PDA

View Full Version : Will the next Ron Paul come from this forum?

ShaneEnochs
05-31-2012, 07:52 AM
As the campaign season is winding down, regardless of who wins, eventually Ron Paul will be done with politics.

Here's my question: Will we see another Ron Paul? Will we have someone who has impeccable honor, who cannot be bullied or convinced to vote in any way against his conscious? Will he or she be so totally liberty oriented that even when the entire country is begging to be ruled, he or she will vote for freedom instead? Will that person be a member of this forum? Will that person be you?

Just something to think about.

ShaneEnochs
05-31-2012, 08:51 AM
bump

realtonygoodwin
05-31-2012, 08:52 AM
Doubtful. Somebody like that is more likely to be out there actually doing something.

ZENemy
05-31-2012, 08:56 AM
The "next" Ron Paul need not be an individual but a group of millions!

Kluge
05-31-2012, 08:58 AM
This forum? Very unlikely.

The only person I could see as having the intellect, personality and being "together" enough is Cowlesy. But he probably wouldn't be a Ron Paul "type," perhaps more of a decent version of Chris Christie, without all the lard and New Jersey bullshit.

Mini-Me is also certainly smart enough, but I don't know enough about him to guess as to whether or not it'd be anything he'd consider.

specsaregood
05-31-2012, 09:02 AM
//

Sola_Fide
05-31-2012, 09:08 AM

The only person I could see as having the intellect, personality and being "together" enough is Cowlesy. But he probably wouldn't be a Ron Paul "type," perhaps more of a decent version of Chris Christie, without all the lard and New Jersey bullshit.

Mini-Me is also certainly smart enough, but I don't know enough about him to guess as to whether or not it'd be anything he'd consider.

I would back either of those guys if they ever wanted to run for anything. Maybe JMDrake should run for something. Maybe AF too. I wonder what it would be like of AF was your congressman???

LibertyEagle
05-31-2012, 09:12 AM
I would back either of those guys if they ever wanted to run for anything. Maybe JMDrake should run for something. Maybe AF too. I wonder what it would be like of AF was your congressman???

Pretty damned good. For one thing, it would be a new feeling to be proud of your congressman.

Kluge
05-31-2012, 09:14 AM
Massie is a member of this forum as are other current candidates for office. I dont think predicting their actions in a pessimistic way is the right way to go; but you are welcome to your opinion.

Forgot about Massie.

I am a pessimist, so that's often my MO. I'm sure there's others that I didn't immediately think of who'd be decent candidates too.

LibertyEagle
05-31-2012, 09:15 AM
Forgot about Massie.

I am a pessimist, so that's often my MO. I'm sure there's others that I didn't immediately think of who'd be decent candidates too.

You just quoted one. That's my opinion, anyway. :)

Kluge
05-31-2012, 09:15 AM

JMDrake would probably be great in the South. AF would only make it in very specific districts, which is certainly not a slam on him.

Kluge
05-31-2012, 09:17 AM
You just quoted one. That's my opinion, anyway. :)

Bah. Specs wouldn't run for office as far as I can tell. AF probably wouldn't either.

But you never know.

lib3rtarian
05-31-2012, 09:19 AM
Glen Bradley!

Maybe aclove should also run for something in NC.

LibertyEagle
05-31-2012, 09:22 AM
Bah. Specs wouldn't run for office as far as I can tell. AF probably wouldn't either.

But you never know.

The question wasn't whether they would do it. :p

pcosmar
05-31-2012, 09:22 AM
Trouble is,, some who might be willing are likely unelectable.
At least in the current environment.

Kluge
05-31-2012, 09:25 AM
The question wasn't whether they would do it. :p

Nitpicker!

Some guy practically forced RP to run for president in 2007, let's get him and have him pick on a few good members here who are in good districts.

specsaregood
05-31-2012, 09:25 AM
But you never know.

