PDA

View Full Version : Demand a Debate Ron Paul vs Mitt Romney

row333au
05-25-2012, 12:42 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/575324_332654213473548_253409344731369_799283_1646 616844_n.jpg

AlexG
05-25-2012, 12:42 PM
Aint gonna happen. The media has ignored Ron Paul this whole time and you expect them to give him a primetime debate against their nominee?

G-Wohl
05-25-2012, 01:20 PM
CNN's ratings are at their lowest levels in 20 years. If a grassroots campaign can sufficiently provide evidence that this will help their ratings slump, then it will, at the very least, be a possible method of promoting a more fair and factual offering of journalism on television. If CNN doesn't provide, then we will have made a punching bag for "the internet" to wreak havoc against. A red herring in some respects, but it will still be a good way to promote a message. There's nothing to lose by doing this, granted we can generate an objective and sourced claim towards this event benefiting CNN's viewership ratings.

wgadget
05-25-2012, 01:24 PM
Yes. If CNN cares about their ratings, they should jump on it...Otherwise, they're just another arm of the Propaganda Ministry, IMO.

realtonygoodwin
05-25-2012, 01:27 PM
There would be no reason for Romney to attend. (From his perspective)

LawnWake
05-25-2012, 01:29 PM
Yes, CNN wants people to know that Paul is still in the race and open up the possibility to more funding to his campaign.

NoOneButPaul
05-25-2012, 01:35 PM
Even if CNN agreed there's 0 chance Romney would allow himself to look like the fool that he is.

row333au
05-25-2012, 01:38 PM
If you're a true American who wants nothing more but to fight for the lives of everyone you love to really truly live their lives without tyranny then make this happen....

clydethevoter
05-25-2012, 01:40 PM
I called CNN and the way they talked to me was that they would host it if both campaigns endorsed the idea of the debate, we need to be focusing on Romney's camp and not CNN

clydethevoter
05-25-2012, 01:41 PM
Also lets focus on getting a debate at the national convention, we need to convince the delegates, all the other sheep are meaningless.

Todd
05-25-2012, 01:42 PM
Not going to happen friend.

Elwar
05-25-2012, 01:43 PM
"Hello Mr. Romney, would you like to go on TV and give weight to the idea that you are not the presumed nominee and that you have to answer questions about your credibility as a conservative even though you need to start focussing on the Democrat and Independent vote? Oh, by the way, you will also be giving Ron Paul half of the speaking time, more time than all other debates combined. Sound good?"

KingNothing
05-25-2012, 01:47 PM
What incentive does Romney have to do this? Absolutely no chance the two debate.

wgadget
05-25-2012, 02:08 PM
Expose him as a coward, then. Plan B.

kathy88
05-25-2012, 02:47 PM
Convince the Romney "supporters" to push it. Push the idea that it will be good practice before the "real show" against Obama... blah blah blah..... Good for rallying the troops around Mitt, garner more support for Mitt...... etc... Make it look like Ron would be "taking one for the team" by debating Romney's awesome skillz. LOL.

PGH for Paul
05-25-2012, 02:50 PM
First of all, thanks to the many of you who post and push the agenda forward each day. *This may be my first post but I check this site daily and use it to help convert those who have not yet heard the message.

Had an idea I was about to post a couple weeks ago but held up after hearing all the confusion about Paul dropping out. *It deals with the debate issues so I thought I would share:

The idea:
Paul would destroy Mitt in a debate.
Mittens will not debate Paul one on one and knows he likely does not have to.
Let's force Romney's hand with a MoneyBomb for charity if Mitt agrees to a debate.
How much would Ron Paul supporters pay for this opportunity?
Imagine if we had a few million dollars raised / pledged and the only thing holding it up was Romney's cowardice.*

We get the debate we dream about...
Paul supporters get positive praise...
We raise money for a great cause...

I am sure everyone can brainstorm an appealing charity that would needs the funds and would make Mitt look heartless if he declined.**

dude58677
05-25-2012, 02:50 PM
Why not get Rachel Maddow to host her own debate? Rachel will do it, Paul will do it, but Romney won't and the public won't think of Romney as a coward esp that they are not aware of the State GOP conventions.

