PDA

View Full Version : Immigration: Canadian Immigration

dbenoy
05-28-2012, 07:40 PM
How does Ron Paul feel about Canadians immigrating into the US? I heard he's tough on immigration (Correct me if I'm wrong?), but is he tougher on certain countries?

dbenoy
05-28-2012, 07:42 PM
I'm a canadian myself and I want to emigrate to the US some day and I'm hoping if Ron Paul wins he'll loosen up some of the burdensome regulations.

tod evans
05-28-2012, 07:45 PM
I feel pretty safe saying I don't believe RP discriminates against one countries immigrants over another.

Enforcer
05-28-2012, 08:19 PM
How does Ron Paul feel about Canadians immigrating into the US? I heard he's tough on immigration (Correct me if I'm wrong?), but is he tougher on certain countries?

Some claim that Ron Paul flipped on immigration. Listen to Ron Paul, in his own words.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E25UHyXMpSw

Paul wants foreigners to be able to "freely travel." Of course, by saying that, it brings out some people that I am forbidden to describe, but with every breath they will be accusing me of being for "open borders." I really don't care what you call it, but we used to travel back and forth across the borders just because we were neighbors.

There are some people in this country that do not want to over-haul the immigration system, so you likely won't get a good answer on this board, but if I were you, I'd direct my questions directly to Ron Paul.

Lishy
05-29-2012, 12:58 AM
I'm a dual citizen who would someday love to return to the U.S. too once Paul is president.

Though, if Canadians apply for citizenship legally, what exactly is the problem?