PDA

View Full Version : When was the last true threat of a US mainland invasion?

ghengis86
05-28-2012, 09:43 PM
WWII? I think people really believed that Japan had ambitions to invade and occupy the US. Maybe Russia to some degree in the Cold War era, but I think the greatest fear was due to the threat of nuclear war/Armageddon, not boots on the ground land invasion.

So there hasn't been a credible threat of invasion in ~40-70 years, the US spends more on military expenditures than the rest of the world combined and the masses still think the our armed forces are 'defending' the US from freedom-destroying dictators invading from foreign lands??!?

oyarde
05-28-2012, 09:48 PM
My best guess , WW2 .

James Madison
05-28-2012, 09:49 PM

sparebulb
05-28-2012, 09:50 PM
Twenty million fifth-column illegal alien communists are already here. Slow motion invasion for the reconquista of Atzlan is nearly complete.

ghengis86
05-28-2012, 09:56 PM
Twenty million fifth-column illegal alien communists are already here. Slow motion invasion for the reconquista of Atzlan is nearly complete.

Okay, I'll go along; why the fuck would people give a shit about the borders in Afghanistan or Iraq and not demand that our own birders be secured? The idocracy of the masses astounds me at times

pcosmar
05-28-2012, 10:06 PM

That was my first thought,, Though I believe it to have been a manipulated event.

Pericles
05-28-2012, 10:07 PM
Pancho Villa raid of Columbus, NM in 1916. History does repeat itself ....

UWDude
05-28-2012, 10:13 PM
The Japanese actually did invade and hold American territory in WW II The Alaskan Islands of Attu and Kiska.

ghengis86
05-28-2012, 10:18 PM
The Japanese actually did invade and hold American territory in WW II The Alaskan Islands of Attu and Kiska.

Good point. There were other territories/islands that were occupied similarly as well.

Anything after that?

mad cow
05-28-2012, 10:23 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fire_balloon

Japanese fire balloons During World War 2

mad cow
05-28-2012, 10:31 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Pastorius

German spy landings During World War 2

impaleddead
05-29-2012, 12:07 AM
Espionage is not a land invasion, we've had thousands of Soviet/Russian spys/espionage in the US since the 20's.

No threat of invasion during WWII, Smedley Butler explains why well in 'War is a Racket'

I'll agree with 1812.

Galileo Galilei
05-29-2012, 12:20 AM
That was my first thought,, Though I believe it to have been a manipulated event.

1812 is the correct answer, and the event was manipulated by the British Empire.

The British Empire used a tactic from 1700 to 1900 often, they would provoke their target into a war, then swoop in with superior military force, superior navy, and superior equipment, health care, supplies, weapons, etc. Much like FDR badgered Japan until they struck back.

The British won every war from 1588 until WWI, except 2 wars with the US, after which they gave up.

Too bad the British had James Madiosn as a foe in 1812. No war since the end of the 100 Years War in the 1400s (after Agincourt) has gone as bad for the British as the War of 1812.

Galileo Galilei
05-29-2012, 12:24 AM
Espionage is not a land invasion, we've had thousands of Soviet/Russian spys/espionage in the US since the 20's.

No threat of invasion during WWII, Smedley Butler explains why well in 'War is a Racket'

I'll agree with 1812.

This article explains the War of 1812, but also shows how distorted modern military propaganda is compared to the Founding Fathers:

Mr. Madison’s War Versus Mr. Bush’s War
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?164724-Mr.-Madison%92s-War-Versus-Mr.-Bush%92s-War

Xhin
05-29-2012, 01:42 AM
Okay, I'll go along; why the fuck would people give a shit about the borders in Afghanistan or Iraq and not demand that our own birders be secured? The idocracy of the masses astounds me at times

I bring that point up a lot too. Pro-interventionists tend to ignore it.

Completely.

Karsten
05-29-2012, 01:49 AM
9/11/2001 :rolleyes:

John F Kennedy III
05-29-2012, 02:08 AM
I was gonna say 1812. I'm not sure if Nazi Germany ever became an imminent threat...

libertyjam
05-29-2012, 03:18 AM

^^ This one

Lishy
05-29-2012, 04:10 AM
I'd assume the Cuban missile crisis, because Russia actually had the capabilities to take down America at the time.

Warrior_of_Freedom
05-29-2012, 04:13 AM
OP said mainland. Alaskan islands aren't the mainland.

