PDA

View Full Version : Herman Cain learned from Ron Paul and is calling for a return to a gold standard

AngelClark
05-22-2012, 08:00 PM
While Herman Cain was a Republican candidate for President he made headlines for arguing with Congressman Ron Paul over monetary policy and the Federal Reserve. Herman Cain had worked for the Federal Reserve from 1992 to 1996, a fact that made many conservatives nervous. Although Herman Cain dropped out of the Republican presidential race in December amidst allegations of sexual impropriety, on Tuesday Herman Cain released his most recent book. In 9-9-9 An Army of Davids released Tuesday, Herman Cain has agreed with Ron Paul and called for a return to the gold standard.

Herman Cain reportedly devotes over a quarter of his most recent book to "passionate advocacy of the gold standard".
In his book, Cain and his co-author, Rich Lowrie, provide principles for a smooth transition to a gold standard. Congressman Ron Paul has yet to comment on his influence on Herman Cain.

Continue reading: http://exm.nr/JPzEM2

This made me laugh.

fj45lvr
05-22-2012, 08:31 PM
I think Paul wants "gold as money" and not a "gold standard" (which was still a fractional reserve fraud).

Drex
05-22-2012, 08:34 PM
The Pizza standard

aksmith
05-22-2012, 08:53 PM
While Herman Cain was a Republican candidate for President he made headlines for arguing with Congressman Ron Paul over monetary policy and the Federal Reserve. Herman Cain had worked for the Federal Reserve from 1992 to 1996, a fact that made many conservatives nervous. Although Herman Cain dropped out of the Republican presidential race in December amidst allegations of sexual impropriety, on Tuesday Herman Cain released his most recent book. In 9-9-9 An Army of Davids released Tuesday, Herman Cain has agreed with Ron Paul and called for a return to the gold standard.

Herman Cain reportedly devotes over a quarter of his most recent book to "passionate advocacy of the gold standard".
In his book, Cain and his co-author, Rich Lowrie, provide principles for a smooth transition to a gold standard. Congressman Ron Paul has yet to comment on his influence on Herman Cain.

Continue reading: http://exm.nr/JPzEM2

This made me laugh.

What is the politically correct term for "mentally retarded" these days.

kill the banks
05-22-2012, 08:54 PM
pizza challenged

Voluntary Man
05-22-2012, 09:08 PM

"governed"

NorfolkPCSolutions
05-22-2012, 09:15 PM
What is the politically correct term for "mentally retarded" these days?

"Hello, I am Herman Cain."

OH POOP I FORGOT

"What is 'Herman Cain' for $500, Alex?

Therrre you go...

ctiger2
05-22-2012, 09:18 PM
Ron is for a free market gold coin standard. It's not WHAT money is but WHO controls it which is the MOST important. We could go back on a Gold Standard under the US Govt or Federal Reserve System and they would undermine the system and it would blow up in 30 years. Gold is never at fault for anything going wrong. For it's simply an anchor. It's always the people who are in control of the monetary system that undermine it and lead to it's collapse.

ShaneEnochs
05-22-2012, 09:21 PM
Is this real life?

mczerone
05-22-2012, 09:25 PM
So again Cain proves that he either isn't listening or is just too dumb to understand.

Though I am curious if Cain runs again, will he face the same "how can you advocate a failed, anachronistic monetary policy" questions that Paul gets (even though Paul doesn't advocate such a thing). My guess is that the media would fawn all over Cain's "nobility to call for a return to sound money" and wouldn't even bother remembering how they treated Ron.

Down the memory hole with goldbug bashing. We've always loved goldbugs and hated the Fed. Oh and Ron Paul? He thinks that money could be left to wild speculators; how would we even know if the money was backed by gold? (see how they can still marginalize the sane position)

Carehn
05-22-2012, 09:26 PM
"governed"
If I could only give you more rep!!!!!!

cstarace
05-22-2012, 09:29 PM
Cain is quickly becoming irrelevant and will say anything he can to stay in the public spotlight. He's the ultimate troll.

Matt Collins
05-22-2012, 09:31 PM
oh the irony

J_White
05-22-2012, 10:35 PM
cognitively challenged ?

musicmax
05-23-2012, 12:28 AM
I think Paul wants "gold as money" and not a "gold standard" (which was still a fractional reserve fraud).

You think wrong.

http://www.knology.net/~bilrum/5goldmyths.htm

musicmax
05-23-2012, 12:30 AM

"Professor Krugman"

S.Shorland
05-23-2012, 01:01 AM
Paul doesn't want a gold standard he wants competition ie a floating exchange rate.See 1:13

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mxw5oy_OH1s

JK/SEA
05-23-2012, 01:03 AM
Can we expect an endorsement now?....

Liberty74
05-23-2012, 04:56 AM
So it is true. Cain was never a serious candidate. He was only using the platform to launch another book. Cain never actually thought he would skyrocket to the top of polls with the help of the media when he won one measly straw poll down in FL. Hey, two weeks weren't bad before shit hit the fan. Book time! I wouldn't take the book seriously either.

arsenius
05-23-2012, 06:54 AM
I may be crazy, but when you combine this with the video of Newt in favor of auditing the fed... Are we seeing a pattern? Maybe the GOP is really going to change the platform, or something like that.

jovasi
05-23-2012, 07:14 AM
You think wrong.

http://www.knology.net/~bilrum/5goldmyths.htm

Great read! Thanks for the link.

freedomordeath
05-23-2012, 07:24 AM
This reminds me of the architect in the Matrix...
there are levels of survival we are willing to except

I think with the attack on the FED like a virus its willing to transform itselft for its own survival, they are already talking about bringing in bills to control the FED more and yes they might even throw us a gold bone, but they will still be in control. For me the best thing that possibly can be done is they keep their system as much as they want, but they legalize gold and silver tender, take tax and esp capital gains tax off of it and us crazy poeple will then have gold and the clever poeple can have paper

Exiled_LFOD
05-23-2012, 07:25 AM
"governed"

:eek:

Occam's Banana
05-23-2012, 07:32 AM
I may be crazy, but when you combine this with the video of Newt in favor of auditing the fed... Are we seeing a pattern? Maybe the GOP is really going to change the platform, or something like that.

Gingrich and Cain are playing the part of "bandwagon hijackers." This is the first step in the establishment's attempt to "co-opt" Ron Paul's sound money message.

First, they'll try to make it look like they've "come around" and now think it's a great idea who's time has come.

Then they'll water it down into something meaningless & impotent - but something that puts *them* in control of the narrative.

Anyone who doesn't go along with whatever balderdash they concoct can then be portrayed as unreasonable & obstructionist.

ETA: By "they" I mean the establishment. Gingrich & Cain are just the front-men.

LibertyEagle
05-23-2012, 08:11 AM
So it is true. Cain was never a serious candidate. He was only using the platform to launch another book. Cain never actually thought he would skyrocket to the top of polls with the help of the media when he won one measly straw poll down in FL. Hey, two weeks weren't bad before shit hit the fan. Book time! I wouldn't take the book seriously either.

Yeah, I read where it really started out as a book tour... ROFL

GeorgiaAvenger
05-23-2012, 08:50 AM
Excellent.

unknown
05-23-2012, 09:24 AM
I hate that mindless, clueless POS so much.