PDA

View Full Version : 15 Senators Who Voted to Stop Armed FDA Agents From Conducting Warrantless Raids on Farms

Lucille
05-24-2012, 04:17 PM
Unbelievable. Not about the Dems voting NAY, b/c everyone knows by now that they're Fascists and can't kill family farms (or any small businesses) fast enough, but Republicans in CONgress are utterly despicable.

Here Are the 15 Senators Who Voted to Stop Armed FDA Agents From Conducting Warrantless Raids on America's Farmers (Not One of Them is a Democrat) (http://reason.com/blog/2012/05/24/here-are-the-15-senators-who-voted-to-st)

Earlier today an amendment proposed by Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) that would have prevented Food and Drug Administration agents from carrying guns and from raiding farms without warrants, was voted down on the Senate floor by 78 senators. These 15 senators, meanwhile, supported the amendment. Not a single one is a Democrat:...

jmdrake
05-24-2012, 04:19 PM
That the FDA is conducting raids without warrants is in itself bad enough.

malkusm
05-24-2012, 04:31 PM
The disconnect between the grassroots left and the Democratic Party never ceases to amaze me. The grassroots left is very active in promoting sustainability, including small farms and local food co-ops. And yet, not a single Democrat in the Senate thinks it's a bad idea to allow the FDA to conduct armed, warrantless raids of farms at will, without any oversight.

Of course, most Republicans are hardly any better - who knows what the "small government" excuse for this is.

jkr
05-24-2012, 04:51 PM
evil guBBermint is evil

VOTE EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THESE TRAITORS
OUT

Pericles
05-24-2012, 05:37 PM
That the FDA is conducting raids without warrants is in itself bad enough.

It would seem that too many criminals have easy access to guns.

Brian4Liberty
05-24-2012, 07:16 PM
Surprising that they aren't shooting the livestock.

"That sheep was coming right at me and I felt threatened."

"The goose attempted to attack, at which point we had no choice but to shoot."

Origanalist
05-24-2012, 07:22 PM
Surprising that they aren't shooting the livestock.

"That sheep was coming right at me and I felt threatened."

"The goose attempted to attack, at which point we had no choice but to shoot."

Wait for it.....

Brian4Liberty
05-24-2012, 07:26 PM
Armed raid. They threw out everything. Can't have that organic meat, fruit and vegetables, it's illegal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MVwdv5HBVQ

Brett85
05-24-2012, 07:49 PM
It should be noted that Marco Rubio voted against his amendment. He has to be my least favorite GOP Senator behind Lindsey Graham. The thought of him becoming Vice President is scary.

cubical
05-24-2012, 08:05 PM
I just emailed my senators asking them why they voted against Paul's bill and telling them I would work as hard as possible to get them out of office next election.

donnay
05-24-2012, 08:52 PM
Earlier today an amendment proposed by Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) that would have prevented Food and Drug Administration agents from carrying guns and from raiding farms without warrants, was voted down on the Senate floor by 78 senators. These 15 senators, meanwhile, supported the amendment. Not a single one is a Democrat:

Kelly Ayotte (R-NH)

John Boozman (R-AR)

Jim Coburn (R-OK)

John Cornyn (R-TX)

Mike Crapo (R-ID)

Jim DeMint (R-SC)

Mike Johanns (R-NE)

Ron Johnson (R-WI)

Mike Lee (R-UT)

Rand Paul (R-KY)

Jim Risch (R-ID)

John Thune (R-SD)

Pat Toomey (R-PA)

David Vitter (R-LA)

Roger Wicker (R-MS)

http://reason.com/blog/2012/05/24/here-are-the-15-senators-who-voted-to-st

Not one democrat voted.

LibertyEagle
05-24-2012, 09:04 PM
I'm shocked. One of my senators voted for it. It's the first decent thing I remember him doing all year.

malkusm
05-25-2012, 08:40 AM
Bump. I'm writing my Senators. You should too.

Brian4Liberty
05-25-2012, 10:53 AM
I just emailed my senators asking them why they voted against Paul's bill and telling them I would work as hard as possible to get them out of office next election.

Unfortunately, the response will probably be "for the safety of FDA agents, the option to carry weapons is necessary, and the FDA always operates under established law when carrying out inspections and seizures".

Matt Collins
05-25-2012, 10:55 AM
Here is the actual link:

http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_call_lists/roll_call_vote_cfm.cfm?congress=112&session=2&vote=00107

Brian4Liberty
05-25-2012, 11:49 AM
It should be noted that Marco Rubio voted against his amendment. He has to be my least favorite GOP Senator behind Lindsey Graham. The thought of him becoming Vice President is scary.

Yeah, this is basically is a list of the DeMint associated Senators. Rubio gave a big f-u to DeMint right after he got elected. DeMint must feel a bit used after his Rubio endorsement.