PDA

View Full Version : Glenn Beck attempts to hijack the liberty movement...

Tod
05-25-2012, 07:55 AM
I caught a bit of his show this morning and it is apparent that Beck is seeing the Liberty Movement's energy and has decided that if he can hijack it and become its leader, it will good for his ratings.

Here is what he was talking about this morning, in part:

freepac DOT org

Dude seriously makes me want to puke.

thoughtomator
05-25-2012, 07:56 AM
again? he was the point man for undermining the Tea Party

Sola_Fide
05-25-2012, 07:57 AM
Didn't Glen Beck start the Liberty movement last year?

tod evans
05-25-2012, 08:00 AM
Didn't Glen Beck start the Liberty movement last year?

Sure he did.......just ask him...[sarc]

LibertyEagle
05-25-2012, 08:01 AM
I caught a bit of his show this morning and it is apparent that Beck is seeing the Liberty Movement's energy and has decided that if he can hijack it and become its leader, it will good for his ratings.

freepac DOT org

That's a FreedomWorks thing.

They are calling it "the Freedom Movement". ha ha. Ya knew it was going to happen. That's ok. Just keep doing what we are doing and getting in place in the GOP.

pintbottlepress
05-25-2012, 08:02 AM

freepac DOT org

meh. I guess I have a "the more the merrier" attitude. I don't really follow Beck, so there's no worry of him "leading" me or any other independently minded people, which seems to be the underlying character trait of libertarians. Plus, he apparently does have a following, so if he can persuade more people to champion true liberty, then I don't really see the problem. I will grant you that he'll probably do anything for his ratings, but even if you dislike him, maybe he could prove himself to be a "useful idiot" to us by spreading the message.

I will add that FreedomWorks kind of gives me the creeps and seems a bit more conservative than libertarian from my experience. I do believe it was 'FreedomWorks' who sent me a newsletter a few months back encouraging the U.S. to stop stalling and bomb Iran.

brushfire
05-25-2012, 08:02 AM
Bottom feeding parasite

lib3rtarian
05-25-2012, 08:12 AM
meh. I guess I have a "the more the merrier" attitude. I don't really follow Beck, so there's no worry of him "leading" me or any other independently minded people, which seems to be the underlying character trait of libertarians. Plus, he apparently does have a following, so if he can persuade more people to champion true liberty, then I don't really see the problem. I will grant you that he'll probably do anything for his ratings, but even if you dislike him, maybe he could prove himself to be a "useful idiot" to us by spreading the message.

I will add that FreedomWorks kind of gives me the creeps and seems a bit more conservative than libertarian from my experience. I do believe it was 'FreedomWorks' who sent me a newsletter a few months back encouraging the U.S. to stop stalling and bomb Iran.

The only "good" which will come out of the Becks co-opting this movement is that we will have to painfully see some "Liberty Movement leaders" express their "concern" about Iran and how we should "stand by our ally Israel". Or in other words, they will make the movement pro-war. I ran away from the Tea Party after they started thumping the Bible and chanting "bomb bomb bomb", and if the Liberty Movement is lost too, then I would have nowhere to park my anti-war ass.

Voluntary Man
05-25-2012, 08:17 AM
yeah. it's the neo-liberty movement. it's exactly the same, except with an israel-first agenda, plus interventionism, nation building, and global empire....oh, and no liberty. otherwise, though, "they could be twins."

LibertyEagle
05-25-2012, 08:19 AM
yeah. it's the neo-liberty movement. it's exactly the same, except with an israel-first agenda, plus interventionism, nation building, and global empire....oh, and no liberty. otherwise, though, "they could be twins."

^^^
Sad, but probably true.

Liberty74
05-25-2012, 08:20 AM
This is why we must separate ourselves from the two party criminal system. This is an obvious attempt to co-opt our message as I predicted would happen or at the very least muddle our message to divide those on liberty.

LibertyEagle
05-25-2012, 08:21 AM
The only "good" which will come out of the Becks co-opting this movement is that we will have to painfully see some "Liberty Movement leaders" express their "concern" about Iran and how we should "stand by our ally Israel". Or in other words, they will make the movement pro-war. I ran away from the Tea Party after they started thumping the Bible and chanting "bomb bomb bomb", and if the Liberty Movement is lost too, then I would have nowhere to park my anti-war ass.

