PDA

View Full Version : is there something I'm not getting?

JosephTheLibertarian
11-16-2007, 08:33 AM
Is there a difference between believing in free markets and maximum personal liberties and being a libertarian? I just ask because I am kind of tired of these annoying replies "they wasn't very libertarian of you to say :rolleyes: " ha. So, just because I think people should be able to smoke weed and I believe in free markets, it means I have to be a pussy for all my life? I have to be some sort of non-religious buddhist monk now? Am I missing something here? Liberals believe in maximum personal freedoms, why don't you say "that's not very neolib of you to be an asshole" why is it only because I combine social liberalism with economic conservatism that I am expected to only say nice things and never hope someone gets hurt (oh my gosh, hurt? nooo) wtf is up with that? lol. is it misconceptions of libertarianism, or what? I just don't understand this line of thought.

Let me get this straight, okay? I think that free market economics does not lead to corporatism, I believe it leads to prosperity; I also happen to believe that people should be able to smoke marijuana and walk around naked outside if they want to, so does this combination mean I HAVE to be a pansy? I guess that's what I'm asking here. I have to be a pacifist just because I believe in these two things?