PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Senator Mike Lee endorses Thomas Massie

Gage
05-21-2012, 01:25 PM
“America deserves representatives who will faithfully uphold and respect the Constitution”

FLORENCE, Kentucky– Today, Thomas Massie, Tea Party favorite and leading candidate for the Republican nomination in Kentucky’s 4th congressional district received the endorsement of U.S. Senator Mike Lee (Utah). Lee’s backing is another in a long list of conservative endorsements for Massie including that of fellow Tea Party Senator, Kentucky’s own Rand Paul. See the statement from Sen. Lee giving his endorsement below.

“America deserves representatives who will faithfully uphold and respect the Constitution. That’s why I am proud to endorse Thomas Massie, candidate for Kentucky’s 4th Congressional District.

“My friend and colleague Senator Rand Paul and I need all the help we can get in both houses of Congress to restore constitutionally limited government. Tom is a proven leader and businessman who understands that government shouldn’t be spending more than it takes in. We must get our debt under control and Tom will be a strong voice in helping us rein in the size and influence of government.

“Tom is an advocate for a balanced budget amendment, Second Amendment rights, and a strong national defense. He will vote to repeal ObamaCare, fight against burdensome regulations, and oppose tax increases on hardworking Americans. Tom understands the proper role of the federal government and that states possess certain powers on which the federal government may not intrude. I trust he will be a faithful and effective representative for the people of Kentucky.”

###

http://www.thomasmassie.com/2012/05/21/senator-mike-lee-endorses-thomas-massie-for-congress/

Sola_Fide
05-21-2012, 02:04 PM
Cool. Where's DeMint?

GeorgiaAvenger
05-21-2012, 04:22 PM
We know where Lee's loyalties lay. Great to see the endorsement!

Jeremy
05-21-2012, 04:55 PM
Cool. Where's DeMint?

I think he only endorses for Senate.

Bastiat's The Law
05-21-2012, 07:47 PM
Better late than never.

lib3rtarian
05-21-2012, 08:11 PM
Wow, Mike. Why did such an early endorsement? You still had time.

Krzysztof Lesiak
05-21-2012, 08:27 PM
I guess this sort of makes up for the Obamny endorsement. But couldn't you have done it sooner, Mike?

As for DeMint, I'm not a big fan of him, his is sympathetic to some of the goals of our movement but his loyalties nonetheless lie with the neocon wing of the Tea Party.

Adrock
05-21-2012, 09:38 PM
I hope this is a good sign. Sort of a jumping on the bandwagon at the last minute endorsement.

LibertyIn08
05-22-2012, 04:48 AM
The late endorsement actually provided a great sense of momentum.

When even Redstate.com is pushing Massie, you know he's got the wind at his back.

Sola_Fide
05-22-2012, 04:51 AM
The late endorsement actually provided a great sense of momentum.

When even Redstate.com is pushing Massie, you know he's got the wind at his back.

Yep. Read that this morning. Blew me away that RedState was actually critical of Alecia.

specsaregood
05-22-2012, 05:04 AM
Yep. Read that this morning. Blew me away that RedState was actually critical of Alecia.

link?

Sola_Fide
05-22-2012, 05:06 AM
link?

http://www.redstate.com/dhorowitz3/2012/05/21/what%e2%80%99s-at-stake-today-creating-a-conservative-bench-in-conservative-states/

thoughtomator
05-22-2012, 05:27 AM
Cool. Where's DeMint?

He's leading from the back - look for the guy with his finger in the wind

specsaregood
05-22-2012, 05:42 AM
He's leading from the back - look for the guy with his finger in the wind

To each his own; personally I'm no fan of any type of wind coming from the backside of anything.