PDA

View Full Version : Kent Snyder on WHO radio (Iowa) now!!

Dave
06-20-2007, 09:42 AM
Kent Snyder is being interviewed on statewide WHO radio right now!

DrStrabismus
06-20-2007, 09:45 AM
Listen Live:

http://www.whoradio.com/main.html

cujothekitten
06-20-2007, 09:48 AM
It's not loading for me, what are they talking about?

DrStrabismus
06-20-2007, 09:50 AM
host thinks that the organizations will lose respect as people find out about this. Also thinks Iowans deserve an explanation.

LibertyEagle
06-20-2007, 09:51 AM
The radio host is having people try to reach the parties in both of the forums to ask them to make a case for why they have excluded him.

The host now just mentioned his daughter receiving campaign funds. Kent handled it well.

DrStrabismus
06-20-2007, 09:52 AM
host says they "might have chased down an explanation" and will talk about it after the break

DrStrabismus
06-20-2007, 09:53 AM
It's not loading for me, what are they talking about?

did you click on the listen live link at the top? It loads into windows media player

Dave
06-20-2007, 09:55 AM
Someone is coming on after a commercial to explain why RP is excluded! WHO was working to get someone online to give an explanation and they have found someone.

WHO is very powerful in Iowa and Jan Michelson's show has a huge following - he's very intelligent, professional and well-read and has been very open-minded to Dr. Paul, who has been on his show once by phone and once in person several weeks ago.

This will be on a podcast later today but I'm furiously taking notes and will post when they are done.

LibertyEagle
06-20-2007, 09:56 AM
It's probably the PR person we have been directed to.

DrStrabismus
haha the station's jingle sounds like it's from the 50's

Dave
Ed Failor is on!

pazzo83
06-20-2007, 09:58 AM
Nice, the radio host is awesome. "A pretty lame explanation". Amen!

DrStrabismus
06-20-2007, 09:59 AM
aaaaa!!!!:mad: i lost the feed just as he was starting to say his explanation and now it's a commercial, what happened?!?!

amonasro
Hahahaha Ed your shaky voice belies your convictions.

"So if McCain called tomorrow and wanted to attend, you would say no?"

Hahaha busted!

belian78
damn right that's a lame explanation, especially when one switch was made in the lineup already.

DrStrabismus
Nice, the radio host is awesome. "A pretty lame explanation". Amen!

hahaha, that's great:D

akalucas
06-20-2007, 10:00 AM
haha ya...la lala la where farms and cities hold hands la la laaa... man they need a new jingle

LibertyEagle
06-20-2007, 10:01 AM
The interviewer is doing a good job. The guy.... that came on to explain the exclusion (I didn't catch his name), said they determined months ago who was the most credible, and would serve the interests of Iowans, blah, blah, blah. That they didn't have room for everyone. The host asked.. so if Hillary and McCain changed their minds and wanted to come, would you let him. The "explainer" said, they would have to have a meeting, but Hillary and McCain HAD been invited.

Before going to a short news break, the host asked if the "explainer" would stay over, because he thought the excuse was LAME. The "explainer" agreed to.

Dave
06-20-2007, 10:02 AM
Mickelson says Failor's excuse is lame!

Failor said they invited dems and reps alike months ago and they drew a line of viability to manage the event - to get the most credible candidates.

Mickelson said "so if McCain or Hillary decides they want to come you'd say no?"

Failor stumbled on this and said it's a hypothetical but they would have to discuss it because they had been previously invited.

Mickelson told him that was a lame excuse. They had to go to a news break so they will be off for 4-5 mins now. He asked if Failor could hold on to continue the discussion and he said he would. I wonder if Kent is still on, too.

Failor sounds nervous, his voice sounds like it's trembling a little.

DrStrabismus
06-20-2007, 10:03 AM
haha ya...la lala la where farms and cities hold hands la la laaa... man they need a new jingle

maybe something like:

JAHJAH JAAAAH JAHJAH JAAAAH IOWAAH!

LibertyEagle
06-20-2007, 10:03 AM
Failor is nervous.

MsDoodahs
06-20-2007, 10:04 AM
Anyone know if he's really old? Some elderly folks have that trembly voice thing going on all the time.

If he's not old, then he's SCARED!

Probably knows this is making his org look like shit...bye bye contributions...lol...

amonasro
06-20-2007, 10:05 AM
Failor sounds nervous, his voice sounds like it's trembling a little.

He's probably stressed out over all the emails and phone calls his office has gotten in the last 24 hrs!

Dave
06-20-2007, 10:05 AM
Anyone know if he's really old? Some elderly folks have that trembly voice thing going on all the time.

If he's not old, then he's SCARED!

Probably knows this is making his org look like shit...bye bye contributions...lol...

He's about 40. His dad is about 80.

akalucas
06-20-2007, 10:06 AM
I get a feeling Ed Failor is going to get pwned

Dave
06-20-2007, 10:06 AM
There still at the newsbreak. Get on!!

www.whoradio.com (http://www.whoradio.com)

LibertyEagle
06-20-2007, 10:07 AM

Yeah... ain't it GREAT! :D

DrStrabismus
06-20-2007, 10:07 AM
The explanation about not having the space is ridiculous because some of the other candidates gave up their spaces so there are a number of open spaces left for remaining candidates

dspectre
06-20-2007, 10:09 AM
Will this clip get posted somewhere? I want to hear it in its entirety when it is available.

LibertyEagle
06-20-2007, 10:10 AM
Exactly. I hope the host hangs him on that.

I sure hope Kent is still on too.

UCFGavin
06-20-2007, 10:10 AM
any updates?

LibertyEagle
06-20-2007, 10:12 AM
Oh, this is bad. Failor is talking about his home phone number being published on the internet. Bad talk to his wife, etc. and only ONE was from Iowa.

Calling the guy at home does not portray us well. It's extremely bad form.

DrStrabismus
06-20-2007, 10:12 AM
he says they haven't gotten any calls from Iowa, hopefully some Iowans will hear this and call

LibertyEagle
06-20-2007, 10:13 AM
Failor is sticking firm on his decision not to include Dr. Paul.

LibertyEagle
06-20-2007, 10:15 AM
Failor is now talking about the type of people engaged with the campaign. ie. fringe

He says people have been trying to hack into their computers, calling a bunch of people's homes all night and saying horrid things to wives and children, etc.

belian78
06-20-2007, 10:15 AM
what's being said about these calls to his home?

pazzo83
06-20-2007, 10:16 AM
I don't either.

hells_unicorn
06-20-2007, 10:18 AM
It's BS, Failor is lying his ass off because he got caught with his pants down. I'm through giving these people the benefit of the doubt, I'm going to go onto Iowans for Tax Relief and refresh my browser a few hundred times, let's see this group function without a working website. :mad:

UCFGavin
06-20-2007, 10:19 AM
guy is so full of shit, hes playing a sympathy card.