They will only co-opt it if we allow them to. If we slink back in our holes and spend all our time fighting THEM, instead of keeping on doing what we need to be doing strategically to win, yeah, it will work. But, we don't have to fall for their siren song.

brushfire
05-25-2012, 08:22 AM

Glenn Beck did wonders for the tea party... Bring him on in.
The itching and burning, after a while, is almost unnoticeable.

Glenn Beck can eat my sh-t while balling his eyes out... < sorry, its the nicest thing I could think of saying about Glenn Beck.

LibertyEagle
05-25-2012, 08:23 AM
This is why we must separate ourselves from the two party criminal system. This is an obvious attempt to co-opt our message as I predicted would happen or at the very least muddle our message to divide those on liberty.

We are already separated. Starting a new party isn't going to help anything. That would eventually be co-opted too. We have the C4L and YAL and as much griping has gone on about who is on the board, Dr. Paul has made sure that they won't be co-opted.

Voluntary Man
05-25-2012, 08:25 AM
every time i think of Beck (not often, btw) the image pops into my head of a clownish wannabe band conductor, in an ill-fitting uniform, chasing after a marching band, shouting "wait for me! I'm your leader!"

lib3rtarian
05-25-2012, 08:31 AM
I will say that as long as Dr. Paul is alive, our movement won't get co-opted, because he would be there to give direction to us. And I mean him personally talking to us, and not through the Bentons and the Tates. After Dr. Paul's time, now that's a truly scary thought.

Liberty74
05-25-2012, 08:31 AM
We are already separated. Starting a new party isn't going to help anything. That would eventually be co-opted too. We have the C4L and YAL and as much griping has gone on about who is on the board, Dr. Paul has made sure that they won't be co-opted.

You are wrong. We, against my warnings, are wanting to become part of the Republican Party. And just like the Tea Party, you will have fake Republicans co-opting our message to confuse the masses to think they are on our side. This is what Beck is doing. It is much harder to co-opt a new party than a message within the two party criminal system. Taking over the Indy party would force both parties to build coalitions and we could become a force. Instead, we are stuck with the Republicans and have no where to go when they screw us over. And you can bank on that they will just like they screwed the Tea Party over.

LibertyEagle
05-25-2012, 08:35 AM
You are wrong. We, against my warnings, are wanting to become part of the Republican Party. And just like the Tea Party, you will have fake Republicans co-opting our message to confuse the masses to think they are on our side. This is what Beck is doing. It is much harder to co-opt a new party than a message within the two party criminal system. Taking over the Indy party would force both parties to build coalitions and we could become a force. Instead, we are stuck with the Republicans and have no where to go when they screw us over. And you can bank on that they will just like they screwed the Tea Party over.

They didn't screw the tea party over. We had that one event and that's it. Nada. Since we did not pick up the ball and run with it, someone else did. That is what happened.

As far as your warnings go, who the hell are you? I'm sorry, but until Dr. Paul's advice of getting in leadership positions in the GOP is found to be a failed strategy, I support that approach. If you personally, want to go do something else, knock yourself out.

RonRules
05-25-2012, 08:43 AM
This is from almost a year ago:
Freedom Works, Why are they not supporting Dr. Paul?
http://www.dailypaul.com/170020/freedom-works-why-are-they-not-supporting-dr-paul

Not only are they failing to support Ron Paul, but have repeatedly failed to even acknowledge him! I recieved an e-mail from Matt Kibbe, asking for a donation to support Glen Beck's Restore Liberty Campaign, to which I replied that I was supporting Ron Paul's Campaign for Liberty and his 2012 Presidential bid, to Restore America Now, and I was upset with Freedom Works failure to do the same, and that I would appreciate a response....still no reply.

Freedom Works has several times suggested their interest in Bachmann, Palin, Cain, but not even a mention of Ron Paul. Today on Cnn.com, there was an interview with Kibbe who stated in response to a statement that for Romney to win the nomination, he will have to overcome deep reservations within two pillars of the modern-day GOP, Christian conservatives and the Tea Party movement.

