PDA

View Full Version : Fukushima disaster is ‘nuclear war without a war’

John F Kennedy III
05-23-2012, 03:55 PM
Fukushima disaster is ‘nuclear war without a war’

Ethan A. Huff
Natural News
May 23, 2012

It has been more than a year now since the massive 9.0-plus magnitude earthquake and corresponding tsunami devastated the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant on the eastern coast of Japan, sending untold amounts of nuclear radiation into the environment. And to this day, the threat of nuclear fallout is ever-present all around the world in what some have described as a “nuclear war without a war.”

http://resources0.news.com.au/images/2011/03/18/1226024/068808-fukushima-plan-japan-nuclear-crisis.jpg

Though governments and many media outlets have downplayed the disaster, its aftermath continues to threaten the health and wellbeing of plants, animals and humans not only in Japan, but all around the world. Far worse than Chernobyl, the Fukushima catastrophe truly is a nuclear holocaust event with gradual, long-term consequences that we are only just now beginning to recognize and grasp.

Though the devastation was not delivered in one fell swoop via an atomic bomb, radioactive elements from Fukushima continue to be quietly delivered through air and ocean currents to soils, drinking water supplies, farms, lawns, children’s playgrounds, airplanes and countless other sources. Products made with elements and materials that have been contaminated with radiation, particularly in Japan, are also exposing untold thousands, if not millions, of people to dangerous levels of nuclear radiation.

“Hazardous radioactive elements being released in the sea and air around Fukushima accumulate at each step of various food chains (for example, into algae, crustaceans, small fish, bigger fish, then humans; or soil, grass, cow’s meat and milk, then humans),” writes Helen Caldicott in her piece, Fukushima: Nuclear Apologists Play Shoot the Messenger on Radiation, in The Age.

“Entering the body, these elements — called internal emitters — migrate to specific organs such as the thyroid, liver, bone, and brain, continuously irradiating small volumes of cells with high doses of alpha, beta and/or gamma radiation, and over many years often induce cancer.”

Nuclear war, whether intentional or unintentional, has already been waged

Regardless of whether or not the Fukushima disaster was a natural event or a man-made terrorist conspiracy (http://www.naturalnews.com/032692_Fukushima_earthquake.html), the trigger has been pulled, and the quiet nuclear war has been set in motion. Fukushima’s thousands of exposed fuel rods continue to remain in a precarious plight. Reactor 4 is on the verge of collapse, and radiation from existing leaks and damage continues to spread.

Politically, the entire nation of Japan is the biggest casualty of this nuclear war so far, as the country’s economy is in dire straits, and on the verge of collapse. Tokyo is reportedly now suffering its first trade deficit since the 1980s, and the rest of the country’s manufacturing base is quickly dwindling as the world grows increasingly leery of importing goods from Japan that may be contaminated with Fukushima radiation.

Because no efforts are being made to contain Fukushima, as was done with Chernobyl, the facility itself is essentially a grounded nuclear weapon that every second of every day is waging war against Planet Earth. And as far as the human race is concerned, thousands have already died as a result, with millions more to follow in the years and decades to come as the unrelenting spew of radiation settles in every crevice of the global ecology, spurring rapid increases in cancer and other deadly conditions.

Sources for this article include:

http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php

http://www.naturalnews.com/035847_plume-gate_Fukushima_radiation.html

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/035950_Fukushima_nuclear_war_disaster.html#ixzz1vg zu6Lt9

article here:
http://www.infowars.com/fukushima-disaster-is-nuclear-war-without-a-war/

original article here:
http://www.naturalnews.com/035950_Fukushima_nuclear_war_disaster.html

Edit to add:

Fukushima: If Number 4 Collapses, Japan Will Be Evacuated

http://www.infowars.com/fukushima-if-number-4-collapses-japan-will-be-evacuated/

Zippyjuan
05-23-2012, 04:15 PM
Fukushima was not worse than Chernobryl. One difference is the type of reactors involved.

Because no efforts are being made to contain Fukushima, as was done with Chernobyl,

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-13050228

Type of reactors
(Fukushima)
Boiling-water reactors. Japanese authorities stress that unlike at Chernobyl, the containment vessels at Fukushima remain intact. Also, unlike Chernobyl, the reactors at Fukushima do not have a combustible graphite core

(Chernobyl)
Graphite-moderated boiling water reactor. The graphite made it highly combustible. The reactor also had no containment structure and nothing stopped the trajectory of radioactive materials into the air

More comparisons:

Chernobyl was the worst that could happen. Safety and protection systems failed and there was a full core meltdown in a reactor that had no containment. In the "defense in depth" of nuclear power plants outside the former USSR, containment is an essential engineered safety feature.

