PDA

View Full Version : Reality Check: Is Georgia GOP Against NDAA Indefinite Detention or Not?

peluski17
05-24-2012, 10:10 PM
Reality Check: Is Georgia GOP Against NDAA Indefinite Detention or Not?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7iu4TQhszs

sailingaway
05-24-2012, 10:11 PM
I LOVE that he covered this!!

kathy88
05-25-2012, 04:00 AM
WOW. That's awesome BEN thank you!

So funny:

Establishment: NO INDEFINITE DETENTION! NO NDAA!

Wait, our guy is for it? Never mind. *grab vaseline*

Butchie
05-25-2012, 07:18 AM
WOW. That's awesome BEN thank you!

So funny:

Establishment: NO INDEFINITE DETENTION! NO NDAA!

Wait, our guy is for it? Never mind. *grab vaseline*

I love this!!! Both parties are that way, they hate something till "their guy" does it, they love something till the "other guy" does it.

nobody's_hero
05-25-2012, 07:21 AM
As a Georgian (who was an alternate to the state convention here), I'm thrilled that Ben covered this. This should embarrass the hell out of the Georgia GOP.

If anyone hasn't 'liked' Ben's facebook page, I'm assuming the only reason is they must not have a facebook account.

wgadget
05-25-2012, 07:28 AM
I'm gonna go tweet this again. LOL

slamhead
05-25-2012, 07:50 AM
If I was there I would have had to be a smart ass and bring up a platform motion.."In light of the failure on this vote I would like to modify our platform to include our intention to repeal the 4th, 6th, and 9th amendments to the U.S. Constitution".

Thor
05-25-2012, 09:27 AM
As a Georgian (who was an alternate to the state convention here), I'm thrilled that Ben covered this. This should embarrass the hell out of the Georgia GOP.

Correction: This should embarrass the hell out of the GOP.

- The NDAA is bad. It goes against our principles.
- Oh wait, our "guy" would have voted FOR the NDAA
- Ummm, the NDAA is ok.

FSP-Rebel
05-25-2012, 09:36 AM
Another bombshell from Big Ben

jbauer
05-25-2012, 09:56 AM
Do you guys think Ben is shooting for national media time? He's obviously catering to the Liberty movement. If he were to do these things on a national scale he'd be "taken care of" Funny none the less

DRFilms1
05-25-2012, 09:56 AM
I posted a video about this a few days ago as well. I was a delegate on the floor filming from the right side of the stage.

Thor
05-25-2012, 10:04 AM
Do you guys think Ben is shooting for national media time? He's obviously catering to the Liberty movement. If he were to do these things on a national scale he'd be "taken care of" Funny none the less

I am not so sure he is. He has stated several times he is just covering the facts and he is not necessarily a Ron Paul supporter. It just so happens the facts are very advantageous to us; as we are honest, on the right track, and are being mistreated by the MSM.... and therefore everything Ben reveals is a plus to us. But I do not think he has a "liberty / Ron Paul" agenda or slant.

However, he is on the Romney warpath these last few days.

First he slams Mittens for being on both sides of the Morning After Pill (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?378085-Reality-Check-Why-Is-Pro-Life-Mitt-Romney-Taking-Money-From-Morning-After-Pill-Maker), now the NDAA.

DRFilms1
05-25-2012, 10:05 AM
Get this... the blond that got up and spoke is "Debbie Dooley" national spokesperson for the Tea Party Patriots and she lives a few miles from me. Anyway, right after this happened.. like Monday on her FB page she posted about the amendment making it's way through the house that was accepted on the Friday before the convention that essentially removes the provision for detaining US citizens *on US soil*. She posted it, and added some comment like "There, Paul folks.. non issue." then her friends on FB started replying saying "See, Ron Paul people... can you get off of Romneys back now?" So, I replied that Romney supported it BEFORE the amendment on Friday in the house, and that on Saturday most of the GOP also supported changing the NDAA until they found out Romney supported it during the debates. One lady asked for proof that Romney supported it and when I provided proof, and said I wanted Obama out just as bad as she did and that Romney isn't the answer because he supports the same positions as Obama on most issues. Debbie then deleted my proof and unfriended me so I couldn't comment and convince her friends that didn't know the truth.

tod evans
05-25-2012, 10:27 AM
4-stars for Ben!

PC_for_Paul
05-25-2012, 10:33 AM
Then get one of our guys elected, and use it on them. Would serve them right, lock them all up along with all members of congress that voted for it. Make them take to the SC to get it over turned. That is poetic justice right there.

surf
05-25-2012, 10:39 AM
i love how they framed it as an Obama issue in the resolution, "Whereas President Obama signed into a law the NDAA of 2011, and...".

if we can just wrap Obama in Lybia perhaps the same can work for a anti-non-declared-war resolution

CPUd
05-25-2012, 10:52 AM
It was hard to see from the ustream video, but I didn't realize how much of that convention was being directed by those up on the stage. I did wonder though, how a group called Tea Party Patriots would not have a problem with indefinite detention.

