Paulite
05-24-2012, 05:01 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9ifFIIJ1HE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

sailingaway
05-24-2012, 05:03 PM
what's depressing is that only the puppy seemed very happy about it

Paulistinian
05-24-2012, 05:03 PM
I'm sure this isn't good for the cause, but it still made me smile.

Paulistinian
05-24-2012, 05:04 PM
what's depressing is that only the puppy seemed very happy about it+rep

evilfunnystuff
05-24-2012, 05:06 PM
... not good.

I hope that's not one of our guys.

slamhead
05-24-2012, 05:38 PM
That was funny. If you are not having fun you are not doing it right.

francisco
05-24-2012, 07:23 PM
NOT funny and in fact pisses me off. Talk about blowback--the idiot who pulled this stunt, putting signs on people without their knowledge or consent, people who voiced non-support for RP, was acting directly against the voluntaryist/libertarian principles we stand for. With 127,000+ views this video probably did huge damage. Some of our "supporters" are our worst enemies.

Think about the Golden Rule principle: how would you feel if as a RP supporter, some Romney operative stuck a pro-Romney sign on your back without your knowledge? Not so funny anymore. Wouldn't it annoy you, confirm all your worst instincts against Romney, and if anything animate you to work even harder against him?

Constitutional Paulicy
05-24-2012, 10:33 PM
Although this is funny, funny shouldn't take precedence over what is best for our cause.

Two thumbs down. :(

brushfire
05-24-2012, 10:35 PM
I was expecting the bruno.. phewwww...

Paul Or Nothing II
05-24-2012, 10:53 PM
NOT funny and in fact pisses me off. Talk about blowback--the idiot who pulled this stunt, putting signs on people without their knowledge or consent, people who voiced non-support for RP, was acting directly against the voluntaryist/libertarian principles we stand for. With 127,000+ views this video probably did huge damage. Some of our "supporters" are our worst enemies.

Think about the Golden Rule principle: how would you feel if as a RP supporter, some Romney operative stuck a pro-Romney sign on your back without your knowledge? Not so funny anymore. Wouldn't it annoy you, confirm all your worst instincts against Romney, and if anything animate you to work even harder against him?

+1

This is BS! How would we feel if some Romney or other supporter stuck a sticker on us? We'd hate Romney (or whoever the candidate) even more & that's exactly the effect it will have on non-Paul supporters, it will only antagonize them against Paul :(

Ivash
05-24-2012, 10:55 PM
Oh, come on, I doubt this will influence anyone's support. Most people have a better sense of humor than you guys give them credit for.

jcannon98188
05-24-2012, 11:03 PM
Yeah if this was the turning point that made them not like us, then we didn't want them anyways. If anyone is that weak of support that they would get offended by that, then they do not actually support us. Stop being so serious all the time guys, smile. Come on do it with me now. Just raise the sides of your mouth slightly......

Pauling
05-25-2012, 02:00 AM

Dude....

Crystallas
05-25-2012, 02:16 AM
I agree, this was a bad idea.

Karsten
05-25-2012, 02:40 AM
This is a little weird.

Paul Or Nothing II
05-25-2012, 03:40 AM
Oh, come on, I doubt this will influence anyone's support. Most people have a better sense of humor than you guys give them credit for.

"Most people" may be but not "all people"

Besides, "most people" watch mainstream media where they learn that Paul-supporters young trouble-making potheads & childish acts like these will re-emphasize that meme :(

And as has been pointed out, it's principally against what what Ron Paul believes in & what this movement is supposed to be about

Yeah if this was the turning point that made them not like us, then we didn't want them anyways. If anyone is that weak of support that they would get offended by that, then they do not actually support us. Stop being so serious all the time guys, smile. Come on do it with me now. Just raise the sides of your mouth slightly......

