PDA

View Full Version : AP & Fox Outright LYING About Ron Paul

jay_dub
05-23-2012, 04:13 PM
Wonder how many votes this is costing?....and will cost if allowed to stand and continue? Hey, Jesse....time to come clean up your MESS!! :mad:

This ran on Fox, but notice it's an AP story, so it will be spread much further. They (Fox and AP) know better. I'm no lawyer, but this seems like libel to me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

libel

noun
Law .
a.
defamation by written or printed words, pictures, or in any form other than by spoken words or gestures.
b.
the act or crime of publishing it.
c.
a formal written declaration or statement, as one containing the allegations of a plaintiff or the grounds of a charge.
anything that is defamatory or that maliciously or damagingly misrepresents.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
verb (used with object)
to publish a libel against.
to misrepresent damagingly.
to institute suit against by a libel, as in an admiralty court.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Primary sweep has Romney 1 win from GOP nomination

Published May 23, 2012

Associated Press

Mitt Romney has swept all the delegates in the Kentucky and Arkansas primaries, putting him within one win of claiming the Republican nomination for president.

With all of his primary opponents out of the race, the former Massachusetts governor should get that win next week when voters go to the polls in Texas.

Romney won all 75 delegates at stake in Tuesday's primaries, giving him a total of 1,067. That leaves him 77 delegates shy of the 1,144 needed to win the nomination. Texas will have 152 delegates at stake in next Tuesday's primary.

Unofficial returns showed Romney winning Arkansas with 68 percent of the vote and Kentucky with 67 percent. Despite leaving the race, Ron Paul, Rick Santorum and Newt Gingrich were on the ballot in both states.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/05/23/primary-sweep-has-romney-1-win-from-gop-nomination/

dude58677
05-23-2012, 04:34 PM
Wonder how many votes this is costing?....and will cost if allowed to stand and continue? Hey, Jesse....time to come clean up your MESS!! :mad:

This ran on Fox, but notice it's an AP story, so it will be spread much further. They (Fox and AP) know better. I'm no lawyer, but this seems like libel to me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

libel

noun
Law .
a.
defamation by written or printed words, pictures, or in any form other than by spoken words or gestures.
b.
the act or crime of publishing it.
c.
a formal written declaration or statement, as one containing the allegations of a plaintiff or the grounds of a charge.
anything that is defamatory or that maliciously or damagingly misrepresents.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
verb (used with object)
to publish a libel against.
to misrepresent damagingly.
to institute suit against by a libel, as in an admiralty court.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Primary sweep has Romney 1 win from GOP nomination

Published May 23, 2012

Associated Press

Mitt Romney has swept all the delegates in the Kentucky and Arkansas primaries, putting him within one win of claiming the Republican nomination for president.

With all of his primary opponents out of the race, the former Massachusetts governor should get that win next week when voters go to the polls in Texas.

Romney won all 75 delegates at stake in Tuesday's primaries, giving him a total of 1,067. That leaves him 77 delegates shy of the 1,144 needed to win the nomination. Texas will have 152 delegates at stake in next Tuesday's primary.

Unofficial returns showed Romney winning Arkansas with 68 percent of the vote and Kentucky with 67 percent. Despite leaving the race, Ron Paul, Rick Santorum and Newt Gingrich were on the ballot in both states.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/05/23/primary-sweep-has-romney-1-win-from-gop-nomination/

We want the establishment to think it is over because then we keep showing up at the state gop conventions and get all the delegates. We'll go to Tampa and win it. If they were on the lookout for our strategy then the conventions would be like the beauty contest(primaries) in which there would be a high turnout and our passion would mean nothing. We're not trying to win primaries, this is a republic. Just look at it as the establishment digging their own grave.

Okie RP fan
05-23-2012, 04:38 PM
Fox Business this morning said "Mitt Romney is now less than 100 delegates away from securing the nomination."

CPUd
05-23-2012, 04:53 PM
LOL @ what's gonna happen if he doesn't take 50% in TX. Ron Paul will be front page on all the MSM.

dude58677
05-23-2012, 04:59 PM
Fox Business this morning said "Mitt Romney is now less than 100 delegates away from securing the nomination."

We'll show them in Tampa!

sailingaway
05-23-2012, 05:03 PM
AP ran in KY and AK etc that Ron's name was still on the ballot.... oh, excuse me, that "Rick Santorum, Ron Paul and Newt Gingrich's names are still on the ballot, although they have all ended their races"

In the two days before the latest primary. AP lies all the time about Ron.

dude58677
05-23-2012, 05:07 PM
AP ran in KY and AK etc that Ron's name was still on the ballot.... oh, excuse me, that "Rick Santorum, Ron Paul and Newt Gingrich's names are still on the ballot, although they have all ended their races"

By them lying about this they are only hurting themselves because we'll just keep showing up at the conventions and taking the delegates for both the State GOP's and Tampa. They let their guard let down. If they played our strategy and told everyone to go out and vote at their conventions for delegates it would end up like the primaries.

sailingaway
05-23-2012, 05:08 PM
By them lying about this they are only hurting themselves because we'll just keep showing up at the conventions and taking the delegates for both the State GOP's and Tampa. They let their guard let down. If they played our strategy and told everyone to go out and vote at their conventions for delegates it would end up like the primaries.