AlexAmore
06-20-2007, 10:21 AM
I have a feeling, based on the discussion, that a lot of iowans are going to be going to Ronpaul2008.com to see what Kent wrote. This is a lot of controversy.

So it's good.

LibertyEagle
The host is doing a wonderful job.

JoshLowry
Radio Host:

This is a NO BRAINER!

It's Bull Hockey!

mdh
He's lying. Call in and call him out on his BS lies if you are in Iowa.

PatriotOne
Oh, this is bad. Failor is talking about his home phone number being published on the internet. Bad talk to his wife, etc. and only ONE was from Iowa.

Calling the guy at home does not portray us well. It's extremely bad form.

I am suspicious of anyone who does this type of thing or people who start publishing home phone numbers and encourages it. I suspect the so-called Ron Paul supporters doing this are nothing more than moles trying to torpedo him. Either that or they are useful idiots. This is exactly the type of thing that these paid shills do.

DrStrabismus
hahaha, failor is getting torn apart by the host, wow

LibertyEagle
06-20-2007, 10:22 AM
Failor is an ass!

cujothekitten
06-20-2007, 10:22 AM
Is the host calling him out for lying? And what was the guy lying about?

mdh
06-20-2007, 10:23 AM
I am suspicious of anyone who does this type of thing or people who start publishing home phone numbers and encourages it. I suspect the so-called Ron Paul supporters doing this are nothing more than moles trying to torpedo him. Either that or they are useful idiots. This is exactly the type of thing that these paid shills do.

I disagree, I think that making all of the information available to people is a good way to go. Fostering a spirit of openness and freedom is a big part of most of our ideals. The numbers that had been posted were all public, how people use them is up to them. I for one do not believe that anyone made any threats or was disrespectful. Those things sound like lies by our enemies.

amonasro
06-20-2007, 10:24 AM
I hope someone recorded this, it's totally gold.

MGS
Hes basically said hes keeping RP out no matter what.

LibertyEagle
We need a bunch of IOWANS to call and email, using the official numbers and email accounts.

UCFGavin
06-20-2007, 10:25 AM
is it on commercial right now? or is it over?

MGS
06-20-2007, 10:25 AM
Commercials

amonasro
06-20-2007, 10:26 AM
Sounds like they'll be back after the break, minus Ed who could be heard huffing and puffing throughout the whole interview.

UCFGavin
06-20-2007, 10:27 AM
is this radio station/show pretty popular? if he got owned as bad as it seems...maybe this will turn out very positively for dr. paul

mdh
I say operations should continue right up to the day of the event, with real-world support at the event in protest. Let's keep the pressure on these people. If he's not letting Dr. Paul in "no matter what", as he says, let's make him pay for that by keeping on them - emails, phone calls, visits to the offices to talk to them face-to-face.

LibertyEagle
Host is on Ron Paul's side. That's really good.

UCFGavin
06-20-2007, 10:28 AM
Well, the bad behavior that was mentioned about RP supporters was REALLY bad. No one in their right mind would agree with the kinds of harrassing phone calls that he said his family and others got.

I really hope they didn't come from RP supporters. I really do.

unless he has recordings, i call bullshit

pazzo83
Man Failor is such a TOOL!!!

JoshLowry
Hahah this host is so great for Dr. Paul... :D

cujothekitten
06-20-2007, 10:29 AM
Please tell me someone is recording this... it won't load for me :(

akalucas
It would be great if supporters of Ron Paul that live close to his office would get together and go to Ed Failor office at the same time. Couple hundred would be great.

Dave
It's over. I was on hold the last 10 minutes trying to get in.

Jan will post this on his podcast later so everyone will have it!

mdh
06-20-2007, 10:30 AM
Let's call this guy out on lying about threats/harassment. How can we go about this? I suggest more non-threatening phone calls, faxes, emails, etc to call him out on it. :)

LibertyEagle
Yeah, I wish I could have written down the last statement of the host. It was great.

DjLoTi
Jan will post this on his podcast later so everyone will have it!

Cool make a new post with link when up plz :)

belian78
06-20-2007, 10:31 AM
Let's call this guy out on lying about threats/harassment. How can we go about this? I suggest more non-threatening phone calls, faxes, emails, etc to call him out on it. :)

certainly not to his home. but yes, calls emails faxes sure.

LibertyEagle
It would be great if supporters of Ron Paul that live close to his office would get together and go to Ed Failor office at the same time. Couple hundred would be great.

Yes, the Iowans need to step up. It's their display of support that will make the difference.

hells_unicorn
Failor is using the fact that his number was on here briefly as a shield to protect his lying ass from owning up for his stonewalling. I'm not condoning any threats that were made towards him, but I'm having a very hard time sympathizing with him.

PatriotOne
I disagree, I think that making all of the information available to people is a good way to go. Fostering a spirit of openness and freedom is a big part of most of our ideals. The numbers that had been posted were all public, how people use them is up to them. I for one do not believe that anyone made any threats or was disrespectful. Those things sound like lies by our enemies.

Making phone number's of his children and wife and encouraging people to call and harass them is a good idea? With supporter's like that, who needs enemies?

I disagree with you, as did most people wen the home phone numbers were posted for his family members. Yet, whoever is behind this went about posting those numbers all over the internet, Digg, other forums, etc., regardless of the blowback they recieved from Ron Paul supporter's. Useful idiot or pretend Ron Paul supporter?

LibertyCzar
06-20-2007, 10:32 AM
Please tell me someone is recording this... it won't load for me :(

It doesn't load for me either.

JoshLowry
06-20-2007, 10:33 AM

It will be up for download soon.

DrStrabismus
06-20-2007, 10:34 AM

well, I think it's over now, they are talking about CORN now, lol:D

dspectre
He could be exaggerating about what has happened to him. Since he is being a weasel about Ron Paul not being in the forum, I really can't trust too much about what he is saying about being harassed.

LibertyCzar
He knows his number was posted all over the internet. How convenient that now he claims he received threatening phone calls. Who can dispute his claim? But we can come back and ask where are the recordings of the threatening calls?

MsDoodahs
06-20-2007, 10:35 AM
Well, the bad behavior that was mentioned about RP supporters was REALLY bad. No one in their right mind would agree with the kinds of harrassing phone calls that he said his family and others got.

I really hope they didn't come from RP supporters. I really do.

YES, I am SURE it came from RP supporters.

I was sent an email at 10 last night through the meetup site, it listed home phone numbers and encouraged calls.

I objected, and was pretty much told to sit down and shut up.

