PDA

View Full Version : Liberty Coins Update On Website.

rdenner
11-16-2007, 07:47 AM
Not sure if this has been posted. But the Liberty Coin website has an update regarding the raid and has all the information regarding warrants and agent information on the site.

Going to start reading.. THIS demands a response from all of us.. GET READY WITH THE RON PAUL EMAIL/TELEPHONE SPAM BRIGADE.

We might finally have a direction to point our anger.

Robert

jaumen
11-16-2007, 07:53 AM
Pretty crazy. I had thought a few times about ordering some coins... I can now understand why anyone I talked to about it advised against getting the paper...

ConstitutionGal
11-16-2007, 07:56 AM
There are a few RP Liberty dollars currently for sale on Ebay. Last week they were going for 20-something dollars each.....now, the auction that ends today is already over $200.00!!!!

darn it...and I wanted to get one from the folks at LD just to have as a memento......

KewlRonduderules
11-16-2007, 08:09 AM
Maybe there is something else about the investigation that we do not know about. They had mentioned money laundering and mail fraud.

Nevertheless, it is good liberty dollars posted the PDF's to download. Better download them quick, they might tell them to remove the information.

improv241
11-16-2007, 08:33 AM
Maybe there is something else about the investigation that we do not know about. They had mentioned money laundering and mail fraud.

Nevertheless, it is good liberty dollars posted the PDF's to download. Better download them quick, they might tell them to remove the information.

That is what I'm thinking... Let's cool off until we have more info

rdenner
11-16-2007, 08:36 AM
I truly fear this is our "Dean Scream" moment. Just wait until the mainstream press goes public with this.

"Ron Paul coins were confiscated in a MAIL FRAUD AnD MONEY LAUNDERING SCHEME perpetrated by a crazy man trying to counterfiet money"

This could be really bad if it goes in the direction I fear it's going

Robert

freedominnumbers
11-16-2007, 08:38 AM
That is what I'm thinking... Let's cool off until we have more info

Mail fraud would be standard charges in this I'd think.

If anything illegal was done and any part of it was conducted through the mail, like sending payment or items, then that's mail fraud. A prime example is that if you illegally collect Social security and they mailed the checks to you you would have a secondary charge of mail fraud when they prosecuted you.

I'm sure the money laundering relates to people sending money to these people with out being positively identified and sending them clean gold/silver in it's place.

allyinoh
11-16-2007, 08:39 AM
I truly fear this is our "Dean Scream" moment. Just wait until the mainstream press goes public with this.

"Ron Paul coins were confiscated in a MAIL FRAUD AnD MONEY LAUNDERING SCHEME perpetrated by a crazy man trying to counterfiet money"

Robert

Let's say the guy was into money laundering and mail fraud, why would that look bad on Ron Paul?

I think it would look like the guy was using Ron Paul to make money and earn more, if that was the case.

But this is my opinion, if the guy was doing wrong, I don't think it will have a negative effect on Ron Paul.

bmcosti
11-16-2007, 08:40 AM
No way is this a Dean Scream moment. It could be a distraction for the volunteers. Or it can be a catapult to more national coverage on this important issue of sound money. Who know's how it can turn out?

pcosmar
11-16-2007, 08:43 AM

Robert

You really buy into the Federal Propaganda.
Are you sure you know what you are fighting for.

Ninja Homer
11-16-2007, 08:44 AM
I think if anything, they'll try to keep it out of the media. In a sane world, this would be a huge news story. This is the only MSM story I've seen on it so far:
http://www.nysun.com/article/66542

Cowlesy
11-16-2007, 08:47 AM
Well if you read the end of the search warrant if you ever purchased any of these things you are now on "the list".

pcosmar
11-16-2007, 08:49 AM
NO CHARGES HAVE BEEN FILED.

This is harassment, and a fishing expedition.
They are going through the personal information to see IF they can find something.
This affects a lot of Ron Paul supporters who did business with Liberty Dollars.
They have your names and financial information.

TooConservative
11-16-2007, 08:52 AM
I get the impression that they used an actual fraud operation by an "associate" in the Carolinas as a pretext to raid Liberty Dollar itself.

No indication that Liberty Dollar themselves did anything wrong. But if an associate did commit fraud, they might have just enough legal basis for this raid.

pcosmar
11-16-2007, 08:57 AM
I get the impression that they used an actual fraud operation by an "associate" in the Carolinas as a pretext to raid Liberty Dollar itself.

No indication that Liberty Dollar themselves did anything wrong. But if an associate did commit fraud, they might have just enough legal basis for this raid.

Might have, Maybe.
It is not a Reason for a warrant.
Evidence based on witness testimony of an actual crime is a basis for a warrant.

ladyliberty
11-16-2007, 08:58 AM
No way is this a Dean Scream moment. It could be a distraction for the volunteers. Or it can be a catapult to more national coverage on this important issue of sound money. Who know's how it can turn out?

"Or it can be a catapult to more national coverage on this important issue of sound money"

This gets my vote!

Any one here who is a professional writer/ English major (I am not) can write a positive blog article, and then see where it goes and how far it gets! Look how fast that email travelled around the world!!

Bloggers unite! Let's not wait for the story to spiral out of control - lets start the spin in a positive direction ourselves!

pcosmar
11-16-2007, 12:07 PM
News piece, Local Fox.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_sSipUrBG0