Except I am pretty certain it hurt Ron's vote, and am pretty certain that is what it was intended to do.

RonPaulMall
05-23-2012, 05:13 PM
The MSM is evil, but this wound was self inflicted. They wouldn't be able to suggest we dropped out of the race if Benton hadn't stupidly released an email suggesting that very notion. Sailingaway is right. It depresses voter turnout for the primaries.

scrosnoe
05-23-2012, 05:16 PM
Jesse Benton knows what he is doing; the question is does Ron Paul know what Jesse is doing and more importantly does he approve?!

I hope not, but it is getting harder and harder to even hope that.

All politics is local (or should be!).

NoOneButPaul
05-23-2012, 05:18 PM
When it comes to public figures you need to prove actual malice to prove libel.

Good luck with that...

kathy88
05-23-2012, 05:30 PM

They are missing the real news. "It has taken Romney, the presumptive nominee for several months now 42 elections to STILL not get enough delegates to win on first ballot."

05-23-2012, 05:38 PM
Romney has 907 hard bound delegates. It'll take him until June 5th to lock down the nomination with hard bound delegates. But barring a miracle or act of God it's going to happen. Oh well.

jay_dub
05-23-2012, 05:47 PM
When it comes to public figures you need to prove actual malice to prove libel.

Good luck with that...

A quick search turned this up. I didn't dig deep for a source, but, using the standard posted below, this seems to fit the criteria.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Public Officials vs. Private Individuals

In order to win a libel lawsuit, private individuals need only prove that an article about them was libelous, and that it was published.

But public officials – people who work in government at the local, state or federal level – have a tougher time winning libel lawsuits than private individuals.

Public officials must not only prove that an article was libelous and that it was published; they must also prove it was published with something called “actual malice.”

Actual malice means that:

The story was published with the knowledge that it was false.
The story was published with reckless disregard of whether or not it was false.

http://journalism.about.com/od/ethicsprofessionalism/a/libel.htm

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Really, the fight is all about delegates, but this thinking that votes don't matter at all and that this hurts the media is bizarre to my mind. This hurts US. It is NOT a good thing. There is no way to spin it to make it so. This has, does and will cost RP votes.

Bruno
05-23-2012, 05:52 PM
The AP isn't new source it's propaganda source.

jay_dub
05-23-2012, 06:19 PM

Didn't Ron fall just short of meeting the threshold for being awarded delegates in both those states? It's easy to infer that he could have reached that level had it not been for the AP's reports. Simply put....damages.

I know the campaign won't pursue this as a lawsuit. It wouldn't be too much to ask, however, for them to demand a VERY public retraction by AP and any outlets that have published and/or aired this lie, run prominently over the course of several days, stating unequivocally that Ron Paul has NOT dropped out and that he has, in fact, been posting numerous victories at recent state conventions.

Or does the campaign have no desire to art least put up a token fight? Any lack of action will speak volumes to me.

rp713
05-23-2012, 06:40 PM
they've been outright lying for 5 years...what else is new..

VBRonPaulFan
05-23-2012, 06:41 PM
They are missing the real news. "It has taken Romney, the presumptive nominee for several months now 42 elections to STILL not get enough delegates to win on first ballot."

Pretty much. It should read:

"Romney, despite being the only guy still actively campaigning, still can't get enough support to wrap this thing up by the time the Convention rolls around."

Republicans hate Rmoney so bad, they think he's the only choice and STILL won't get behind him. And this is the dude that'll beat Obama? LMFAO!

opinionatedfool
05-23-2012, 08:31 PM
We want the establishment to think it is over because then we keep showing up at the state gop conventions and get all the delegates. We'll go to Tampa and win it. If they were on the lookout for our strategy then the conventions would be like the beauty contest(primaries) in which there would be a high turnout and our passion would mean nothing. We're not trying to win primaries, this is a republic. Just look at it as the establishment digging their own grave.

This. Fox has been lying about Ron Paul for years. What's new? Nothing they say shocks me anymore. I just chock it up to them being a bunch of morons.

opinionatedfool
05-23-2012, 08:32 PM
The AP isn't new source it's propaganda source.

Well said. And fox is just a bunch of worthless mumbo jumbo crap.

parocks
05-23-2012, 08:42 PM

That's not the same thing as saying that Ron Paul is no longer in the race.

papitosabe
05-23-2012, 09:29 PM
per FCC, they can pretty much lie if they want unless someone working within the company contacts the FCC and notifies them

seawolf
05-23-2012, 09:36 PM
This thread simply confirms why the "Official" Campaign, Jesse and John, never should have published that infamous "Press Release"
last Monday morning. The worst mistake made by the RP "Braintrust" spanning both the 2008 and 2012 Campaigns.

musicmax
05-23-2012, 10:00 PM
Or does the campaign have no desire to art least put up a token fight? Any lack of action will speak volumes to me.

