PDA

View Full Version : Corporations ‘Just Want To Help With’ the TSA's Gate-Rape

Anti Federalist
05-22-2012, 06:50 AM
Corporations ‘Just Want To Help With’ the TSA's Gate-Rape

Posted by Becky Akers on May 22, 2012 03:35 AM

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/112428.html

Our corporate Rulers lust to profit even more than they already have from passengers’ trauma at the TSA’s checkpoints. Accordingly, “Homeland Security Department contractors such as Adobe, Boeing Co. and IBM, announced Monday the creation of the WHSR [Washington Homeland Security Roundtable]-TSA Senior Executive Industry Forum.” They hope to “[start] a dialogue to make it easier to do business with TSA.”

“‘Our objective is really to have industry have an opportunity to work with the leadership of TSA,’ WHSR Director Kay Olive” prattled.

Yo, Kay: “industry” worked so well with an earlier “leadership” that the companies virtually eliminated their costs for labor — though they still had to pay the guards and buy miles of barbed wire.

They also came up with a catchy slogan: Arbeit Macht Frei. I bet they'd lease you the rights.

Kay continued in accents of utter evil, “I think [TSA’s] looking every way they can to improve and increase effectiveness, and we just want to help with that. Much like every agency out there, I think they’re just looking for opportunity.”

There may be obscenities more chilling than “industry’s” bestial union with Leviathan, but I’m hard put to name them.

Occam's Banana
05-22-2012, 07:31 AM
Yo, Kay: “industry” worked so well with an earlier “leadership” that the companies virtually eliminated their costs for labor — though they still had to pay the guards and buy miles of barbed wire.

They also came up with a catchy slogan: Arbeit Macht Frei. I bet they'd lease you the rights.

Kay continued in accents of utter evil, “I think [TSA’s] looking every way they can to improve and increase effectiveness, and we just want to help with that. Much like every agency out there, I think they’re just looking for opportunity.”

Efficiency über alles!

Yet more evidence, if more were needed, that many corporations are just tools for the state (or - same difference - that the state is just a tool for many corporations).

tod evans
05-22-2012, 07:41 AM
Quit printing money and let's see how many tax-payers actually want to fund this BS.

osan
05-22-2012, 08:00 AM
Efficiency über alles!

Order über alles!

Vee vill order haben!

Achtung! Schazi... Wir allen sind NAZI!

Yadda yadda yadda yoo... Never wanna be a joooooo...

<goose step> <goose step> <goose step> <goose step>

cheapseats
05-22-2012, 08:09 AM
I know someone will be delighted to correct me if I'm wrong.

Rand Paul does NOT advocate eliminating the Touch & Search Agency, rather, he wants to PRIVATIZE that bad boy.

Where the rubber of Civil Rights meets the concrete of civil rights abuses, that's like BLACKWATER instead of MILITARY.

I mean XE.

LibertyEagle
05-22-2012, 08:26 AM

Rand Paul does NOT advocate eliminating the Touch & Search Agency, rather, he wants to PRIVATIZE that bad boy.

Where the rubber of Civil Rights meets the concrete of civil rights abuses, that's like BLACKWATER instead of MILITARY.

I mean XE.

There you go again, spouting off without checking the facts.

What Rand has done as part of his budget proposal is to defund the TSA. The function then would go to the airports.

There is no End the TSA bill, per se. It would be ended by defunding it.

cheapseats
05-22-2012, 08:39 AM
There you go again, spouting off without checking the facts.

There YOU go again . . .

Sen. Rand Paul launches campaign to end the TSA, privatize airport security

http://www.naturalnews.com/035793_Rand_Paul_TSA_airport_security.html

Rand Paul campaigning to privatize the TSA

http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/p/33266825/Rand-Paul-campaigning-to-privatize-the-TSA.aspx

Time to Privatize the TSA?

...A spokeswoman for Rand Paul announced that he is working on “multiple” TSA bills. One of the proposed bills calls for the privatization of the TSA and another is a passenger bill of rights. Paul’s father, Rep. Ron Paul (R-TX), began the momentum to put an end to the TSA and also founded the organization C4L.

http://www.libertynews.com/2012/05/07/time-to-privatize-the-tsa/

You don't really seem like the type to be acquainted with pickup basketball but . . .

YOUR FACE.

Occam's Banana
05-22-2012, 08:48 AM
Order über alles!

Vee vill order haben!

Achtung! Schazi... Wir allen sind NAZI!

