PDA

View Full Version : [Satire] Ron Paul Forming His Own Party as Obama and Romney Join Forces

J_White
05-21-2012, 09:56 PM
http://www.policymic.com/articles/8615/ron-paul-forming-his-own-party-as-obama-and-romney-join-forces

I am not suggesting he run third party or anything, but this is a scarily real satirical article.
Romney is Obama and the real choice against those two is Dr.Paul.

Since both Obama and Romney agree on almost every substantial and important issue, especially those with which a president has power over, rumors of joining campaigns have been circulating inside the Beltway for weeks. And top members of Congress, excited to finally move forward without gridlock, couldn’t be more thrilled.

“I congratulate Romney and Obama for putting the interests of the country ahead of partisan fighting,” Senator Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) said. “Their support for the NDAA bill, for torture, and the lack of concern for archaic notions of civil liberties shows that Washington is truly dedicated to fighting terrorism,” Graham added.

Senator John McCain (R-Ariz.) sounded youthful as ever, saying, "I have applauded Obama’s willingness to use military intervention around the globe in Pakistan, Yemen, Somalia, Libya, and Syria. And with Romney’s promises to increase the military budget by $8 trillion, Iran is next.” McCain spoke as he had his arm around Senator Joe Lieberman (I-Conn.).

Chairman of the Federal Reserve Ben Bernanke was also visibly excited, but showed a calm demeanor as he heaped praised on Obama and Romney.

“Instead of bickering over emotionally powerful, but minor, issues, we have two statesmen joining forces to allow the Fed to have unaccountable power to print money, bailout banks and politically-favored industries, devalue the currency, and manipulate interest rates,” Bernanke said as he left his office on Sunday.