What have the campaign's countless other blunders said to you?

John F Kennedy III
05-23-2012, 10:10 PM
One thing I want to make clear: If MSM had given Paul fair treatment instead of lying about him this whole time Dr. Paul would have the GOP nomination locked up by now. Romney would be begging to be his VP and Obama would be trying to sweet talk Hillary into running in his place.

jay_dub
05-23-2012, 10:43 PM
What have the campaign's countless other blunders said to you?

Well, this last one was a biggie with real consequences right at crunch time. Like any contest, when time is running short, mistakes become more critical. Not that there haven't been many facepalm moments.

One thing I want to make clear: If MSM had given Paul fair treatment instead of lying about him this whole time Dr. Paul would have the GOP nomination locked up by now. Romney would be begging to be his VP and Obama would be trying to sweet talk Hillary into running in his place.

You're probably right, but a lot of it before was mischaracterization, distortion, ignoring, making fun of and the like. A lot of it was opinion, too. This one is a factual LIE....and a big one at that.

Vet_from_cali
05-23-2012, 11:34 PM
Romney has 907 hard bound delegates. It'll take him until June 5th to lock down the nomination with hard bound delegates. But barring a miracle or act of God it's going to happen. Oh well.

hard bound as in? they locked to him? as in 200 away from the nomination??

John F Kennedy III
05-23-2012, 11:42 PM
Well, this last one was a biggie with real consequences right at crunch time. Like any contest, when time is running short, mistakes become more critical. Not that there haven't been many facepalm moments.

You're probably right, but a lot of it before was mischaracterization, distortion, ignoring, making fun of and the like. A lot of it was opinion, too. This one is a factual LIE....and a big one at that.

True, but the cumulative effect was the majority of MSM viewers decided not to vote for Paul without ever knowing his platform. I still maintain that Dr. Paul would be polling 70% nationally if it wasn't for the MSM bullshit.

SilenceDewgooder
05-24-2012, 06:18 AM
Except I am pretty certain it hurt Ron's vote, and am pretty certain that is what it was intended to do.

I dunno. Most people who vote for Dr. Paul seem to understand that MSM is full of it. But for those who were going to reluctantly vote for Romney, now have even less motivation to show up. There was no way motivation for Romney was that high to be with. But, I have no faith in the vote count regardless.

05-24-2012, 06:48 AM
hard bound as in? they locked to him? as in 200 away from the nomination??

Yes, 237 more and he has 1144 hard bound and is he is the nominee. There is little doubt he will get to that number on the 5th ending any speculation about a brokered convention.

NoOneButPaul
05-24-2012, 07:05 AM
A quick search turned this up. I didn't dig deep for a source, but, using the standard posted below, this seems to fit the criteria.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Public Officials vs. Private Individuals

In order to win a libel lawsuit, private individuals need only prove that an article about them was libelous, and that it was published.

But public officials – people who work in government at the local, state or federal level – have a tougher time winning libel lawsuits than private individuals.

Public officials must not only prove that an article was libelous and that it was published; they must also prove it was published with something called “actual malice.”

Actual malice means that:

The story was published with the knowledge that it was false.
The story was published with reckless disregard of whether or not it was false.

http://journalism.about.com/od/ethicsprofessionalism/a/libel.htm

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Really, the fight is all about delegates, but this thinking that votes don't matter at all and that this hurts the media is bizarre to my mind. This hurts US. It is NOT a good thing. There is no way to spin it to make it so. This has, does and will cost RP votes.

Like I said... good luck proving those 2 things.

All the writer has to say is I thought RP dropped out because of Benton's retarded press release.

There's no case to make.

libertygrl
05-24-2012, 08:43 AM
]Primary sweep has Romney 1 win from GOP nomination
[/SIZE][/B]
Published May 23, 2012

Associated Press

YUP! I saw this yesterday on the scroll of my local news channel. I almost lept out of my seat.

jay_dub
05-24-2012, 08:48 AM
YUP! I saw this yesterday on the scroll of my local news channel. I almost lept out of my seat.

That's the problem with this. It's an AP story and will spread everywhere, much like a virus.

dude58677
05-24-2012, 08:50 AM
That's the problem with this. It's an AP story and will spread everywhere, much like a virus.

How about we infilitrate the news media such as writing up our own stories and claiming that it was written by the AP?

sailingaway
05-24-2012, 09:20 AM
let's not suggest fraud.

CJPrinter
05-24-2012, 09:59 AM
There is a bigger issue here than them saying Ron has dropped out and that's reporting speculation as fact.

Bottom line, the media has a HUGE impact on our society. What they report is what America believes. We are the minority!

The media is determining the outcome of this election by reporting estimated delegate preferences prior to their respective conventions (speculation) as though they were factually hard bound. IMHO this should be illegal under voter laws as psychological manipulation, propaganda and maybe even coercion.

CJPrinter
05-24-2012, 10:02 AM
Here's the difference:

http://www.thegreenpapers.com/P12/R-HS.phtml