me3
11-15-2007, 11:54 PM
Dr. Paul has mentioned Gandhi's Doctrine of

First they ignore you
Then they laugh at you
Then they attack you
Then you win

numerous times.

But, I see a lot of people still hung up on misunderstandings about the 3rd phase, of being attacked.

Gandhi overcame the attacks upon him, by continuing on with his message and his mission. He didn't stop to fight those who attacked him. He just continued on with his work, his principles and towards his goal. He took a lot of abuse, but he never relented, never surrendered. He also never fought back, except with the force of his self-sacrifice and the strength of his convictions.

Dr. Paul has entrusted all of us with a large portion of his campaign. Canvassing, promoting, educating, fund raising, organizing etc. While the grassroots is decentralized and unofficial, it is still a very integral part of the campaign.

Remember to reason, not to retaliate. To stay focused on the portion of the campaign Dr. Paul has entrusted to us. Keep working, smiling and talking to others.

Don't get hung up on the people who attack, or talk Dr. Paul down. The volume of those slanders have already decreased with all of the positive coverage from effective grassroots campaigning on 11/5.

Every time we do something positive, we're getting a positive return. Many times when we focus on the negative, there is no return at all, and that creativity, time and energy is lost.

We're getting very close to the hour of reckoning, and really need to circle the wagons. It's time to make that big 50 day push to get Dr. Paul started on the path to the White House.

It's now or never. Keep working. Support Dr. Paul

Goldwater Conservative
11-16-2007, 12:21 AM
I agree, and thank you for posting this. I myself lose sight of this sometimes, if only because I'm honestly frightened about what will happen if this man isn't elected. But you're absolutely right.

Grandson of Liberty
11-16-2007, 12:26 AM
Great point.

But doesn't this belong in another forum? :p

Just funnin' with ya! ;)

thomj76
11-16-2007, 12:27 AM
Very Sage Advice....

Flirple
11-16-2007, 12:37 AM
I think your post really helps make sense of how Ron deals with all the attacks. Such as when people laugh at him in the debates or they take his comments and spin them into something he didn't mean. But more specifically, the way people are trying to paint him as a racist, neo-nazi, anti-Semite, etc. And these attacks are going to get a lot worse.

And for a lot of people they get frustrated because he tends to not ever address the accusations directly to set the record strait. This approach flies in the face of "campaigning 101". Any other candidate would immediately get ahead of the story and do everything they could to try to set the record strait before their political enemies can propagate the smear. But Ron's approach seems to be to ignore it and don't stray from his message.

Perhaps we should follow Ron's lead with that technique.?

Libertarian
11-16-2007, 12:41 AM
In the words of Mark Twain:

"In the beginning of a CHANGE, the Patriot is a scarce man, brave, hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a Patriot.

Pete Kay
11-16-2007, 12:45 AM
Excellent advice. Sometimes it's easy to lose sight of what we are trying to achieve here and get sidelined with petty arguments and Ron Paul attackers.

user
11-16-2007, 12:45 AM
I think your post really helps make sense of how Ron deals with all the attacks. Such as when people laugh at him in the debates or they take his comments and spin them into something he didn't mean. But more specifically, the way people are trying to paint him as a racist, neo-nazi, anti-Semite, etc. And these attacks are going to get a lot worse.

And for a lot of people they get frustrated because he tends to not ever address the accusations directly to set the record strait. This approach flies in the face of "campaigning 101". Any other candidate would immediately get ahead of the story and do everything they could to try to set the record strait before their political enemies can propagate the smear. But Ron's approach seems to be to ignore it and don't stray from his message.

Perhaps we should follow Ron's lead with that technique.?
Now that I think about it more, I don't think we really have a choice. There are so many votes of his that sound crazy at first but make perfect sense with an explanation. We'll be attacked for all of these, and there's no way we can stay ahead of all of them. So it looks like we'll have to follow Ron's approach anyway. Stay on message and answer questions when asked directly.

Politeia
11-16-2007, 01:16 AM
Doctrine. noun.
1. a belief or set of beliefs held and taught by a church, political party, or other group : the doctrine of predestination.
2. a stated principle of government policy, mainly in foreign or military affairs : the Monroe Doctrine.

but simply a famous quotation (unable to locate source (http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Mahatma_Gandhi)), an observation, or description of how things work.

realitywiz
11-16-2007, 01:28 AM
Dr. Paul has mentioned Gandhi's Doctrine of

First they ignore you
Then they laugh at you
Then they attack you
Then you win

numerous times.

But, I see a lot of people still hung up on misunderstandings about the 3rd phase, of being attacked.

Gandhi overcame the attacks upon him, by continuing on with his message and his mission. He didn't stop to fight those who attacked him. He just continued on with his work, his principles and towards his goal. He took a lot of abuse, but he never relented, never surrendered. He also never fought back, except with the force of his self-sacrifice and the strength of his convictions.

Dr. Paul has entrusted all of us with a large portion of his campaign. Canvassing, promoting, educating, fund raising, organizing etc. While the grassroots is decentralized and unofficial, it is still a very integral part of the campaign.

Remember to reason, not to retaliate. To stay focused on the portion of the campaign Dr. Paul has entrusted to us. Keep working, smiling and talking to others.

Don't get hung up on the people who attack, or talk Dr. Paul down. The volume of those slanders have already decreased with all of the positive coverage from effective grassroots campaigning on 11/5.

Every time we do something positive, we're getting a positive return. Many times when we focus on the negative, there is no return at all, and that creativity, time and energy is lost.

We're getting very close to the hour of reckoning, and really need to circle the wagons. It's time to make that big 50 day push to get Dr. Paul started on the path to the White House.

It's now or never. Keep working. Support Dr. Paul

This is excellent advice. Thanks... I learned something from you today. :)

seapilot
11-16-2007, 02:31 AM
I avoid reading any obvious hit pieces and only read the positives. If someone is obviously misguided about Dr. Paul from dumbdown media and doesnt understand then I try to explain it to them.

me3
11-16-2007, 10:07 AM
Now that I think about it more, I don't think we really have a choice.
Exactly. Dr. Paul is setting an excellent example for us to follow. He's a special leader for our time.

If each of us can find two more primary voters, or help one person become a delegate, we're going to have tremendous success.

Every little bit, if it's helping someone else, encouraging someone, spreading the message, showing up to vote, donating, all of that is positive, and keeps the momentum of the revolution growing.

And we're basically 50 days before we have to hit critical mass, and the campaign is positioned to go viral with Iowa and New Hampshire as the catalysts.

stevedasbach
11-16-2007, 10:57 AM
bump - this is something we all need to take to heart.

thomj76
11-16-2007, 04:41 PM
Double bump for effect... :)

ursamajor
11-16-2007, 05:04 PM
Well said! I must agree. Please remain positive and productive. Debate and discuss and discourse with people. We must not fight back. The truth is powerful enough to emerge, with sponsors.

nlke182
11-16-2007, 05:07 PM
Here is a Ron Paul video version of this discussion. http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/Ron_Paul_Supports_The_Troops start watching about 3 minutes in he breaks down the quote and really represents it.