Most people aren't very politically literate (no wonder then that things are disastrous), they are often pretty undecided about whom they'll vote, they often "go with the flow" & when acts like these re-emphasizes media's narrative of Paul supporters being troublemaking potheads, that's what's NOT needed

And remember, it's like 5-10% of the voters that support Ron Paul outright, it takes much more to win States & more than 50% to win the General Election so every vote that is important, period

Paul Or Nothing II
05-25-2012, 03:42 AM
Duplicate

Muwahid
05-25-2012, 04:05 AM
its kind of annoying when people go into "will this negatively affect the campaign" mode over stupid small things, obviously it wont. that being said: if someone turned around n punched him in the face, he'd probably deserve it.

green73
05-25-2012, 04:16 AM
Egregious violation of property rights! Still, a little lulz.

aloneinthewilderness
05-25-2012, 06:35 AM
This is about as big a deal as if he was using Kelly Clarkson stickers instead. If somebody put a Romney sticker on my back without me knowing it, I don't see how it would reflect poorly on Mitt Romney or the rest of his supporters that didn't put stickers on my back. Even if I accidentally wore it around all day, I would laugh, remove it, and go on with my life like all of these people probably did (with or without the laughing). If a couple of people were so offended by it that they would base any opinion on people that were not involved, they were probably never coming over to this side anyway (because they most likely already were anti-Paul). Before this I'd seen a number of pranks on this guy's channel, and while most are dumb and pointless, a few made me laugh.

Ronulus
05-25-2012, 07:10 AM
This is about as big a deal as if he was using Kelly Clarkson stickers instead. If somebody put a Romney sticker on my back without me knowing it, I don't see how it would reflect poorly on Mitt Romney or the rest of his supporters that didn't put stickers on my back. Even if I accidentally wore it around all day, I would laugh, remove it, and go on with my life like all of these people probably did (with or without the laughing). If a couple of people were so offended by it that they would base any opinion on people that were not involved, they were probably never coming over to this side anyway (because they most likely already were anti-Paul). Before this I'd seen a number of pranks on this guy's channel, and while most are dumb and pointless, a few made me laugh.

What you would do in that case is irrelevant. It is not how everyone else will react. If everyone was doing what you would do in that situation we would already have Paul in the white house.

aloneinthewilderness
05-25-2012, 07:23 AM
My point is that this is a complete non-issue. In the grand scheme of things this prank video will mean nothing. If people are so upset by this, maybe we should start putting Romney stickers on people's backs?

Edit: Is this guy even a Ron Paul supporter? If not, there's no reason for him to give a shit about negative reaction.

Magsec
05-25-2012, 12:58 PM
Reminds me of a time I was filling up at a gas station, and some guy pulls up to the other side of the pump and steps out blatantly saying "He's a nut. That guy's a nut!" pointing at my Ron Paul bumper sticker. He then said he was a local Ron Paul leader or something and likes to prank RP supporters that way to get a reaction out of them, and sure enough he had a RP sticker on the back of his car too. It was weird.

ds21089
05-25-2012, 01:25 PM

Couldn't have said it better myself.

RoyalShock
05-25-2012, 01:35 PM
The thing is, there are a lot of people who make decisions or take positions based on emotional reactions. While it may not be the deciding factor between supporting or not supporting Paul, it could be the difference between whether they would ever be receptive to his policies or supporters. "Oh Ron Paul? He has those mean followers! I could never agree with them!"

Most of us can and do reason without letting emotion get in the way. Unfortunately, many others can't and don't. If you don't understand your target audience you have little hope to influence them. And I'm of the opinion that no one is beyond waking up if the right confluence of events were to occur.

Politics just isn't one of those areas where having voters be the butt of a joke plays well.

A friend of ours had a Santorum sign up in front of their property out in the country. I was tempted to take my RP sign and make another that said "supports" and put them to the right of their sign. I resisted the temptation due to the very principle I articulated above.

Lord Xar
05-25-2012, 01:48 PM
I am a little sad that so many of the people didn't like RP.. I just don't get it.

DerailingDaTrain
05-25-2012, 01:57 PM
I am a little sad that so many of the people didn't like RP.. I just don't get it.

They probably didn't even known who he was.

BrooklynZoo
05-25-2012, 02:06 PM
These folks' opinion of Ron Paul is not likely to be swayed by the stickers. More likely than not, they're politically apathetic drones who don't know or understand anything about Ron Paul.

Now if someone stuck a Mitt Romney sticker on me, I'd know someone was playing a joke on me, because Mitt Romney doesn't have unpaid supporters with that kind of enthusiasm and jovial spirit.

Elwar
05-25-2012, 02:09 PM
Thanks to this prank I no longer support Ron Paul!!!

I am now a communist!

YarYarYar!!!