PDA

View Full Version : I need help to identify potential sites for banner ads for teaparty07.com

Sematary
11-16-2007, 08:49 AM
There is, as many know, an ad running on offtopic.com right now
I am in touch with thehousingbubbleblog.com to get a banner on there and have contacted gambling911.com as well as dollarcollapse.com about banner/text advertising on those sites. I need to identify more sites that might be friendly to Ron Paul and could use an ad to get people to sign up for the teaparty.

Suggestions?

Libertarian
11-16-2007, 08:53 AM
Get some ads on Google! :)

Seriously, those sites you listed sound like places where people are already informed on economics/politics...they will probably already be supporting Paul.

It couldn't hurt to do a little advertising there to keep awareness up, but I think we need to branch out to completely and attract non-political folks...Advertise at music forums, gaming forums, etc. Focus on Paul's pro-privacy record...his stance against censorship and government control of the internet. This will attract their attention...and once they visit his site, they'll find they also agree with him on foreign policy and other issues.

Sematary
11-16-2007, 09:15 AM
Get some ads on Google! :)

Seriously, those sites you listed sound like places where people are already informed on economics/politics...they will probably already be supporting Paul.

It couldn't hurt to do a little advertising there to keep awareness up, but I think we need to branch out to completely and attract non-political folks...Advertise at music forums, gaming forums, etc. Focus on Paul's pro-privacy record...his stance against censorship and government control of the internet. This will attract their attention...and once they visit his site, they'll find they also agree with him on foreign policy and other issues.

What is it about this that people are having difficulty understanding? We are not attempting to get Ron Paul supporters. We are attempting to reach out to current supporters to get them to donate.
Ads on google will be expensive and will be corrupted by supporters of other candidates trying to use up our money.
Banner ads are one price no matter how many thousands of clicks they get.

ross11988
11-16-2007, 09:20 AM
prisonplanet or infowars . Im sure alex would give u a good discount.

Ninja Homer
11-16-2007, 09:21 AM
Alternative health sites.

Dr. Mercola has a few articles about Dr. Paul, and has said that Ron Paul is one of his heroes. He would probably put something on his site for free. http://mercola.com is one of the most visited health sites on the internet. His newsletter has over 1.2 million subscribers. If just 5% of the people who get the newsletter donated $100 each, that would be $6 million. The FDA, with the help of Big Pharma, is going after alternative health, so Dr. Mercola's livelihood may depend on Ron Paul being elected. I think he'd be interested in pushing the Tea Party in his newsletter.

http://curezone.com is another huge alternative health site. I just went there, and it said 18013 visitors online now. Here's their info page on advertising:
http://dir.curezone.com/sponsorship.asp

Most people who are into alternative health feel pretty strongly about protecting their freedom to choose their own health practices. Many of them are baby boomers who want to live long, and look good doing it... and they have money.

You'd probably want to customize the banners to "protect your health freedom" or something similar.

Sematary
11-16-2007, 09:25 AM
Alternative health sites.

Dr. Mercola has a few articles about Dr. Paul, and has said that Ron Paul is one of his heroes. He would probably put something on his site for free. http://mercola.com is one of the most visited health sites on the internet. His newsletter has over 1.2 million subscribers. If just 5% of the people who get the newsletter donated $100 each, that would be $6 million. The FDA, with the help of Big Pharma, is going after alternative health, so Dr. Mercola's livelihood may depend on Ron Paul being elected. I think he'd be interested in pushing the Tea Party in his newsletter.

http://curezone.com is another huge alternative health site. I just went there, and it said 18013 visitors online now. Here's their info page on advertising:
http://dir.curezone.com/sponsorship.asp

Most people who are into alternative health feel pretty strongly about protecting their freedom to choose their own health practices. Many of them are baby boomers who want to live long, and look good doing it... and they have money.

You'd probably want to customize the banners to "protect your health freedom" or something similar.

Any idea on how to contact Dr. Mercola himself? The contact form is fine for day to day business but for this, I'd want to email/speak to him personally

KewlRonduderules
11-16-2007, 09:30 AM
go to all the bodybuilding sites like www.bodybuilding.com, www.discountanabolics.com, www.bulknutrition.com, and www.nutraplanet.com.

I am sure you will find a lot of supporters in there. See if they will advertise.

MsDoodahs
11-16-2007, 09:31 AM
Contact tinyurl.com about it, the owner is a supporter.

Sematary
11-16-2007, 09:32 AM
go to all the bodybuilding sites like www.bodybuilding.com, www.discountanabolics.com, www.bulknutrition.com, and www.nutraplanet.com.

I am sure you will find a lot of supporters in there.

I'm sure. I could really use some help contacting all these sites though. I'm only one person. Would you be willing to go to those sites and make initial contact?

KewlRonduderules
11-16-2007, 09:36 AM
I'm sure. I could really use some help contacting all these sites though. I'm only one person. Would you be willing to go to those sites and make initial contact?

it will have to wait till tomorrow afternoon because I am at work and it will take some time to write out a letter explaining our purpose.

MsDoodahs
11-16-2007, 09:36 AM
Sites for women that support bioidentical hormones would be a great place, too, Semetary.