Matt Kibbe (FreedomWorks):"My prediction is that somebody is going to fill that vacuum, the true fiscal conservative in the race," said Matt Kibbe, president of the Tea Party organizer FreedomWorks. Kibbe said Tea Party activists across the country are doing more than just hoping for a Tea Party savior to jump into the race.

"We're not waiting. We're shopping," said Kibbe.

Ron Paul fostered the "Tea Party" movement, and now it appears it it being hijacked by the establishment. Both liberal and Neo-con attacks fail against Paul, so it appears the establishment is attacking from within. Is Freedom Works ignoring the True "Tea-Party" conservative, Freedom Fighter, and "savior" of our Liberties? They have to be, if they are still "shopping." I hope we can take the time to contact them for a answer. Maybe remind them about Ron Paul? We need to be diligent in preserving the work that all of us have put in to push the message of Liberty! Especially the tireless effort of Dr. Ron Paul.

brushfire
05-25-2012, 08:49 AM
I'm sure there's enough room for Bachmann and her buddy Beck... Lets sing their song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OuiuolN1r4

jbauer
05-25-2012, 09:10 AM
This is classic. You "warned" us all of the dire concequences of takign over the GOP and had we just listened to you everything would be alright. Thanks!!

Occam's Banana
05-25-2012, 09:21 AM

Glenn Beck is to the liberty movement what the Pied Piper was to Hamelin. That is his function.

Glenn Beck (and FreedomWorks - and others of their ilk) do indeed "have a following" - a following composed of people who like the *rhetoric* of liberty, but who don't care so much for the *substance* of it.

The only message they spread is that it is OK to *say* you are for liberty without actually *being* for liberty.

Glenn Beck is a smarmy, mealy-mouthed, two-faced SOB who will NEVER "persuade more people to champion true liberty" - because he himself has *never* been & *never* will be a champion of true liberty [cf. Ron Paul].

This is why there is no serious danger of Beck "leading" you or anyone else away from the path of true liberty (except, of course, for those who *want* to be led away).

This is why FreedomWorks gives you the creeps.

Glenn Beck is in no way, shape or form "useful" to the liberty movement - not even as an idiot.

Occam's Banana
05-25-2012, 10:32 AM
You are wrong. We, against my warnings, are wanting to become part of the Republican Party. And just like the Tea Party, you will have fake Republicans co-opting our message to confuse the masses to think they are on our side. This is what Beck is doing.

You are correct about Beck. As for the rest, though ...

It is much harder to co-opt a new party than a message within the two party criminal system.

Even if you are right about this, you completely miss the point. They won't *need* to co-opt a new party - they will simply ignore it, thereby relegating it to total irrelevance. (SEE: Libertarian Party, Green Party, Constitution Party, etc., etc.)

Taking over the Indy party would force both parties to build coalitions and we could become a force.

"Indy" party? What "Indy" party?

Even if there *were* an "Indy" party, what you suggest simply wouldn't work.

There is a reason the US has always only had two major parties at any given time. Part of that reason is deliberate rigging of the process by the parties in power (such as onerous ballot access laws). But that is not the only reason. It is not even the most significant reason - at least, not when it comes to why there are only two parties. After all, why not have three or four or a dozen "establishment" parties? In fact, having a bunch of parties, all of them "pro-establishment" at root, would be an excellent way of diverting & neutralizing anti-establishment sentiment. Just have a party for each significant "brand" of discontent ...

The fact is, the two-party system is not the result of any conspiracy or collusion - it is an unintended consequence of the peculiarities of the political structure created by the US Constitution. One such peculiarity is the arbitrarily geography-based winner-take-all nature of federal (& most state) elections. This particular feature leads to other peculiarities (such as "gerrymandering") which only exacerbate the "only-two-parties" problem ...

Another fact is: There have been many 3rd-parties & "independent" movements throughout American history, but NONE of them achieved any lasting success unless they either "took over" one of the two major parties existing at the time (such as the Progressives' conquest of the Democrats), or rose to fill the void resulting from one of the two major parties becoming defunct (such as when the Republicans replaced the Whigs).

