PDA

View Full Version : A Wild Hair

Suzu
05-18-2007, 12:18 AM
Maybe this is just a crazy wild late-night idea... but what if... Rudy wants Ron to win? Is it possible? Is he really so dumb about how publicity works, that he wouldn't have known how attacking Paul would turn out? If he's secretly on our side, what would his motive be?

vertesc
05-18-2007, 12:54 AM
nope. crazy, , late night idea. His comments were a big win among what's left of the republican party... the rubes that neoconservative leadership plays to.

Kandilynn
05-18-2007, 01:03 AM
Giuliani is slipping in the polls because of his stances on abortion and such. So, he played to his neocon audience by using 9/11 and terrorists to get a reaction out of the people who are known to applaud when he says 9/11. He has no foresight to know what would most likely happen from him saying what he said. If he had known that it would come back to make him look bad among people more intelligent than him, he probably wouldn't have said it.

Suzu
05-18-2007, 01:22 AM
Maybe it was "destiny", but whatever the case, because of Rudy, Ron Paul is going to win not only the nomination but the election.

billv
05-18-2007, 01:47 AM
I do believe that Ron Paul has enough appeal that he can win the general election because of his traditional conservative message. Freedom wins out. I've heard a lot from liberal democrats, and I'm sure others here have seen the same thing, that they love Ron Paul. However, winning the Republican Primary is going to require a lot of work. Ron Paul is the first candidate I've so believed in that I've been trying to campaign for him for more than a week now. Heheh, I keep putting off my studying for him. I'm addicted, lol.

Korey Kaczynski
05-18-2007, 04:24 AM
Maybe this is just a crazy wild late-night idea... but what if... Rudy wants Ron to win? Is it possible? Is he really so dumb about how publicity works, that he wouldn't have known how attacking Paul would turn out? If he's secretly on our side, what would his motive be?

They knew Paul was the "fringe" candidate; what they didn't count on was that he has a lot more support than what he suspected, and is more likeable than he (Benito Giuliani). He thought'd he'd just attack the "crazy guy" (probably with the instruction of Fox News considering he knew he'd be allowed to break the rules without consequence.... note that Gilmore did fear doing that) and get brownie points, which he did, but ultimately it will be short lived and Ron Paul ended up getting a better deal out of it.

qednick
05-18-2007, 08:25 AM
I'm not sure RG's attack was intended solely for Ron Paul at the debates. I think he was just waiting for an opportunity to play the patriot 9/11 card and it was Ron Paul that triggered it.

RG knows that the only way he's going to win is via 9/11 and play on people's patriotism. Unforuntately for him, he's about 5 or 6 years too late to do that. The rest of his policies just don't fit in with the neo-con agenda.

RG may have gotten some applause for his attack. He probably had his little speech all prepared and knew what he wanted to say - he just needed someone to trip the trip wire and give him the opportunity to spew it out. Again, unfortunately for him, most people could see through his charade and knew RP was right. That's why RP beat him in Fox's own poll.

Did you notice anyone younger than 60 in the audience? - I didn't.