I knew this was PRECISELY what would happen.

belian78
06-20-2007, 10:36 AM
He knows his number was posted all over the internet. How convenient that now he claims he received threatening phone calls. Who can dispute his claim? But we can come back and ask where are the recordings of the threatening calls?

well, yes and no. it would be very easy to fake a tape of a harrassing call.

DrStrabismus
06-20-2007, 10:37 AM

I think it's very likely that some idiots actually did call his home. Even one call late at night would be very disturbing. However, Failor did say he understands that it is anyone's right to call him if they want to.

beermotor
06-20-2007, 10:37 AM
No sense crying over spilled milk. If he doesn't want harassing phone calls, maybe he should try ... you know ... playing fair?

Not condoning what was done, but I've emailed and faxed and been a good boy.

cujothekitten
06-20-2007, 10:38 AM

I was sent an email at 10 last night through the meetup site, it listed home phone numbers and encouraged calls.

The home numbers are on ronpaulforum as well
http://www.ronpaulforum.com/showthread.php?t=524

JoshLowry
06-20-2007, 10:39 AM
There were a lot of angry people yesterday.

It doesn't surprise me. I don't condone it, but there are so many passionate people following Dr. Paul it's just going to happen. What they did was wrong, but two wrongs don't make a right.

Make a road trip to Iowa and show your support.

DrStrabismus
Failor and Anuzis should get together and start a support group for themselves

LibertyCzar
http://www.digg.com/2008_us_elections/Petition_to_Invite_Ron_Paul_to_Iowa_Debate

Digg this before it is buried.

mdh
06-20-2007, 10:41 AM
Making phone number's of his children and wife and encouraging people to call and harass them is a good idea? With supporter's like that, who needs enemies?

I disagree with you, as did most people wen the home phone numbers were posted for his family members. Yet, whoever is behind this went about posting those numbers all over the internet, Digg, other forums, etc., regardless of the blowback they recieved from Ron Paul supporter's. Useful idiot or pretend Ron Paul supporter?

No one posted any numbers that were not registered to people directly involved with the organizations in question. Allegations of family members, children, wives, etc numbers are just that - unfounded allegations made by the enemies of this movement. If you feel otherwise, post proof. I am calling you out on making such allegations. Until you've posted proof that any numbers that were posted anywhere were not the numbers of those at the top of the organizations in questions, I can't consider this a serious matter, only more rhetoric from our enemies.
One note: Edward Failor Junior and Senior are both high-ups in the taxrelief.org crew, and so Ed Senior's "child"s phone number was likely posted as well. If that's what you're talking about, then please check their website and note that both of these individuals are officers in the organization.

Moderation in the pursuit of liberty is no virtue.

hells_unicorn
If he didn't want to get called at home at all hours he should have thought about that before he acted like a complete jackass. If you're going to pull crap like this, make sure your number is unlisted, otherwise cry to someone else because I'll have none of it.

People seriously need to stop walking on eggshells here, these people are walking all over us and some people are going a bit too far out of their way to give these people respect that they are clearly not worthy of.

DrStrabismus
hopefully their offices are not too jammed up for any Iowans to get through!

AlexAmore
06-20-2007, 10:42 AM

I have noticed from the beginning that Ron Paul supporters haven't quite learned the concept of blowback themselves. They think they can be as fringe, whacky, and crazy as they want when getting his name out. First 9/11, then the plastering of Ron Paul signs all over town idea, and now this.

It's not about the truth of anything...it's about PERCEPTION OF THE MASSES! We need a good perception for the masses

MsDoodahs
I know that the good mods here did their best to keep the bad apples from posting home numbers, but people are going to do what they are going to do.

They alone are responsible for their personal actions.

They are adults and knew that this would be a likely outcome from such outrageous behavior.

They chose - as self responsible individuals - to do it ANYWAY.

That it reflects so badly on the Paul campaign is unfortunate.

mdh
No sense crying over spilled milk. If he doesn't want harassing phone calls, maybe he should try ... you know ... playing fair?

Not condoning what was done, but I've emailed and faxed and been a good boy.

If you don't want a phone number to be public then don't... err... make it public! All of the phone numbers that I had posted, I confirmed to be public numbers. I would never promote the invasion of someone's privacy by reposting private/unlisted numbers.

UCFGavin
06-20-2007, 10:43 AM

there is a difference between calling and harassing. just because people were calling doesn't mean they were all like that.

LibertyEagle
06-20-2007, 10:44 AM
" Originally Posted by mdh
I disagree, I think that making all of the information available to people is a good way to go. Fostering a spirit of openness and freedom is a big part of most of our ideals. The numbers that had been posted were all public, how people use them is up to them. I for one do not believe that anyone made any threats or was disrespectful. Those things sound like lies by our enemies."

I'm sorry, what do people not understand about the fact that OUR behavior reflects on Dr. Paul's campaign? If we want to give the man a chance, we MUST conduct ourselves in an honorable manner. There are all kinds of whack jobs on the internet as a whole. When we publish home numbers to the general public (for example, on DIGG), we are inviting both honorable people AND whack jobs to call these numbers, in the name of Dr. Paul's campaign. As supporters of Ron Paul, is this the kind of example we want to set? In my opinion, the answer is a resounding NO.

mdh
06-20-2007, 10:45 AM
I have noticed from the beginning that Ron Paul supporters haven't quite learned the concept of blowback themselves. They think they can be as fringe, whacky, and crazy as they want when getting his name out. First 9/11, then the plastering of Ron Paul signs all over town idea, and now this.

It's not about the truth of anything...it's about PERCEPTION OF THE MASSES! We need a good perception for the masses

The actions by supporters are blowback against these idiots in Iowa who chose to exclude Dr. Paul. That's blowback. To try and make it sound like the Ron Paul activists fired the first shots or something is silly. Furthermore, any allegations of threatening or harassing behavior are unfounded allegations and no more until proof is made public. Or have you forgotten 'innocent until proven guilty'?

cujothekitten
06-20-2007, 10:45 AM
I don't condone it but honestly it's bound to happen. I'm sure every candidate gets some rough mail... this is no different.

If you do something to piss people off you're bound to get some grief for it. This goes for anyone regardless of political position.

Liberty
06-20-2007, 10:46 AM
It sounds like Failor isn't going to budge. At minimum, the event should be protested with Iowans in front. If Dr. Paul was able to speak outside the event, he would probably draw a larger crowd than the event.

LibertyCzar
06-20-2007, 10:47 AM
http://www.digg.com/2008_us_elections/Petition_to_Invite_Ron_Paul_to_Iowa_Debate

Digg this before it is buried.

