PDA

View Full Version : The KET interview from victory night

Jeremy
05-27-2012, 11:20 AM
http://www.ket.org/cgi-bin/cheetah/watch_video.pl?nola=KELEC_002501&altdir=&template=

About 46 minutes.

The dem is also interviewed right after him. He appears to be a bad candidate and says he likes Krugman. XD

Sola_Fide
05-27-2012, 05:59 PM
I've heard Tom say what he said in his interview several times now since Tuesday. This election was a coalition of 3 groups:

1. the Tea Party movement
2. the Liberty movement
3. Reagan conservatives

He's warned the media several times now not to "truncate the narrative" and make this ONLY about the Tea Party. Obviously the media is ignoring the warning.

Anyway, what I think is so genius about the Massie win and the Ron/Rand movement going forward is this (I think) unbeatable coalition of the 3 groups. I think this coalition can win nationally too.

Jeremy
05-27-2012, 08:59 PM
I've heard Tom say what he said in his interview several times now since Tuesday. This election was a coalition of 3 groups:

1. the Tea Party movement
2. the Liberty movement
3. Reagan conservatives

He's warned the media several times now not to "truncate the narrative" and make this ONLY about the Tea Party. Obviously the media is ignoring the warning.

Anyway, what I think is so genius about the Massie win and the Ron/Rand movement going forward is this (I think) unbeatable coalition of the 3 groups. I think this coalition can win nationally too. Rand Paul never separated #1 and #2. It makes more sense the way Thomas said it though.

Sola_Fide
05-27-2012, 09:02 PM
Rand Paul never separated #1 and #2. It makes more sense the way Thomas said it though.

Yes. One of the things that has impressed me so far is that Thomas hasn't run from the Liberty movement like Rand sometimes has in public.

economics102
06-01-2012, 12:55 AM
Yes. One of the things that has impressed me so far is that Thomas hasn't run from the Liberty movement like Rand sometimes has in public.

I don't think it's fair to say Rand was running away from the liberty movement.

The media (accurately) portrayed Rand Paul as one of the most prominent leaders of the tea party. Rand saw an opportunity to steer the sizeable tea party movement toward the cause of liberty and fight the attempt of establishment candidates to co-opt it. Of course, this in hindsight seems to have been unsuccessful.

But still, not a bad strategy.

Massie's strategy makes sense too.

To each their own!

BamaFanNKy
06-03-2012, 10:29 AM

Hmmm. Not sure what you mean? Most point to the Moffett stuff but, to be fair..... Moffett was given a shot to host a fundraiser and other things for Rand in Primary and did not do anything. If I remember he didn't even donate till Palin event. Meanwhile, David Williams spoke out for Rand in Primary.

Sola_Fide
06-04-2012, 08:16 AM
Hmmm. Not sure what you mean? Most point to the Moffett stuff but, to be fair..... Moffett was given a shot to host a fundraiser and other things for Rand in Primary and did not do anything. If I remember he didn't even donate till Palin event. Meanwhile, David Williams spoke out for Rand in Primary.

Yeah, I guess it is more of my personal opinion on Rand's style that I was talking about. Piggybacking off what Jeremy said, it seemed like Rand has tailored his public persona as a reflection of "the tea party" rather than a figure in the Liberty movement. It seems like Rand is always aligning himself only with Tea Partiers, identifying himself as one, etc. Not that I am against what he is doing. I see the strategy in it for sure. But I really liked that Thomas has separated the Liberty movement from the Tea Party movement as supports for his campaign. Stylistically, I just like it better. Who knows...