The figures tell a story: 237 Chernobyl workers were taken to hospital with suspected acute radiation sickness; 134 of these cases were confirmed; 28 were fatal; about 20 other workers have since died from illnesses considered to have been caused or aggravated by radiation exposure; two workers died from other causes at the time of the accident and another disappeared—presumed dead.

On top of that, it has been estimated that about 4000 people will die (or may already have died) from radiation-induced cancer, including workers exposed directly to radiation, and members of the public exposed to the huge release of radioactive material from the reactor. About 4000 cases of thyroid cancer, which typically kills about 5 percent of people who get it, have been attributed to inhalation and ingestion of radioactive iodine by children.

At Fukushima Daiichi, the reactors shut down safely when struck by the magnitude-9 Tohoku earthquake, the fourth largest ever recorded. But problems arose after they were inundated by a much larger tsunami than had been anticipated when the nuclear plant was designed. This caused the loss of all power on the site so that cooling systems failed and some of the reactor cores overheated. Radioactive fission products were released and hydrogen was generated by chemical reaction. The reactor containments were partially effective, although they were damaged by hydrogen explosions and possibly by molten fuel.

Again, the casualty figures tell their own story. Severe potential hazards did exist on the reactor sites because of high levels of radiation, but health controls were mainly effective. There were no deaths attributable to radiation. Two workers received burns from beta radiation. They were discharged from hospital after two days. Two workers incurred high internal radiation exposure from inhaling iodine-131, which gives them a significant risk of developing thyroid cancer.

Doses incurred by about 100 other workers have been high enough to cause a small risk of developing cancer after 20 or more years. But the risk is very small indeed. About 25 percent of the population dies from cancer whether accidentally exposed to radiation or not. This rate might be increased by an additional 1 or 2 percent among the exposed workers.

What is more, exposures to radiation were nowhere near high enough to cause acute radiation sickness. Importantly, there have been no radiation injuries to children or to other members of the public.

http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_science/new_scientist/2012/03/fukushima_isn_t_nearly_as_bad_as_chernobyl_.html

RickyJ
05-23-2012, 04:26 PM
Zippy, you seem to be forgetting about those spent fuel rods that are not contained at all. If they are not removed to a more secure place and the building collapses it indeed will be a catastrophe with possible world wide consequences, and would make much if not all of Japan uninhabitable.

John F Kennedy III
05-23-2012, 04:30 PM
Zippy, you seem to be forgetting about those spent fuel rods that are not contained at all. If they are not removed to a more secure place and the building collapses it indeed will be a catastrophe with possible world wide consequences, and would make much if not all of Japan uninhabitable.

Zippy ignores all evidence and just keeps trolling with his BS. Well you know that, you've been here since 2007. I'm sure some people like him playing devil's advocate, but the dude posts info that he knows is wrong and constantly tries to refute stuff that we have proven countless times in older threads.

He is a troll and everyone should have him on ignore.

The Fukushima disaster is still ongoing. Radiation leaking into the atmosphere and ocean has worldwide effects. Denying reality only makes you look foolish Zippy and proves that no one should ever take you seriously. If you told me the sky was blue I would have to go outside to check for myself.

RickyJ
05-23-2012, 04:37 PM
Well you know that, you've been here since 2007.

I joined the forum in late 2007, but I haven't been here since 2007. I left shortly after the November election in 2008 figuring Ron Paul would never run again, I also got severely addicted to damn online game called OGame that someone on this forum introduced to me at about the same time I left. I only came back December of last year.

Zippyjuan
05-23-2012, 04:40 PM
Zippy ignores all evidence and just keeps trolling with his BS. Well you know that, you've been here since 2007. I'm sure some people like him playing devil's advocate, but the dude posts info that he knows is wrong and constantly tries to refute stuff that we have proven countless times in older threads.

He is a troll and everyone should have him on ignore.

The Fukushima disaster is still ongoing. Radiation leaking into the atmosphere and ocean has worldwide effects. Denying reality only makes you look foolish Zippy and proves that no one should ever take you seriously. If you told me the sky was blue I would have to go outside to check for myself
Good. You should check everything.

By what measures is Fukushima worse than Chernobyl? Provide me with evidence that I am wrong. I am certainly not arguing that you should go over there and have picnics on the grounds and would be perfectly safe to do so, but the threat is being over-hyped.