Yadda yadda yadda yoo... Never wanna be a joooooo...

<goose step> <goose step> <goose step> <goose step>

Und Czechoslovakia, und Poland ... Kaput!
Und die Fraulein mit die Glockenspiel und die Bustenhalter ... Verboten!
Und die Appelstrudel mit dem Liederkranz ... Gesundheit!
Everyzing ist Gesundheit, Kaput und Verboten!

(Sorry, AF! Not trying to derail your thread ... but I just couldn't resist! :o Stalag 17, BTW = one of the best movies EVARRR!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEi5PAFkiNI

Occam's Banana
05-22-2012, 09:15 AM

I mean XE.

You are wrong. Diagnosis: total analogy FAIL.

The customers of airports (i.e., US airline passengers) would not tolerate the sort of things the TSA puts them through if they had any choice in the matter. Any airport/airline making use of a private security regime that treated passengers the way the TSA does would lose *way* too much business to airports/airlines that did NOT do so (while still managing to keep passengers & flights safe). It's called "market discipline."

There is no such dynamic operating in the notorious case of Blackwater/Xe - where the "customer" was the US government (not Blackwater/Xe's victims). So instead of "market discipline" you get "corporate cronyism" (MIC-flavored, in this case).

PaulConventionWV
05-22-2012, 09:59 AM

I mean XE.

You can't privatize a government agency. Like LE said, the function would go to the airports, and each airport would do it whatever way they believed would be best for their customers.

The point is that we're not privatizing the TSA. We're privatizing airport security. Privatizing TSA implies that it will still be called the TSA and retain functions of the TSA, which would make no sense if it were privatized. The TSA would effectively cease to exist, and many of its practices would become obsolete.

PaulConventionWV
05-22-2012, 10:05 AM
Und Czechoslovakia, und Poland ... Kaput!
Und die Fraulein mit die Glockenspiel und die Bustenhalter ... Verboten!
Und die Appelstrudel mit dem Liederkranz ... Gesundheit!
Everyzing ist Gesundheit, Kaput und Verboten!

(Sorry, AF! Not trying to derail your thread ... but I just couldn't resist! :o Stalag 17, BTW = one of the best movies EVARRR!)

One of those German words is not like the others. Its use confuses me.

cheapseats
05-22-2012, 10:08 AM
You are wrong. Diagnosis: total analogy FAIL.

And I say YOU are wrong.

That make YOU right, right?

The customers of airports (i.e., US airline passengers) would not tolerate the sort of things the TSA puts them through if they had any choice in the matter. Any airport/airline making use of a private security regime that treated passengers the way the TSA does would lose *way* too much business to airports/airlines that did NOT do so (while still managing to keep passengers & flights safe). It's called "market discipline."

Nice theory.

If the airline that will fly me to from L.A. to New York is pervy, I cannot simply decide to take whatever commuter puddle-jumper does NOT hire Pervs & Goons. Not "all" airlines (as if there are so many) fly all routes.

Security is MUCH likelier to vary AIRPORT BY AIRPORT, than airline by airline.

What if airports/airlines act in UNISON? I trust you have noticed some COLLUSION on pricing?

You say Scaredy Cats tolerate TSA because they have NO CHOICE. You imply people can't NOT fly.

Then you suggest that non-confrontational, mild-mannered, pressed-for-time folks WILL put their shoeless feet down and say: NO WAY AM I PUTTING UP WITH THIS SHIT, NOW THAT IT'S NOT A FEDERAL AGENCY! I WILL DRIVE, TAKE THE TRAIN OR STAY HOME!

WISHFUL THINKING + KUM BAY AH = got hope?

Occam's Banana
05-22-2012, 10:39 AM
[snip]
No mas! No mas! Uncle, uncle! You've convinced me!

I am simply no match for your devastating barrage of unsupported assertions, implicit over-generalizations, begged questions, false analogies, straw men, etc. (especially when packaged, as they are, in such compelling one-line innuendoes, and so strategically/randomly enhanced with ALL-CAPS'ed signifiers). Poor, embattled me - I never stood a chance!

And damn that Rand Paul! Damn him for making me think ... well ... whatever it is I thought BEFORE cheapseats led me to REASON and showed me the SWEET light of TRUTH!

The Free Hornet
05-22-2012, 11:46 AM

I mean XE.

