31-2012, 09:04 AM
According to this, Romney got 105 TX delegates, Ron got 18, Santorum 16, and Bachmann and Huntsman each got 1 delegate. In delegate numbers, that isn't shabby, however much I wish he would have done better.

http://www.wbir.com/national/article/221451/193/Michele-Bachmann-wins-first-GOP-delegate-

(Ignore the AP count saying Romney has 'clinched it', whatever the probability he will, we know he hasn't, mathematically, because the state conventions are still coming up that the AP relies on the delegates from for that count.)

SilenceDewgooder
05-31-2012, 09:10 AM
Nice Headline to the Article:

"Michele Bachmann wins first GOP delegate"

jmdrake
05-31-2012, 09:19 AM
Nice Headline to the Article:

"Michele Bachmann wins first GOP delegate"

*sigh* Even when Ron Paul is the only other candidate running the media finds a way to highlight someone else.

They did at least get this part right.

Ron Paul (18 Texas delegates), Rick Santorum (16) and Jon Huntsman (1) also picked up delegates from the Lone Star state, even though they had either scaled back campaigning or suspended their White House bids.

And of course Ron Paul is the only one who "scaled back" instead of "suspended" so that was technically right but an underhanded slap at the same time.

alucard13mmfmj
05-31-2012, 09:49 AM
so how many shadow delegates can we get under Romney and Santorum?

i am also sadden how huntsman and bachmann each got 1 delegate for doing nothing since january.

devil21
05-31-2012, 11:01 AM
170,000 votes for RP should mean great convention turnout in Texas. Ron's 18 is only the starting point.

jmdrake
05-31-2012, 11:04 AM
So far there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of material difference between the two. I wish Ron would give us some kind of video update or something. I've heard enough from Jesse for a while.

18 delegates (so far) as compared to 1 delegate for Bachman?

170,000 votes for RP should mean great convention turnout in Texas. Ron's 18 is only the starting point.

^this

wetroof
05-31-2012, 11:35 AM
I wouldn't trust the news source. If Michelle Bachmann votes for herself then that's two delegates. I bet they didn't mention that.

sailingaway
05-31-2012, 11:38 AM
I wouldn't trust the news source. If Michelle Bachmann votes for herself then that's two delegates. I bet they didn't mention that.

she can't vote for herself since she won't have support of a plurality in five states to put her name into nomination. But yeah, I mentioned that in another thread.

Bronies-4-Paul
05-31-2012, 12:05 PM
I thought we had to get 20% minimum to get delegates in Texas.

sailingaway
05-31-2012, 12:26 PM

no. They changed it because of the redistricting delays, I think.

SilenceDewgooder
05-31-2012, 12:31 PM

Just bc the media says this is how many, doesn't make it true.. Look at the rest of the states that have selected their delegates.

MarcusI
05-31-2012, 02:21 PM
According to this, Romney got 105 TX delegates, Ron got 18, Santorum 16, and Bachmann and Huntsman each got 1 delegate. In delegate numbers, that isn't shabby, however much I wish he would have done better.

http://www.wbir.com/national/article/221451/193/Michele-Bachmann-wins-first-GOP-delegate-

(Ignore the AP count saying Romney has 'clinched it', whatever the probability he will, we know he hasn't, mathematically, because the state conventions are still coming up that the AP relies on the delegates from for that count.)

I had posted the "bound" delegate count already in election night in the results thread, but yes, thats good.

But I have absolutely no idea where they get their exact numbers from, they are wrong.

AP, CNN and Green Papers have the same opinion about the first four:

Romney 105
Paul 18
Santorum 12 (not 16!)
Gingrich 7

They differ only on the remaining 10 delegates a little bit.

sailingaway
05-31-2012, 02:29 PM
I had posted the "bound" delegate count already in election night in the results thread, but yes, thats good.

But I have absolutely no idea where they get their exact numbers from, they are wrong.

AP, CNN and Green Papers have the same opinion about the first four:

Romney 105
Paul 18
Santorum 12 (not 16!)
Gingrich 7

They differ only on the remaining 10 delegates a little bit.

thanks. Greenpapers is much more credible than USA Today which is where this station got the numbers. And I did wonder how Grinch could possibly have gotten NONE if Bachmann even got one.