PDA

View Full Version : Our man Ron Paul is looking to be the top fundraiser by the end of the 4th quarter!

Pete Kay
11-16-2007, 01:22 AM
And this is right before the Iowa caucuses!

Look at last quarter's numbers according to FEC reports:

Fred Thompson $12,717,993
Rudy Giuliani $11,253,552
Mitt Romney $9,533,269
John McCain $5,466,904
Ron Paul $5,204,218
Mike Huckabee $1,031,679
Tom Tancredo $747,539
Duncan Hunter $486,337
Alan Keyes $21,218

Right now we are at $8,236,426 and that number is on the steady rise. Ron Paul is the only GOP candidate to have gains in donations from the second quarter to the third quarter. All of the other GOP candidates' numbers dropped, with the exception of Fred Thompson since this was his first quarter. By the time the Dec. 16th money bomb drops we will probably be at or around 10 million dollars raised. I'm guessing and hoping for at least 6 million raised on the 16th. We are looking at the very real possiblity that Ron Paul will be the number one Republican candidate in money raised for the 4th quarter! Think about the publicity that will get us going into Iowa and New Hampshire!

The timing of is so perfect. We are going to win this!

davidhperry
11-16-2007, 01:26 AM

Mitt Romney $9,533,269
John McCain $5,466,904
Ron Paul $5,204,218
Mike Huckabee $1,031,679
Tom Tancredo $747,539
Duncan Hunter $486,337
Alan Keyes $21,218

Right now we are at $8,236,426 and that number is on the steady rise. Ron Paul is the only GOP candidate to have gains in donations from the second quarter to the third quarter. All of the other GOP candidates' numbers dropped, with the exception of Fred Thompson since this was his first quarter. By the time the Dec. 16th money bomb drops we will probably be at or around 10 million dollars raised. I'm guessing and hoping for at least 6 million raised on the 16th. We are looking at the very real possiblity that Ron Paul will be the number one Republican candidate in money raised for the 4th quarter! Think about the publicity that will get us going into Iowa and New Hampshire!

If the 16th turns out like we hope, then we've got a serious shot at it. Does anyone know how the 4th quarter compares to the 3rd quarter? I would assume that fundraising actually picks back up since the primary season is getting underway.

Still, Ron Paul will be sitting pretty compared with the other folks.

Man from La Mancha
11-16-2007, 01:28 AM
http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/9435/blackwsmallyh7.gif (teaparty07.com)..http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/8947/brighton7gs5.gif (teaparty07.com)..copy,paste,linked to teaparty07.com , either one, only 1 million at $100

MedicSean37
11-16-2007, 01:28 AM
I don't know if we'll have 10 million before the 16th, but we definitely will surpass 6 million on the 16th. I'm guessing all the other candidates will be less than the 3rd quarter too. So yeah, we probably will end up being the top fund raising candidate. Will probably have the most donors averaging the lowest amount per donor. That really should say something.

Flirple
11-16-2007, 01:29 AM
I am optimistic for both a top 3 finish in the NH primary and 16th money bomb that is bigger than Nov. 5th. And those 2 events will happen very close to each other which would help Ron go from relative obscurity nationally to top tier very quickly.

Pete Kay
11-16-2007, 01:34 AM
If the 16th turns out like we hope, then we've got a serious shot at it. Does anyone know how the 4th quarter compares to the 3rd quarter? I would assume that fundraising actually picks back up since the primary season is getting underway.

Still, Ron Paul will be sitting pretty compared with the other folks.

The holidays are traditionally a slow time for donations. I'm very surprised that Ron Paul is still getting as much money coming in as he is. The other "top tier" candidates make their big money in the beginning by getting their large donors to frontload them, then they have to rely on smaller donors. That's why their numbers drop from quarter to quarter, but Ron Paul's numbers rise every quarter. He increases his donor base every quarter. It's the sign of real strength going into the first primaries.

MedicSean37
11-16-2007, 01:35 AM
I am optimistic for both a top 3 finish in the NH primary and 16th money bomb that is bigger than Nov. 5th. And those 2 events will happen very close to each other which would help Ron go from relative obscurity nationally to top tier very quickly.

Has NH set an earlier date yet?

realitywiz
11-16-2007, 01:36 AM
We raised 4.2 million on Nov. 5th. I'm sure Dec. 16th we will raise at least that amount again and we should definitely pass the $12 million quarter goal.

Benaiah
11-16-2007, 01:39 AM
I've already got 3 "new" donors who are going to donate $5 or $10 on the 16th, and 1 "new" donor who is going to give over $100.

