PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Ad on XM RADIO ESPN station this morning (pic enclosed)

improv241
11-16-2007, 06:54 AM
I was doing my normal routine, and during a commercial this voice started saying something along the line of: "All of the 'front-runners' of the Republican Party have inconsistent voting records. However, there is one candidate that has never voted for congressional raise, never voted for amnesty, never raise taxes, always voted for balanced budget....etc....This candidate is Ron Paul. [then goes into RP giving a brief introduction of himself]"

I was completely shocked and really excited.

I do not know whether this was ONLY an XM ad or if it was an ESPN ad (which would be 100 times better).

Pic was taken on phone
http://filebox.vt.edu/users/brandons/XM_Ron_Paul.jpg

T206
11-16-2007, 07:01 AM
I was doing my normal routine, and during a commercial this voice started saying something along the line of: "All of the 'front-runners' of the Republican Party have inconsistent voting records. However, there is one candidate that has never voted for congressional raise, never voted for amnesty, never raise taxes, always voted for balanced budget....etc....This candidate is Ron Paul. [then goes into RP giving a brief introduction of himself]"

I was completely shocked and really excited.

I do not know whether this was ONLY an XM ad or if it was an ESPN ad (which would be 100 times better).

Picture from my phone (http://filebox.vt.edu/users/brandons/XM_Ron_Paul.jpg)

Most likely only XM. XM owns and sells that commercial space as far as I know, not ESPN. XM just rebroadcasts the feed and plugs in their own commercials, while the ESPN feed has their own.

improv241
11-16-2007, 07:33 AM
true - great way to market himself to the 25-40 generation

ross11988
11-16-2007, 08:53 AM
thats some safe driving

goRPaul
11-16-2007, 09:46 AM
Rock on!

troyd1
11-16-2007, 10:01 AM
Someone I talked to heard the add and really liked it.

steph3n
11-16-2007, 10:19 AM
XM ads are cheap and rerun all the time!!!

Ridiculous
11-16-2007, 10:29 AM
I heard a Ron Paul ad on Sirius, during Howard Stern.

saahmed
11-16-2007, 03:09 PM
I heard a Ron Paul ad on Sirius, during Howard Stern.

Thats probably a good audience for Ron Paul supporters.

Ibgamer
11-16-2007, 03:15 PM
Cool, with all the bonds controversy right now hopefully we had a large audience.

jnpg
11-16-2007, 03:16 PM
on the Fox News station....

I like it!

American
11-16-2007, 03:18 PM
Thats awesome,

Jobarra
11-16-2007, 03:22 PM
Gotta love XM's advertising-free radio. *cough*

Sorry, a little bitter about the original concept seeming to go out the window, having to pay for the service, and then having commercials on top of that.

At least the Ron Paul commercials will be awesome. But I'm not sure how much of the audience will stay on the channel unless it is the first one in the line of commercials. I don't know about other XM users, but I'll usually switch to another channel when the commercials come on. Most of the commercials don't seem to be 'top-notch' commercials. More like late night TV "we show you how to make money" type commercials.

Still, since I'm traveling all day tomorrow, it will be nice to hear the ad.

Flash
11-16-2007, 04:14 PM
I own an Xm radio. That sucks that I missed it.