We should silently Digg this, without even adding comments. The information is self evident. There is no reason to get into virtual shoving matches.

torchbearer
06-20-2007, 10:47 AM
Is there a Iowa meet-up group on this?

mdh
06-20-2007, 10:48 AM
It sounds like Failor isn't going to budge. At minimum, the event should be protested with Iowans in front. If Dr. Paul was able to speak outside the event, he would probably draw a larger crowd than the event.

That would be awesome. :)

LibertyEagle
If he didn't want to get called at home at all hours he should have thought about that before he acted like a complete jackass. If you're going to pull crap like this, make sure your number is unlisted, otherwise cry to someone else because I'll have none of it.

People seriously need to stop walking on eggshells here, these people are walking all over us and some people are going a bit too far out of their way to give these people respect that they are clearly not worthy of.

Well, stick to your guns, unicorn. By all means. We will also end up with NONE of Ron Paul.

UCFGavin

Ron Paul supporters should also be there handing out papers with Dr. Paul's voting record regarding tax.

MsDoodahs
06-20-2007, 10:49 AM
Cujo, I agree totally.

I chose - as a self responsible individual - not to participate in calling those folks at home because I personally view that as a form of harrassment.

Others chose differently.

Now, they get to own it.

LibertyCzar
06-20-2007, 10:50 AM
How does he even know who was from Iowa and who wasn't? Sounds like a cop out to me.

MsDoodahs
06-20-2007, 10:51 AM
What station was it on?

JoshLowry
Make a road trip to this event this weekend!

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=3748

LibertyEagle
How does he even know who was from Iowa and who wasn't? Sounds like a cop out to me.

Caller ID?

propanes
A rally outside could be some good publicity.

If the guy is complaining about phone calls at home he forgot that facing public rath and outrage is part being high profile. Personaly I wouldn't call his home.

UtahApocalypse
is the podcast up yet?

DrStrabismus
06-20-2007, 10:52 AM
What station was it on?

AM 1040 WHO

LibertyCzar
06-20-2007, 10:52 AM
Caller ID?

Maybe we could all change our cellphones to an Iowa area code. And then we could call back.

LibertyEagle
06-20-2007, 10:53 AM
Maybe we could all change our cellphones to an Iowa area code. And then we could call back.

:D

Seamaiden
06-20-2007, 10:56 AM
Someone in our local meetup group actually posted his home number and address, asking if anyone would call him at home. I responded that I felt it was inappropriate, and would do little to help the man change his mind. I suggested that it is still better to use official channels. That being said, I have no doubt that some, if not many, of the calls were threatening.

I did sign an online petition to ask that Dr. Paul and all Republican candidates be included in the forum. Mine was only signature 2377.

The link to sign is here (my apologies if it's already been posted): http://www.petitiononline.com/rp063007/

DrStrabismus
06-20-2007, 10:56 AM

I think we should leave that up to real Iowans. RP is honest, that scheme doesn't sound honest. You should certainly still call from your own number though

Liberty
06-20-2007, 10:57 AM
Failor stressed almost all contact supporting Ron Paul came from out of state, implying we don't matter. However, what happens in Iowa can set the tone for the national campaign. So Ed, your decision to censor Ron Paul does affect me!

mdh
06-20-2007, 10:59 AM
That being said, I have no doubt that some, if not many, of the calls were threatening.

I have every doubt; this is someone who we know doesn't like us making these sorts of egregious claims without backing them up at all. We can't buy into that kind of rhetoric. We must assume any such claims from our enemies to be bogus, and give full faith and confidence to our fellow patriots.

AlexAmore
06-20-2007, 11:01 AM
The actions by supporters are blowback against these idiots in Iowa who chose to exclude Dr. Paul. That's blowback. To try and make it sound like the Ron Paul activists fired the first shots or something is silly. Furthermore, any allegations of threatening or harassing behavior are unfounded allegations and no more until proof is made public. Or have you forgotten 'innocent until proven guilty'?

I am with you on that...unfortunately I consider myself a pretty smart guy who can see through bullshit (the unfortunate part is I am a minority imo). The majority who are sheeple probably can't objectively know what happened concerning those phone calls, all they know is what Ed told them. Sheeple rely on emotions and sensationalism to manufactor their beliefs; "innocent until proven guilty" is part of the logic doctrine.

mdh
06-20-2007, 11:03 AM
I am with you on that...unfortunately I consider myself a pretty smart guy who can see through bullshit (the unfortunate part is I am a minority imo). The majority who are sheeple probably can't objectively know what happened concerning those phone calls, all they know is what Ed told them. Sheeple rely on emotions and sensationalism to manufactor their beliefs; "innocent until proven guilty" is part of the logic doctrine.

I can agree with that. What makes you think he wouldn't be making these egregious claims even if his home details were unlisted and never became known to anyone in our movement? I'd bet he'd be spewing the same rhetoric. That's how people like that operate.

LibertyEagle
06-20-2007, 11:04 AM
mdh...

If someone would actually think it was appropriate to call someone at their home, seems to me they have already broken the boundary of what is ethical. I guess we'll never know for sure, but I cannot dismiss the likelihood that some of the calls were harrassing.

mdh
06-20-2007, 11:08 AM
If someone would actually think it was appropriate to call someone at their home, seems to me they have already broken the boundary of what is ethical.

Long cat is long.
Public information is public.

I guess we'll never know for sure, but I cannot dismiss the likelihood that some of the calls were harrassing.

I can, but I never have been a blind faith kinda guy. I've always demanded proof, especially for claims such as this against my fellow patriots. If he came out and said *you* were one of the people doing it, I'd give you the benefit, too. :)

Seamaiden
06-20-2007, 11:08 AM
I make my statement based upon my own experience when running for a seat in a local government council. It was the water district council, and you folks would not believe the tone of many of the calls I received, at my home, regarding my decision simply to run. Considering that this city had fewer than 5,000 residents at the time, considering what previously friendly neighbors had to say to my face, I have no doubt whatsoever that it is highly likely that at least some calls were threatening. If proof is provided, it only further serves to suggest that Dr. Paul and his supporters are from the lunatic fringe.

Douglass Bartley
06-20-2007, 11:09 AM
If I remember correctly, Reagan used to announce Cubs games at WHO out of Des Moines. He of course couldn't see the Chicago games from Iowa, but he had a ticker with a two-minute delay that he could read from and then try to sound like an announcer. Once the tape broke and Reagan had to have a a single batter foul off about 12 pitches while repair were made.

BLS
06-20-2007, 11:09 AM
I can't find any podcasts on their site.
Does anybody have a recording?

dspectre
06-20-2007, 11:10 AM
I'm not here to justify bad actions. I really can't stand people being rude.

But to expect the number of people on the internet to just act "nice" is ridiculous and unrealistic. It's like going to the bad part of town and crying about it when something bad happens to you. No it's not right, but you are the one who went to the bad part of town.