Cheapseats,

Read the links you post:

Sen. Rand Paul launches campaign to end the TSA, privatize airport security (http://www.naturalnews.com/035793_Rand_Paul_TSA_airport_security.html)

... wants to reverse this horrific descent into tyranny by putting an immediate end to the agency, having recently launched a campaign to End the TSA

"Privatize" is used to scare people into thinking an unaccountable corporation will do the abusing instead of our presumably elected betters (truth: private corporations are more easily held accountable and virtually no aspects of the Federal government are subject to "elections"). It is a statist smear tactic. This is what privatize means:

privatize
[prahy-vuh-tahyz]  
pri·va·tize
   [prahy-vuh-tahyz]
verb (used with object), pri·va·tized, pri·va·tiz·ing.
1. to transfer from public or government control or ownership to private enterprise: a campaign promise to privatize some of the public lands.
2. to make exclusive; delimit or appropriate: special-interest groups attempting to privatize social issues.

The bill does neither of these as the TSA is not transferred to private hands. In fact, security will be less exclusive as more entities - including states, cities, airlines, airports, and passengers - will have a say in what security arrangements they want.

E.g., if the war on drugs ends, the DEA is not "privatized" it is defunded or eliminated. Individuals and jurisdictions more accountable to the people through local elections would pick up any "slack" (the wise officials would leave well enough alone).

Having had trouble with you in the past and your misunderstanding of the English language, I offer you a choice. Make a retraction or go in the bucket!

cheapseats
05-22-2012, 12:11 PM
Cheapseats,

Read the links you post:

L-O-FUCKING-L.

"Privatize" is used to scare people into thinking an unaccountable corporation will do the abusing instead of our presumably elected betters (truth: private corporations are more easily held accountable and virtually no aspects of the Federal government are subject to "elections"). It is a statist smear tactic. This is what privatize means:

L-O-FUCKING-L.

In fact, security will be less exclusive as more entities - including states, cities, airlines, airports, and passengers - will have a say in what security arrangements they want.

You are aware that well-heeled Frequent Flyers are receiving OPT OUT OFFERS by mail? Yep, just give 'em all yer personal 411 and you can bypass that...inconvenience.

EVERYONE knows that Terrorists are poor people and that Affluent People do no wrong, RIGHT?

The Free Hornet
05-22-2012, 12:37 PM
L-O-FUCKING-L.

I was looking for an explanation as to how defunding the TSA is privatizing it. Have fun in the bucket!

cheapseats
05-22-2012, 05:32 PM
No mas! No mas! Uncle, uncle! You've convinced me!

I am simply no match for your devastating barrage of unsupported assertions, implicit over-generalizations, begged questions, false analogies, straw men, etc. (especially when packaged, as they are, in such compelling one-line innuendoes, and so strategically/randomly enhanced with ALL-CAPS'ed signifiers). Poor, embattled me - I never stood a chance!

And damn that Rand Paul! Damn him for making me think ... well ... whatever it is I thought BEFORE cheapseats led me to REASON and showed me the SWEET light of TRUTH!

Yeah, me too, cut to the quick.

Whaddya make of America "suddenly" having the largest prison population ON EARTH, subsequent to privatizing prisons? Fluke?

Nay, MARKET "DISCIPLINES."

If more and more and "better and better" security turns a profit, that's what "we" will get.

New & Improved!!

State-of-the-Art!!

Rinse & Repeat!!

If it makes ya feel any better, Gary Johnson is on the wrong side of this..."privatization of prisons" makes his bio.

ImplausibleEndeavors ‏@MindOfMo
@GovGaryJohnson: #PrivatizedInfrastructure = Institutionalized Infringement. FLOP-FLIP on #PrivatizedPrisons: CITE GARISH PRISON POPULATION.

PaulConventionWV
05-23-2012, 06:35 AM
And I say YOU are wrong.

That make YOU right, right?

Nice theory.

If the airline that will fly me to from L.A. to New York is pervy, I cannot simply decide to take whatever commuter puddle-jumper does NOT hire Pervs & Goons. Not "all" airlines (as if there are so many) fly all routes.

Security is MUCH likelier to vary AIRPORT BY AIRPORT, than airline by airline.

What if airports/airlines act in UNISON? I trust you have noticed some COLLUSION on pricing?

You say Scaredy Cats tolerate TSA because they have NO CHOICE. You imply people can't NOT fly.

Then you suggest that non-confrontational, mild-mannered, pressed-for-time folks WILL put their shoeless feet down and say: NO WAY AM I PUTTING UP WITH THIS SHIT, NOW THAT IT'S NOT A FEDERAL AGENCY! I WILL DRIVE, TAKE THE TRAIN OR STAY HOME!

