PDA

View Full Version : What political message boards did you go to before Ronpaulforums and Daily Paul?

dude58677
05-25-2012, 09:32 AM
I used to debate at quatloos and US Constitution online, I debated because they weren't freedom websites. There was one political website called famguardian.org. It is still around and run by a man named Chris Hansen. It wasn't as active as this website.

VBRonPaulFan
05-25-2012, 09:42 AM
none, i was apathetic about politics before i found out about paul.

brandon
05-25-2012, 09:45 AM
I used to spend a whole lot less time on my computer, pre 2007. So none.

smartguy911
05-25-2012, 09:47 AM
POST LIKE THESE SHOULD BE MOVED TO "GENERAL POLITICS". THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH PLANNING OR CURRENT CAMPAIGN.

jbauer
05-25-2012, 09:48 AM
none this has replaced the time I wasted on sports boards

MelissaCato
05-25-2012, 10:52 AM
I always did defend the Constitution online everywhere I went - if I seen something I'd say something. I made alot of enemies online over the years too. LOL Then I found RPF. :D

Then I learned about Ron Paul and joined this forum, CFL, DownSize DC, MeetUps, FaceBook groups, Daily Paul, WorldTruth, and now Alex Jones Social Network. These are the only political sites besides my local topix.com forum for the most part. I do have my own Political blog though.

Mostly I just send letters instead of joining sites. Letters to say thanks to media anchors for saying nice things about Ron Paul or if they treat him like trash. :cool:

sailingaway
05-25-2012, 11:00 AM
I used to go to answers but it used to be better. If I go there now, there isn't much to keep me. I went to a few, briefly, based on a discussion topic at the time. That is how I heard of Ron Paul to begin with, during a money bomb. This is relevant to the campaign in that we should all revisit our old stomping grounds and let people know voting for Ron in Texas and Ca is the best and highest profile way to fight NDAA and civil liberties violations because you can be sure that will be in his convention speech and will be pushed in platform changes.

Texas is an open primary. We need civil libertarians to vote for Ron.

Anti Federalist
05-25-2012, 11:26 AM
Started out on pre web BBS and USENET systems.

First true "political" forum was Limbaugh's on the old Compuserve network.

Been banned off of Shamity's board about five times.

Was very active in a local board until the owner's gave it up.

Prison Planet boards and a couple of "paranormal" boards that I thought would be more "receptive" to "conspiracy theories". They were not.

Then found a home here.

Elwar
05-25-2012, 11:26 AM
I used to discuss liberty at http://forum.freestateproject.org/

Liberty discussions there were very advanced and I saw nothing like it until finding RPF.

Before that I used to discuss politics on ISCA BBS via Telnet in their Politics section. It was there that I rounded out my political beliefs mainly around being against the initiation of force as well as supporting the movement of power from central authority to the local level where you could have choices between a libertarian city and communist/fascist city. There was a communist that used to frequent that forum and though we disagreed on much, we respected each other the most because our thoughts and ideals came from principles as opposed to spouting off the latest propaganda.

IDefendThePlatform
05-25-2012, 11:36 AM
I did a couple of college football boards and that freestateproject board that Elwar posted, but only spent about 1/10000 as much time on them as Ive spent here.

trey4sports
05-25-2012, 11:39 AM
ecoustics and car audio forum were the biggest boards id post on. Still lurk every once in a while

dude58677
05-25-2012, 12:33 PM
I always did defend the Constitution online everywhere I went - if I seen something I'd say something. I made alot of enemies online over the years too. LOL Then I found RPF. :D

Then I learned about Ron Paul and joined this forum, CFL, DownSize DC, MeetUps, FaceBook groups, Daily Paul, WorldTruth, and now Alex Jones Social Network. These are the only political sites besides my local topix.com forum for the most part. I do have my own Political blog though.

Mostly I just send letters instead of joining sites. Letters to say thanks to media anchors for saying nice things about Ron Paul or if they treat him like trash. :cool:

I made enemies online as well. I was banned from quatloos 50 times(not exaggerating) and was threatened with jail time. That site has tax attorney's and IRS agents.

MelissaCato
05-25-2012, 12:59 PM
I made enemies online as well. I was banned from quatloos 50 times(not exaggerating) and was threatened with jail time. That site has tax attorney's and IRS agents.

I forgot to mention MySpace. I joined a discussion on MySpace in 2004 about the Constitution and Declaration of Independence. At first I just read for like the first 20 pages, it was like a hate fest ... it was all hate .. not one person said anything in it's defense. I was compelled to say something and I did vehemently. I was so proud of myself hitting submit.

Then, the next day I got a PM telling me how they were gonna hunt me down, string me up, cut me from head to toe and watch me bleed out. I was in tears for hours after that .. I never went back to MySpace.

But ya, I know what you mean, dude.

Austrian Econ Disciple
05-25-2012, 01:39 PM
I forgot to mention MySpace. I joined a discussion on MySpace in 2004 about the Constitution and Declaration of Independence. At first I just read for like the first 20 pages, it was like a hate fest ... it was all hate .. not one person said anything in it's defense. I was compelled to say something and I did vehemently. I was so proud of myself hitting submit.

Then, the next day I got a PM telling me how they were gonna hunt me down, string me up, cut me from head to toe and watch me bleed out. I was in tears for hours after that .. I never went back to MySpace.

But ya, I know what you mean, dude.

Apparently they don't know our movement too well. I think a few hundred 5.56 down range would compel them to leave you the hell alone. :p Internet tough-guys. Pssh.

mport1
05-25-2012, 02:22 PM
I used to post over at Political Crossfire message boards. Haven't been back there in years, but it looks like it is no more.

thoughtomator
05-25-2012, 02:27 PM
proudly banned 3x each from both freerepublic.com and democraticunderground.com

also banned from libertypost.org when the owner decided she wanted to be an Israel-uber-alles pro-Newt booster and that anyone else was unwelcome

LibertysFlame.com is still a good place, although most of my online interactions these days are through Twitter or financial sites (since the real action in this world is happening in the capital markets).

Captain Shays
05-25-2012, 03:07 PM
Back in 1999 I cut my politicial teeth at a site called Political Wag. There were a lot of heavy hitters there. It was all mixed up between all the idealogies. Everyone seemed like they were super well informed. I went there knowing nothing and had never in my life read the Constitution, the Federalist Papers or any 0ther founding documents hence I was pretty liberal though I later found out that I was really a libertarian. Debating hot and heavy with the libertarians, Republicans, Democrats, Greens etc really gave me an education that I think is worth $$tens of thousands. It really cannot be measured. Wag lasted a few years and in 2000 someone suggested tha I read an article by some guy named Ron Paul titled "Sorry Mr Franklin We're All Democrats Now". The guy instantly became my hero. I didn't know what he looked like or what his voice sounded like. All i knew was that we needed more people like him in our government. In fact, I thought he was tall and handsome and a great oritor. Then I read a few more things he wrote and had to find out who he was and what he looked like. I was knowlced over when I saw this little old man. lol

Later I spent a lot of time at a place called Free Speech America. I wish there were people here who I knew at those two places so we could go over some of those great debates we had.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
05-25-2012, 07:45 PM
None. I'd already grown tired of fighting this shit in real life with little support.

Wait, I used to debate now and then back on USENET I guess, if that counts.