If 10,000 people are calling and emailing this guy statistically, there are going to be a bad few in the bunch. That goes with our culture.

This Failor guy is in politics, he needs to take some responsibility. Can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.

MsDoodahs
06-20-2007, 11:10 AM
mdh...

If someone would actually think it was appropriate to call someone at their home, seems to me they have already broken the boundary of what is ethical. I guess we'll never know for sure, but I cannot dismiss the likelihood that some of the calls were harrassing.

Exactly.

Hell, I was harrassed for expressing my view that calls to their homes at 10pm at night was not a good idea.

:rolleyes:

LibertyCzar
06-20-2007, 11:12 AM
Personally, I don't think anyone should be called at home. It is enough that the office is flooded. If we can prevent this group from essentially functioning, that is sufficient.

From what I've seen of Ron Paul's campaign, it is high on excellent etiquette. If we are to take action on Ron Paul's behalf, it should come close to the example set by Ron Paul.

Dave
06-20-2007, 11:12 AM
Jan Mickelson at WHO won't have his podcast up until later this afternoon so here's a summary from my notes. My notes aren't perfect so don't take anything as gospel until you hear the podcast. Forgive me for not trying to dress this up and make it look nice.

Kent explained to Jan that this isn't a debate - more of an ongoing program of speakers - a platform.

Kent described the defensiveness and hostility toward HQ inquiry about being included. HQ genuinely thought they must have misplaced the invite since they get so many invites to events now.

Jan says he has helped promote these 2 sponsors and is shocked. Didn't know these orgs were in the business of excluding bona fide candidates.

Kent says some of the supporting organizations are shocked. Reminds hims of the MI stunds (Saul Azunis).

RP has been named Taxpayers Best Friend by Taxpayers Union.

Jan: these are 2 respectable orgs and they will lose some credibility if they exclude RP. Assistant is trying to reach Scheffler right now and will try to purse ITR. Say Iowa folks deserve an explanation for this.

Jan then asks about this story of a relative working for RP and asks if that's unethical. Kent acknowledges one of RP daughters is the office mgr in Clute, TX. Says you must divide the stated $ by 7-8 years so it's not much $ at all. Says it's not unethical and is common, not illegal. She's quite capable and paid modestly. Kent considers this a compliment - if they're not attacking you then you're not dong much.

Ed Failor calls in (Jan has a HUGE audience and things like this happen all the time). Says we invited dems and reps alike (EF sounds nervous - voice is trembling) They drew a line of viability to manage the event and decide months ago - to get the most credible.

Jan - so if mccain or hillary calls and wants to come you'd say no?

EF - (fumbles, tries to evade) that's a hypothetical. We would discuss it. But they were invited.

Jan - that is a LAME excuse!

-news break-

Jan - political wrinkle has happened and it's making national news. Turning spotlight on these 2 orgs that neglect...

If you mission is tax reform i think RP would be the 1st person you would ask!

EF - Were a 501(c)3 so we can't use a political angle to base invites on. We are 2 private orgs - we can do whatever we want. Hy-Vee (grocery store) isn't obligated to offer all kinds of pop (soda to you people outside of IA). In the Mason-Dixon poll PR was <1% a few months ago (Gilmore was higher? - who has since been replaced with Hunter). We don't have to offer to all.

Jan - I agree but now things have changed.

EF - people from out of state are calling my home and saying awful things to my wife and kids (he's mad - wouldn't you be?) Jan doens't condone this. EF says only 1 in 40 were from an Iowa number and that person didn't leave a message so he thinks they're doing a good job in representing the wants of Iowans.

Jan - if you're tring to present a good forum then why exclude? EF - because the decision was made months ago.

? - RP doesn't merit Iowans consideration at this time.

EF - people are trying to hack and break into our servers...we made the right call. Fringe type people are supporting RP.

EF somehow agrees that RP has a wonderful record.

Kent - this guy is talking in cirlces. There were 10 candidates in every natl debate and RP won all the online polls afterward. Saying RP is not credible is nonsense. A few months ago Tancredo was just an exploratory committee. Gilmore and Hunter were included. Why is RP excluded? They have right to invite whoever they want but the issue is for them to explain why RP excluded. ABC just confirmed RP will be on the AUG 5 debate in Des Moines. RP tops chart after every debate. The support from Iowa with $ and volunteers is overwhelming.

Jan - rank and file of these organizations should be asking.

EF - RP not only one excluded. Cox, Klein, Gravel were not invited.

Jan - it's a low blow for people to harass you.

EF - campaign encouraged this. Kent denounces negative tactics.

EF - You printed a lie when you said we wouldn't answer you...lacked scruples.

Jan - I like RP and I'm thinking this is all unnecessary and now it's been made personal but that's a waste. These 2 orgs are compatible with RP. If you can't accomodate 1 extra candidate how can you deal with the real world?

? - You're negative

Jan - This is a no-brainer...(something)...Bull Hockey!

EF - something about if we said no but now change our mind and say yes then we lose credibility. RPHQ (Lew Moore) was yelling at me. Cox was a gentleman.

Jan - your (orgs? credibility?) is legendary but RP is the #1 tax reliever. You should give him a purple robe and a limo!

Kent - RP just spoke at Natl Taxpayers Union and rates top. EF - I'm on the board.

Jan - just relax and invite the guy.

EF - It's not going to happen.

My notes end here because I was on the phone with Jan's people and trying to get on as an Iowa RP supporter who denounces negative tactics and has given to ITR in the past. They ran out of time to get me on.

hells_unicorn
06-20-2007, 11:14 AM
Well, stick to your guns, unicorn. By all means. We will also end up with NONE of Ron Paul.

I did not nor do I condone calling this man's house, despite the fact that I was frustrated at not being able to get a message into his office voice mail, but you are assuming that:

1. Failor is telling the truth, which we have no evidence of.
2. That the calls were actually threatening, which we have no evidence of.
3. That if one or two people overreact that everyone needs to apologize for it or be worried.

I can guarantee you that despite Ron Paul's grandeur in the face of the horrid way he is being treated in the Republican Party, he will be getting him zero respect with his enemies. Perhaps I should thank them for being so ridiculous in the things they do because it is bringing attention to the campaign, but these people will continue to pull this crap until they are called out, and the fact that a few novices went too far should not take the wind out of our sails.

LibertyEagle
06-20-2007, 11:14 AM
dspectre...

I agree and I am going to let this whole thing drop, because it's all in the past now. But before I do, I want to suggest that we do everything in our power to use good judgement when posting things to DIGG, blogs, or anywhere else, requesting action from the general public and not put anything in those posts that will encourage actions that will reflect poorly on the good doctor's campaign.

ARealConservative
06-20-2007, 11:16 AM
I threatened his staff.