The "insurge the GOP" position has only the weight of the corrupt Republican establishment against it - a not inconsiderable thing, to be sure. But the "go 3rd-party/independent" position has all the weight of history against it as well as all the weight of the corrupt establishment (both Republican AND Democrat).

Instead, we are stuck with the Republicans and have no where to go when they screw us over. And you can bank on that they will just like they screwed the Tea Party over.

They will try. Perhaps they will succeed (giving you the opportunity to crow about how "right" you were - despite that you will have been "right" for entirely wrong reasons).

But they *will* have to try. Against your "Indy" party, they won't even have to do that much. They'll just ignore you and let the factors I noted above do all the heavy lifting for them.

Elwar
05-25-2012, 11:48 AM
It would be an insult to douches to call Glenn Beck one.

How many times does he have to try to claim that he is for liberty and then literally SH#T ALL OVER IT when election time comes around?

When Obama wins again, the Becks and Hannitys will be crying about how much they love freedom. Screaming about how much of a libertarian they are.

Then come 2014, 2016...Time to F(*k libertarian candidates in the @&* over and over.

If you have not yet lost all complete and utter respect for Glenn Beck after 2008 AND 2010 AND 2012 then I would like to meet you and have the good opportunity to take advantage of your good intentions until you are lying in a gutter on the street where I will then use you for a stool.

Brian4Liberty
05-25-2012, 12:23 PM

Teocons.

sailingaway
05-25-2012, 12:32 PM
everyone and their mother is trying to hijack it, including on these boards. Just examine where you are headed.

Jingles
05-25-2012, 12:35 PM
In all honesty (as shameful as it is for me to admit), Glenn Beck actually brought me to Ron Paul. Like his first month or two on fox was pretty damn good... That's how I came to the liberty movement in the first place. Now that I look back at what he said in the past and how he is now of course I hate him. There was just this small widow of his show that got people like me.

row333au
05-25-2012, 12:36 PM
the thing now is for all the true Liberty patriots of truth and humanity to expose Glen Beck and call his shilling .....

If Glen Beck truly believes on the liberty movement then he must publicly endorse Ron Paul as the true messenger of its movement and to keep voting Ron Paul for what he stands for 'liberty' as well as honesty, and at the same time he should and denounce the Federal Reserve and to end it, neocons and Rhinos he so much supported previously by actively exposing the true culprits and be the servant of the people (not to lead) as he supports what Ron Paul has been doing, to emphasize his genuine motive and not corrupt its true meaning of liberty....

Controlled opposition is about using the truth as a tool which is then manipulated to serve their agenda.

Either putting a dog and pony shows - doing the sermons, gospels, attacking and shouting - in order to convince you to follow them, so then you elect them as your leaders and leave everything to them, as they tie everyone up to the legalities of bureaucracy so that everything will be about their committee (who are consisting of them) that goes round and round chasing tail that goes no where , but at the same time the people loses more and more from wasted false efforts (losing at the end of it all).

The other is to dilute the movement via false prophet, shills, disinformation, misinformation, misrepresentation and false perceptions in order to manipulate the people with their subtle injects within the masses 'seeds of doubts', 'propaganda', 'thought controls', 'meme their efforts', 'compromise to corruption' and etc....

This way the Liberty movement will be just a hype of fashion, or become an equivalent of socialism or cult of idealism (cult of personality to Ron Paul), another divisioning to prevent unifying for common grounds, create another enemy out of the movement, etc....

No Free Beer
05-25-2012, 12:38 PM
In all honesty (as shameful as it is for me to admit), Glenn Beck actually brought me to Ron Paul. Like his first month or two on fox was pretty damn good... That's how I came to the liberty movement in the first place. Now that I look back at what he said in the past and how he is now of course I hate him. There was just this small widow of his show that got people like me.

Although he didn't lead me to Ron Paul, I must agree that when Glenn Beck was first on Fox it was not only good, but entertaining. I was watching him when he was on CNN too. I remember when he was on CNN, he even said, "I am becoming more and more libertarian when it comes to foreign policy." Then what happened, he was bought out by you know who and now he preaches all this religious stuff. He has all the right to say what he wants and promote whatever cause he wants to, I just don't have to listen to it.

malkusm
05-25-2012, 12:42 PM

How many times does he have to try to claim that he is for liberty and then literally SH#T ALL OVER IT when election time comes around?

