PDA

View Full Version : Viral Endorsement Project - Overview

FreeTraveler
11-16-2007, 06:49 AM
Dr.Paul's number one issue is name recognition. We know that while not everyone agrees with Dr. Paul on every issue, his principled stand and support of the rule of law will bring those impassioned citizens who understand his views to the voting booth in swarms. He doesn't need every vote, just enough.

We also know that the conversion rate of those who hear his message, undiluted and untwisted, is extremely high.

To attract those impassioned citizens, he must do two things:
1) Make his name a household word, so that every American who believes this country is worth saving will know there is finally someone worth supporting and that now is the time to step forward and do their part.
2) Convince those same Americans that there is a huge groundswell of support out there, and that their vote will not be wasted if they vote for their principles, rather than the lesser of two evils.

In this age of media, there's really only one way to get these messages out in the time we have, and that's with MAJOR endorsements. I don't speak just of entertainment celebrities, but of leaders in every field of endeavor, including entertainers, business leaders, political commentators, writers, scientists, doctors, and economists.

The list at http://www.theadvocates.org/celebrities.html is a good place to start.

In this and several related threads, I am initiating a co-operative project to design and produce videos, from 30 seconds to several minutes, that call on leaders from all walks of life to step up, be counted, and lead us away from the abyss before us. These videos will be our "John Galt", taking the message of Liberty to those men of the mind who can shape the future through their will. Others may wish to start threads for other outreach projects to these same leaders; letter-writing, personal contacts, or whatever their expertise may be.

I am not "In Charge" of this project. I am an instigator, and nothing more. If enough people believe this is important, and the concept is a valid one, it will quickly take off on its own. Leaders may emerge, or it may just become a resource for those who think this an important message to get out. My main focus initially will be in the Starting Script thread, where we'll try to hash out a short but sweet appeal to these leaders.

I hope that I won't be the only person to produce videos based on the information gathered in these threads. In fact, if someone were to take this idea and produce the perfect video for the campaign's YouTube ad, I would be proud to have been inspirational in their planning.

What's needed: There will be threads for known endorsements,semi-endorsements, potential endorsements, video clips, sound clips, addresses where we can send the videos, and others as we find a need for them. After the project is underway, I'm sure there will be poll threads where consensus is sought to resolve particular issues.

What's not needed: Divisiveness. If you think this is a wonderful idea in concept, please join in the effort. If you think this is a crappy idea, or have other ideas more deserving of your time, please discuss those issues on other threads that are not devoted to this concept. We've all seen what llepard went through, and we don't want that in this project. If you start it, you will be ignored, and won't have a chance to contribute later, when you decide it's not such a bad idea after all. I'll even start a "Viral Endorsement Project Sucks" thread; please take your negativity there.

FreeTraveler
11-16-2007, 07:50 AM
No comments?

Indy Vidual
11-16-2007, 08:00 AM
I think this is a wonderful idea and concept.
Thank you for starting it :)

ps. I've been online way too long and will check back later.

expatinireland
12-09-2007, 05:18 PM
I believe endorsements can be very useful in elevating the visibility of Ron Paul as every time there is an endorsement by a big name celebrity it becomes news that will be covered.

Look at the mileage that Huckabee has gotten out of his Chuck Norris endorsement.

The Norris ad for Huckabee is very clever and Norris's support imo accounts for a few percentage points in the polls for Huckabee. Admittedly, Norris is not only an endorser but an active supporter as well. It would be nice if Ron Paul could come across an endorsement that would have equal impact.

From looking at the contribution records at http://www.newsmeat.com/, most actors with a few exceptions have a history of backing Democratic candidates. Since many of Ron Pauls new found supporters are Democrats, I imagine there might be a few that might endorse and/or contribute if asked.

To give you an example of one celebrities thinking on the election and the political process, 2 or 3 weeks back, Dustin Hoffman was interviewed by Irish Public Radio. Hoffman was asked who he was supporting and he answered
"I ain't got no one yet". The interviewer asked him if he was supporting Obama or Hillary but he said he wasn't leaning and still looking but would vote for who ever got the nomination but additionally said that in 92 "Perot had me for a while".
Hoffman then went on to discuss the money factor in politics - you have to say things you don't feel, payback comes for whoever wins, your soul is being chipped at.

The whole interview is within the first 1/4 of this podcast: http://www.rte.ie/podcasts/2007/pc/pod-v-301107-47m37s-tubridy.mp3

I am not saying that Hoffman would give an endorsement but that he is having some of the feelings about our political system that is driving many people to Ron Paul even though their own personal political agenda doesn't match Ron's.

So I am thinking there must be at least a few celebrities out there who could be converted to Ron Paul revolution.

The problem is getting a hold of these people. The only thing that has come to my mind is placing an ad or 2 in Variety http://www.variety.com/ soliciting their support.