Oh, I'd give it a go. As soon as I'm not the sole/primary breadwinner of the household and there is an opening in my district. Although, I'd probably have a much better chance if I legally changed my name to my wifes last name.... I might be a lock if I did that.

AF, well I don't think they allow flamethrowers in political buildings so he would probably decline.

Kluge
05-31-2012, 09:27 AM
Oh, I'd give it a go. As soon as I'm not the sole/primary breadwinner of the household and there is an opening in my district. Although, I'd probably have a much better chance if I legally changed my name to my wifes last name.... I might be a lock if I did that.

AF, well I don't think they allow flamethrowers in political buildings so he would probably decline.

Well get on it then. I'd throw ya a coupla bucks as long as you weren't in some totally retarded district. Is your last name Lipshitz or something?

specsaregood
05-31-2012, 09:29 AM
//

brandon
05-31-2012, 09:31 AM
Doubtful. Somebody like that is more likely to be out there actually doing something.

I agree. Positions aside, I think it's a fair generalization to say most people that frequent internet forums are not social butterflies in real life. If you're not a good schmoozer you're probably not cut out to be a politician.

Kluge
05-31-2012, 09:38 AM
The wife has 1 more semester before she starts bringing home the bacon. :) No on the last name; its just that my wifes family is pretty well known and respected. Of course, my last name would go over much better 1 district over but then I'd have to be a democrat to have a chance.

Gotcha. I think this is a pretty interesting prospect. Never pegged you as having interest in this sort of thing.

specsaregood
05-31-2012, 09:48 AM
Gotcha. I think this is a pretty interesting prospect. Never pegged you as having interest in this sort of thing.

Oh, I'm always interested in grift and kickbacks. I kid...no, seriously.

tfurrh
05-31-2012, 09:58 AM
I just changed my name to Ron Paul, and yes, I will be running for president as soon as I earn my Phd.

ps. I'm from TX too. :)

Todd
05-31-2012, 10:12 AM
I'll run...but I'll need a money bomb first. lol..

georgiaboy
05-31-2012, 10:26 AM
Marianne Stebbins!

Minnesota is leading the way, and she's leading Minnesota.

Along with her running mate, Rand somebody.

HigherVision
05-31-2012, 10:37 AM
Ron Paul comes from a generation where things were a lot more stable socially than they are now so I don't think his exact character could be duplicated by anyone of a young age coming up in today's climate. But on the other hand I think that young people coming up now are forced to be more hardened as a lot of us come from probably harsher, more dysfunctional family lives than Ron Paul did thanks to the government and the left's social engineering. So I think that liberty advocates 40 and under can be more aggressive and I think this is an asset. Our illusions were smashed a long time ago.

georgiaboy
05-31-2012, 10:39 AM
btw, my sentimental favorite to run would be HOLLYWOOD!

Aratus
05-31-2012, 10:54 AM
a future president could be posting away as we speak in total 20something sophistication.
in 40 or 50 years we regulars could be part of someone's fond memories. we don't know if...

Austrian Econ Disciple
05-31-2012, 10:59 AM
I'd be willing to bet a fair amount that more folks on this forum are the Academic type, and not the Politiker type. I like Gunny, so I'd point to him. My question is: How many on this forum will become Professors of Philosophy, Economics, Ethics, History, etc. I'd peg that the latter as a higher percentage.

(Let me show my biases; my belief is that pedagogy is far more important than politicking, and the more we inform, educate, and teach logic, rigor, and reason the easier it will be for the politicking type. -- Do like the French! Swarm the intelligentsia centers with liberalism!)

oyarde
05-31-2012, 11:16 AM
Half the people on the board may have past things that would be dredged up .....

brandon
05-31-2012, 11:26 AM
Half the people on the board may have past things that would be dredged up .....

My past would be a gold mine for any political foe. But it seems most politicians are given a pass for youthful indiscretions so maybe I'd be okay.

Meatwasp
05-31-2012, 11:28 AM
Cowlesy is my personal choice.
He said once he rather be the guy to throw the tomatoes.