When Obama wins again, the Becks and Hannitys will be crying about how much they love freedom. Screaming about how much of a libertarian they are.

Then come 2014, 2016...Time to F(*k libertarian candidates in the @&* over and over.

If you have not yet lost all complete and utter respect for Glenn Beck after 2008 AND 2010 AND 2012 then I would like to meet you and have the good opportunity to take advantage of your good intentions until you are lying in a gutter on the street where I will then use you for a stool.

You get +rep for the laugh I got out of this.

cajuncocoa
05-25-2012, 12:42 PM

I hear ya...he almost had me believing that he was a libertarian when I first started to listen to him around 2008. Thing is, I think HE believes he is. At that time, he constantly proclaimed to be neither a Democrat nor a Republican and was telling his audience how George W. Bush and John McCain are "progressives" (which is about the worst possible thing someone can be in Glenn Beck's opinion).

But instead of talking positively about liberty-candidates such as Dr. Paul, he always suggested that RP is a "nutcase". Then came his sabotage of Debra Medina's gubernatorial campaign...that was the last straw for me.

I don't know why he continues to tell his audience that he's for liberty when nothing is further from the truth. Perhaps liberty means something different to Glenn Beck than it does to us. I've had Democrats tell me that freedom and liberty (to them) is being free from "want".....if one side can distort the word that much, I guess it's possible for Glenn Beck to believe that liberty means whatever he wants it to mean. They bastardized the meaning of "conservative" so I guess they plan to ruin the meaning of "liberty" now.

AGRP
05-25-2012, 01:16 PM
Keep your eyes on the prize. There will always be Glenn Shreks of the world.

PaulConventionWV
05-25-2012, 01:26 PM

That's right. The founders warned against political parties, not just the two-party system we have today. That means any party is subject to the same evils that the Democratic and Republican parties are. We need to stop packaging our political ideologies and let people elect whomever they feel is best for the job based on their personal merits, not the letter beside their name.

John F Kennedy III
05-25-2012, 01:51 PM
again? he was the point man for undermining the Tea Party

This ^

Elwar
05-25-2012, 01:57 PM
Perhaps liberty means something different to Glenn Beck than it does to us.

This may be the closest to the truth. When Santorum came on his show and tried to re-define liberty as "living the most moral Christian life you possibly can", Glenn Beck said that he had it, spot on.

Kinda like how Ayn Rand defines morality as doing everything possible to benefit yourself as an individual (even when it comes to helping others...you enjoy helping someone so that is a benefit to yourself). I could go into church and spout off about morality and how everyone needs to live a moral life. I would be speaking about this kind of morality and would be fooling a whole lot of people.

Voluntary Man
05-25-2012, 02:00 PM
Glenn Beck did wonders for the tea party... Bring him on in.
The itching and burning, after a while, is almost unnoticeable.

Glenn Beck can eat my sh-t while balling his eyes out... < sorry, its the nicest thing I could think of saying about Glenn Beck.

a shot of glenicillin will clear that right up! ;)

heavenlyboy34
05-25-2012, 02:06 PM

They are calling it "the Freedom Movement". ha ha. Ya knew it was going to happen. That's ok. Just keep doing what we are doing and getting in place in the GOP.
IIRC, "FreedomWorks" is a Kochtopus funded outfit. Yes? If it's the same FreedomWorks I'm thinking of, it's definitely not worth paying attention to. It's so sloppily put together and unfocused that it's basically irrelevant.

GeorgiaAvenger
05-25-2012, 02:11 PM
IIRC, "FreedomWorks" is a Kochtopus funded outfit. Yes? If it's the same FreedomWorks I'm thinking of, it's definitely not worth paying attention to. It's so sloppily put together and unfocused that it's basically irrelevant.FreedomWorks agenda is excellent.

Some of their recent calls to action have had to do with Agenda 21, the Fed, and Rand's budget.

