PDA

View Full Version : Krugman: Scientists Should Falsely Predict Alien Invasion So Government Will Spend More Mo

donnay
05-26-2012, 04:02 PM
Krugman: Scientists Should Falsely Predict Alien Invasion So Government Will Spend More Money

Last year New York Times columnist and Nobel laureate Paul Krugman called for space aliens to invade earth so that the government would spend money to mount a defense thereby stimulating the economy.

As aliens have yet to comply with Krugman's wishes, he advocated on HBO's Real Time Friday that scientists should get together and lie about an imminent attack to boost federal spending (video follows with transcript and commentary):

Continued... (http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2012/05/26/krugman-scientists-should-falsely-predict-alien-invasion-so-governmen)

Anti Federalist
05-26-2012, 04:09 PM
I, for one, welcome our new alien overlords.

The ultimate false flag.

thoughtomator
05-26-2012, 04:13 PM
Krugman's economic "expertise" is nothing more than a religious belief in the Broken Window Fallacy.

Ronulus
05-26-2012, 04:18 PM
Of course by spending that money on things like Rail Guns etc to somehow stop aliens, the price of food and living will come down. Great boost to the economy. Devalue the dollar further so that savings is wiped out, but people can pay off their 'debts' that are now nothing. Even if the debts where paid off from inflation, it would cause more debt as people would have to borrow money, as their now saved up amount is not fit to pay their pills or live off of. Krugman needs to be wiped from the history books and put in a looney bin.

Voluntary Man
05-26-2012, 04:55 PM
has anyone seen the space cash episode of Southpark?

James Madison
05-26-2012, 05:08 PM
Of course by spending that money on things like Rail Guns etc to somehow stop aliens, the price of food and living will come down. Great boost to the economy. Devalue the dollar further so that savings is wiped out, but people can pay off their 'debts' that are now nothing. Even if the debts where paid off from inflation, it would cause more debt as people would have to borrow money, as their now saved up amount is not fit to pay their pills or live off of. Krugman needs to be wiped from the history books and put in a looney bin.

Nah, but the MIC will make record profits....and then it, like, trickles down or some shit like that...ah who the hell are we kidding? The Keynesians do whatever their insane masters tell them to.

luctor-et-emergo
05-26-2012, 05:12 PM
'Scientists should get together ... Lie about stuff ... To benefit mankind'

Hmmm... Global warming didn't work... Aliens ?

http://infolist.us/wp-content/uploads/2012/history-channel-aliens-guy-meme-i0.jpg

Somehow I'm curious what the chaos and distress would look like if the MSM would use their 'powers' to 24/7 broadcast warnings over some bogus alien invasion... I really think Krugman is wrong, society would break down, people would get killed, I don't see a benefit there for the economy.

devil21
05-26-2012, 05:24 PM
Sounds like Krugman has done his research on Project Blue Beam.

Seraphim
05-26-2012, 05:50 PM
Oh Krugman, how I wish I could drop kick you.

John F Kennedy III
05-26-2012, 05:51 PM
I, for one, welcome our new alien overlords.

The ultimate false flag.

^^^

Anti Federalist
05-26-2012, 06:07 PM
http://infolist.us/wp-content/uploads/2012/history-channel-aliens-guy-meme-i0.jpg

http://memecrunch.com/meme/1NDE/ariens/image.png

tttppp
05-26-2012, 06:07 PM
I heard him say this on the Bill Maher show. Complete idiot. He stated we are in a depression, which is true, but stated the way to solve it is to increase wasteful spending.

NewRightLibertarian
05-26-2012, 06:11 PM
Krugman needs to be jailed.

Massachusetts
05-26-2012, 06:13 PM
Sounds like a good idea. Sign me up to be a space alien government worker ASAP! :rolleyes:

awake
05-26-2012, 06:32 PM
Let's follow Krusty Krugman's logic: Nuke all of civilization except a few thousand people; jobs for everyone! Unemployment would instantly become a usless term.

axiomata
05-26-2012, 06:40 PM
Let's follow Krusty Krugman's logic: Nuke all of civilization except a few thousand people; jobs for everyone! Unemployment would instantly become a usless term.

90% of which would be unmechanized farming.

