PDA

View Full Version : Marc Carey's Ominous Warning To Thomas Massie

Sola_Fide
05-23-2012, 03:04 PM
Rand Paul has to be feeling pretty empowered at the moment and Massie has to be feeling like he’s in pretty good shape for November. But since the TEA party has declared war on the GOP in Kentucky, vowing not to support the establishment candidates after a primary should their candidates not win, look for there to be some effort to deliver them a dose of their own medicine with an effort by some party stalwarts to try to hurt Massie this summer playing the long game, hoping to pick him off in two years if not November.

With Obama polling badly in Kentucky Massie’s chances look good for the fall race, but don’t rule out a calculated plan by those who don’t like the more liberal views of his libertarian leanings to try to limit Massie to one term. He can pretty well expect that some Republicans will try to make the life of this Ron Paul protégé miserable for the next two years.

If he hopes to stay in Congress long enough to get anything done it will take far more compromise by Massie to smooth the ruffled feathers of the establishment than most Paul supporters have thus far seemed willing to put forth. Then again, since it seems that Massie didn’t need them to win in the first place, he might just ignore the party altogether preferring instead to help Ron Paul “take over” the GOP rather than join its ranks.

http://www.bluegrassbulletin.com/2012/05/what-happened-in-the-fourth-district-race.html

MelissaWV
05-23-2012, 03:07 PM
I'm... not even sure what he's threatening. I don't think he is, either.

angelatc
05-23-2012, 03:14 PM
My comment, pending approval:

You forgot to say, "Congratulations."

economics102
05-23-2012, 03:22 PM
My comment, pending approval:

Just a word of caution to anyone commenting on Marcus' blog: Marcus Carey was very VERY fair to us consistently throughout Rand Paul's senate race and stood up for Rand many times. He doesn't necessarily share our political beliefs but he's one of the good guys in the media.

So, no need to be antagonistic toward him. I read his blog as simply his candid analysis.

Sola_Fide
05-23-2012, 03:28 PM
Just a word of caution to anyone commenting on Marcus' blog: Marcus Carey was very VERY fair to us consistently throughout Rand Paul's senate race and stood up for Rand many times. He doesn't necessarily share our political beliefs but he's one of the good guys in the media.

So, no need to be antagonistic toward him. I read his blog as simply his candid analysis.

Marcus Carey has completely lost my respect. Anyone following this race knows the lies and smears that have originated with Marcus Carey. For a long time, it has been his mission to keep libertarians and independents out of the Kentucky GOP.

If you think his blog is just "candid analysis", then you haven't been reading it.

Cowlesy
05-23-2012, 03:31 PM

I used to agree with you, but I ignore the guy for the most part now. He's been such a jerk to the whole "ron paul contingent" that I don't see the value of trying to mend any fences he's blown through.

He's been one of the biggest head-scratchers I've seen as he posted lots of great stuff, and then basically did a 180. I don't know if it's a bruised ego or what, but he certainly doesn't want to play ball.

Edit: My best memory of him is when he did a podcast after the 2008 CPAC convention -- it was really outstanding. But post the 2008 election race, he's on a different planet from us it seems.

economics102
05-23-2012, 03:33 PM
I haven't followed Marcus since the 2010 race. I'll take your word for it if he's changed his tune. I had a lot of respect for him in 2010.

brushfire
05-23-2012, 03:33 PM
Be everything to everyone or you may not be reelected... Pffft.. real pearls of wisdom.

Sorry - the establishment is on life support, and its our intention to pull the plug... G'bye

economics102
05-23-2012, 03:38 PM
Sorry - the establishment is on life support, and its our intention to pull the plug... G'bye

Ha, I like this.

Thargok
05-23-2012, 04:28 PM
Incumbents don't lose, and typically when you get a huge-plurality and almost majority in a 7-person race, nobody wants to mess with you.

The establishment should focus more on the 2nd district, where they have a congressman looking to move up.

