PDA

View Full Version : DP: Why I Am Endorsing Mitt Romney For President (And Not Ron Paul) [Satire]

J_White
05-31-2012, 02:19 AM
Nice Satirical piece on DP.

http://www.dailypaul.com/236937/why-i-am-endorsing-mitt-romney-for-president-and-not-ron-paul

1. Consistency - Mitt Romney has been unwavering in his public devotion to the principles and issues that would help to advance the political career of Mitt Romney.

2. Flexibility - Unlike Ron Paul who has been ridiculously rigid in his defense of the U.S. constitution, personal liberty, a balanced budget and the sanctity of life (so much so that he earned the nickname “Dr. No” in congress); Romney has shown that he is capable of rolling with the punches, going with the tide, changing with the times, and bending with the breeze.

3. Supporters - The top six donors to Romney’s campaign are banks (including Goldman Sachs, J.P. Morgan, Bank of America, etc.). Who knows what is best for the average American? Why, multi-billionaire bankers, of course. Obviously Romney’s supporters have the kind of deep pockets that can not only pay for his campaign, but also buy the kind of congress that will make SURE that America will have another TARP bailout if we need it.

On the other hand, 97% of Ron Paul’s donations come from individuals. His top three donor groups are the active military in the US Army, US Navy and US Air Force. Many of his donors live paycheck to paycheck, are small business owners, or are even unemployed. No wonder a lot of them are running out of money. Ron Paul has only himself to blame. After twelve terms in congress, lobbyists from the big corporations don’t even bother to come to his office. They know it would be a waste of time.

Parts of it are so subtle that uninformed people might actually fall for it. LOL

Sola_Fide
05-31-2012, 03:46 AM
Pretty clever. I laughed.

Xhin
05-31-2012, 04:33 AM
Good stuff!

RDM
05-31-2012, 06:12 AM
Very good. Seen one misspelled word (sceptic) should be skeptic. Wish people would use spell checker, like the 99% of the people that can't spell the word LOSE.

paulbot24
05-31-2012, 07:40 AM
I think your comment about people actually falling for it is the most entertaining, but then again, I have a strange sense of humor.

No Free Beer
05-31-2012, 08:26 AM
not to be THAT guy, but there were errors in the writing. A period should always be within the commas. It will make this much better.

John F Kennedy III
05-31-2012, 08:33 AM
Pretty good.

One of us needs to win the lottery...

No Free Beer
05-31-2012, 08:39 AM
Pretty good.

One of us needs to win the lottery...

Or work from the inside at Goldman Sachs.

thatpeculiarcat
05-31-2012, 08:44 AM
The saddest part is that this is how today's average Republican actually thinks.

alucard13mmfmj
05-31-2012, 09:51 AM
romney is the guy who is gonna beat obama... ... ... *sigh*

J_White
05-31-2012, 10:28 PM
oh, yeah, all the media and GOP pundits say so, so it must be true !! /Satire off

romney is the guy who is gonna beat obama... ... ... *sigh*

kathy88
06-01-2012, 04:38 AM
I liked this on Facebook and 30 seconds later I got a message: "I don't understand... I thought you were a Ron Paul supporter? Why would you like this?"

*sigh*

jabowery
06-01-2012, 08:34 PM
Its now a video on youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPiwY6qRKWM.

Cshelton21
06-01-2012, 09:55 PM
romney is the guy who is gonna be obama... ... ... *sigh*

fixed