Peace&Freedom
05-25-2012, 07:39 PM
I hear ya...he almost had me believing that he was a libertarian when I first started to listen to him around 2008. Thing is, I think HE believes he is. At that time, he constantly proclaimed to be neither a Democrat nor a Republican and was telling his audience how George W. Bush and John McCain are "progressives" (which is about the worst possible thing someone can be in Glenn Beck's opinion).

But instead of talking positively about liberty-candidates such as Dr. Paul, he always suggested that RP is a "nutcase". Then came his sabotage of Debra Medina's gubernatorial campaign...that was the last straw for me.

I don't know why he continues to tell his audience that he's for liberty when nothing is further from the truth. Perhaps liberty means something different to Glenn Beck than it does to us. I've had Democrats tell me that freedom and liberty (to them) is being free from "want".....if one side can distort the word that much, I guess it's possible for Glenn Beck to believe that liberty means whatever he wants it to mean. They bastardized the meaning of "conservative" so I guess they plan to ruin the meaning of "liberty" now.

The libertarian view and liberty agenda has been extremely tightly defined by the party, the movement, and singular political leaders like Paul, economists like Mises and Rothbard, and dozens of websites and radio shows for a generation now. Glenn Beck is not going be able to whiteout all that history, and take over the movement in any shape or form. At best, a cluster of pro-war Zionista libertarians will create a small wing on the liberty scene, and seek to distract the rest of the movement in endless debates about supporting the wars, the torture, the NDAA, raising the debt limit into infinity, accepting new fiat currencies after the dollar/euro collapses, and so forth.

NewRightLibertarian
05-25-2012, 07:47 PM
As long as Beck promotes end the fed, I don't have much of a problem with him. He's better than most

Cleaner44
05-25-2012, 07:56 PM

The Freedom Movement Inc.™ is a completely genuine movement as noted by the Grassroots® stamp of approval... what's the issue?

Bosco Warden
05-25-2012, 08:02 PM
This is from almost a year ago:
Freedom Works, Why are they not supporting Dr. Paul?
http://www.dailypaul.com/170020/freedom-works-why-are-they-not-supporting-dr-paul

Not only are they failing to support Ron Paul, but have repeatedly failed to even acknowledge him! I recieved an e-mail from Matt Kibbe, asking for a donation to support Glen Beck's Restore Liberty Campaign, to which I replied that I was supporting Ron Paul's Campaign for Liberty and his 2012 Presidential bid, to Restore America Now, and I was upset with Freedom Works failure to do the same, and that I would appreciate a response....still no reply.

Freedom Works has several times suggested their interest in Bachmann, Palin, Cain, but not even a mention of Ron Paul. Today on Cnn.com, there was an interview with Kibbe who stated in response to a statement that for Romney to win the nomination, he will have to overcome deep reservations within two pillars of the modern-day GOP, Christian conservatives and the Tea Party movement.

Matt Kibbe (FreedomWorks):"My prediction is that somebody is going to fill that vacuum, the true fiscal conservative in the race," said Matt Kibbe, president of the Tea Party organizer FreedomWorks. Kibbe said Tea Party activists across the country are doing more than just hoping for a Tea Party savior to jump into the race.

"We're not waiting. We're shopping," said Kibbe.

Ron Paul fostered the "Tea Party" movement, and now it appears it it being hijacked by the establishment. Both liberal and Neo-con attacks fail against Paul, so it appears the establishment is attacking from within. Is Freedom Works ignoring the True "Tea-Party" conservative, Freedom Fighter, and "savior" of our Liberties? They have to be, if they are still "shopping." I hope we can take the time to contact them for a answer. Maybe remind them about Ron Paul? We need to be diligent in preserving the work that all of us have put in to push the message of Liberty! Especially the tireless effort of Dr. Ron Paul.

Interesting read.

I will stick with the campaign for Liberty, I know who and what that is about.

Everyone is going to try and co-opt the liberty movement.

Fuck Beck, btw.

Whats up Cleaner!

Tod
05-25-2012, 08:23 PM
An important way to keep the message true, imo, is to have a complete and easily understood core platform that specific positions can be compared against, and have it well publicized and easily available.