Cardinal Red
05-23-2012, 04:51 PM
Thomas will almost certainly win regardless, but he should work as much as possible to unify the party and reach out to those he defeated and their supporters. This will prevent unnecessary primary challenges in the future and minimize bad blood. Carrots for those who get on board and sticks for those who try to cause problems. If he wins this race and magnanimously mends fences, he can pretty much hold this seat for as long as he wants to. Thomas is a very, very sharp guy and I'm pretty sure he realizes that the folks who are 80% in agreement with him are his allies, not his enemies.

Thomas is proof that candidates, not just messages, matter. He's a terrific candidate with a great bio who stayed on message. That's why he won when other candidates with the same issue positions would not have. We need to build a "farm team" of a lot more folks like him.

BamaFanNKy
05-23-2012, 05:13 PM

You forgot the part where he is a lunatic and killed a 16 year old girl in HS and only spent a month in jail. Then he rails about people need to be thrown in jail for long periods for drug arrests and how he's the life candidate. The guy is a fake. You had him and David Adams on the other side this time. David Adams of course ran this blog under the table for Moore: http://nkyreporter.blogspot.com/2012/04/gary-moore-tea-party-candidate.html

Be aware of the people who say one thing and then stab you in the back the next.

Shotdown1027
05-23-2012, 05:34 PM
Whether it's a threat or not--it's nonsense. Massie won by a huge number in a 7 candidate primary with no incumbent. As an incumbent, he'll win easily in two years. And that's assuming he isn't already moving on to bigger things.

BamaFanNKy
05-23-2012, 05:42 PM
Whether it's a threat or not--it's nonsense. Massie won by a huge number in a 7 candidate primary with no incumbent. As an incumbent, he'll win easily in two years. And that's assuming he isn't already moving on to bigger things.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K97pdv392DM

specsaregood
05-23-2012, 06:22 PM
Marcus Carey has completely lost my respect. Anyone following this race knows the lies and smears that have originated with Marcus Carey. For a long time, it has been his mission to keep libertarians and independents out of the Kentucky GOP.

So how many votes did Carey get in the primary? Like 300?

Sola_Fide
05-23-2012, 06:25 PM
You forgot the part where he is a lunatic and killed a 16 year old girl in HS and only spent a month in jail. Then he rails about people need to be thrown in jail for long periods for drug arrests and how he's the life candidate. The guy is a fake. You had him and David Adams on the other side this time. David Adams of course ran this blog under the table for Moore: http://nkyreporter.blogspot.com/2012/04/gary-moore-tea-party-candidate.html

Be aware of the people who say one thing and then stab you in the back the next.

Are you sure that Adams ran that blog? What a tool that guy is....

Sola_Fide
05-23-2012, 06:26 PM
So how many votes did Carey get in the primary? Like 300?

lol...I think it was in the 800's

BamaFanNKy
05-23-2012, 06:30 PM
Are you sure that Adams ran that blog? What a tool that guy is....

It's pretty well known he did.

specsaregood
05-23-2012, 06:43 PM
lol...I think it was in the 800's

so not exactly somebody that has much influence or even a grasp of the current mood of kentuckians.

angelatc
05-23-2012, 07:06 PM
I haven't followed Marcus since the 2010 race. I'll take your word for it if he's changed his tune. I had a lot of respect for him in 2010.

So did I. But he reverted back to his usual self after Rand on, which confused me even more.

Aratus
05-23-2012, 09:10 PM
if tampa goes smoothly, mitch mcconnell will pull thru for all GOP contenders in KY?
if tampa doesn't help the GOP nominee along, things are choppy locally in kentucky?

Bastiat's The Law
05-24-2012, 01:59 AM
Thanks Marcus, but

http://cdn.screenrant.com/wp-content/uploads/Tyrion-Lannister-in-Game-of-Thrones-Season-2.jpg

"Massie understands the way this game is played."

Indy Vidual
05-24-2012, 02:03 AM
Then again, since it seems that Massie didn’t need them to win in the first place, he might just ignore the party altogether preferring instead to help Ron Paul “take over” the GOP rather than join its ranks.
^^^
This