Pete Kay
11-16-2007, 01:39 AM
I don't know if we'll have 10 million before the 16th, but we definitely will surpass 6 million on the 16th.

We have exactly 30 days to raise less than 2 million dollars. Ron Paul raised 2 and a half million just in October, plus over 5 million just this past week. He's on a roll. I think the chances of us breaking 10 million in a month's time are pretty good.:)

Flirple
11-16-2007, 01:41 AM

I don't think they have yet.

Pete Kay
11-16-2007, 01:43 AM

There's still no date set at all. Some speculate it may even be in December. I just hope if it is in December, it's after the 16th.

MedicSean37
11-16-2007, 01:46 AM
There's still no date set at all. Some speculate it may even be in December. I just hope if it is in December, it's after the 16th.

Yeah me too. It would be great if it was a week or so before Iowa, but I hope it's at least a week past the 16th.

Bradley in DC
11-16-2007, 01:55 AM
Ron Paul is the only GOP candidate to have gains in donations from the second quarter to the third quarter. All of the other GOP candidates' numbers dropped, with the exception of Fred Thompson since this was his first quarter.

Um, no. Huckabee raised $766k in the second quarter and $1 million in the third.

Pete Kay
11-16-2007, 01:57 AM
Um, no. Huckabee raised $766k in the second quarter and $1 million in the third.

Damn you Huckabee! (shakes fist in the air)

blamx8
11-16-2007, 02:26 AM
Does anyone know how the 4th quarter compares to the 3rd quarter? I would assume that fundraising actually picks back up since the primary season is getting underway.

Looking at the data on fec.gov in '04 the only Dem who had a higher 3rd or 4th quarter was Dean. He grew from quarter to quarter. Kerry, Larouche, and Edwards had the 1st quarter as their largest, and Lieberman, Gephardt, and Graham were biggest in the 2nd.

Bush running uncontested didn't report any in the 1st quarter and had his largest in the 3rd with the 4th close to it.

The following #s are rounded. if you want the real deal go to www.fec.gov

in millions 1st 2nd 3rd 4th
Dean 3, 7.5, 14.5, 16
Edwards 7, 5, 2, 1.5
Gephardt 3, 4, 4, 2
Graham 1, 2
Kerry 7.5, 5, 4, 2
Larouche 4, .5, 1, 1
Lieberman 3, 5, 3.5, 2

Bush 0, 33.5, 49, 47

What does it all mean? Who really knows, or cares for that matter. All that really matters is that we hit the pavement and get a W for the champion of the constitution.:cool:

Midnight77
11-16-2007, 02:56 AM
My prediction is $18 -$20 million for the 4th Quarter. We will be the leader.

austin356
11-16-2007, 03:01 AM
This is good but it really won't help us out too much (by way of media coverage) for Iowa or maybe even New Hampshire, since that caucus and primary will be done and gone by the time other campaigns are releasing their stats.

It will help us greatly in SC, NV, MI, and FL.

davidhperry
11-16-2007, 03:09 AM
Looking at the data on fec.gov in '04 the only Dem who had a higher 3rd or 4th quarter was Dean. He grew from quarter to quarter. Kerry, Larouche, and Edwards had the 1st quarter as their largest, and Lieberman, Gephardt, and Graham were biggest in the 2nd.

Bush running uncontested didn't report any in the 1st quarter and had his largest in the 3rd with the 4th close to it.

The following #s are rounded. if you want the real deal go to www.fec.gov

in millions 1st 2nd 3rd 4th
Dean 3, 7.5, 14.5, 16
Edwards 7, 5, 2, 1.5
Gephardt 3, 4, 4, 2
Graham 1, 2
Kerry 7.5, 5, 4, 2
Larouche 4, .5, 1, 1
Lieberman 3, 5, 3.5, 2

Bush 0, 33.5, 49, 47

What does it all mean? Who really knows, or cares for that matter. All that really matters is that we hit the pavement and get a W for the champion of the constitution.:cool:

Interesting - thanks for posting. If we raise in the $15M-$20M range, and it looks like we've got a good shot, then the other GOP candidates are already crapping in their pants and are trying to figure out how they will undermine the campaign.

Since we're getting so close to the primaries, I wonder if they'll still try to ignore Dr. Paul in the debates of if they'll decide it's time to go on the offensive.

LibertyEagle
11-16-2007, 03:14 AM
http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/9435/blackwsmallyh7.gif (teaparty07.com)..http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/8947/brighton7gs5.gif (teaparty07.com)..copy,paste,linked to teaparty07.com , either one, only 1 million at $100

Oh geez. Why say $100 million? You know darn well, we aren't going to bring in 100 million on one day. What happened to the 10 million goal?