WISHFUL THINKING + KUM BAY AH = got hope?

What you're missing is that these pressed-for-time people will remember what happened to them at one airport and make a better decision next time who they fly with. If airport security is private, then they have a choice. It's funny how youu simply eliminate consumer foresight to make your theory plausible. With the TSA, they don't have an option. If airport security is private, then they have a choice, so it's not like they're going to keep going back to a place that they don't approve of.

cheapseats
05-23-2012, 06:44 AM
What you're missing is that these pressed-for-time people will remember what happened to them at one airport and make a better decision next time who they fly with. If airport security is private, then they have a choice. It's funny how youu simply eliminate consumer foresight to make your theory plausible. With the TSA, they don't have an option. If airport security is private, then they have a choice, so it's not like they're going to keep going back to a place that they don't approve of.

Spoken like a Theorist.

Oh, if a "consumer" with business/family/friends/desire/whatever in New York or Chicago or Miami or L.A. or San Francisco or Denver or Dallas doesn't like the way international and big-city-slicker airports roll, they can choose to fly into smaller, more folksy, more expensive airports and rent cars to get where they REALLY wanted to go?

DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY IS NOT IN ANY WAY, SHAPE OR FORM EVEN BEGINNING TO SCALE BACK. On the contrary.

Without that, privatization is "just" a matter of bringing in some new partners . . . calms Restless Natives right down.

With the TSA, "they don't have an option."

YOU completely overlook collusion among airlines/airports AND collusion between #BigGovernment and #BigBusiness.

TIGHT SECURITY IS BIG BUSINESS. The tighter, the more profitable.

YOU completely overlook that Government regulation will not PERMIT the relaxation that you IMAGINE privatization will initiate.

Occam's Banana
05-23-2012, 06:47 AM
Yeah, me too, cut to the quick.

Whaddya make of America "suddenly" having the largest prison population ON EARTH, subsequent to privatizing prisons? Fluke?

Nay, MARKET "DISCIPLINES."

If more and more and "better and better" security turns a profit, that's what "we" will get.

New & Improved!!

State-of-the-Art!!

Rinse & Repeat!!

If it makes ya feel any better, Gary Johnson is on the wrong side of this..."privatization of prisons" makes his bio.

@GovGaryJohnson: #PrivatizedInfrastructure = Institutionalized Infringement. FLOP-FLIP on #PrivatizedPrisons: CITE GARISH PRISON POPULATION.

I did mention straw men in my previous post, didn't I? Why, yes! Yes, I did ...

I am simply no match for your devastating barrage of unsupported assertions, implicit over-generalizations, begged questions, false analogies, straw men, [...]

cheapseats
05-23-2012, 06:53 AM
I am simply no match...

It's true.

Anti Federalist
05-23-2012, 02:39 PM
Well, this took an unexpected turn.

Feeding the Abscess
06-17-2012, 08:40 AM
Gotta hand it to cheapseats, here. He called it.

Yieu
06-17-2012, 08:53 AM

That is good to know. Glad to see you'll call a spade a spade, no matter who said it. Fake "privatization" with government control can result in more tyranny.

cheapseats
06-17-2012, 10:10 AM
That is good to know. Glad to see you'll call a spade a spade, no matter who said it. Fake "privatization" with government control can result in more tyranny.

I have been calling a spade SPADE...rather than a diminutive short-handled shovel used for more delicate groundwork...since Spade was, in some circles, somehow pejorative for Negroes...who had not yet raised a ruckus to be called Black...before they raised a ruckus to be called African American...before they spied greater advantage in leaguing with BROWN.

Recall James Caan, in the film BRIAN'S SONG, nicknaming himself SPADE PICCOLO at the starting-shot of a sprint...to make MUCH faster Billy Dee Williams finally lose, 'cuz he was doubled-up in laughter.

And I'll tell You-not-you something else...people who RIGHTLY hold other people's feet to the fire must hold their OWN people's feet CLOSEST to the fire, or they have no credibility beyond their own Choir.

That is PRECISELY why Police investigating Police constitutes INSULT ON TOP OF INJURY.

Also why an audit of the mighty and mysterious Federal Reserve by a different, stupider branch of Government constitutes PLACEBO.

Hey, if it makes YOU-not-you feel better...BULLY FOR YOU.