Voluntary Man
05-26-2012, 06:51 PM
any ETs intelligent enough to get to us, before we get to them, would meet our "leaders," laugh their little green asses off, conclude we were dumb as cattle, and would immediately begin treating us accordingly.

NoOneButPaul
05-26-2012, 07:56 PM
The last and greatest false flag...

The sad part is I think this day will come, I just hope Krugman saying something so stupid now makes the people more skeptical later.

Voluntary Man
05-26-2012, 08:05 PM
The last and greatest false flag...

The sad part is I think this day will come, I just hope Krugman saying something so stupid now makes the people more skeptical later.

it won't be the last.

pcosmar
05-26-2012, 08:18 PM
Because Paul Krugman says so,,

in a metallic synthesized voice

:p

Lafayette
05-26-2012, 08:22 PM
Sounds like Krugman has done his research on Project Blue Beam.

He probably came up with the Idea, must be how he got his Nobel prize.

NoOneButPaul
05-26-2012, 08:22 PM
it won't be the last.

If you're to believe Von Braun's alleged belief that aliens invading was the last card for world government then it is... but maybe it won't be the last.

But it certainly seems to be the absolute best card to play. Where else could you go in false flags after that that would have as much of an effect?

Voluntary Man
05-26-2012, 09:08 PM
If you're to believe Von Braun's alleged belief that aliens invading was the last card for world government then it is... but maybe it won't be the last.

But it certainly seems to be the absolute best card to play. Where else could you go in false flags after that that would have as much of an effect?

the default bogeyman of all tyrannies is "terrorism." a martian flag may help establish a global tyranny, but it will be the perpetual cry of "terrorism" that will keep it...if it can be kept.

Victor Grey
05-26-2012, 09:33 PM
Is there no better way to show just how far out Krugman and his ilk are, than to simply show he stated this?

I can't think of one, can you? A fake alien invasion simply in order to get more government money spent, is pretty much as far out a suggestion as I can imagine.
I know he's not kidding. Good Gag, he's actually serious. Satire be darned, If people bought it, he would actually do this. Or anything else just as false. I fully believe so.
That is the only thing standing in his way; figuring out the conveyance method to b.s. the people at large into any random spending of money by government.

He would do anything to get the government to spend. In complete willingness; disregarding any consideration of how inefficient or pointless the spending focus would be. Even manufacture complete ridiculous lies. To me he's to economics, as to guy that's cold who'd sets fire to the nearest wall. The neanderthal economist. "Hulk spend."

To me his disposition is just as innately bat raving crazy, as the suggestion itself.

specsaregood
05-26-2012, 10:07 PM
any ETs intelligent enough to get to us, before we get to them, would meet our "leaders," laugh their little green asses off, conclude we were dumb as cattle, and would immediately begin treating us accordingly.

why do you think they've been fattening us up? rest assured, they already have done what you said and the slaughter is coming.

mczerone
05-26-2012, 10:10 PM
If krugman actually believes this horseshit, why doesn't he take his mine and recruit his largest money friends to become a world threatening supervillian? He could blow up some buildings here and there and threaten nuclear war if we don't become his slaves.

Either he would succeed and be able to run the world in his utopian visions, or he would "stimulate spending" to combat him. It would be a win-win from his POV - except for the fact that he would be held liable and would likely be killed. I guess that's why he wants someone else to do it.

Thinking about it this way, I can almost understand the US policy to be the terrorist of the world that it has become.

Eisenhower
05-26-2012, 10:19 PM
well i did say to beware the military industrial complex

Anti Federalist
05-26-2012, 10:41 PM
why do you think they've been fattening us up? rest assured, they already have done what you said and the slaughter is coming.

"If your intention was to make Sarok the Preparer cry, well..."

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTjd432wc665d_Yj9ZS0BrbYygqCuJrm p2lwogWL8QVGyvdBpjYs8kV8l9PiQ

donnay
05-26-2012, 10:54 PM
Krugman needs to be jailed.

I totally agree. These are the people who come out in plain view with the globalists plan.

