PDA

View Full Version : MSNBC dumping Tucker Carlson? Ron Paul mention...

kaligula
11-16-2007, 01:10 AM
http://politics1.com/blog-1107.htm#1114

If MSNBC dumped Carlson, that would be it for me with respect to MSNBC. Chris Matthews would rather conduct a talking head discussion of the political implications of Hillary's Hairdo than spend 2 seconds mentioning Ron Paul. Olbermann is entertaining but hardly balanced. If they stuck another liberal in between the 2, they might as well hire Howard Dean to run the place, a la Roger Aisles at Fox.

Richandler
11-16-2007, 01:14 AM
Tucker created a game show? Haha, know your constitution! In article 1 section 10 what is the only form of money that can be used by states for debts.

TheNewYorker
11-16-2007, 01:19 AM
Considering Tucker has been a pretty good Ron Paul supporter, it's not surprising they would consider dumping his show. At least when his show gets dumped, Tucker can come out with the truth about how things are run and how they are trying to silence Paul.

richard1984
11-16-2007, 01:31 AM
If they stuck another liberal in between the 2, they might as well hire Howard Dean to run the place, a la Roger Aisles at Fox.

Not a bad idea.... :rolleyes:

If you ask me, the "MSM" is about to face some truly hard times.

poor babies....

jenius
11-16-2007, 01:32 AM
So much paranoia.

If Tucker's show is canceled, it's for one reason and one reason only: ratings.

If you want to support Tucker, watch his show.

LibertyEagle
11-16-2007, 01:46 AM
I can't imagine Tucker's ratings not being higher than they have in a long time. I mean, a whole lot of Ron Paul supporters tune into his show that didn't use to.

Mitt Romneys sideburns
11-16-2007, 01:57 AM
This is why I have never been able to take Tucker seriously:

http://img150.imageshack.us/img150/4372/tuckercarlsondancingstafi8.th.jpg

http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/1628/arcademarvelzj6.th.jpg

HES REALLY THE MARVEL COMIC SUPER VILLAIN "ARCADE"!!!

Mitt Romneys sideburns
11-16-2007, 01:58 AM
I can't imagine Tucker's ratings not being higher than they have in a long time. I mean, a whole lot of Ron Paul supporters tune into his show that didn't use to.

All 8 of us spammers tuning in likely doubles his ratings every night.

rasheedwallace
11-16-2007, 03:34 AM
whoa whoa calm down...

after the success of olberman the network simply wants to capitalize. i've known for awhile that tucker was getting dumped sooner than later.

www.OzarksVoter.info
11-16-2007, 04:55 AM
The fact is, Tucker has been far TOO MILD in his reporting about Ron Paul.

If he was actually giving Dr. Paul's campaign fair reporting time, I'd watch his show every day. But I know from experience that I can't stand to sit through day after day of not hearing anything about Ron Paul's campaign from Tucker, to finally hear a brief mention about him once a week (or less - usually LESS). If you count the times he mentions other candidates, compared with Dr. Paul, I'd bet that the numbers actually show that percentage-wise, he mentions Dr. Paul less of the time than Ron Paul is getting in the (unfair) nationwide polls (~7%).

And worst of all, Tucker is actually the best (better?) of the lot! Tucker mentions Dr. Paul slightly more than any of the REST of the MSM! So even his lukewarm coverage of Dr. Paul's campaign is better than any of the other Big MainStreamMedia talking heads! And so now Tucker's facing "punishment" (threats of cancellation) for that very mild attempt at fairness and support of Dr. Paul? How is that right?

Remember: The Big Elitist MainStream Media is America's #1 Enemy right now.

JosephTheLibertarian
11-16-2007, 07:22 AM
Carlson is know for his quirky Libertarian streak.

How is libertarianism "quirky"?

LibertyEagle
11-16-2007, 07:35 AM
Remember: The Big Elitist MainStream Media is America's #1 Enemy right now.

Actually, it will do us more harm than good to take this attitude.

JosephTheLibertarian
11-16-2007, 07:51 AM
When did Tucker ever say he was a conservative? If they want to be a dumb liberal station, then why are they going to keep Joe Scarborough?