Saying 100 million dollars is ludicrous. Remember the adage, UNDER promise and OVER deliver? :(

davidhperry
11-16-2007, 03:18 AM
This is good but it really won't help us out too much (by way of media coverage) for Iowa or maybe even New Hampshire, since that caucus and primary will be done and gone by the time other campaigns are releasing their stats.

It will help us greatly in SC, NV, MI, and FL.

Actually, it might help us in the two early states. Our numbers are huge and they're already public. Everyone will know what cards we hold at the end of the quarter while the other campaigns keep theirs to themselves.

Actually, the fact that our numbers will already be out there might mean that the other campaigns will be forced publicize theirs so that Ron Paul won't be the only one getting the media attention about Q4 fundraising.

Whoever decided to go ahead and make the fundraising data public was a genius. I bet that will be the norm by the next election cycle, mark my words.

davidhperry
11-16-2007, 03:19 AM
Oh geez. Why say $100 million? You know darn well, we aren't going to bring in 100 million on one day. What happened to the 10 million goal?

"Aim above the mark to hit the mark"

$100M is a bit lofty though. :)

blamx8
11-16-2007, 03:23 AM
When the other campaigns do go public with their 4th Q #s it will hopefully just mean more media for RP because he took them all to the woodshed

ronpaulyourmom
11-16-2007, 03:26 AM
Makes you wonder if we should just bet all of the existing Ron Paul supporters we know $100 that they cant convert somebody to become a new supporter... :cool:

ronpaulyourmom
11-16-2007, 03:28 AM
When the other campaigns do go public with their 4th Q #s it will hopefully just mean more media for RP because he took them all to the woodshed

lol they'll probably hide the numbers as long as possible.

blamx8
11-16-2007, 03:31 AM

In that case we get all the media attention for being the only one to have reported.

D*mned if they do, D*mned if they don't, and double exposure either way.:D

Pete Kay
11-16-2007, 07:44 AM

As soon as the third quarter ended campaigns were sending out their guesstimates. At the end of the 4th quarter, I expect to hear crickets, especially from McCain and Thompson. They aren't going to want to admit that a suppossed
"second tier" candidate beat their pants off. I think though that Rudy and Romney will be right behind Paul, then Romney will lend 20 million to himself and declare that he is the winner.

Johnnybags
11-16-2007, 07:53 AM
In the bank means everything. Thompson spends most of his raised money raising money? Romney will write a check no matter what Paul gets to be coined the top fundraiser. Ghouls is getting status quo 2,300 donations and saving it for a general election run that will not come, he really thinks he is the national frontrunner. Wait til Iowa,NH and SC and he comes in 3rd or fourth or 5th.

Pete Kay
11-16-2007, 08:12 AM
In the bank means everything. Thompson spends most of his raised money raising money? Romney will write a check no matter what Paul gets to be coined the top fundraiser. Ghouls is getting status quo 2,300 donations and saving it for a general election run that will not come, he really thinks he is the national frontrunner. Wait til Iowa,NH and SC and he comes in 3rd or fourth or 5th.

Rudy thinks he can ignore Iowa and New Hampshire and just concentrate on the big states on Super Tuesday. By that time he will be long forgotten as a frontrunner. After Ron Paul beats him in Iowa, New Hampshire, and Nevada his numbers will plummet like a rock.

I honestly think the contest will be between Huckabee, Romney and Paul. Those three will be the frontrunners. McCain, Rudy, and Thompson will be in the back of the pack by the third primary. I just hope that none of them drop out, because that means Paul will get higher percentages with them diluting the neo-con votes.

Sematary
11-16-2007, 08:15 AM

Mitt Romney $9,533,269
John McCain $5,466,904
Ron Paul $5,204,218
Mike Huckabee $1,031,679
Tom Tancredo $747,539
Duncan Hunter $486,337
Alan Keyes $21,218

The Huckster is going to blow away his 3rd quarter numbers but still won't match RP - not by a long shot.

Sematary
11-16-2007, 08:16 AM
Rudy thinks he can ignore Iowa and New Hampshire and just concentrate on the big states on Super Tuesday. By that time he will be long forgotten as a frontrunner. After Ron Paul beats him in Iowa, New Hampshire, and Nevada his numbers will plummet like a rock.

I honestly think the contest will be between Huckabee, Romney and Paul. Those three will be the frontrunners. McCain, Rudy, and Thompson will be in the back of the pack by the third primary. I just hope that none of them drop out, because that means Paul will get higher percentages with them diluting the neo-con votes.

I think you may be spot on with that assessment

Midnight77
11-16-2007, 08:26 AM
^^ Ditto.

