05-30-2012, 04:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6vMAgsU0kU

SilenceDewgooder
05-30-2012, 05:05 PM
Although a little clumsy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhbRcDZiJJc&feature=player_embedded

ZENemy
05-30-2012, 05:13 PM
Wow! Its...about....time, best thing Ive seen in a week. At least I know SOME of them MAY be human.

RonRules
05-30-2012, 05:29 PM
They invented the term Viral Video just for this.

phx420
05-30-2012, 05:32 PM
do these guys need a thank a politician day?

Anti Federalist
05-30-2012, 05:34 PM
And as is usually the case, when one person finally has had enough and raises hell, like every one of us should be, our fellow citizens stare vapidly until cops come and drag us off.

Demigod
05-30-2012, 05:36 PM
And as is usually the case, when one person finally has had enough and raises hell, like every one of us should be, our fellow citizens stare vapidly until cops come and drag us off.

xaxa

+rep

mosquitobite
05-30-2012, 06:02 PM
More information on this video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIec4NVPOUk

A state representative blew his top Tuesday on the floor of the Illinois State House of Representatives, flinging a copy of a new pension reform proposal into the air and telling his stoic colleagues that they "should be ashamed" of themselves.

"I'm sick of it!" state Rep. Mike Bost yelled, saying the bill was too long for lawmakers to read before voting on it. "These damn bills that come out here all the damn time, come out here at the last second. I've got to try to figure out how to vote for my people. ... You should be ashamed of yourselves!"

The proposal, Senate Bill 1673, had been approved by a state pension committee just hours before heading to the House floor for debate.

"I feel like somebody trying to be released from Egypt! Let my people go!" Bost said, as his fellow lawmakers shifted uncomfortably around him. "My God, they sent me here to vote for them!"

He ended his tirade by pushing the microphone away and falling into his seat.

Said "CBS This Morning" host Erica Hill on Wednesday, "Those are the kinds of things we see from Parliament overseas somewhere, not necessarily in the Illinois state Legislature."

mosquitobite
05-30-2012, 06:06 PM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/post/mike-bost-explosion-one-of-the-best-political-rants-youll-ever-see/2012/05/30/gJQAnzZc2U_blog.html

paulbot24
05-30-2012, 06:07 PM
BRAVO!!!!

GunnyFreedom
05-30-2012, 06:10 PM
Ha! and these criminals say I'M too abrasive...

Mind you, I say the same things, I just...say them calmly...

Anti Federalist
05-30-2012, 06:15 PM
That was not "stoicism" or "uncomfortable shifting" displayed by the fellow house members.

That was bovine like apathy; placid, vapid, disinterest.

I've seen that look before, most recently when reminding my fellow citizens, placidly standing in line waiting for their TSA interrogation, that they had a constitutional right to not answer any questions posed to them by federal officers.

Dull, glazed, apathy, tinged with a slight edge of fear, is what came back.

Which explains why I was only one of 48 people, out of of 132,000, that refused TSA "chat downs" in Boston.

If you are waiting for your freedom to be restored due to some sort of "mass awakening" by people like this, you have a better chance of seeing God first.

Anti Federalist
05-30-2012, 06:16 PM
Ha! and these criminals say I'M too abrasive...

Mind you, I say the same things, I just...say them calmly...

"If I was half the man I used to be, I'd take a FLAMETHROWER to this fucking place!!!"

heavenlyboy34
05-30-2012, 06:20 PM
That was not "stoicism" or "uncomfortable shifting" displayed by the fellow house members.

I've seen that look before, most recently when reminding my fellow citizens, placidly standing in line waiting for their TSA interrogation, that they had a constitutional right to not answer any questions posed to them by federal officers.

Which explains why I was only one of 48 people, out of of 132,000, that refused TSA "chat downs" in Boston.

If you are waiting for your freedom to be restored due to some sort of "mass awakening" by people like this, you have a better chance of seeing God first.
qft and +rep. Never count on Boobus Americanus to do the right or rational thing.

Todd
05-30-2012, 06:25 PM

and put you in a white room with fluffy walls.

Demigod
05-30-2012, 06:29 PM
Is it just me or that old guy below him was moving his lips according to his speech but 1 second in advance.

Anti Federalist
05-30-2012, 06:30 PM
and put you in a white room with fluffy walls.

If you're lucky.

If not you'll get tased, beat, and thrown in a jail cell to lay in a puddle of vomit and piss.

ZENemy
05-30-2012, 06:37 PM

Basically 48 people would have been shot in the head, 132,000 in chains and leg irons...but with Ipads and Carles JR!

ZENemy
05-30-2012, 06:40 PM
There is a congressmen sitting in front of him, he is clapping while he says he is "here for my people, to argue for them"....is he clapping in support? I wish he would STAND up with the congressmen that is yelling! Nice to see that SOME of our congressmen are not completely in denial.

wrestlingwes_8
05-30-2012, 06:46 PM
Ah man that was amazing. Sure wish someone would do this in the U.S. House of Reps :D

+rep Brilliantly put, you couldn't be more right

Danan
05-30-2012, 06:55 PM
Ah man that was amazing. Sure wish someone would do this in the U.S. House of Reps :D

Would be a nice way for Ron to leave the stage. :)

But that wouldn't fit him.

Danke
05-30-2012, 08:43 PM
All the other reps around him seemed brain dead in their big comfy chairs.

nobody's_hero
05-30-2012, 08:49 PM
do a search for "illinois rep explodes" on youtube and the first page of results is almost full. Whatever it is, it's gonna go viral.