I went their yesterday. I told them if we were not happy with the explanation giving, we would be outside their building with signs. We would be outside their forum with signs, and we would make people understand who is right and who is wrong. I said it isn't too late to change course.

I called back 10 minutes ago, said I listed to the program, and know who lied. He asked how I know. I said because I called you yesterday, I emailed you yesterday, and I dropped in your office yesterday. You are an outright liar and will be exposed for this.

BLS
06-20-2007, 11:19 AM
Jan Mickelson at WHO won't have his podcast up until later this afternoon so here's a summary from my notes. My notes aren't perfect so don't take anything as gospel until you hear the podcast. Forgive me for not trying to dress this up and make it look nice.

Thanks Dave for the breakdown.

randolphus maximus
06-20-2007, 11:20 AM
Thanks for the blow by blow Dave, nice job! It makes me want to look for the podcast later on this afternoon.

mdh
06-20-2007, 11:22 AM
Jan - it's a low blow for people to harass you.

EF - campaign encouraged this.

That says it all with regards to how much credence we can lend to any accusations this man made.

LibertyCzar
06-20-2007, 11:23 AM
Jan then asks about this story of a relative working for RP and asks if that's unethical. Kent acknowledges one of RP daughters is the office mgr in Clute, TX. Says you must divide the stated $ by 7-8 years so it's not much $ at all. Says it's not unethical and is common, not illegal. She's quite capable and paid modestly. Kent considers this a compliment - if they're not attacking you then you're not dong much.

If she did work in the role of an employee, what is wrong with getting paid?

PatriotOne
06-20-2007, 11:28 AM
I threatened his staff.

I went their yesterday. I told them if we were not happy with the explanation giving, we would be outside their building with signs. We would be outside their forum with signs, and we would make people understand who is right and who is wrong. I said it isn't too late to change course.

I called back 10 minutes ago, said I listed to the program, and know who lied. He asked how I know. I said because I called you yesterday, I emailed you yesterday, and I dropped in your office yesterday. You are an outright liar and will be exposed for this.

Whoot! Blowback is a bitch isn't it Ed? ;) Glad to know that your support group is taking up the cause. If nothing else, we need to send a really strong message to all future organizer's that this will not be tolerated and we will make them regret censorship and shenanigan's publically. In reality, this is the battle we face.

akalucas
06-20-2007, 11:30 AM
ARealConservative is there meetup group there or know more supporters in that area so guys can go as a group to the office. If so how many people could u rally up to head there.

Seamaiden
I threatened his staff.

Good to know that there is someone in Iowa who's taken action!

However, I feel I must reiterate, if we can gauge behavior online to be anything at all reflective of what we see on the phone (and it is a good measure, both are relatively anonymous -- dialing *67 blocks your number from being viewable by caller ID) then I will accept wholeheartedly that Failor received threatening phone calls. To assert that we need proof of human nature is just a wee bit naive, and to me it makes us appear as unwilling to see or know the truth as anyone else. As for the hacking, well, we host our own website (completely unrelated) on our own home server, and people try to hack us all the time. This is definitely not outside the realm of reality or plausibility in my opinion.

Oh yes, thanks Dave for posting the notes! My Gentoo Linux platform is problematic with many players (yes, I intend to make the switch to Ubuntu very soon), and I cannot utilize a podcast, either. :)

MsDoodahs
That says it all with regards to how much credence we can lend to any accusations this man made.

Um....WE are the campaign.

The meetup groups ARE the campaign.

Also, Kent sent out the call yesterday for calls to be made - though Kent did NOT in any way request that these people be HARRASSED AT HOME.

So, you see, as unfortunate a situation as this is, the guy is NOT making any FALSE accusations there, mdh.

LibertyEagle
06-20-2007, 11:32 AM
There is now an Iowa coordinator. His name is Joe Seehusen.
joe@ronpaul2008.com

jj111
06-20-2007, 11:38 AM
I think that the next step is to call the corporate sponsors and tell them RESPECTFULLY who Ron Paul is, what his level of support is, that he has been in 3 national televised debates and is invited to the next one as well, and why this decision by ITR is WRONG, UNFAIR, and reeks of political favoritism and dirty politics. I think the corporate sponsors now need to be asked THEIR stance on this. Are they going to make a public statement about whether they want Ron Paul invited or not. We tell them why being involved in a scandle about the fairness of this forum is not in their best interest. We ask them to consider either
1) Making a public statement asking that Ron Paul be invited
or
2) Making a public statement saying that they support Ron Paul's exclusion from the debates.
or
3) Withdraw their co-sponsorship of the debates.

Money talks.
Businesses care very much about their public relations and their repuatations.
I say that at this time, the people to talk with are the corporate co-sponsors of this event.
I do not think it is time for the Ron Paul supporters to roll over and play dead.
I say we should continue to assert ourselves, and now spread our message to the corporate co-sponsors.
ALWAYS be nice, professional, courteous....
NEVER be mean or discourteous.
Ask them questions.
Ask them if they are aware of all these issues?
Ask them if they are aware that this controversy was just aired on Iowa radio?
Ask them if they understand why Ron Paul continues to be refused an invitation to this forum?
Ask them if they think this is fair?
Ask them if they think it is going to be good PR for their company to sponsor such an event that has generated so many questions about fairness, bias, and conflicts of interest.
I think the next step is take this to the corporate co-sponsors.
Let's see what they have to say.

jj111
06-20-2007, 11:41 AM
I have listed some information about the corporate co-sponsors of this event on the longer thread about this event, posted about an hour ago. I am going to call the corporate co-sponsors at least once a day until I get some sort of official statement from them about this.

Spatch67
06-20-2007, 11:43 AM
Greetings all! I've been at work and unable to follow along on all the latest. Just wanted to pass out a thanks to Dave and everyone else for the updates!

JoshLowry
06-20-2007, 12:02 PM
Keep your eyes open here: http://www.mickelson.libsyn.com/

That's where it will be posted.

Scribbler de Stebbing
06-20-2007, 12:09 PM
Hes basically said hes keeping RP out no matter what.

Tell you what, all Ron Paul supporters within 300 miles or a 4 hour drive of Des Moines need to show up at noon at Hy-Vee Hall on June 30. I'm working on getting a group of Minnesotans down there. Some of us need to get into the forum and ask questions. Well, one question over and over. And over.

DrStrabismus
06-20-2007, 12:16 PM

It looks like from the previous podcasts, he's had Hunter and Tancredo on his show, has Paul been on his show? Maybe we should ask Mickelson to get Paul on his show this week.

