PDA

View Full Version : There will be a runoff between Dewhurst and Cruz (Texas)

LibertyEagle
05-29-2012, 09:48 PM
... and Cruz refused to endorse Senator Cornyn for the Senate leadership position.

Ted Cruz' stock just went up! :) But, the establishment is going to come out blazing against him.

MikeStanart
05-29-2012, 09:56 PM
Yeah, the Paul crowd needs to converge behind Cruz now. We CANNOT have a Piece of Trash like Dewhurst as a US Senator!

LibertyEagle
05-29-2012, 09:59 PM
Yeah, it's going to be a tough one. Because Dewhurst has been running non-stop ads lying about Cruz. Oh, you're from Texas. I guess you've seen them. Pretty sad, eh? For those of you who aren't... Dewhurst just put 10 million of his own money into this race. I guess he knows he will be able to get that back in payola, very quickly, if we wins the race.

fr33
05-29-2012, 10:08 PM
I convinced my neocon dad to vote for Cruz. Lol pretty funny since Cruz is a neocon. I'll vote for him in a run off. Then in general election I'll vote for any Libertarian party opposition.

kylejack
05-29-2012, 11:12 PM
Nice to see a runoff. I refused to vote for Cruz when Addison was in the race, but now that he's out, I suppose Cruz is acceptable.

Zap!
05-29-2012, 11:45 PM
I convinced my neocon dad to vote for Cruz. Lol pretty funny since Cruz is a neocon. I'll vote for him in a run off. Then in general election I'll vote for any Libertarian party opposition.

Nice to see a runoff. I refused to vote for Cruz when Addison was in the race, but now that he's out, I suppose Cruz is acceptable.

You guys want the world, and cause more harm than good. Be happy with Cruz, he'd be better than at least 97 other Senators. Maybe 98.

kylejack
05-30-2012, 12:01 AM
You guys want the world, and cause more harm than good.
Sounds like someone trying to talk me into Romney or McCain.

Krzysztof Lesiak
05-30-2012, 12:04 AM
I doubt Cruz will be better than even Mike Lee, but might as well give him the benefit of the doubt now that he's in a runoff.

We need to get Dr. Paul to endorse more REAL liberty candidates!!!

LibertyEagle
05-30-2012, 12:08 AM

Cruz isn't perfect. That is for sure. But, he is no neocon.

LibertyEagle
05-30-2012, 12:09 AM
I doubt Cruz will be better than even Mike Lee, but might as well give him the benefit of the doubt now that he's in a runoff.

We need to get Dr. Paul to endorse more REAL liberty candidates!!!

Mike Lee is better than 99% of the other Senators. I'd be happy to elect many more of him.

We are not going to go from where we are to all Rand Pauls and Thomas Massies, overnight.

Zap!
05-30-2012, 12:12 AM

Cruz is a far cry from Romney or McCain.

kylejack
05-30-2012, 12:14 AM
Cruz is a far cry from Romney or McCain.
It doesn't really matter at this point, does it? Cruz is in the runoff, Cruz is the best candidate in the runoff. How good he is or isn't is moot.

Cruz has been fairly evasive about taking positions on many issues. Even with that secretive platform, he is still better than Dewhurst. Whether he is better than Romney or McCain has yet to be seen. If he's elected to the Senate, then we'll see.

Zap!
05-30-2012, 12:43 AM
It doesn't really matter at this point, does it? Cruz is in the runoff, Cruz is the best candidate in the runoff. How good he is or isn't is moot.

Cruz has been fairly evasive about taking positions on many issues. Even with that secretive platform, he is still better than Dewhurst. Whether he is better than Romney or McCain has yet to be seen. If he's elected to the Senate, then we'll see.

Of course it matters. If he was a true neo-con, we wouldn't be voting for him. Even if he won, it would mean nothing. But he's on our side on a lot of issues like NDAA and the Patriot Act. Romney and McCain support these two issues. He's a good candidate, I would support him in a second if I lived in TX.

kylejack
05-30-2012, 12:48 AM
Of course it matters. If he was a true neo-con, we wouldn't be voting for him.
Since he has no experience with foreign policy and has taken few positions on foreign policy, if he was a true neo-con we wouldn't know yet.

