PDA

View Full Version : Summer Reading for the Libertarian

pintbottlepress
05-25-2012, 08:32 AM
Forgive this shameless plug for my book, but it's my way of spreading the same message that this forum advocates. Plus, I figure that the scarcity of material explicitly dedicated to the 'small government' perspective -- especially in the arena of fiction -- would permit me to humbly offer a reading suggestion, despite a degree of self-interest.

Here's the deal: For 10 years I've been editor-in-chief of a home-improvement magazine called Extreme How-To. I'm still there, but am branching into fiction writing, and I'm a passionate libertarian. The Bull is contemporary fiction -- not sci-fi, not horror -- but inspired by the current gross expansion of government that we're all living through.

Anyway, rather than re-inventing the wheel I'm just going to paste my standard press release into this post and see if it catches your interest. Here goes:

"Some People Don't Like Being Told What To Do."

Birmingham, Al - May 22, 2012 - Pint Bottle Press announces a new work of fiction that could be ripped from today's headlines. Matthew Weber's fiery debut novel, The Bull, begs the question: Where does government authority end and individual freedom begin?

Frank Standish is owner and proprietor of The Bull barbecue restaurant in the small town of Fulton Springs, Alabama. Since Mayor Davenport Cornelius took office, The Bull has been slapped with a litany of new rules and regulations, from dietary restrictions, egregious taxes and property disputes to lifestyle limitations and political intimidation. In response, Frank rallies a passionate base of grassroots support to unseat the mayor with a single goal in mind -- the preservation of liberty in the face of tyranny.

"I began writing The Bull three years ago," notes author, Matthew Weber. "At the time I incorporated all sorts of fictional scenarios to illustrate government overreach. It's uncanny how many of those scenarios have since been realized across the U.S. and even in my own community."

In an era of record-low congressional approval and rampant distrust of the United States' ever-expanding bureaucracy, many Americans have grown increasingly skeptical of the people in charge. The Bull is the story of one such man who decides to stem the tide of tyranny brought by a corrupt and out-of-control local authority.

The Bull is available in paperback at www.pintbottlepress.com (http://www.pintbottlepress.com), Amazon.com, as well as in digital edition for Amazon Kindle, The Nook, iPad and more.

About the author: Since 2003 Matthew Weber has been editor-in-chief of Extreme How-To (http://www.extremehowto.com), a home-improvement magazine for handymen and DIY'ers. He is vice-president of the National Association of Home & Workshop Writers (NAHWW), and plays bass guitar in the punk-rock band SKEPTIC? He is a husband and father who resides just north of Birmingham, Alabama. The Bull is his first novel.

And here is the GoodReads link (http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/13706106-the-bull).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KDYd4vh0to

pintbottlepress
05-29-2012, 01:07 PM
FREE BOOKS!

Want to read THE BULL?

We're giving away 5 free copies (paperback) to the first 5 people to email your mailing address to info[at]pintbottlepress.com. In the subject line, just type: Paul Giveaway. No strings attached; this is simply our effort to spread word of the book to different areas of the country outside the Southeast, where most of our marketing is concentrated.

I'll update this thread to close the offer as soon as I receive five inquiries.

Thanks!
www.pintbottlepress.com

Dissent
05-29-2012, 01:55 PM
Emailed! I hope I get a copy,I love books like this.

pintbottlepress
05-30-2012, 06:32 AM
Hey Guys,

We still have 2 books to giveaway to the next two people that send a mailing address to info@pintbottlepress.com! We are paying the shipping expense as well, so there is absolutely no charge to you.

Please hit us up as I'd like to close this offer ASAP.

Thanks!

libertygrl
05-30-2012, 12:28 PM
Forgive this shameless plug for my book, but it's my way of spreading the same message that this forum advocates. Plus, I figure that the scarcity of material explicitly dedicated to the 'small government' perspective -- especially in the arena of fiction -- would permit me to humbly offer a reading suggestion, despite a degree of self-interest.

Here's the deal: For 10 years I've been editor-in-chief of a home-improvement magazine called Extreme How-To. I'm still there, but am branching into fiction writing, and I'm a passionate libertarian. The Bull is contemporary fiction -- not sci-fi, not horror -- but inspired by the current gross expansion of government that we're all living through.

Anyway, rather than re-inventing the wheel I'm just going to paste my standard press release into this post and see if it catches your interest. Here goes:

I'll check out your book if you check out this one - CLASSIFIED WOMAN - http://www.classifiedwoman.com/. I know people are going to get sick of me promoting this but it's so terribly IMPORTANT. It's probably the most dangerous book in America and the FBI whistleblower who wrote it is under threat of arrest and blacklisted by the media. She needs the public to make it a success on Amazon so that it gets attention and starts waking people up. So, it's not my book and I'm not making anything off of this. I'm just trying to spread the word and get people to give it a read. It reads like a Dan Brown novel but it's all incredibly TRUE.

Anyway, forgive the intrusion and much success with your book! I think it's a great way to spread the message!