Starlight
06-20-2007, 12:41 PM
I am so angry about this all-too-obvious snubbing of Dr. Paul - a blatant attempt at keeping him silent and out-of-sight of the voters. They probably thought no one would ever notice............:p

Excluding the no. 1 low taxes champion from taking part in a forum on (exactly that) - low taxes - makes about as much sense as if

- an association of black voters invited all presidential candidates to a debate except Barack Obama

- an organization promoting women in politics would invite everyone but Hillary Clinton

- a staunchly pro-war military interest group would send out an invitation to all candidates with the exception of John McCain

Madness!!! :eek:

hambone1982
06-20-2007, 12:49 PM
I think that we may end up getting a lot more coverage if Dr. Paul is kept out of the Forum. If we keep up the protest and if we keep calling radio shows and TV shows, the story will get covered, like it did today.

Talk about Blowback.

This may end up helping Ron Paul A LOT - it would be the complete opposite effect that the powers that be intended in keeping him out of the Iowa Forum.

Keep up the good work gang. Keep Calling/emailing your local news providers as the event get closer. The BAN (by non-invitation) of a major Presidential candidate is big news - for any Newspaper or TV Station.

G-khan
06-20-2007, 12:55 PM

I think their web site is getting overloaded.................

Action Patriot
06-20-2007, 12:58 PM
I called both groups several times...I live in Ames, IA. I was very respectful everytime leaving messages. None of my calls have been returned.

Saying people are calling and threatening or hating is their tactic when they don't have answers. Smear and fear is their game.

I'll be at the forum on the 30th. I'm currently in Atlanta and may be moving my return trip up a week so I can confront these two organizations with a video camera and a microphone and get it posted to the net.

Keep calling!!!

jj111
06-20-2007, 12:58 PM
I think that we may end up getting a lot more coverage if Dr. Paul is kept out of the Forum. If we keep up the protest and if we keep calling radio shows and TV shows, the story will get covered, like it did today.

Talk about Blowback.

This may end up helping Ron Paul A LOT - it would be the complete opposite effect that the powers that be intended in keeping him out of the Iowa Forum.

Keep up the good work gang. Keep Calling/emailing your local news providers as the event get closer. The BAN (by non-invitation) of a major Presidential candidate is big news - for any Newspaper or TV Station.

The best coverage is going to be from local Iowa radio talk shows. Does anybody have a list of phone numbers and times for Iowa radio talk shows? Once we have the list, we should all be calling in. You may have to not talk specifically about this issue when you talk with the call screener, because they are going to try to screen out our calls after the first person calls in about this issue.....

Let's flood these Iowa talk shows with discussion about the election.....

AgentSmith
06-20-2007, 01:01 PM
http://media.libsyn.com/media/mickelson/mickelson-2007-06-20.mp3

PatriotOne
06-20-2007, 01:09 PM

Thanks Agent.

If anyone else is having problems getting this file to "open" (like I was) try saving the file instead and then open it that way. Worked for me.

angrydragon
06-20-2007, 01:10 PM
cool, thanks!

mdh
06-20-2007, 01:10 PM
60:00 is the start

Dave
06-20-2007, 01:17 PM

The Ron Paul action begins at about the one hour mark.

When you're done, go back and listen starting at the 37 minute mark. He has the author of "The Politically Incorrect Guide to the Constitution" on and it's a really good segment.

mdh
06-20-2007, 01:24 PM
Wowee, this Failor guy is such a weasel!

maggiebott
06-20-2007, 01:26 PM
Tried saving it and nothing uploaded....zero percent

PatriotOne
06-20-2007, 01:52 PM
OMG...Ed's voice got higher and higher and faster and faster. He was totally owned and sounded so incredibly uncredible it was ridiculous.

I wish the fact that Ron Paul has recieved recongnition from Congress for the last 10 YEARS as being the taxpayers best friend was mentioned though.

brumans
06-20-2007, 01:53 PM
Someone edit just the Ron Paul segment from that mp3 and host it somewhere.

DrStrabismus
06-20-2007, 01:55 PM
The Ron Paul action begins at about the one hour mark.

When you're done, go back and listen starting at the 37 minute mark. He has the author of "The Politically Incorrect Guide to the Constitution" on and it's a really good segment.

wow, that constitution discussion was very good, very similar to what Paul says. I really think that this host would love to talk to Paul

jj111
06-20-2007, 01:57 PM
wow, that constitution discussion was very good, very similar to what Paul says. I really think that this host would love to talk to Paul

I think the host mentioned that he already had Ron Paul on that radio show a few weeks ago.

DrStrabismus
06-20-2007, 02:00 PM
I think the host mentioned that he already had Ron Paul on that radio show a few weeks ago.

oh cool, well that's very good

MsDoodahs
06-20-2007, 02:02 PM
Iowa Radio Stations list:

http://www.usnpl.com/radio/iaradio.php

Dave
06-20-2007, 02:03 PM

Ron Paul appeared via phone back around March. He was in the studio on 4-12 and it was very good.

DrStrabismus
06-20-2007, 02:05 PM
Ron Paul appeared via phone back around March. He was in the studio on 4-12 and it was very good.

sounds like it's time for a repeat appearance

wwycher
06-20-2007, 02:07 PM
Wow that guy is a weasel. I hope his superiors make him apoligize publicly to Dr. Paul.

DjLoTi
06-20-2007, 02:15 PM
That guy sounded like he hated life and wanted to cry. Keep calling! Don't stop calling their offices!!!

CurtisLow
06-20-2007, 03:38 PM
I just want to thank everyone in the beginning of this thread for the play by play action.
:)

It kept me on the edge of my seat!!! Great stuff!
I sent about 40+ emails out last night and will be sending more out tonight.

thanks again! great job all!

Bloody Holly
06-20-2007, 03:41 PM
How in the hell is Huckabee and Tom Tancredo a credible candidate and Ron Paul is not??

:mad:

Erazmus
06-20-2007, 03:48 PM
Thanks for posting the link. The website took FOREVER to open, but downloading the mp3 now.

JoshLowry
06-20-2007, 03:50 PM
Here is a mirror if the other link doesn't work: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/mickelson.mp3

Please right click and save as.

The exchange is in the last 1/4 of the show and is near the 1 hour mark.

Hopefully this doesn't crash the server. :p

anewvoice
06-20-2007, 03:51 PM
Just thought I'd throw my 2 cents in.

1) Making threats is 3 things. First, it's potentially a crime, second it's improper and third it's counter-productive.
1a) That does not mean I tak his word for it.

2) More importantly is the concept of calling someone at home. It has long been known to we internet folk how easy it is to locate a persons address, phone number, political affiliations and for a modest fee a complete background package.

It sounds to me that Ed has a privacy concern. If his privacy is so damned important to him, then he has a government issue. And if that's the case, he SHOULD support Ron Paul as he's the only candidate who really respects personal liberty and privacy.

