PDA

View Full Version : Virginia Gov: Warrantless Drones “Great” for America

John F Kennedy III
05-29-2012, 02:04 PM
Virginia Gov: Warrantless Drones “Great” for America

Kurt Nimmo
Infowars.com
May 29, 2012

Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell epitomizes the current crop of American politicians that know nothing about the Constitution and the proper role of government as envisioned by Thomas Jefferson and the founders.

http://www.latimes.com/media/photo/2011-11/66347176.jpg

McDonnell has jumped on the drone craze bandwagon. “It’s great,” he said on a radio program. “If you’re keeping police officers safe, making it more productive and saving money… it’s absolutely the right thing to do.”

He added a worthless caveat routinely issued when government prepares to violate the Fourth Amendment. “McDonnell added Tuesday it will prove important to ensure the state maintains Americans’ civil liberties, such as privacy, if it adds drones to its law enforcement arsenal,” reports WTOP.

“If the police use a drone without a warrant to see who or what is in your backyard or your bedroom, or if while looking for a missing child the drone takes a picture of you in your backyard or bedroom and the government keeps the picture, its use is unnatural and unconstitutional,” writes Andrew P. Napolitano.

“I say ‘unnatural’ because we all have a natural right to privacy; it is a fundamental right that is inherent in our humanity. All of us have times of the day and moments in our behavior when we expect that no one — least of all the government — will be watching. When the government watches us during those times, it violates our natural right to privacy. It also violates our constitutional right to privacy. The Supreme Court has held consistently that numerous clauses in the Bill of Rights keep the government at bay without a warrant.”

But for statists like McDonnell, the “safety” of police and “saving money” trump the natural right to privacy and the right to be left alone.

rest of article here:
http://www.infowars.com/virginia-gov-warrantless-drones-great-for-america/

jj-
05-29-2012, 02:07 PM
He was getting heat from the neocons from oppossing the NDAA. The threats have worked their magic.

John F Kennedy III
05-29-2012, 06:18 PM
Bump

Spikender
05-29-2012, 06:25 PM
Great, I just love living in Virginia. I can't wait to see all the police drones hovering over me as I drive over to work. Sweet deal, sign me up, McDonnell.

Lucille
05-29-2012, 06:27 PM
That's the guy who some thought (http://www.theamericanconservative.com/neocons-smear-bob-mcdonnell/) would be a great VP pick for Mandate Mitt Romneycare in order to get the Paulians. LOL...

oyarde
05-30-2012, 10:48 AM
Great for America ? Wow , just how would he know what is great for America ?

RickyJ
05-30-2012, 11:03 AM
With so many drones flying around how are the police going to know which drones are theirs and which aren't theirs? They will assume all drones are theirs, until they realize that they aren't. Then they will have a problem, how do they stop drones not under their control? Criminals will love these drones as it will let them know when someone is not home so they can rob them safely. Not to mention terrorists will love these drones to carry out attacks at will against their targets. When you open the door to something like this, it will be used in all of its possible ways.

oyarde
05-30-2012, 11:32 AM
With so many drones flying around how are the police going to know which drones are theirs and which aren't theirs? They will assume all drones are theirs, until they realize that they aren't. Then they will have a problem, how do they stop drones not under their control? Criminals will love these drones as it will let them know when someone is not home so they can rob them safely. Not to mention terrorists will love these drones to carry out attacks at will against their targets. When you open the door to something like this, it will be used in all of its possible ways. Yeah , I have been considering all of that for a long time , I am torn :) , should I build my own wing of drones ? I claim air space above my property :) , but , would it not just be more economical to shoot them down or offer a bounty on them :) ??

James Madison
05-30-2012, 11:37 AM
Notice how he says 'It's great for police'.

Yup. Great for police. Bad for us mundanes.

TomtheTinker
05-30-2012, 12:08 PM
I want one...I will have one.

asurfaholic
05-30-2012, 12:48 PM
So are they easily seen from ground? Slow moving?

Target practice has a new best friend. Don't worry dudes in blue, you are still safe. However that flying video camera isn't going to be so lucky.

Todd
05-30-2012, 01:11 PM
Great, I just love living in Virginia. I can't wait to see all the police drones hovering over me as I drive over to work. Sweet deal, sign me up, McDonnell.

Soon they will patroling the skies over the highways of VA and sending live feeds of traffic violators. Then you will get your citations for speeding in the mail.

Danke
05-30-2012, 01:13 PM
I want one...I will have one.

I already got one.

puppetmaster
05-30-2012, 01:27 PM
I already got one.

yep me too....I think I may use it to video the next RP event I attend

Lishy
05-30-2012, 01:36 PM
If we're gonna legalize drones, then I'm gonna get one myself and have some fun with it too!

Can't be any more expensive than a Hummer :rolleyes:

jkr
05-30-2012, 01:42 PM
http://paulmcd.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/hka-c-01_jpg59611114-9df1-41bf-8f57-1aede9ff1914large.jpg

its like they WANT it to happen

Vessol
05-30-2012, 02:21 PM
Can't wait till some of these mother fuckers are shot down.

Domalais
05-30-2012, 02:32 PM
If we're gonna legalize drones, then I'm gonna get one myself and have some fun with it too!

Can't be any more expensive than a Hummer :rolleyes:

A Raven is about 50K.

Spikender
05-30-2012, 02:38 PM
Soon they will patroling the skies over the highways of VA and sending live feeds of traffic violators. Then you will get your citations for speeding in the mail.

I'm sure that is McDonnell's dream... he is truly a prophet and a visionary.

DamianTV
05-30-2012, 03:53 PM
http://yro.slashdot.org/story/12/05/30/2035251/va-governor-wants-military-drones-for-police

"During radio interview, Virginia governor Bob McDonnell suggested that using unmanned drones to assist police would be 'great' and 'the right thing to do.' 'Increased safety and reduced manpower are among the reasons the U.S. military and intelligence community use drones on the battlefield, which is why it should be considered in Virginia, he says. ... McDonnell added Tuesday it will prove important to ensure the state maintains Americans' civil liberties, such as privacy, if it adds drones to its law enforcement arsenal.' Is this the next step toward militarizing our law enforcement agencies? How exactly can they ensure our privacy, when even the Air Force can't?"

Warrior_of_Freedom
05-30-2012, 03:54 PM
Voting out Bob McDonnell would be the right thing to do.

Nic
05-30-2012, 07:09 PM
Voting out Bob McDonnell would be the right thing to do.

I can't wait to see him out of office. Just hope Bolling doesn't get the GOP nod.

mikeyc90
05-30-2012, 08:01 PM
Notice how he says 'It's great for police'.

Yup. Great for police. Bad for us mundanes.

Yea Mcdonnell just loves it every time the police state expends at our expense it was hard enough getting him to "approve" the anti ndaa bill overwhelmly passed by the state legislature i,m glad i never supported him i can't wait to see his reaction when these damm drones start getting shot down.

HOLLYWOOD
05-30-2012, 08:01 PM
Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell = another BS "Use the US Constitution preaching to fool the serfs and mundanes"

That scumbag was in Myrtle Beach, SC just prior to the SC primary... sicken CON-ARTIST... but he fooled the 50-100 year old crowd for sure with his FOX FASCIST NEWS regurgitation points of security, military, boogyman, and US Contitution blah blah.

I hope Ken Cuccinelli wins Virginia governorship so day.