Thor
05-25-2012, 10:57 AM
I did wonder though, how a group called Tea Party Patriots would not have a problem with indefinite detention.

Because the Tea Party (and Tea Party Patriots) have been co-oped by the neo-con GOP and is just a placard on the SSDD steamroller, trying to make people think they really are about Freedom and Liberty, when in fact they are not. Just like they will try and co-op our movement now that we are showing some numbers.

Talk about Freedom
Talk about Liberty
Talk about Independence

Vote the same way as always.

Sounds like the Republicans for the last 30 or 40 years and the Johnny Come Lately "Tea Party"

I think the original intent of the Tea Party was good, but was quickly infiltrated and controlled.

TheGrinch
05-25-2012, 11:28 AM
Huge shocker.... "Obama signed...." BOO!!!

"Oh wait, but Romney supports it too".... yeah??

As if there was any doubt that "beating Obama" is literally the only reason they're rallying around a flip-flopping moderate like Romney, stuff like this seals it...

(Puts bag over head in shame for my state)

DRFilms1
05-25-2012, 11:55 AM
Yep... Once I witnessed this first hand at the start of the convention I knew it was over unless we had the numbers and even then it would have been a big fight to keep it legit. They don't care about freedom as long as they win.

DRFilms1
05-25-2012, 11:59 AM
My video from back on the 20th:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDdofWid2_0&hd=1

wgadget
05-25-2012, 01:19 PM
Cannot this same tactic be used against the traitorous UNConstitutional GOP in Tampa? There are SO many issues Romney is the same as Obama on...MAYBE BEING ABLE TO INFLUENCE THE PLATFORM CAN BE RON PAUL's meal ticket...THIS BLATANT ANTI-CONSTITUTION hypocrisy by the Old Guard is precisely what's destroying our country!

Thor
05-25-2012, 01:30 PM
Cannot this same tactic be used against the traitorous UNConstitutional GOP in Tampa? There are SO many issues Romney is the same as Obama on...MAYBE BEING ABLE TO INFLUENCE THE PLATFORM CAN BE RON PAUL's meal ticket...THIS BLATANT ANTI-CONSTITUTION hypocrisy by the Old Guard is precisely what's destroying our country!

Depending upon the order of business, if a resolution can be passed prior to the nomination for President, that states the GOP is against XYZ (NDAA, or something "Obama like" that most GOP would say is horrible and we should for sure be against) it could exclude Romney right then and there if it becomes obvious as to his position of said issue after the resolution is passed (even though he will try and flip flop out of it.) But I think the Old Guard will be wise to it and not allow it.

It is one thing for the party to profess principles and beliefs, quite another to actually put their money where their mouth is as this GA Convention so clearly shows.

nobody's_hero
05-25-2012, 04:50 PM
Get this... the blond that got up and spoke is "Debbie Dooley" national spokesperson for the Tea Party Patriots and she lives a few miles from me. Anyway, right after this happened.. like Monday on her FB page she posted about the amendment making it's way through the house that was accepted on the Friday before the convention that essentially removes the provision for detaining US citizens *on US soil*. She posted it, and added some comment like "There, Paul folks.. non issue." then her friends on FB started replying saying "See, Ron Paul people... can you get off of Romneys back now?" So, I replied that Romney supported it BEFORE the amendment on Friday in the house, and that on Saturday most of the GOP also supported changing the NDAA until they found out Romney supported it during the debates. One lady asked for proof that Romney supported it and when I provided proof, and said I wanted Obama out just as bad as she did and that Romney isn't the answer because he supports the same positions as Obama on most issues. Debbie then deleted my proof and unfriended me so I couldn't comment and convince her friends that didn't know the truth.

That woman is a b*tch. And it takes a lot for me to call someone a b*tch, so, there you have it.

Welcome to the forums.

wgadget
05-25-2012, 06:29 PM
She's also got a very b*tchy voice. Dang...

Dogsoldier
05-25-2012, 08:54 PM
LOL...I thought that was funny.First they are like "yes we are against NDAA and it is against the constitution"

Then they find out "oh wait Romney is for it"

"Yes we want NDAA and completely support Romney" "anybody but obama"

LMAO...The stupidity of the public when it comes to government is staggering.

sailingaway
05-25-2012, 11:22 PM

the amendment does NOT fix the problem. The one that would have fixed it did not pass.

Dogsoldier
05-26-2012, 01:28 AM
1 thing that bothers me is we keep having people that want to just ban certain parts of NDAA.Why are we not banning the whole frikkin thing and not just parts?I don't want any of it.

CPUd
05-26-2012, 02:25 AM
We've had NDAA for a while because it specifies how the DoD is to be funded. They revisit it every year; I think the next time it comes up we should add an amemdment to change Department of Defense back to the Department of War, or better yet, the Department of Offense.

nobody's_hero
05-26-2012, 04:59 AM
We've had NDAA for a while because it specifies how the DoD is to be funded. They revisit it every year; I think the next time it comes up we should add an amemdment to change Department of Defense back to the Department of War, or better yet, the Department of Offense.

It used to be called the Department of War, let's just go back to that if we're being honest.