Danke
05-23-2012, 04:45 PM
Written by Russian and Belarus experts, edited and published by the New York Academy of Sciences, the book, “Chernobyl : Consequences of the Catastrophe for People and the Environment” is by far the most well researched book on the issue. Drawing from over 5,000 published articles and studies, the authors arrive at startling conclusions. Among them:

So far, one million people from around the world have already died from Chernobyl radiation, including over 110,000 of the original 830,000 clean up workers. High doses of radioactive fallout reached much of Europe and the UK. 750 million people in the Northern Hemisphere received significant contamination. The release was 200 times more radiation than previously thought, hundreds of times more than the bombs dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

The authors stated:

“There is a danger greater than nuclear weapons concealed within nuclear power. No citizen of any country can be assured that he or she can be protected from radioactive contamination. One nuclear reactor can pollute half the globe. Chernobyl fallout covers the entire Northern Hemisphere.”

http://www.nyas.org/publications/annals/Detail.aspx?cid=f3f3bd16-51ba-4d7b-a086-753f44b3bfc1

John F Kennedy III
05-23-2012, 04:46 PM
I joined the forum in late 2007, but I haven't been here since 2007. I left shortly after the November election in 2008 figuring Ron Paul would never run again, I also got severely addicted to damn online game called OGame that someone on this forum introduced to me at about the same time I left. I only came back December of last year.

Oh ok. I used to be severely addicted to World of Warcraft :p

But yeah Zippy is a troll. There have been countless threads where people prove him wrong and he just moves on to the next thread as if the info was never presented to him and keeps doing the same crap.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
05-23-2012, 04:49 PM
Zippy ignores all evidence and just keeps trolling with his BS. Well you know that, you've been here since 2007. I'm sure some people like him playing devil's advocate

*Quietly raises hand*

He can't negate any solid information and he's pretty good about citing his sources. I'd say at least sometimes, devil's advocate types can lead to deeper understandings for everyone looking.

John F Kennedy III
05-23-2012, 04:56 PM
Fukushima: If Number 4 Collapses, Japan Will Be Evacuated

http://www.infowars.com/fukushima-if-number-4-collapses-japan-will-be-evacuated/

kahless
05-23-2012, 04:58 PM
Zippyjuan, that BBC article is pretty disingenuous since the data comparison uses data taken only a few weeks after the Fukushima disaster rather than the include the continuing releases there after.

Tepco estimates total cesium-137 release from Fukushima at 360,000 terabecquerels — 4 times higher than Chernobyl’s 85,000 terabecquerels
http://enenews.com/just-in-tepco-estimates-total-cesium-137-release-from-fukushima-at-360000-terabecquerels-4-times-higher-than-chernobyls-85000-terabecquerels

RonPaulMall
05-23-2012, 05:03 PM
Whether Zippy is a troll or not doesn't strike me as particularly relevant to his post. The article cited in the OP comes from a publication that believes the tsunami was a "false flag" attack orchestrated by the United States and the article itself is pretty flimsy on the science. No one doubts that dangerous radioactive elements have been released. And though the article seems to imply the Japanese government is doing nothing to contain the problem, they make no suggestions as to what specifically they think the Japanese government should be doing. Nor do they proffer a theory as to why the Japanese are doing nothing to contain a problem that threatens to "collapse" the Japanese economy and could make the entire nation uninhabitable. Perhaps they are in bed with the sinister folks who orchestrated the attack in the first place? I'm also curious as to the motivation behind this false flag attack. A false flag attack is typically conducted to motivate policy against some particular people or thing. The "false" flag in this particular attack was mother nature. Are they suggesting the US launched an attack which will apparently end up destroying the nation of Japan and poisoning much of the world in order to whip up public sentiment against mother nature?

Oooh, so Mother Nature needs a favor?! Well maybe she should have thought of that when she was besetting us with droughts and floods and poison monkeys! Nature started the fight for survival, and now she wants to quit because she’s losing. Well I say, hard cheese.

-Montgomery Burns

Zippyjuan
05-23-2012, 05:04 PM
Zippyjuan, that BBC article is pretty disingenuous since the data comparison uses data taken only a few weeks after the Fukushima disaster rather than the include the continuing releases there after.

Tepco estimates total cesium-137 release from Fukushima at 360,000 terabecquerels — 4 times higher than Chernobyl’s 85,000 terabecquerels
http://enenews.com/just-in-tepco-est...terabecquerels
Thank you for the updated information and link. It is also important to know where that radiation went. The Chernobyl cloud passed over inhabited areas of Europe while the general direction of winds over Japan head out to the Pacific Ocean.

The BBC article only was used to describe the types of reactors. The other comparisons came from Slate Magazine and was from March so it is pretty recent.

