PDA

View Full Version : Converts from the Bowling Alley

IRO-bot
11-16-2007, 05:59 AM
Thursday is league night at my bowling alley for me. I almost always wear my Ron Paul t-shirt there. Well last night, I was hanging around in the pro shop talking to my ball driller when he noticed my shirt and said Who is Ron Paul. (That right there just puts a smile on my face). So I told him, he is a Republican Presidential Candidate. He said he has seens signs for Ron Paul everywhere.

Well, we started talking about politics, and everything he said was what Ron Paul believed. Constitution, state rights, War on drugs, S.S., war on terror, Iraq war. By far the easiest convert I have made yet.

Also, later on I was outside smoking with some guys from another team and one noticed my shirt and said, Hey I am voting for Ron Paul because of his tough stance on Imigration. I said sweet. I am voting for Ron Paul because I love freedom.

Certainly makes you feel great.

P.S. I bowled a 186, 199, and then bombed in the third game with a 125. Stupid ringing 7 pins. :D

Indy Vidual
11-16-2007, 06:04 AM
Great job :)
I haven't bowled in years, sounds like fun.

IRO-bot
11-16-2007, 06:08 AM
I've only been bowling for three years or so. It's the only day I get out of the house. It's fun.

Chester Copperpot
11-16-2007, 06:11 AM
Thursday is league night at my bowling alley for me. I almost always wear my Ron Paul t-shirt there. Well last night, I was hanging around in the pro shop talking to my ball driller when he noticed my shirt and said Who is Ron Paul. (That right there just puts a smile on my face). So I told him, he is a Republican Presidential Candidate. He said he has seens signs for Ron Paul everywhere.

Well, we started talking about politics, and everything he said was what Ron Paul believed. Constitution, state rights, War on drugs, S.S., war on terror, Iraq war. By far the easiest convert I have made yet.

Also, later on I was outside smoking with some guys from another team and one noticed my shirt and said, Hey I am voting for Ron Paul because of his tough stance on Imigration. I said sweet. I am voting for Ron Paul because I love freedom.

Certainly makes you feel great.

P.S. I bowled a 186, 199, and then bombed in the third game with a 125. Stupid ringing 7 pins. :D

FYI: Bowling itself is a game of defiance to the King.. The game of ninepins used to be played in taverns with much gambling, until the King passed an edict that 'No one be permitted to play a game with nine pins'

So they added 1 to make it 10 pins - ala Bowling.

IRO-bot
11-16-2007, 06:13 AM
FYI: Bowling itself is a game of defiance to the King.. The game of ninepins used to be played in taverns with much gambling, until the King passed an edict that 'No one be permitted to play a game with nine pins'

So they added 1 to make it 10 pins - ala Bowling.

My ball driller told me that story. The guy knows all about bowling history. Great history in it though.