JasonM
05-25-2012, 03:08 PM
Why not get Rachel Maddow to host her own debate? Rachel will do it, Paul will do it, but Romney won't and the public won't think of Romney as a coward esp that they are not aware of the State GOP conventions.

Looks like someone just volunteered! Let me know how it goes friend.

Elwar
05-25-2012, 05:54 PM

Rachel would spend the time asking about their positions on ancient bills like the chinese rail worker rights bill of 1824. Then use it as proof of Ron Paul's racism.

Danan
05-25-2012, 06:06 PM
First of all, thanks to the many of you who post and push the agenda forward each day. *This may be my first post but I check this site daily and use it to help convert those who have not yet heard the message.

Had an idea I was about to post a couple weeks ago but held up after hearing all the confusion about Paul dropping out. *It deals with the debate issues so I thought I would share:

The idea:
Let's force Romney's hand with a MoneyBomb for charity if Mitt agrees to a debate.
Imagine if we had a few million dollars raised / pledged and the only thing holding it up was Romney's cowardice.*

I am sure everyone can brainstorm an appealing charity that would needs the funds and would make Mitt look heartless if he declined.**

The same idea like the Murphy vs. Krugman debate. 60,000$ to a food bank is not enough of an incentive for him to attend. But the idea is really great. And because it's no campaign funding people who maxed out could participate too.

To put pressure on Romney is the only way to ever make a debate happen. He wouldn't like headlines saying that he is either a coward or heartless.

walt
05-25-2012, 06:19 PM
Not a bad idea.

Better ideas:
- Call for the firing of Jesse Benton and replace him and then do this.

- Have Rachel Maddow on MSNBC invite both and say if one doesn't attend the other candidate will get the all of the allocated time (this would drive Romney insane)

dude58677
05-25-2012, 06:29 PM
Why not just run one attack ad on Romney?

alucard13mmfmj
05-25-2012, 06:49 PM
Ron would have to do some name calling...
"Romney is a coward for refusing to debating a "low tier" candidate such as myself... How can Romney debate Obama and the Democratic Party machine? I am still in the race and I'm getting a lot of delegates!"

row333au
05-25-2012, 09:18 PM
Since the start of the GOP presidential nomination race with 10 candidates from last year had multiple times of public open debate required by law in order to give the public an access to the nominee for which they will elect to represent them. This is the only way to establish a nominee's righteous place by a way through debating using their solutions and what they are going to bring in with their helping the people and the country as a whole.

Because rallies and delegate campaigns are too localize and limiting to the open public to get involve in creating knowledge where their decision will be base on.

The public with its pressure and those public delegates involve, unites in exposing the wrongness and the truth of a candidate as well as the truer picture of events and more honest results, which then eliminates the bad candidate from the nominations.

If you are hiding something then you wouldn't have a public debate which makes you culpable to wrong doings. This is not about private agenda, private strategies or private laws onto themselves (ultra rich, mega politicians and super celebrity having favorable higher law than the rest of the public) - the government is the ownership of the collective people who lives in this country as the public are the majority by several millions to 1 of them.

Remember collectively the public people provides nearly 90% of the governments money (as the ultra and mega rich, the corporations and cronies pay higher tax but gets to have them back as returns with interest for inconveniencing them..... that's why Ron Paul knew the scam of income tax because the rest of public gets a diminutive returns with less access and share to what they are paying for but penalize for being public).

It is far more critical now than ever to continue the open approach in deciding a public servant to serve its people in the highest authority of the land. And much more now when we are at the final two prior to the most important event.

Appealing to Romney or his camp is like appealing to nothing and never give them the upper hand. Suggestion wise.... Public pressure is the key in doing this by boycotting CNN as a public manipulator who does not want to help the public plea...... backlash to their stocks, advertisers and marketing to down turn effect their revenue....

Feelgood
05-25-2012, 09:40 PM
This has as much a chance of happening as the Fed ever being fully audited. NEVER gonna happen!

Thanehand
05-25-2012, 09:50 PM
Others have said it, but I just posted this in a similar thread this evening:

It will *never* happen. To do so would force the media to acknowledge that Ron Paul is, in fact, still in the race. And that, is the LAST thing that the GOP and the Romney camp want to happen. Although it may do some of the things that this vlog mentions, it would likely also completely reinvigorate Ron Paul supporters even more than they already are.

alucard13mmfmj
05-25-2012, 09:57 PM
now that i think about it. bad idea.