NewRightLibertarian
05-26-2012, 10:59 PM
Personally, I don't think the government has what it takes to pull off some fake alien invasion or fake Jesus ressurection to dupe us into accepting a tyrannical one world dictatorship. But you never know what type of mad science they are working on behind closed doors. IMO. they'll stick with their bread and butter until the bitter end: staging some terror attacks, dropping some bombs, having boots on the ground armed with all kinds of weaponry and a legion of apologists doing their bidding calling whoever is getting shot at 'terrorists.' Why re-invent the wheel, you know?

Kluge
05-26-2012, 11:00 PM
I totally agree. These are the people who come out in plain view with the globalists plan.

Jailed? He should be stashed away in an insane asylum. He's out of his damn mind and has been for a long time.

tttppp
05-26-2012, 11:27 PM
Personally, I don't think the government has what it takes to pull off some fake alien invasion or fake Jesus ressurection to dupe us into accepting a tyrannical one world dictatorship. But you never know what type of mad science they are working on behind closed doors. IMO. they'll stick with their bread and butter until the bitter end: staging some terror attacks, dropping some bombs, having boots on the ground armed with all kinds of weaponry and a legion of apologists doing their bidding calling whoever is getting shot at 'terrorists.' Why re-invent the wheel, you know?

They did a pretty good job staging 9/11. Who knows what they would do?

donnay
05-26-2012, 11:30 PM
Jailed? He should be stashed away in an insane asylum. He's out of his damn mind and has been for a long time.

Yes and so are the people who pull his strings and hijack governments from behind closed doors. They are all psychopaths--AKA: Globalist.

If all these al Qeada terrorist under everyone's bed doesn't do the trick, they are planning an alien invasion using holographic technology as their last ditch effort to get people to beg for government to intervene and take all our liberty for the sake of our security.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pw9Iflc6tsU&feature=related

ETA:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ULQeeV4_HI&feature=related

Anti Federalist
05-26-2012, 11:35 PM
While it's fun and easy to bash Krugman (like shooting tuna fish in a teacup) and interesting to speculate on a "false flag" possibility, there is no reason for government to go to all the trouble.

Not when they have the perfect false flag terror weapon already.

Engineered bio-weapons.

pcosmar
05-26-2012, 11:38 PM
Yes and so are the people who pull his strings and hijack governments from behind closed doors. They are all psychopaths--AKA: Globalist.

If all these al Qeada terrorist under everyone's bed doesn't do the trick, they are planning an alien invasion using holographic technology as their last ditch effort to get people to beg for government to intervene and take all our liberty for the sake of our security.

Invasion ??
I expect they will be trotted out as our "salvation" from global catastrophe,, and a one World Government as well.

Perhaps right after they kick off WWIII.

FindLiberty
05-27-2012, 01:38 AM
Welcome those green/grey skinned friends! Those Aliens may come to "liberate" us (like we did for Iraq).

Later we finally notice, we are fatter but less free, our living conditions are much worse and "It's a Cook Book"!

Might all just be for some Alien fun, like Mars Attacks. (boy, magnifying glass, sunlight and some ants.)

Obama does not stand a chance if Romney promotes the Alien Stimulus idea, 'cause Ron Paul would win!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jth4yATniS4&feature=relmfu

John F Kennedy III
05-27-2012, 03:12 AM

Well there is this one theory...

John F Kennedy III
05-27-2012, 03:18 AM

For what it's worth, I believe we have retro-engineered saucers.

PaulConventionWV
05-27-2012, 06:05 AM
Krugman: Scientists Should Falsely Predict Alien Invasion So Government Will Spend More Money

Last year New York Times columnist and Nobel laureate Paul Krugman called for space aliens to invade earth so that the government would spend money to mount a defense thereby stimulating the economy.

As aliens have yet to comply with Krugman's wishes, he advocated on HBO's Real Time Friday that scientists should get together and lie about an imminent attack to boost federal spending (video follows with transcript and commentary):

Continued... (http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-sheppard/2012/05/26/krugman-scientists-should-falsely-predict-alien-invasion-so-governmen)

As if the government needed an excuse to spend more money.

Danke
05-27-2012, 06:29 AM

I think he is suffering PDSD from an alien abduction. I can recognize the symptoms.

Danke
05-27-2012, 06:31 AM
One of the comments: "At least Krugman knows that only a massive deception is required before people agree with him."