Zap!
05-30-2012, 01:14 AM
Since he has no experience with foreign policy and has taken few positions on foreign policy, if he was a true neo-con we wouldn't know yet.

Sure we would. If he were a true neo-con, he wouldn't repeatedly speak out against NDAA. He may still be a partial neo-con, but it certainly appears he's at least not a true one.

kylejack
05-30-2012, 01:40 AM
Sure we would. If he were a true neo-con, he wouldn't repeatedly speak out against NDAA. He may still be a partial neo-con, but it certainly appears he's at least not a true one.
One of the most prominent defining characteristics of a neo-con is not support for one particular NDAA bill (which has already been voted on, and supported by neo-cons and non neo-cons alike), but rather for an aggressive foreign policy. We'll see.

ProvincialPeasant
05-30-2012, 05:34 AM
To be frank, a lot of you wouldn't vote for Ron if he wasn't the friendly old-guy you've come to worship.

realtonygoodwin
05-30-2012, 06:43 AM
I didn't vote for Cruz the first time, but as I have mentioned multiple times, I will vote for him in this runoff.

My hope is that we get another Jim Demint type, my fear is that we get another Marco Rubio type.

LibertyEagle
05-30-2012, 07:29 AM
To be frank, a lot of you wouldn't vote for Ron if he wasn't the friendly old-guy you've come to worship.

You are wrong and we do not worship him, either.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
05-30-2012, 07:41 AM

Romney or McCain are better than 99% of dog crap, but I'd say that's about it.

LibertyEagle
05-30-2012, 07:44 AM
One of the most prominent defining characteristics of a neo-con is not support for one particular NDAA bill (which has already been voted on, and supported by neo-cons and non neo-cons alike), but rather for an aggressive foreign policy. We'll see.

That is not the definition of a neocon. If you use the terms so carelessly, they lose all meaning.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul110.html

pcosmar
05-30-2012, 08:04 AM

I'm not from Texas,,
I support Ron because I researched his long and consistent career a few years back. I spent many hours reading his writings and speeches.
I like a couple others that seem to get it,, but am watchful.

Don't know this Cruz. Can't vote in Texas.
I have been watching Dan Benishek. He was pushed by the "Tea Party" (over at least 2 better choices). I voted for Glenn Wilson, so it ain't my fault.

I hope you folks in Texas know what you are getting.

AuH20
05-30-2012, 08:25 AM
Both Perry and Huckabee are aligned behind that snake Dewhurst. Nuff said. Get Cruz elected. It's a no-brainer.

Brett85
05-30-2012, 08:32 AM

What leads you to believe that Cruz supports an aggressive foreign policy?

whoisjohngalt
05-30-2012, 08:37 AM
I'd rather have a Dick Cheney cross Bill Kristol cross Dick Morris cross Hitler hybrid than David Dewhurst. I've seen Cruz speak a bunch of times, read and watched plenty on him, and talked to people within his campaign. He is far from the ideal liberty candidate, but we could do so much worse and people like Cruz are the necessary bridge to actual implementation of our desired policies.

whoisjohngalt
05-30-2012, 08:37 AM

Watch the video where he talks about Iran.

LibertyEagle
05-30-2012, 08:47 AM
I'm not from Texas,,
I support Ron because I researched his long and consistent career a few years back. I spent many hours reading his writings and speeches.
I like a couple others that seem to get it,, but am watchful.

Don't know this Cruz. Can't vote in Texas.
I have been watching Dan Benishek. He was pushed by the "Tea Party" (over at least 2 better choices). I voted for Glenn Wilson, so it ain't my fault.

I hope you folks in Texas know what you are getting.