John F Kennedy III
05-23-2012, 05:05 PM

http://enenews.com/just-in-tepco-estimates-total-cesium-137-release-from-fukushima-at-360000-terabecquerels-4-times-higher-than-chernobyls-85000-terabecquerels

Thank you. +rep

Zippyjuan
05-23-2012, 05:10 PM
Thank you. +rep
Thanks for the + rep I got from you too.

NoOneButPaul
05-23-2012, 05:10 PM
From 1945 to 1996 a Nuclear Weapon was tested, by all the countries with nukes put together, on average once every 14 days. That's about 24 nukes a year and 1000 nukes over that span...

It's really hard for me to imagine this one incident will destroy the world.

John F Kennedy III
05-23-2012, 05:17 PM
From 1945 to 1996 a Nuclear Weapon was tested, by all the countries with nukes put together, on average once every 14 days. That's about 24 nukes a year and 1000 nukes over that span...

I'm just trying to let people know that Fukushima is still a problem. It is still leaking radiation and if Reactor 4 goes, it can do alot of damage. I do not agree with everything in every article I post. We need to at the very least take measures to protect ourselves from radiation.

Danke
05-23-2012, 05:20 PM
I'm just trying to let people know that Fukushima is still a problem. It is still leaking radiation and if Reactor 4 goes, it can do alot of damage. I do not agree with everything in every article I post. We need to at the very least take measures to protect ourselves from radiation.

Perhaps your neckbeard will offer some protection for your thyroid.

John F Kennedy III
05-23-2012, 05:22 PM

I can only hope :p

NoOneButPaul
05-23-2012, 05:26 PM

I understand your concern and respect your crusade but i'm just making the point that 1000+ nukes in 50 years has probably given us all an unhealthy dose of radiation already. We are probably already radiated to a point that were fucked.

John F Kennedy III
05-23-2012, 05:42 PM
I understand your concern and respect your crusade but i'm just making the point that 1000+ nukes in 50 years has probably given us all an unhealthy dose of radiation already. We are probably already radiated to a point that were fucked.

This is true. But MORE radiation isn't going to help. Lol.

asurfaholic
05-23-2012, 06:05 PM

Ogame nearly cost me my marraige its so addictive. Sorry babe we can't be spontaneous and go out, my ships don't come back for another hour.

I had a top 100 ranked fleet in electra before I finally went vacation mode. Lots of fun...

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
05-23-2012, 06:56 PM

Funniest thing I've seen today. lol. And I usually never acknowledge such. No offense, JFK.

John F Kennedy III
05-23-2012, 07:03 PM
Funniest thing I've seen today. lol. And I usually never acknowledge such. No offense, JFK.

None taken. Lol. I like my neckbeard :)

jay_dub
05-23-2012, 07:36 PM

IIRC, of those tests, only 300 or so were above-ground tests.

Warrior_of_Freedom
05-24-2012, 02:33 AM
Since when did RPF have nuclear experts?
"Herka derka derk I have a BS in Google"

XNavyNuke
05-24-2012, 07:54 AM
Since when did RPF have nuclear experts?
"Herka derka derk I have a BS in Google"

You got some kind of problem with folks that have actual experience in the field??? What the hell! I worked my a$$ off through college without taking any damned student loans OR money from the Feds through the GI bill. No grovelling for money from Mom, or Dad, or Uncle Sugar to pay for my books, student fees, etc.

Don't like it? Tough! Go whine about the 1% down at the park and blog from your Iphone about having to $hit in the bushes.

XNN

NoOneButPaul
05-24-2012, 08:35 AM
IIRC, of those tests, only 300 or so were above-ground tests.

I never understood why that makes such a difference.

Blowing it up under sea or underground doesn't make the ecological effect really any different does it? That radiation still ends up somewhere even if its contained, right?

Still... 300 above ground nukes... is, at the very least, 300 fukushimas worth of radiation.

I'm just making the point we are already so radiated and fucked that this is probably a blip in the radar and really not that big of a deal.

Brian4Liberty
05-24-2012, 11:19 AM
Thank you for the updated information and link. It is also important to know where that radiation went. The Chernobyl cloud passed over inhabited areas of Europe while the general direction of winds over Japan head out to the Pacific Ocean.

Thank God there's nothing east of Japan!

maskander
05-24-2012, 11:56 AM
You got some kind of problem with folks that have actual experience in the field??? What the hell! I worked my a$$ off through college without taking any damned student loans OR money from the Feds through the GI bill. No grovelling for money from Mom, or Dad, or Uncle Sugar to pay for my books, student fees, etc.

Don't like it? Tough! Go whine about the 1% down at the park and blog from your Iphone about having to $hit in the bushes.

XNNIt's okay man, It'll be okay.