Don Lapre
05-29-2012, 06:32 AM
The last U.S. mainland invasion took place January 20, 2009.

I find it amazing that so many can't wrap their head around what happened - Ron Paul included.

Not a peep from him about our illegal president.

Disgraceful.

pcosmar
05-29-2012, 07:05 AM
1812 is the correct answer, and the event was manipulated by the British Empire.

Make that the Bank of England (Rothschild) and you will be right on target.
The whole purpose was to get their hooks back in the American Banks.

V3n
05-29-2012, 07:31 AM
9/11/2001 :rolleyes:

Correct answer and emoticon!

Republicanguy
06-08-2012, 09:36 AM
Make that the Bank of England (Rothschild) and you will be right on target.
The whole purpose was to get their hooks back in the American Banks.

The Bank of England was formed in 1694 after the beachy head conflict in 1690 when the French beat the English at sea off the coast of England. That having being built the King could get 1.2 million, sort of free money wasn't it?

So for some to say that the British or well in fact you mean predominately the English from the English kingdom won most wars, and then when the Union was formed to create the British kingdom they won more wars with extra muscle onwards from the Scottish. Poor welsh going along with anyone before and after. LOL

Some people have said the bank's powers should be removed, should be closed?

So who would administrate the money? The Uk parliament. If some of you folks here believe the congress must do all that as the old book says so.

paulbot24
06-08-2012, 09:53 AM
You'll be hard-pressed to find any support for the Rothschild clan on here. I don't salute our admiralty flag or trust it to administer the money either. Then again I'm talking about the same company from Virginia now aren't I?

Brian4Liberty
06-08-2012, 10:05 AM

Pancho Villa raid of Columbus, NM in 1916. History does repeat itself ....

There are the winners.

See Kosovo (greater Albania) for a modern day example.

Warrior_of_Freedom
06-08-2012, 11:06 AM
The present. We're being invaded not by a giant Russian Bear, but by parasites taking over the mind of the country.

Intoxiklown
06-08-2012, 11:29 AM

I'll agree with 1812.

You forgot all the Israeli spies we found everywhere after the 9/11 security crackdowns.

Kluge
06-08-2012, 01:12 PM
1913?

RonRules
06-08-2012, 01:26 PM
The American-Canadian War
http://southpark.wikia.com/wiki/American-Canadian_War

The war begins:
The war begins when the Canadian Air Force bombs the residence of the Baldwin brothers. The United States then declares war on Canada, and Mrs. Broflovski, recently appointed Secretary of Offense, orders the execution of "war criminals" Terrance and Phillip.
This angers the children, which prompts Cartman to sing a song entitled "Kyle's Mom is a Bitch." When Mrs. Broflovski overhears him, she has a V-Chip placed in his brain in order to prevent him from swearing.

Meanwhile, in Hell, Satan and Saddam Hussein discover that there is a war going on Earth. Satan says with delight that it has been prophesied that he can return to earth once the blood of "the innocent" touches the ground.

With Terrance and Phillip set to be executed, Kyle, Stan, and Cartman decide to do "what Brian Boitano would do" and form "La Resistance". A new boy in South Park, Gregory of Yardale, comes up with a daring plan to rescue Terrance and Phillip. Stan, who is concerned that his girlfriend, Wendy, is interested in Gregory, insists upon carrying out the plan so that Wendy will like him, but keeps in mind Chef's advice that to win her love he needs to find the clitoris. Stan, Kyle, and Cartman are sent to find "The Mole", who turns out to be a God-hating French boy. He agrees to help them rescue Terrance and Phillip, who are to be executed in the electric chair during a USO show.

The USO show begins, and the boys begin executing the plan. Cartman, tasked with turning off the power shortly before the execution begins, is frightened when the ghost of Kenny warns him that Saddam and Satan are coming. He runs off without turning off the power, causing the Mole to be spotted and killed by guard dogs. Kyle and Stan desperately run to the stage to prevent the execution, but Kyle cannot bring himself to stand up to his mom, who orders the execution to start.

Suddenly, a surprise Canadian attack begins. Cartman rushes to ...

paulbot24
06-08-2012, 01:39 PM
1913?

The year Woodrow Wilson sold the USA.

tangent4ronpaul
06-08-2012, 02:30 PM

Yes, but the Chinese also have China zones in the US and are buying up critical parts of the country/companies.

-t