Romney, Huckabee, and Paul are the contenders.

TooConservative
11-16-2007, 08:38 AM
Ron Paul isn't accepting any donations for the general election. I think the others are. I'm pretty sure I read Romney and Giuliani have. Maybe Fred too. So their numbers are inflated by being able to count $4600 per donor instead of just $2300. Those campaigns have lots of these maxxed-out donors.

As for Romney writing himself a big check for Q4, I doubt it. He will write himself a much larger check just after the end of Q4 so that his competitors don't know how much they're up against. Still, they can get some idea by looking for Romney ad buys in Florida and elsewhere. It wouldn't be too hard for them to get TV and newspaper employees to tell them what Romney has up his sleeve.

K1RBY
11-16-2007, 08:41 AM
so what this all means, is that we know RP is gonna have a huge quarter, so he needs to spend what he has NOW to get name recognition!!

1.1 mill in TV ads is not holding up to mit's 10mill+ ..its showing already. mit is polling huge because of his 24/7 ads

RP needs to spending spending spending....

Jwaksman
11-16-2007, 08:57 AM
A few things:

1) Yes, 4th quarter numbers tend to rise above 3rd quarter numbers. Historically, the 3rd quarter always has the lowest numbers (because your biggest supporters tapped out early, and the casual supporters aren't paying attention yet). I don't know if any of the Republicans will break $20 Million, but they will be close

2) Yes, some of these guys are accepting general election donations, but it's a small percentage of their total donations. And it's practically irrelevant, because the point of "winning" the 4th quarter financial numbers is so that we'll be reported as the winner, so we need to beat whatever the frontrunners raise total.

3) If I had to guess, I'd say Huck gets around $7 Million. Between Mitt, Rudy & Fred, figure they're in some order along the lines of $18, $16, $14 Mil. Figuring we can get somewhere around $16 Mil, maybe more... we'll be up there. We can win the money battle.

Sematary
11-16-2007, 09:20 AM
A few things:

1) Yes, 4th quarter numbers tend to rise above 3rd quarter numbers. Historically, the 3rd quarter always has the lowest numbers (because your biggest supporters tapped out early, and the casual supporters aren't paying attention yet). I don't know if any of the Republicans will break $20 Million, but they will be close

2) Yes, some of these guys are accepting general election donations, but it's a small percentage of their total donations. And it's practically irrelevant, because the point of "winning" the 4th quarter financial numbers is so that we'll be reported as the winner, so we need to beat whatever the frontrunners raise total.

3) If I had to guess, I'd say Huck gets around $7 Million. Between Mitt, Rudy & Fred, figure they're in some order along the lines of $18, $16, $14 Mil. Figuring we can get somewhere around $16 Mil, maybe more... we'll be up there. We can win the money battle.

I doubt Huckster breaks 4 mil at most. Rudy will prolly do ok. Fred is dead in the water and McCain will do ok - but not nearly as good as Ron. Romney is a non-person in this because he can give himself all the money he needs to fundraising isn't important for him.

Dan Hall
11-16-2007, 09:42 AM
Makes you wonder if we should just bet all of the existing Ron Paul supporters we know $100 that they cant convert somebody to become a new supporter... :cool:

Getting NEW supporters is paramount. Showing the world how many Ron Paul supporters we have is impressive! Here's my plan for doing both.

For just $10 a month we can each have a DOMAIN NAME of:

RonPaul-FreedomNetwork-OurNames

Once we've each obtained our DOMAIN NAME, we can then INVITE others we know to get their DOMAIN NAME, structured in the very same way.

As we each refer others (via each (our own) DOMAIN NAME) to go and obtain their DOMAIN NAME, we're each paid a monthly commission. If we each only refer just two others, and that trend carries across throughout... we'll each be making more a month than it costs a month. More and more of us will be able to donate not only at www.RonPaul2008.com but also here and at other forums where supporters are organizing and asking for support through ChipIn etc.

This can all be done right online in a matter of minutes. That's certainly our forte and the vast majority of us can do this right at our fingertips in a matter of minutes.

This will add a strong push to get more people involved, as you say "convert somebody to become a new supporter." Please check out what I'm saying in my signature and here. Thanks...

strategos
11-16-2007, 09:49 AM
^^ Ditto.

Romney, Huckabee, and Paul are the contenders.

yea thats cool, for me it goes 1st- Ron Paul, 4th- Bloomberg, 5th- Romney, 6th- Huck(fairtax)

thomj76
11-16-2007, 04:42 PM
Bump...

Original_Intent
11-16-2007, 04:53 PM
Huckabee at 7 million? No. Chuck Norris or no Chuck Norris.