I would prefer someone like Glenn Addison, Thomas Massie, or Debra Medina. But, guess what, at this point it is between Dewhurst and Cruz. Dewhurst is absolutely horrible and I mean HORRIBLE. Cruz leaves a lot to be desired, but he is head and shoulders better than Dewhurst and will vote with our guys more times than not. At least that is my take on the situation. So, it is only common sense that we do what we can do to help Cruz beat Dewhurst.

pcosmar
05-30-2012, 08:55 AM
I would prefer someone like Glenn Addison, Thomas Massie, or Debra Medina. But, guess what, at this point it is between Dewhurst and Cruz. Dewhurst is absolutely horrible and I mean HORRIBLE. Cruz leaves a lot to be desired, but he is head and shoulders better than Dewhurst and will vote with our guys more times than not. At least that is my take on the situation. So, it is only common sense that we do what we can do to help Cruz beat Dewhurst.

Ah,, Then he is the lesser evil.

Damn shame that is the usual choice. But that is where we are.

kylejack
05-30-2012, 09:52 AM
I voted for the best candidate in the race by miles, Addison. Now in the runoff I will vote for Cruz. So what is the problem?

gerryb
05-30-2012, 09:54 AM
IF you don't like the choice of candidates:

Go WORK for the ones you like.

Stop your whining if you haven't put several hundreds hours of phone calls or door knocking into winning...

kylejack
05-30-2012, 09:55 AM
As I said, nothing, because he's an unknown quantity. He hasn't taken many positions on foreign policy and that concerns me. Addison was a far better candidate, so I voted principles.

smithtg
05-30-2012, 10:09 AM
mark levin endorsed cruz, thats all I need to know (blazing sarcasm...) Actually he is way better than slimeball dewherst, but the neocon media is lining up behind cruz just 'because" i think. or better put the fake tea party neocons

trey4sports
05-30-2012, 10:13 AM
Cruz really isn't a bad candidate. He's about the equivalent of, say, Jeff Flake.

Pericles
05-30-2012, 02:34 PM

Yeah, but at least Cruz is movement in the proper direction, rather than more of the same.

Distinguished Gentleman
05-30-2012, 04:01 PM
Liberty candidates in high stakes big money races are in an awkward position. If you come out and say things like Ron , you'll finish with a Ron Paul vote tally. There are only a small subset of higher than average iq voters out there who can ignore social conditioning and come to our positions on blowback, the drug war, and Guantanamo. 70 percent of voters approved of keeping gitmo open, for example. Publicly Supporting closing it down, when theres no chance of it actually closing, is less than practical. Likewise, sounding like you'd stand by as Israel got nuked isn't practical, even if you're being misinterpreted.

That's why paying attention to endorsements is critical. We are in a rare position where an energetic majority largely agree with us on cutting spending, skepticism about business regulation and a weak appetite for another drawn out war. InThe 2000s this wan't the case. When Ron and the liberty crowd are endorsing somebody it's a wink and a nod that when it comes to the important votes, "he's with us". They aren't naive. They aren't being fooled by some random neocon in tea party clothing. It's just a matter of politics to speak in a language that conservatives understand. Ted Cruz will be a top tier Senator.

LibertyEagle
05-30-2012, 04:16 PM

Yeah, I hear ya, but we have stepped up the game quite a bit. Soon, they will be catering to our demands.

Supernaut
05-30-2012, 04:37 PM
If this guy was for real, then no way in hell would Mark Levin endorse him.

If you have your hopes up for Ted Cruz, then you're going to be in for one hell of a disappointment. This guy is about as worthwhile to this movement as Scott Brown or Marco Rubio.

QuickZ06
05-30-2012, 05:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=SNF0YiPlGZY

QueenB4Liberty
05-30-2012, 06:47 PM
I voted for Ted Cruz the first time. Does anyone know if we can early vote in the runoff? Sarah Palin and Sean Hannity also endorse Cruz. :(

realtonygoodwin
05-31-2012, 07:36 AM
I imagine they will have early voting, not sure.