ShaneEnochs
05-31-2012, 11:31 AM

They can't even find Obama's past.

http://k19.kn3.net/taringa/2/3/3/3/6/6/9/mobo64/4B1.jpg

specsaregood
05-31-2012, 11:38 AM
They can't even find Obama's past.

Well it certainly didn't hurt him that his first job out of college was for a known CIA front company. I'd assume clearing your past would be a normal perk for the job.

realtonygoodwin
05-31-2012, 01:31 PM
I plan to run for office after my military commitment is over.

VoluntaryAmerican
05-31-2012, 02:00 PM
As the campaign season is winding down, regardless of who wins, eventually Ron Paul will be done with politics.

Here's my question: Will we see another Ron Paul? Will we have someone who has impeccable honor, who cannot be bullied or convinced to vote in any way against his conscious? Will he or she be so totally liberty oriented that even when the entire country is begging to be ruled, he or she will vote for freedom instead? Will that person be a member of this forum? Will that person be you?

Just something to think about.

Yes, I plan to live my life both professional and personal holding true to my libertarian beliefs. However, no I don't plan on ever running for office, and don't see myself ever doing that. But all the same, I think it's important that we should be in all aspects of society creating brush fires of Liberty. Ron Paul is a great hero to model yourself after - however I do not feel that this forum member must be a politcian to remain important or create change.

I would like to think that there are some forum members who hold or will hold powerful positions in our society, positions of influence that do not use the coercive force of government.

I believe that this is equally as important. After all, Dr. Ron Paul was once only a small town doctor.

jj-
05-31-2012, 02:19 PM

There are 20000+ people on this forum. There are many of the silent types that just get some inspiration. And I bet some of the loudmouths are quite skilled as well.

Kluge
05-31-2012, 02:30 PM
There are 20000+ people on this forum. There are many of the silent types that just get some inspiration. And I bet some of the loudmouths are quite skilled as well.

I have since changed my mind.

ronpaulfollower999
05-31-2012, 02:35 PM

I'd request my account be deleted if I were to run. I'm sure CNN could find some stupid rant I made. :p But I'm not old enough to run, nor am I really the social type.

specsaregood
05-31-2012, 02:38 PM
I have since changed my mind.

Alert! Flip flopper! ^ Not liberty candidate material!

Kluge
05-31-2012, 06:32 PM
Alert! Flip flopper! ^ Not liberty candidate material!

Damn straight. I don't want ya'll lookin' at my skeletons.

Son of Detroit
05-31-2012, 06:38 PM
Give me 15-20 years and I'll let you know.

;)

pcosmar
05-31-2012, 06:38 PM
Damn straight. I don't want ya'll lookin' at my skeletons.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnhJ3IkLQ7s

tttppp
05-31-2012, 06:46 PM
The majority of the members of this site are far more intelligent than Obama or Romney, so I see no reason why a member of this site couldn't become the next Ron Paul or better. It wouldn't surprise me at all if a member from this site ran for president. And it wouldn't surprise me at all if they were a good president. The hard part though is finding a way to get elected. Its not easy getting enough support of real people while having support of the elite too. It would take someone very smart to figure that out.

John F Kennedy III
05-31-2012, 06:47 PM

If AF got elected I'd hitchhike to New Hampshire if I had to.

Drex
05-31-2012, 06:54 PM
I am only 17... gimme 20-30 years... & we'll talk ;)

heavenlyboy34
05-31-2012, 06:56 PM
Damn straight. I don't want ya'll lookin' at my skeletons.I'm peekin' anywayz. ;)

jj-
05-31-2012, 06:59 PM
Another thing that might come is some great idea to help advance the libertarian cause without running for office, since many are leery of getting involved in that business.

Nirvikalpa
05-31-2012, 07:01 PM
There are a few who come to mind who are related to past politicians in their home-state, are directly involved with the campaign and the GOP, and that have the intellect and the will to be something.

