PDA

View Full Version : Washington Times Communities - Ron Paul - Revolutionary or Fad?

ChristopherShelley
05-28-2012, 12:51 AM
http://communities.washingtontimes.com/neighborhood/urban-game-changer/2012/may/27/ron-paul-fad-or-revolutionary/

TheTexan
05-28-2012, 12:55 AM
However, the movement seems to depend on the excitement generated by a presidential campaign, its adherents unwilling to look lower, where reformers could make a difference. The president has little effect on local government. If the Ron Paul people - the “Blue Republicans” - could grasp this matter, then real reform could be realized.

http://i977.photobucket.com/albums/ae257/steve777_07/challenge-accepted.png

paulbot24
05-28-2012, 01:03 AM
The presidential campaign is just one of many paths to liberty. The shortest perhaps, and the most guarded, but not the only path forward. "Armies Cannot Stop An Idea Whose Time Has Come." Game on Shirley Husar.

alucard13mmfmj
05-28-2012, 01:19 AM
the president can take away our liberties... so i assume the president can give our liberties back.

pretty sure we are more legitimate and more longterm than Kony 2012

Victor Grey
05-28-2012, 01:36 AM
I wish every single last person who voted for Ron Paul this election read that.

I believe it'd have the opposite effect.

TruckinMike
05-28-2012, 03:15 AM
Is this the beginning of the end of good-ole-boy Republican politics?

Hardly.

The truth is that the Texas Congressman and his motley crew of disciples are a fad, the political equivalent of Cabbage Patch Kids.

Oh Really? Naw.... Shirley Husar, I think you are a closet Ron Paul supporter just trying to Rally the troops - Good Job!!

TMike:)

neverseen
05-28-2012, 10:01 AM
Florida is doing their part... Check out the right column and all the candidates that are starting to run!

http://www.libertytakeover2012.com/

and tampa bay crushing it::

http://libertytampabay.com/rec-membership-step-by-step/

Ivash
05-28-2012, 01:17 PM
I'm going to say that a lot of people- myself included- believe that a lot of the support that Ron Paul is getting will end when he retires/or (hopefully this doesn't happen soon) fades when the good Doctor passes on.

In my opinion if Ron Paul does not get the nomination people here should think long and hard about how to keep this from happening.

DerailingDaTrain
05-28-2012, 01:46 PM
Revolutionary.

nuff said

paulbot24
05-28-2012, 05:16 PM
Her blog is great. I've read several of her articles. However, if MSM tries to call this a fad.....the Dodge is tough, Iran is bad, watch American Idol media hacks that have created the hypnotized and apathetic world we live in....It really won't surprise me. They create and destroy fads, comedic and tragic, for greedy amusement and then have nothing better to do than to argue in little rooms about how much their "entertainment" is worth and squabble over the money. Maybe it's not a blackout of Ron Paul we are seeing. Perhaps he is such an enigma to them, they actually have no idea what to make of him. Imagine how confusing (and boring) somebody like him must be to them. Integrity is something beyond the limits of their cute hairstyle comprehension. Not that all reporters or those in media are evil. When I say MSM, I think most of the people on here know who I mean.

TheTexan
05-28-2012, 05:17 PM
Her blog is great. I've read several of her articles. However, if MSM tries to call this a fad.....the Dodge is tough, Iran is bad, watch American Idol media hacks that have created the hypnotized and apathetic world we live in....It really won't surprise me. They create and destroy fads, comedic and tragic, for greedy amusement and then have nothing better to do than to argue in little rooms about how much their "entertainment" is worth and squabble over the money. Maybe it's not a blackout of Ron Paul we are seeing. Perhaps he is such an enigma to them, they actually have no idea what to say or think. Imagine how confusing (and boring) somebody like him must be to them. Integrity is something beyond the limits of their cute hairstyle comprehension. Not that all reporters or those in media are evil. When I say MSM, I think most of the people on here know who I mean.

Yep they will destroy the movement for sure. But they can't destroy that which they did not create. :)