RPR-omaha
06-20-2007, 03:59 PM
I think someone connected to the campgain on this forum should contact the Ron Paul campaign and ask about calling home phone numbers. I think this issue needs some feedback from HQ.

John of Des Moines
06-20-2007, 04:01 PM
First, if the dude doesn't call the cops and report the threats he is either very stupid or doesn't want to file a false police report.

2) Went by the Iowa Christian people's office, still closed (was there yesterday) and phone was still ringing off the hook, somebody has posted several "RP is the taxpayers' best friend" things, I posted several flyers and somebody (in the office building) wrote them a note complaining they should get an answering machine since their phone was ringing all night.

3) Rudy was in town today. Had a video camera, asked him why he didn't read the 911 Commission Report and his thugs pushed me away from his SUV. boo-who

Stinker
06-20-2007, 04:02 PM
http://rapidshare.com/files/38384274/mickelson-2007-06-20.mp3

Same file just if needed

angrydragon
06-20-2007, 04:07 PM
I think someone connected to the campgain on this forum should contact the Ron Paul campaign and ask about calling home phone numbers. I think this issue needs some feedback from HQ.

Common sense says no. =)
The home family has nothing to do with the ordeal.

RPR-omaha
06-20-2007, 04:09 PM
Common sense says no. =)
The home family has nothing to do with the ordeal.

Your right. But some people seem to be letting their emotions get the best of them.

JoshLowry
06-20-2007, 04:12 PM
3) Rudy was in town today. Had a video camera, asked him why he didn't read the 911 Commission Report and his thugs pushed me away from his SUV. boo-who

Get it on Youtube!

Erazmus
06-20-2007, 04:22 PM
Get it on Youtube!

Agreed!!!!

ADGettis
06-20-2007, 04:22 PM
he says they haven't gotten any calls from Iowa, hopefully some Iowans will hear this and call

Then he's a LIAR! (Yeah, yeah, I know: Breaking news! Call the papers!)

Even though I live in Missoula now, I can and did truthfully say that I'm from Mason City, IA.

LibertyEagle
06-20-2007, 04:30 PM
I just listened to the whole thing again and I've got to say, I just love that host. He's great! He's good on the interviews he did before the one with Kent too. He actually remembers what this country was supposed to be all about and he argued with someone about our interventionist foreign policy. Just great.

jj111
06-20-2007, 04:34 PM

I cannot possibly imagine them condoning phone calls to peoples' homes if they have an alternative phone at their business. What would Ron Paul do?

anewvoice
06-20-2007, 04:37 PM
Didn't Kent himself say he did not condone calls to home phone numbers during the interview? I'll have to go listen to it again. Either way, I think it's a good lesson to note: Don't be an a-hole.

jj111
06-20-2007, 04:39 PM
Please try to verify phone numbers from a reputable source before you call them. I called a number posted here, did not realize it, but it was a home phone. I apologized and asked for the business phone. Double check the source of the numbers you use is the lesson to be learned.

G-khan
06-20-2007, 06:08 PM
If they will not allow RP to come maybe we should ask Mickelson to have RP on his show on the 30th and talk about taxes and religion?.. It may be a big boost to his show and RP would get more listeners than he would if he attended.. a win win situation for the good Dr., and Jan..

LFOD
06-20-2007, 06:39 PM
My take on this:

1) another "dust-up" - so far, every dust-up has benefited the campaign.
2) which is greater - the number of people attending that stupid forum, or the number of people who listened to that radio show? I'm betting the radio show.
3) It gives whatever local media that happen to cover the forum, a chance to put something "juicy" in their reporting, about the controversy of RP being excluded.
3) Kent sounded like a pro, Mr. Failor sounded like a whiney weiner. If I'm listening to that show, I think "who's Ron Paul, and what's the big deal about inviting him?"

advantage: RP.

Chibioz
06-20-2007, 06:42 PM
Kent Snyder handled himself very well. I liked the host too, he let it be known that he thought Ed Failor was full of it. Great stuff.

mikelovesgod
06-20-2007, 06:46 PM
Believe it or not I think Ed has one point, among many non-points, don't call his house in order to make your point and harass his family. What an insane thought.

Other than that blast him in his office, and Iowians YOU NEED TO CALL this guy and record how many people call his office. Dr. Paul's campaign need some kind of rough tally of how many people will support him and be there for his campaign.

dspectre
06-20-2007, 06:49 PM
Ok I already posted this on another thread, but I feel I need to make this kind of loud and clear here....

I'm going to just express this opinion because people don't get it....

I don't think it is good or right, but we live in a very direct culture.

This is one thing I find annoying about American culture actually, but that's part of it.

Now, people making calls to Ed's home is not good. I don't agree with it and it is wrong. I can't stand rude people.

However, if 10,000's of American people are calling, what are you suppose to expect? Everybody knows what Ed did was dishonest, it is obvious to almost anyone since he gives a bad explanation. It's like the guy who hangs out with the "bad group" and gets hurt. Was it wrong? Yes!! But you went with the bad group and guess what happened? Take some responsibility.

This guy is in a position where he is suppose to take responsibility. He's showing that he can't handle it too well. And he wants to cry about it and act like a victim, like he didn't have anything to do with this. That's rubbish.

I get tired of our culture being obsessed with being nice for the wrong reasons. This guy doesn't merit respect, he got Blow Back. Was it right for these people to do it? No, but that's how it works and he needs to buck up cowboy.

LibertyEagle
06-20-2007, 06:58 PM
If they will not allow RP to come maybe we should ask Mickelson to have RP on his show on the 30th and talk about taxes and religion?.. It may be a big boost to his show and RP would get more listeners than he would if he attended.. a win win situation for the good Dr., and Jan..

Now, I think THIS is a great idea. But, we shouldn't all spam him though. Maybe this should be something suggested to the new Iowa Ron Paul Campaign Manager.
joe@ronpaul2008.com

slantedview
06-20-2007, 07:06 PM
Here's the campaign e-mail:

June 20, 2007

Jan Mickelson of WHO News Radio 1040 in Des Moines interviewed Ron Paul 2008 chairman Kent Snyder today about Ron Paul being excluded from the upcoming candidates forum sponsored by Iowans for Tax Relief and Iowa Christian Alliance. Ed Failor of Iowans for Tax Relief joined the interview later to explain why his group decided to keep Ron Paul out.

"Congressman Ron Paul isn't welcome at the Iowans for Tax Relief and Iowa Christian Alliance candidates forum. Oversight? Nope. Kent Snyder from Ron Paul's campaign and Ed Failor from ITR exchange words. Lotsa them." -- Wednesday, June 20, 2007, WHO News Radio 1040

Direct Download of MP3 File (interview starts at 1:01:16)

Background
http://blog.ronpaul2008.com/ron_paul_2008/2007/06/ron_paul_exclud.html