PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Third Party Press Conference September 10, 2008

RickyJ
05-23-2012, 07:53 AM
I am sure this was posted in 2008, but it needs to be reposted now to remind people that Ron Paul is not against third party runs and could still possibly run third party this election.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iz7maOrGW3Y

RickyJ
05-23-2012, 08:34 AM
I think we can safely assume, that if Ron Paul is the same man he was four years ago, and I think that he is, there is no way he would ever endorse Mitt Romney.

The third party option is still very much open for Ron Paul if he doesn't get the Republican nomination.

RickyJ
05-23-2012, 10:04 AM
Rand Paul is not the same as his father when it comes to principles, that can clearly be seen by him voting for economic sanctions against Iran and saying that he would endorse the Republican nominee. I couldn't give a rat's ass about the Republican party after the way they have treated Ron Paul his entire time he served as a congressman and his presidential runs. Rand Paul will not get my vote in 2016, and the Republican party can go to hell if they think TRUE Ron Paul supporters will EVER vote for a compromised candidate. It will never happen!

LimitedGovernment
05-23-2012, 12:09 PM
Rand Paul is not the same as his father when it comes to principles, that can clearly be seen by him voting for economic sanctions against Iran and saying that he would endorse the Republican nominee. I couldn't give a rat's ass about the Republican party after the way they have treated Ron Paul his entire time he served as a congressman and his presidential runs. Rand Paul will not get my vote in 2016, and the Republican party can go to hell if they think TRUE Ron Paul supporters will EVER vote for a compromised candidate. It will never happen!

Would you vote for Nader?

RickyJ
05-23-2012, 12:21 PM

No.

Why do you even ask that?

GeorgiaAvenger
05-23-2012, 12:23 PM

I wouldn't. I would prefer Romney to Nader.

I would vote for Rand Paul though.

jbauer
05-23-2012, 12:41 PM
One of the reasons Ron is so liked is his consiteancy about what he does and votes for. I don't really beleive another Ron exists in the current political system. So unless you're not going to vote in 2016 you're going to be hard pressed to find a canadite that is 100% spot on with your thoughts.

LimitedGovernment
05-23-2012, 01:16 PM
No.

Why do you even ask that?

Because in the video that you posted, Ron Paul was saying that all of the "3rd Party" candidates should get together, and all of their supporters should vote for one of them. If the guy they got behind was Nader and you wouldn't vote for him, then you're disagreeing with Paul.

I just wanted to point that out.

Edit:

He speaks about it at roughly 7 minutes in (your video link). He talks about organizing an independent debate, and bringing all of the supporters together. This followed along with his previous statements about working with Kucinich.

See Nader's part of the event here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJfNicO6sNA