PDA

View Full Version : Michigan: Not too late to become a Precinct Delegate

tsai3904
05-29-2012, 12:45 PM
The filing period to file as a candidate for Precinct Delegate and have your name placed on the primary ballot has passed.

However, you can still file as a write-in candidate. Many precincts do not have enough candidates running. If your precinct does not have enough candidates, you can become a Precinct Delegate by filing as a write-in candidate and writing in your name on the primary ballot.

To file as a write-in candidate, you must file the following Declaration of Intent form by 4 pm on August 3.

http://www.michigan.gov/documents/Dec-Int-Prc_152628_7.pdf

The form must be received by your City or Township Clerk (your County Clerk will not accept this form). You can find your local clerk here: https://webapps.sos.state.mi.us/mivote/ClerkSearch.aspx

Make sure you file the form using your NEW precinct number. It might be easier to go file this in person at your City or Township Clerk as they will make sure you filled everything correctly.

If you know other Michigan Ron Paul supporters, please make them aware of this. The more supporters we can get to become Precinct Delegates, the more influence we will have within the Michigan Republican Party.

tsai3904
06-13-2012, 06:36 PM
bump

Precinct Delegates are the building blocks of each County GOP. If we can get enough supporters to become Precinct Delegates, we become the GOP.

If you know supporters in Michigan, please ask them if they have filed as a Precinct Delegate. If not, they have until August 3 to file as a write-in candidate.

NewRightLibertarian
06-13-2012, 06:37 PM
Got one of my buddies signed up and he's running unopposed. Hopefully I will be too :)

EBounding
07-10-2012, 11:29 AM
Any advice on finding Ron Paul supporters in precincts to fill the empty slots? I know people in my precinct, but I have no idea how to find the ones in other precincts.

I tried a facebook ad since apparently 60 people in my zip code "like" ron paul. No hits yet.

My wife and I have been campaigning since we're in a contested delegate race and our voter list is working pretty well since its only people who voted in the last primary (mostly Republicans). But it doesn't seem practical to try to find the Ron Paul supporters since there's 700 some houses we'd have go to until we found 7 people willing to be write-ins.

Any advice is appreciated. Also, if anyone in Oakland or Macomb counties want a primary voter list, just PM me.

tsai3904
07-10-2012, 11:42 AM
Look for meetup groups, Facebook groups, etc. The campaign had a presence in Michigan so I'm sure there's a list somewhere. We need to call/email that list and make sure people know about this position. What happens between now and the primary will affect what happens for the next two years so if people are serious, they need to get back in campaign mode and inform Ron Paul supporters about the importance of being a precinct delegate.

EBounding
07-11-2012, 07:59 AM
Yeah, the lack of a list is the big problem. No one seems to have anything and my primary voter list is way too broad for something like this. I've asked the state and local coordinators but nothing. :confused: I really wish the campaign would have organized this right after the February primary. Now it seems like it's just individual grassroots scrambling to try to fill those empty slots before the establishment does.

angelatc
07-11-2012, 08:35 AM
Any advice on finding Ron Paul supporters in precincts to fill the empty slots? I know people in my precinct, but I have no idea how to find the ones in other precincts.

I tried a facebook ad since apparently 60 people in my zip code "like" ron paul. No hits yet.

My wife and I have been campaigning since we're in a contested delegate race and our voter list is working pretty well since its only people who voted in the last primary (mostly Republicans). But it doesn't seem practical to try to find the Ron Paul supporters since there's 700 some houses we'd have go to until we found 7 people willing to be write-ins.

Any advice is appreciated. Also, if anyone in Oakland or Macomb counties want a primary voter list, just PM me.

No luck at all. My area has 3 slots available, I think.

Miguel
07-20-2012, 03:41 PM
There's still time left, not much just 2 weeks!

tsai3904
07-21-2012, 08:24 PM
bump

Miguel
07-24-2012, 06:52 AM
Head on down to your County or City Clerks office, tell them you want to be a write in GOP delegate candidate for your Precinct!

tsai3904
07-24-2012, 08:43 AM
Head on down to your County or City Clerks office, tell them you want to be a write in GOP delegate candidate for your Precinct!

County Clerks will NOT accept the write-in candidate form.

ONLY the City or Township Clerks will accept the form.

Miguel
07-26-2012, 05:26 PM
County Clerks will NOT accept the write-in candidate form.

ONLY the City or Township Clerks will accept the form.

Get to your City, Township Clerk tomorrow!