PDA

View Full Version : The cluelessness of our opponents gives me so much hope

cavalier973
05-30-2012, 11:33 AM
I've been arguing over at Hotair with people concerning this article

hxxp://hotair.com/headlines/archives/2012/05/30/the-pauls-are-building-a-libertarian-machine/#comments

and it is apparent that the anti-Paul coalition members have no capacity for thinking beyond the current election cycle, or even beyond elections at all. My prediction is that in sixteen years, we will have an anti-war plank in the GOP platform, a "return to free market money" plank, an "end the fascistic War on Drugs plank", a plank supporting states' rights to nullify unConstitutional laws, and a plethora of others that promote individual liberty and severely limited government.

And we will have all the members of the anti-Paul coalition enthusiastically cheering for all of it, as well. Because time and Right is on our side, and all they have to offer in defense is willful ignorance.

Icymudpuppy
05-30-2012, 11:34 AM
Do we have that long?

Intoxiklown
05-30-2012, 11:43 AM
Do we have that long?

This

cavalier973
05-30-2012, 11:45 AM
Not really, but we have to work with the time and the tools we've been given. It would be so much easier if Dr. Paul could win the nomination (and things look rather bleak; we'll see what the delegates have to say in Tampa), but the movement is about more than electing Ron Paul President. There's a lot of party infiltration going on; I was elected to the executive committee of the Republican Party in my county. I know of two others who are also members. We're not a majority by any stretch of the imagination, but we are young and the others are old.

Romulus
05-30-2012, 11:52 AM
Its hard to drain the swamp when the alligators are clogging up the drain.

Origanalist
05-30-2012, 12:06 PM
Hey cavalier, good to see your name here. I see you got here before me. I recognize your name from another site.

bcreps85
05-30-2012, 12:13 PM
Unfortunately for us, if the DHS is buying hundreds of millions of rounds of ammo now, we probably don't have that long. I don't believe they do anything internationally, only within the US, so you can bet their intent is to use it on Americans...

cavalier973
05-30-2012, 12:29 PM
Hey cavalier, good to see your name here. I see you got here before me. I recognize your name from another site.

I'm ubiquitous. Which site, by the way?

Origanalist
05-30-2012, 12:32 PM
Townhall, we've been on the same side of quite a few debates there. I don't post there much anymore.

Favorite cavalier quote;

"big government lickspittle"

SWATH
05-30-2012, 12:33 PM
Their cluelessness also terrifies me. Yesterday I head some guy on a neocon radio show passionately say how we need to stand up to the neocons and the establishment and the fake wishy-washy Republicans and purge them from the party and to do this the tea party needs to grow a pair and all get behind the true conservative...Romney. I mean I don't even know what to say.

Origanalist
05-30-2012, 12:35 PM
Their cluelessness also terrifies me. Yesterday I head some guy on a neocon radio show passionately say how we need to stand up to the neocons and the establishment and and the fake wishy washy Republicans and purge them from the party and to do this the tea party needs to grow a pair and all get behind the true conservative...Romney. I mean I don't even know what to say.

Whaaaaaaaaaat?

cavalier973
05-30-2012, 12:44 PM
Townhall, we've been on the same side of quite a few debates there. I don't post there much anymore.

Favorite cavalier quote;

"big government lickspittle"

It's hard for me to post there, because there's so many BGL's infecting the place, now.

alucard13mmfmj
05-30-2012, 12:46 PM
A lot of people put Ron Paul up as "the man" because they believe there is not much time left to save the republic. Obama wins = endure 4 years. Romney wins = endure 8 years.

It seems the next best thing, if Ron doesn't get the nomination, is gto et people into congress and senate... because I don't think we can find another candidate soon, who would best represent the liberty/constitutional movement, for probably decades to run for president. Many candidates would pop up and try to co-op the movements. Many candidates, not everyone will rally behind because they are not "Ron Paul".

I don't really know what to say about the voting population... I know they are brainwashed, but sometimes it is still dissapointing that 60% would not do their own research and vote for what FOX or some dude on the radio said. Does USA deserved to be saved? Can we save it? Even if we can, it'll take many, many, many more years before we can dispell this brainwash.

I also think we should get rid of democracy and just have a republic. It seems like a waste of money and resources to do things democratically. If the voting population can be easily manipulated to vote a certain way, then it is a bad, bad way to do things. Tyranny of the Majority is also a flaw with democracy.

Nothing can be done for the beauty contests/primaries... I suggest the campaign AND grassroots to concentrate on delegate. So far, we won a lot of delegate battles, but we also lost some and some are being challenged. We probably have enough RP delegates and shadow delegates to do some "damage" at the RNC.

Origanalist
05-30-2012, 12:48 PM
It's hard for me to post there, because there's so many BGL's infecting the place, now.

Exactly, the place is lousy with them. It hurts my head just reading the posts over there.