PDA

View Full Version : REC membership deadline is coming up! Detailed instructions here.

Joe Jordan
05-24-2012, 12:41 PM
Every 4 years, the GOP Establishment holds Precinct Committeeman/woman elections, and (in Florida, at least) ours are coming up this August! We need everyone to represent their respective precincts in the GOP. By becoming your precinct representative, you get a voice and a vote in official GOP business. That includes selecting Party leadership AND who your County endorses. This is the best way to directly influence the Party and replace the "old guard" establishment like our friends are doing across the Country.

The Florida qualifying time frame starts May 29th once the new Precinct numbers are released, and continues until noon on June 8th.

This article (http://libertytampabay.com/rec-membership-step-by-step/) is specific to Florida, but can be used as a basis for information country-wide about what the REC membership process will entail.

http://libertytampabay.com/rec-membership-step-by-step/

Florida is tougher than most other states when it comes to influencing and/or supplanting the old guard, but if we can do it here, we can do it anywhere. It starts with Republican Executive Committee membership.

Post your own state's info here also to flesh out the information for everyone here.

tsai3904
05-24-2012, 12:49 PM
Many states' deadlines have already passed as you can see here:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?368828-Become-a-Voting-Member-of-Your-County-GOP

However, there are always many vacant positions available. I would encourage everyone to attend their County GOP meetings and get involved.

Joe Jordan
05-24-2012, 02:51 PM
Good info, tsai. More Paul supporters need to be made aware of this easy action that can have a profound effect on influencing the GOP. In addition to having a vote on official Party business, every elected Republican representative comes through these meetings at some point, and it pays to catch their ear on whatever non-liberty activities are going down in your area.

For example, I was able to debate with the Mayor recently on my issues with red light cameras. Now she knows that there is dissent amongst the "hardcore Republicans" that not all of us approve of unconstitutional red light cameras.

FSP-Rebel
05-24-2012, 07:53 PM
Even in some states with deadlines that have passed you can do a write-in campaign or get others to do so. It's a shame that people have to be reminded to do this but whatever it takes I guess. I never tell people how to spend their money but I will say that this is very important and you'll kicking yourself in the next 2-4 yrs having not done this now. Even if you're not interested in politics, this process isn't intimidating or anything. The people you see at these GOP engagements aren't overtly special people, just have a bit of confidence and stand up and put in the effort. It's not like you're pledging your life, your fortune or your sacred honor to participate in this nor do you have to march barefoot in the snow at Valley Forge, all the while starving and not knowing how your family is doing. Buck up!