PDA

View Full Version : Moneybomb has all but stopped - $835k

SilenceDewgooder
05-22-2012, 11:30 AM
very little movement for about 2 hours...

BestVirginia
05-22-2012, 11:40 AM
The campaign has said that they will no longer be actively campaigning in the remaining states, but is still asking for money. Has there been any clarity in what they will be spending it on? I'm confused about the purpose of the money bomb.

kill the banks
05-22-2012, 11:42 AM
getting delegates

BestVirginia
05-22-2012, 11:45 AM
getting delegates

Isn't that what the grassroots have been doing since the beginning? How is the campaign going to turn money into delegates? There is a disconnect there that I'm not understanding.

sailingaway
05-22-2012, 11:46 AM
It was initially for $650,000, and they usually end after the weekend. I think that is why. What we are seeing now is just normal donations.

sailingaway
05-22-2012, 11:47 AM
Isn't that what the grassroots have been doing since the beginning? How is the campaign going to turn money into delegates? There is a disconnect there that I'm not understanding.

we might well have gotten more had the campaign been present with lawyers and parliamentarians in OK and AZ. Training, etc, all takes money and more staff and an office etc. That is why it is so much more polished in some areas than others.

Guitarzan
05-22-2012, 11:48 AM
The campaign has said that they will no longer be actively campaigning in the remaining states, but is still asking for money. Has there been any clarity in what they will be spending it on? I'm confused about the purpose of the money bomb.

The campaign announced that they will no longer be campaigning in the remaining states that have primaries. But they would still be pursuing delegates in states in which the delegate process is still ongoing...which is what the last money bomb's main purpose was.

Hopefully, your confusion is now a thing of the past.

BestVirginia
05-22-2012, 11:50 AM
we might well have gotten more had the campaign been present with lawyers and parliamentarians in OK and AZ. Training, etc, all takes money and more staff and an office etc. That is why it is so much more polished in some areas than others.

So the campaign will be spending this money on lawyers, offices, staff, and delegate trainings? That's a bit more clearer than "Delegates". I suppose I'm just wary. The campaign hasn't impressed me by defending our own delegates or challenging GOP shenanigans. I don't have much to give at this point, and it's coming down to giving money to what I believe is an ineptly run campaign or helping Kurt Bills out in MN.

Choices, choices.

anewvoice
05-22-2012, 01:14 PM
All moneybombs stop eventually, and at 835k this one blew past the target of 650k. I'm excited to see such a response in the face of all the negativity.

SilenceDewgooder
05-22-2012, 01:20 PM
A cool mill would have made for a nice MSM headline: "After Suspending His Campaign, Ron Paul Still Raised $1 Million In His Final Moneybomb" - of course the article would have said that its fundraising fraud and had a picture of John Edwards instead of Paul.

NoOneButPaul
05-22-2012, 01:21 PM
All moneybombs stop eventually, and at 835k this one blew past the target of 650k. I'm excited to see such a response in the face of all the negativity.

Adding to this... I felt incredibly pissed/sad/apathetic after what Benton's dumb ass did last week but when I saw how great the moneybomb was going it seemed to all wash away.

Considering we almost went past the goal by almost 200k AFTER the media declared us dead... that's pretty damn impressive.

jbuttell
05-22-2012, 02:24 PM
very impressive... let's do it again.