PDA

View Full Version : Nebraska: Stay out of the way!

pebcak
05-25-2012, 09:04 AM
The grassroots in Nebraska has been working hard for months to acquire delegates and hold training meetings without the campaign's support. Back in February before the delegate deadline when it really counted, we were begging for their help, and they didn't want to do anything. Nebraska is different from other states in that we cannot go charging in like we own the place, because we would lose everything. The campaign doesn't understand that. So now suddenly, two weeks before county conventions, they send a man on the ground. He wants to take over, take our information, and start running the show, when actually they could ruin this whole thing by exposing RP delegates before the county conventions.

It's extremely frustrating. They have refused to listen to any of our advice on the workings of our state, and continue to do their own thing which counteracts the efforts that the grassroots have been building. :mad:

lib3rtarian
05-25-2012, 09:09 AM
I would say the grassroots leaders get together (if you have such folks - i hope you have CD/county level coordinators) and make a call on this. Do you even know if this is a legit guy from the campaign and not a mole? Either way, if it's against your better judgement, tell the empty suit to FO. NE is likely a state which the campaign knows jackshit about, local GOP culture wise.

pebcak
05-25-2012, 09:30 AM
NE is likely a state which the campaign knows jackshit about, local GOP culture wise.

You are absolutely right there. And he is definitely legit because he sent out mass emails to every Paul supporter on their list (and probably many moles) in the state last night, in spite of our stern concerns against it, and even while we were hosting a delegate meeting at the time. The leadership here stays tightly informed, and we have no plans to share any information with the campaign at this time or it would just cause confusion among the county delegates... more than already has been done.

lib3rtarian
05-25-2012, 09:39 AM
It's really weird that the campaign is doing this, trying to shoot themselves on the foot. This is probably just that guy trying to make himself look important in front of the campaign. Where did he get the contact list from? Is it the donor list from NE the campaign supplied, or is the contact list the grassroots accumulated?

In NC, although we have a state coordinator appointed by the campaign, she happened to be someone who was already in the movement being a state coordinator for C4L, so she just deferred the delegate strategy to the Paulites already familiar with the process from '08.

pebcak
05-25-2012, 10:21 AM
We are also the C4L people in the state, and the people who did this in '08. It seems we have some trust issues with the campaign, and they are no longer responding to us. We're not sure who the email blast went out to. It does seem that they are calling all of the delegates in the state though and conducting polls, whose phone numbers can be gotten from each county's election commissioner or county clerk. My guess is the email blast went out to everyone on their master list for Nebraska. The problem is that it tips off the establishment in the state and could make the conventions a much more difficult process for us.

Edit: I'm glad that's how they did things in NC. That's how it should have been here, and had it gone that way months ago we'd be having much more success in the coming conventions.

Badger Paul
05-25-2012, 10:43 AM
"He wants to take over, take our information, and start running the show, when actually they could ruin this whole thing by exposing RP delegates before the county conventions."

I knew it.

Well, the only I would tell this gentlemen whoever he is that since the national campaign is no longer interested in winning he can watch what you do and that's it. Otherwise he can get his ass on a flight out of Omaha and leave the state.

Do not let yourself be taken over. You're the campaign. Make that very clear to him.

pebcak
05-25-2012, 10:51 AM
It goes beyond that. To have maximum results here will require some coalition building with other anti-Romney forces. Something that cannot be easily achieved by outsiders, or by waving a Ron Paul banner.

tsai3904
05-25-2012, 11:01 AM
This reminds me of what happened in another state several months ago. All you can really do is explain your position to the campaign and hope they understand.

RDM
05-25-2012, 11:25 AM
I hope this is a BIG WAKE UP CALL to those "BLIND" believers in the Campaign. Many on here have said that the campaign is unprofessionally run and this RIGHT HERE proves such. I'm glad to see many within the grassroots are "growing balls" and pushing forward with energy and determination. If we could only get 90% on this forum to "grow some balls", we could be a force to be reckoned with.

pebcak
05-31-2012, 07:37 PM
Sad to say things are not getting better. The campaign sent out another email blast and the Republican Party has caught on.
http:// objectiveconservative.blogspot.com/2012/05/ron-paul-still-seeking-nebraska.html

Now the party is phone banking the Omaha area to gotv for the convention. Good work, guys. It's not like we didn't tell you this would happen.