-Unless Ron is gonna attack romney at the debate to make romney look bad.. it'll do us no good. The reason is, most likely Ron will be asked biased questions. "why havnt you won a state yet?" "do you still hold the same views as your racist newsletters?" "why is santorum still beating you in half the states?"

It is going to be a loaded trap. Unless Ron does some clever redirecting of questions to bash romney... it is fruitless.

ALTHOUGH, anything can happen.

satchelmcqueen
05-25-2012, 10:31 PM
push this people. im in for $100 if this is put in place!!

The idea:

jay_dub
05-25-2012, 11:03 PM
This has as much a chance of happening as the Fed ever being fully audited. NEVER gonna happen!

Ron Paul: House leadership to bring Audit the Fed legislation to vote in July

Texas Congressman and Republican Presidential candidate Ron Paul sent out a tweet on May 25th that House leader Eric Cantor has announced today that he will be bringing the Audit the Fed legislation to the House floor for discussion and a vote.

The Audit the Fed proposal and bill has been sitting in Congress since 2009, with a newly updated version appearing in the 2011/2012 Congressional record. Hundreds of co-sponsors from both sides of the aisle have signed onto the legislation, and today is the first time Republican leadership has willingly stepped out in support of the highly popular bill.

Auditing the Federal Reserve, and putting an end to the Fed, has been a decades long goal for Ron Paul. It has only been recently that his arguments have found fruitful ground with other members in Congress. Additionally, tt was only after the credit crisis of 2008, and the subsequent revelations that our central bank spent trillions in taxpayer dollars to bail out foreign banks that Congressman Paul garnered enough support in Congress to finally seek an audit of the private Federal Reserve.

As the global financial system teeters on the cusp of another recession, and nations throughout the Eurozone fall to economic insolvency, the time appears right for Congress to finally address the issue of the Federal Reserve, especially before their original 100-year charter expires.

It took decades, and a great deal of work in both Congress, and in public opinion, but Ron Paul appears to have finally achieved his goal of bringing legislation before the House floor to audit the Federal Reseve. Eric Cantor's decision as a prime leader in the Republican party to bring the bill before Congress in July will have staggering effects on what the Fed may have to reveal in subpoened testimony, and what efforts they may be handcuffed from doing going forward if the economy continues to decline.

http://www.examiner.com/article/ron-paul-house-leadership-to-bring-audit-the-fed-legislation-to-vote-july

http://www.jesusismybuddy.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/returnoftheflyingpigscropped_1.jpg

Feelgood
05-25-2012, 11:20 PM
I already saw that article, and knowing how corrupt our government is, I stand by my statement.

row333au
05-26-2012, 06:57 PM
Luke 6:35; Eph. 2:10, When good men do nothing, they get nothing good done.
To be good, one must do good. The Lord commands his people to do good.

Ephesians 6:12, “For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.”

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

Time and again those who profess to be good seem to clearly outnumber those who are evil, yet those who are evil seem to prevail far too often. Seldom is it the numbers that determine the outcome, but whether those who claim to be good men are willing to stand up and fight for what they know to be right.

Communists (left extreme liberals) and Fascist/Nazis (right extreme conservatives) are liars! They speak of it as a financial and social success; but it is a path to poverty and tyranny for the whole masses as those on the top of management of wealth and power are the extremes of capitalism crony corporatism as well as making themselves the ruling class. To the same degree that Americans are being forced to rely upon the government for everything (big government - the ideology is different delivery but the results are the same), to that same extent they are becoming enslaved to absolute and merciless government control who are control by those extreme capitalist.

Comparable to total extremity of Liberty and anarchy where murder becomes part of freedom.... same if applied with capitalism; that is why we (society and 'the people') moderate capitalism under ethics and morality....

coffeewithchess
05-26-2012, 11:19 PM
Aint gonna happen. The media has ignored Ron Paul this whole time and you expect them to give him a primetime debate against their nominee?

And the campaign has ignored the media. Kind of interesting how it's a two way street.
Also, why should "we" demand anything? If anything the campaign should spend a few thousand of the MILLIONS they have raised, and actually produce a single Romney only attack ad, heck...why not just an Obama only attack ad now? You know...something to show the general public you still have a pulse?