I'd like to recruit this guy maybe even just for a day to go up to D.C. and re-enact that whole rant.

nobody's_hero
05-30-2012, 08:50 PM
And of course, there will be remixes, edits, and internet memes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_E1bfzte62o&feature=related

Carson
05-30-2012, 08:59 PM
Without honest elections we don't have a democracy or a republic.

pcosmar
05-30-2012, 09:03 PM
A Riot is an ugly sink,,,
Inspector Kemp

Anti Federalist
05-30-2012, 09:10 PM
A Riot is an ugly sink,,,
Inspector Kemp

Und, ve had better make DAMN surrrrr da, young Frannnnkensteen is vollink in his fadder's phootschtepps!

What???

Phootsteps! phootsteps! phootsteps!

brushfire
05-30-2012, 09:15 PM
There's some serious sh!t going in the ILGA right now. Madigan rules - that f'kn a$$hole needs to go! Along with 80% of ILGA. ...you think washington is corrupt?

mikeyc90
05-30-2012, 09:27 PM
yes finally!! this is so awesome to hear it would be real refreshing if more elected officials started standing up for us like this.

PaulConventionWV
05-30-2012, 09:53 PM

If I ever got elected, that would be me on the first day.

GunnyFreedom
05-30-2012, 10:12 PM
"If I was half the man I used to be, I'd take a FLAMETHROWER to this fucking place!!!"

Believe me, I often want to, then I take a deep breath, and think about how Ron Paul would do it, and then do it that way.

Danke
05-30-2012, 10:17 PM
Believe me, I often want to, then I take a deep breath, and think about how Ron Paul would do it, and then do it that way.

You show a lot of restraint for an ex-marine.

qh4dotcom
05-30-2012, 10:32 PM
That rep is a bit clueless

"Folks, we live in a democracy"

Anyway, we need hundreds more reps like him exploding on the House Floor.

GunnyFreedom
05-30-2012, 10:44 PM
You show a lot of restraint for an ex-marine.

Actually, ex Marines are very restrained, because they are all in Leavenworth. :D

Pericles
05-30-2012, 11:05 PM
All the other reps around him seemed brain dead in their big comfy chairs.

They know that the tirade will come to an end, and they can then continue to pillage and plunder.

V3n
05-31-2012, 07:49 AM
But what's his record like? Or maybe this was his 'awakening'..?

Still, loved his passion.

No Free Beer
05-31-2012, 07:59 AM
what's his email?

Lets comment and tell him we appreciate him and to keep it up.

ShaneEnochs
05-31-2012, 08:00 AM
what's his email?

Lets comment and tell him we appreciate him and to keep it up.

We may want to take a look at his voting record first.

No Free Beer
05-31-2012, 08:04 AM
Actually, ex Marines are very restrained, because they are all in Leavenworth. :D

unless you were dishonorably discharged, you are not en "ex-Marine."

Once a Marine, always a Marine.

No Free Beer
05-31-2012, 08:04 AM
We may want to take a look at his voting record first.

True.

But still, it's nice to see he has a soul.

ShaneEnochs
05-31-2012, 08:06 AM
True.

But still, it's nice to see he has a soul.

So does John Boehner.

No Free Beer
05-31-2012, 08:07 AM
So does John Boehner.

He cries.

This guy genuinely looked frustrated.

V3n
05-31-2012, 09:16 AM
So does John Boehner.

Boehner sold his soul long ago.

ClydeCoulter
05-31-2012, 09:25 AM
It's already on his Wiki page https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Bost

NIU Students for Liberty
05-31-2012, 09:39 AM
Here is the link to the bills he has co-sponsored: http://ilga.gov/house/RepBills.asp?MemberID=1138

nobody's_hero
06-01-2012, 02:07 PM
Looks like someone interviewed Rep. Mike Bost.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zj3FbTfiBak

No1butPaul
06-03-2012, 01:20 PM
Oh yeah!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0sU-tSd4rA&feature=player_embedded#!

CaptainAmerica
06-03-2012, 01:41 PM
the woman sitting in the back row smirked a bit

Lightweis
06-03-2012, 01:43 PM
That guy is pissed! =)

Carson
06-03-2012, 02:34 PM
Wouldn't it be nice to see this sort of thing go off orderly for a while...

you know...

someone interrupts him when he is just about out of steam and recovering his composure...

And then...

They go off on their own tirade!!!

Maybe on the same subject...

maybe on something else altogether different...

And then again as they wind down another takes over...

says Rover!!!

BWA-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH A!!!

*takes breath*

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH A!!!

For those of us without any imaginations we could always join in with the old...

I"M MAD ASS HELL AND I"M NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!11

oOPS A TYPO.

But I think I'll let her stand... all moonish like.

Carson
06-03-2012, 02:42 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGIY5Vyj4YM

Carson
06-03-2012, 02:45 PM
That guy is pissed! =)

I'll bet he feeling much better now.

QuickZ06
06-03-2012, 02:56 PM
YES! YES!

Carson
06-03-2012, 03:33 PM
Looks like someone interviewed Rep. Mike Bost.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zj3FbTfiBak

Good followup video nobody's_hero. It is nice to have a little more background on the issue.

Representative Mike Bost has raised the bar for anyone new who thinks they can get up there and represent us.

Eleutheros
06-03-2012, 04:05 PM
Why does Mike Bost's tirade remind me soooo much of Sam Kinison's tirade in the movie "Back to School"? After Mike said, "...and I gotta figure out how to vote for my people?", I swear I thought his next words were gonna be, "WHILE P*SSIES LIKE YOU....!!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xfi4s8cjLFI

Classic rant (and a much needed one, at that).