PDA

View Full Version : Proven: Elizabeth Warren called herself a “woman of color”

Agorism
05-26-2012, 10:21 AM
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/05/25/elizabeth-warren-identified-as-woman-of-color-in-1993-publication
The people who put together one of those “women of color” directories describe their methodology:

http://cdn.breitbart.com/mediaserver/Breitbart/Big-Government/2012/05/25/warren-red.jpg

Once the initial compilation of biographical and bibliographical material was completed, we attempted to verify our data by sending each of the more than 250 women listed a facsimile of the information pertaining to her. Approximately sixty-five percent of the women responded. We were pleased that several women helped to improve our list by putting us in touch with their colleagues whose names did not appear in the AALS [Association of American Law Schools] directory.

In a final verification effort, we attempted to telephone those women who failed to respond to our initial inquiry to clear up discrepancies in our data. We should also note that because we thought it important to allow each woman to decide whether to be included under the rubric of “women of color currently teaching law,” those who so requested were deleted from this guide. [emphasis added]

Harvard also reported Elizabeth Warren’s Indian ancestry to the federal government for 6 years

But for at least six straight years during Warren’s tenure, Harvard University reported in federally mandated diversity statistics that it had a Native American woman in its senior ranks at the law school. According to both Harvard officials and federal guidelines, those statistics are almost always based on the way employees describe themselves.

In addition, both Harvard’s guidelines and federal regulations for the statistics lay out a specific definition of Native American that Warren does not meet.

The documents suggest for the first time that either Warren or a Harvard administrator classified her repeatedly as Native American in papers prepared for the government in a way that apparently did not adhere to federal diversity guidelines. They raise further questions about Warren’s statements that she was unaware Harvard was promoting her as Native American.

[...]

The US Department of Labor requires large employers to collect diversity statistics annually and suggests they be based on employees’ classification of themselves. In cases in which employees do not self-identify, federal regulations allow some administrators to make judgment calls on the correct categories using “employment records or observer identification.’’

The administrator responsible for Harvard Law School’s faculty diversity statistics from 1996 to 2004, the period in question, was Alan Ray, a citizen of the Cherokee Nation who, like Warren, has fair skin, blue eyes, and Oklahoma roots.

[...]

In the years before Warren first came to Harvard Law, the school was under intense pressure to diversify its faculty. In 1990, Derrick Bell, a prominent black law professor, went on a one-man strike, taking an unpaid leave of absence to protest the fact that the law school had not yet brought a black female academic permanently on board. He was dismissed from the faculty.

The same year, the Department of Labor audited Harvard’s diversity practices based on its affirmative action plan, the thick census and policy document all major employers are required to compile each year and make available to the department on request. Also in 1990, 12 students sued the law school, alleging it discriminated against academic job applicants on the basis of race and gender.

The suit was ultimately dismissed when a judge ruled the students had not demonstrated that they were “persons aggrieved.’’ Harvard agreed to remedy 10 violations the Labor Department identified, bringing the audit to an end.

oyarde
05-26-2012, 10:23 AM
OK , what color? I guess I could be a person of 'color" too...

angelatc
05-26-2012, 10:46 AM
The documents suggest for the first time that either Warren or a Harvard administrator classified her repeatedly as Native American in papers prepared for the government in a way that apparently did not adhere to federal diversity guidelines.

Obviously it was an administrator. Warren clearly said she only wanted to do lunch with the other colored people, or something.

In Before LimitedGovernment.

Drex
05-26-2012, 10:49 AM
http://cosmetic-candy.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/orange3_fn.jpg
This, is a woman of color.

MelissaWV
05-26-2012, 10:49 AM
Eh it's a joke and it's worth scamming, but now she's in the public eye about it.

If she were very smart, she would have had the statistics in her back pocket already and been prepared to talk about the topic of diversity and what it means to be "of color" and what "advantages" that conveys in today's society as it pertains to these Federal programs.

oyarde
05-26-2012, 10:56 AM
Eh it's a joke and it's worth scamming, but now she's in the public eye about it.

If she were very smart, she would have had the statistics in her back pocket already and been prepared to talk about the topic of diversity and what it means to be "of color" and what "advantages" that conveys in today's society as it pertains to these Federal programs. Yeah , she is not prepared for anything , that I have seen.

John F Kennedy III
05-26-2012, 11:17 AM

Me too.

Bane Of The State
05-27-2012, 12:04 AM
A person of a pale pink color.

FrankRep
05-27-2012, 09:05 AM
A person of a pale pink color.
Pink is a color too darn it!

oyarde
05-27-2012, 11:34 AM
A person of a pale pink color. I was thinking more of a pale yellow .

thoughtomator
05-27-2012, 01:01 PM
She's a cheater and an unprosecuted felon. And to think I once had such high hopes for her, back in the heady days of TARP.

osan
05-27-2012, 02:11 PM

Exactly. This "of color" thing is a load of crap. If we are going to keep it scientific, so to speak, then white people are those of the most color, given what we know of the nature of light. Stupid PC nonsense.