PreDeadMan
05-31-2012, 07:04 PM
We'll never see another Ron Paul in our lifetime.... I hope he stays alive for as long as possible and at least does tv interviews and things like that a speaker at various rallies and whatknot. Maybe he would come out of the closet and admit he is the -(A)- word :x

Kluge
05-31-2012, 07:05 PM
I'm peekin' anywayz. ;)

Pfffft.

Danke
05-31-2012, 07:19 PM
We may have to wait a while:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?303036-Far-too-often-Paul-supporters-get-angry-and-banned&p=3395191&viewfull=1#post3395191

Kluge
05-31-2012, 07:23 PM
We may have to wait a while:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?303036-Far-too-often-Paul-supporters-get-angry-and-banned&p=3395191&viewfull=1#post3395191

She's coming right along, shouldn't be too much longer....

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/380659_3796256745788_1258302982_33657048_203091251 4_n.jpg

heavenlyboy34
05-31-2012, 07:25 PM
Pfffft.
Yeah, well-what're ya gonna do about it? ;) Nothin! :D

Kluge
05-31-2012, 07:28 PM
Yeah, well-what're ya gonna do about it? ;) Nothin! :D

Not invite you to the shindig so ya don't know where I live. HA!

tttppp
06-01-2012, 12:29 AM
We'll never see another Ron Paul in our lifetime.... I hope he stays alive for as long as possible and at least does tv interviews and things like that a speaker at various rallies and whatknot. Maybe he would come out of the closet and admit he is the -(A)- word :x

I disagree, unless our lifetime is shorter than I think. There are plenty of people who have a good enough understanding of Ron Paul's policies to get involved in government. It would take one of our better leaders to be president, but even thats doable. I can definitely see other people taking Ron Paul's place in congress. Being a congressman isn't that difficult. There's no responsibility. Even a casual Ron Paul supporter can be an effective congressman.

GunnyFreedom
06-01-2012, 12:42 AM
lol well I guess this explains why I was outspent 12 to 1 by someone pretending to be me... :p

Thanks lib3rtarian!

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
06-01-2012, 12:50 AM
I think there are quite a few here who could pick up the banner and run with it. Certainly some extremely bright and motivated folks who could stand a chance.

Aratus
06-01-2012, 10:36 AM
lol well I guess this explains why I was outspent 12 to 1 by someone pretending to be me... :p

Thanks lib3rtarian!

gunny! you are uniquely you! i'm surprised at the reaction of the voters...

Evangelical_Protestant
06-01-2012, 11:11 AM
Does anybody exist on this forum? Or does my subconscious create all of your posts on its own while I am not viewing it? If consciousness is infinite, then wouldn't my subjective consciousness be the center of the universe from my perspective, and yours be the center from your perspective? Causing there to be two alternate planes of conscious reality? Does your post exist exist if I don't look at it?

Who told me trees were green? And why do I have an inability to make them purple at will? It's my consciousness!

I'm upset because I have a hard time looking away from the 'physical ' world, causing me to be subservient to someone else's reality. Most likely because I idolized somebody's trickery and lusted after it before my fall. How do I not look to the world if I'm in it? Did the devil trick me into becoming a goldfish in his bowl? I wanna serve the Lord and have the truth set me free. Satan has confused my conscious. I repent.

P. S. It is possible that another Ron Paul type candidate will emerge from this forum.

pcosmar
06-01-2012, 11:33 AM
Does anybody exist on this forum?

I am a finely crafted internet persona. :rolleyes:

As soon as being an unemployed Ex-Felon is a prerequisite for service I will gladly step up.
;)

notsure
06-01-2012, 12:28 PM
Notsure 2020!!

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
06-01-2012, 12:28 PM
Notsure 2020!!

I endorse this message.

KMX
06-01-2012, 12:29 PM
If everyone gets involved and is motivated to defend our constitution then there will be many more "Ron Pauls"

(Lucky 777 post ;0) )