PDA

View Full Version : www.TeaParty07.com needs a live pledge counter

v0id
11-16-2007, 08:44 AM
Today, when visiting the site, I realized a lot of people probably come back to the site and see that the amount of pledges have not gone up. Even though the time is stated on the page, I can only imagine this is disheartening for many people.

I believe that the live counter at www.RonPaul2008.com has more than proven itself to be very valuable. I don't see how having a live counter at the Tea Party site would not only add to the excitement.

Is there a good reason this hasn't happened yet?

hopeforamerica
11-16-2007, 08:56 AM
Most likely waiting for the emails to be verified. That way we have an accurate account and avoid spammers. Much better to be accurate, don't you think?

TechnoGuyRob
11-16-2007, 08:58 AM
Trevor updates them manually. I just wrote a script which updates live.

I need him to get it on the site, though.

Trevor, respond to me. :confused:

VRP08
11-16-2007, 08:58 AM
Today, when visiting the site, I realized a lot of people probably come back to the site and see that the amount of pledges have not gone up. Even though the time is stated on the page, I can only imagine this is disheartening for many people.

I believe that the live counter at www.RonPaul2008.com (http://www.RonPaul2008.com) has more than proven itself to be very valuable. I don't see how having a live counter at the Tea Party site would not only add to the excitement.

Is there a good reason this hasn't happened yet?

I agree, I have been looking for one too

jake
11-16-2007, 09:13 AM
don't think it could hurt.

TechnoGuyRob
11-16-2007, 09:40 AM
Bump.

SwordOfShannarah
11-16-2007, 11:00 AM
Please explain to me how this is technically possible. I've been through this with Dan at RonPaulGraphs and I'd say he knows his stuff and we couldn't find a way.. but maybe there is something he and I aren't seeing.

I know that feedburner has a live count widget on their site, but did you know that it is usually at about half the number of subscribers? Feedburner's live counter doesn't count your subscribers by the number signed up, it counts them by the average number of people who have actually accessed the feed in the past few days.

In order to see the true number of subscriber I have to log in and navigate to a page a few clicks deep. If you have found a way to grab this true number of total emails then I'm all for it.

jake
11-16-2007, 11:04 AM
good point Trevor. if it isn't going to be accurate, there isn't much point.. anyone know how the number could be exported from the feedburner administrative backend? (not including manually, of course)

Sematary
11-16-2007, 11:05 AM
Bump.

The links to ron pauls official website and the tea party are barely discernible on that website in your sig.
Is that yours? Can you fix that?

v0id
11-16-2007, 11:19 AM
good point Trevor. if it isn't going to be accurate, there isn't much point.. anyone know how the number could be exported from the feedburner administrative backend? (not including manually, of course)

Excuse my ignorance, as I admit I have not yet pledged myself. Do you have to click an e-mail conformation link after signing up? (Note: I am definitely donating. It is just a while away still and I am still making plans for the event.)

Whichever process is being used, these pledges must all be ending up in some central location where they can be counted automatically.

If there is an e-mail verification process, you could set it up to only count verified replies to e-mails.

This should actually not be *too* difficult at all. I'm sure finding a programmer (or whatever is required) wouldn't be too difficult.

If they are being stored in an e-mail account, setting up a telnet-like program to count the verified accounts is relatively simple.