Sematary
11-16-2007, 09:39 AM
Contact tinyurl.com about it, the owner is a supporter.

done

Sematary
11-16-2007, 09:39 AM
Sites for women that support bioidentical hormones would be a great place, too, Semetary.

Would you be interested in contacting some?

Ninja Homer
11-16-2007, 09:40 AM
Any idea on how to contact Dr. Mercola himself? The contact form is fine for day to day business but for this, I'd want to email/speak to him personally

The number for phone orders is 877-985-2685, but I don't know if that will get you anywhere.

The contact form is a ticket system, and I think he will get the message. He says he reads 5000 blogs a week, so he does spend a lot of time online.

Here's the whoIs for mercola.com:
Registrant:
Mercola
Mercola Mercola
1443 W Schaumburg Rd
Schaumburg, il 60194
US
Email: techstars@gmail.com

Registrar Name....: REGISTER.COM, INC.
Registrar Whois...: whois.register.com
Registrar Homepage: www.register.com

Domain Name: mercola.com

Created on..............: Tue, Dec 30, 1997
Expires on..............: Sun, Dec 29, 2013
Record last updated on..: Tue, Nov 06, 2007

Administrative Contact:
Mercola.com
Mercola Mercola
1443 W Schaumburg Rd
Schaumburg, il 60194
US
Phone: +1.8479851777
Email: techstars@gmail.com

Technical Contact:
Register.Com
Domain Registrar
575 8th Avenue 11th Floor
New York, NY 10018
US
Phone: 1-902-7492701
Email: domain-registrar@register.com

Falseflagop
11-16-2007, 09:43 AM
I would ask Mike Rivero at

www.whatreallyhappened.com

This is the best site on the web and he is a Big ROn Paul guy.

I also ask Justin Raminodo at

www.antiwar.com

He is another big ROn Paul guy

Does not hurt to ask! I think they would be honored!

Also John Stadtmiller at

republicbroadcasting.org they are big ROn Paul people!

Sematary
11-16-2007, 09:48 AM
I contacted mercola.com

Sematary
11-16-2007, 09:49 AM
I would ask Mike Rivero at

www.whatreallyhappened.com

This is the best site on the web and he is a Big ROn Paul guy.

I also ask Justin Raminodo at

www.antiwar.com

He is another big ROn Paul guy

Does not hurt to ask! I think they would be honored!

Also John Stadtmiller at

republicbroadcasting.org they are big ROn Paul people!

I contacted antiwar.com yesterday. No response so far.
I'll contact whatreallyhappened and republicbroadcasting

Drknows
11-16-2007, 09:49 AM
Fark.com is like 40 bucks for a weekly text link

Libertarian
11-16-2007, 09:56 AM
http://www.gold-eagle.com

LOTS of goldbugs there ;) Millions of hits every month too.

troyd1
11-16-2007, 09:59 AM
I have contacted Mercola before. He is a big supporter of Dr. Paul.

Sematary
11-16-2007, 10:01 AM
I have contacted Mercola before. He is a big supporter of Dr. Paul.

Do you have a way to get through to him directly?

Sematary
11-16-2007, 10:06 AM
Fark.com is like 40 bucks for a weekly text link

That seems to be a foreign site - probably won't help much.

Sematary
11-16-2007, 10:08 AM
Republic broadcasting has a banner up. I asked them if they could ask for donation pledges through their email list if they have one. :)

Sematary
11-16-2007, 10:10 AM
Ok folks, I've been working my fingers to the bone the last two days contacting admins of various sites. Now it's your turn. I need donations to pay for the advertising. I'm almost set with thehousingbubbleblog.com and am awaiting responses from many others. Please help by getting me some cash for the advertising. my paypal is interleave1@earthlink.net

Bob

Sematary
11-16-2007, 10:16 AM
Bob,
No problem, we here at RBN try to keep ahead. I have already done the mailing list as well. And yes, RBN has a commercial that is going on air next week for the event. Anything else my friend?

-MIchael Powers :) -

:)

Sematary
11-16-2007, 10:51 AM
bump

Elijah
11-16-2007, 11:35 AM
DIGG.com!! DIGG.com!! DIGG.COM!!

Everyone on there LOVES RON PAUL!! That is how I learned about him!

Also check out this thread, the site owner says in this thread " I love Ron Paul! He's my favorite Republican of all time! "
http://www.veganbodybuilding.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=8287&highlight=ron+paul

I don't know if they do banner ads but you should contact him!!

DealzOnWheelz
11-16-2007, 11:42 AM
if it hasn't been mentioned you should try Fantasy sports sites

such as

www.cbssportsline.com
www.yahoo.com (you have to click on the sports section & then click the fantasy section)

askjeeves; google; msn;

noztnac
11-16-2007, 11:44 AM
This may sound off the wall but I think an ad on chessbase.com would do well.

Elijah
11-16-2007, 03:05 PM
Also this site has a ron paul banner already on the right side.

http://www.opednews.com/articles/opedne_mike_mej_071115_ron_paul_3a_the_pragma.htm